I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

I think we have a 300 but not sure—very happy with it. We bought from Costco (4 year warranty) and had no issues.

I think my 4 year warranty is still good. I got it and then Citi discontinued the 2 year extension. Hopefully I won't have any problems. My old dishwasher ran for a long time.

DD is fond of Bosch, but hers have given her problems. The one she has in her current house seems to work when it wants to, and is out of warranty.

Got nerfed by SW yesterday. I had made my holiday flights to ORD flying nonstop from RSW. Got notified on one flight of four that there had been a change. They are no longer flying nonstop to ORD. Not surprised as the ORD SW flights didn't seem to catch on. For us, we lose a lot of value out from the CP with this change as we don't like to fly to MDW when we need to rely on Uber or car rental.

Also noticed they opened the schedule through March 5.
I read an article yesterday about how the whole Boeing plane fiasco is affecting airlines routes & schedules. Since SW is 100% Boeing planes, and the company is not going to receive as many planes from Boeing as it had expected (while Boeing deals with its issues), there have been changes made to deal with the new reality. Sorry to hear that you are affected.

I read an article yesterday about how the whole Boeing plane fiasco is affecting airlines routes & schedules. Since SW is 100% Boeing planes, and the company is not going to receive as many planes from Boeing as it had expected (while Boeing deals with its issues), there have been changes made to deal with the new reality. Sorry to hear that you are affected.
Southwest is pulling out of Houston's Bush airport entirely. It's going to be chaotic for a while for sure.
https://abc13.com/southwest-airline...op flying to IAH on,loss in its first quarter.

Question on a new card - I'm trying to wait right now on Chase because DH and I both have quite a few biz and personal cards. I want to wait until I can cancel a couple (just one more month) before applying for more.

We are good on personal spots - I'm 2/24 and DH is 1/24. I was thinking of going for a Bank of America Altitude Reserve. The mobile pay sounds like something we could take advantage of and it doesn't sound like their points are difficult to redeem for 1.5x on travel expenses.

Just wondered if anyone has had problems with that card or if there's a reason to shy away from it.

Our Stats if needed:

me:
3/24 - Citi Shop your way
1/24 - CIU
9/23 - Chase SW Biz Premier (for CP)
4/23 - Chase IHG
1/23 - CIU
9/22 - CIU
4/22 - AmEx Gold Personal

With Chase - 3 CIU's, 2 CIC, CFU, IHG, Hyatt, SW Biz

DH:
10/23 - CIU
7/23 - CIU
3/23 - CIU
11/22 - CIC
7/22 - CIC
5/22 - AmEx Gold Personal

With Chase: 3 CIU, CSR, Hyatt, CF

I need a new dishwasher and it will help me meet my new MSR. I am going to buy a Bosch, but am debating between the 100 and 300 series. Also debating on where to buy it since I will need it installed. Considering Costco, Lowes and Best Buy. Anybody have any experience/advice to share about these choices?
retail me not has 8% at lowes and best buy today
costco is always my 1st choice for their ease of return/customer service
14% at disney store

Question on a new card - I'm trying to wait right now on Chase because DH and I both have quite a few biz and personal cards. I want to wait until I can cancel a couple (just one more month) before applying for more.

We are good on personal spots - I'm 2/24 and DH is 1/24. I was thinking of going for a Bank of America Altitude Reserve. The mobile pay sounds like something we could take advantage of and it doesn't sound like their points are difficult to redeem for 1.5x on travel expenses.

Just wondered if anyone has had problems with that card or if there's a reason to shy away from it.

Our Stats if needed:

me:
3/24 - Citi Shop your way
1/24 - CIU
9/23 - Chase SW Biz Premier (for CP)
4/23 - Chase IHG
1/23 - CIU
9/22 - CIU
4/22 - AmEx Gold Personal

With Chase - 3 CIU's, 2 CIC, CFU, IHG, Hyatt, SW Biz

DH:
10/23 - CIU
7/23 - CIU
3/23 - CIU
11/22 - CIC
7/22 - CIC
5/22 - AmEx Gold Personal

With Chase: 3 CIU, CSR, Hyatt, CF

U.S. Bank can be inquiry sensitive. Having a relationship or being in footprint helps. For most people, they pull TU while Chase tends to pull EX/EQ. If that's true for you, you should be good.

Have heard they don't like GC purchases, especially on the Altitude Reserve.

Super quick question if anyone is online currently: trying to transfer dd's URs (from her CIU) to my UR account. Chase CSR said can't be done, put me through to supervisor, who also says it can't be done because that option is only for personal cards. Is this correct or HUCA?

ETA: asked for a supervisor, finally got through to the biz dept.; supervisor spoke to dd briefly, added me as an employee to her account, then transferred the URs to my account. Not sure why 2 CSRs assured me it was not possible to transfer URs earned from a biz card to a family member account (and they were certain).

Last edited:

Super quick question if anyone is online currently: trying to transfer dd's URs (from her CIU) to my UR account. Chase CSR said can't be done, put me through to supervisor, who also says it can't be done because that option is only for personal cards. Is this correct or HUCA?
I'm fairly certain I transfer from my Inks to DH's CSR. I would HUCA.

Worst case, does DD have a personal Chase cc? Can you transfer from her CIU to her personal and then to yours?

So if I don't get a vacation in the works soon I'm going to crumble. I canceled a Disney Cruise in March (thank goodness because the cruise was actually the week my father passed away) and Japan in May because I just couldn't plan anything. I've got about 800K URs but I'm okay with using cash. I really want to do something with my mom. She loves to travel and really hasn't taken any trips since they sold their Michigan house in 2022 (with the exception of a weekend in the Poconos last September for my sister's wedding) but she doesn't really have anyone to travel with now. She does have a group of ladies that she cruises with annually (Celebrity) but I think next year they want to do a road trip which she's not too keen on.

I'm thinking of either asking her if she wants to do a cruise in September (good time to get out of Florida and her birthday)--thinking Europe or Boston/Maine/Canada--or seeing if she wants to join me and the kids on our Disney Cruise next summer (Italy and Greece). I just need to figure out how to approach it because I don't want her to feel obligated but I also don't want her not to come because she's worried she'll slow us down. I just know she needs a vacation after spending eight months taking care of my dad (numerous doctors' appointments every week and the final two months spennding 12 hours a day in the hospital) and the immense loss she's dealing with. We both need something to look forward to:)

You are so thoughtful. Maybe aim for the September cruise for the two of you because it's sooner (the Disney cruise might be long to wait for that immediate satisfaction). It might be fun to involve her in the planning. Plus then you two can go at her pace, which is easier than trying to get young adults to go at an older adult's pace.

People need to be needed. So maybe you could approach it as this is something you need and you would really love her companionship?

I feel like historically Virgin offers that 80k cruise deal as the summer gets closer. Maybe keep an eye out for that?

I have an IHG question, I have Platinum status due to holding the CC and I usually book with that card (cash or points). However, I'm looking to use my CSP $50 credit this summer and book a room through the Chase portal. Does anyone have any experience in receiving the Plat benefits when booking this way? Basically I'm hoping for an upgraded room.
No, through Chase you won't get your elite benefits. However, I know the CSR offers The Edit, which is sort of like Amex's FHR program. Not sure if the CSP has a similar offering. But it offers things like free upgrades, breakfast and late checkouts.

ETA: asked for a supervisor, finally got through to the biz dept.; supervisor spoke to dd briefly, added me as an employee to her account, then transferred the URs to my account. Not sure why 2 CSRs assured me it was not possible to transfer URs earned from a biz card to a family member account (and they were certain).
I am 100% certain I've transferred from my CIC to Hubby's CSR without an interim transfer to a personal card. Did it just today as two CICs closed last night.However, the first time I did it, I was transferring from my Freedom to his CSR. Now, when I go into my account, I can transfer to any of my cards or to his CSR. And, he can transfer to any of his cards or to my Freedom.

Does she have a personal card that you can use just to create the connection (and then you should be able to do the transfers yourself online)?

"On August 01, 2024, our schedule will open for sale through April 07, 2025. (Date is subject to change)."

3+ months is a long time to wait for them to extend the schedule just another 30ish days. Yeesh!
Agree it’s odd …..
but I feel like it’s unusual for SW to have their schedule open 11 months in advance…nothing scientific but we fly them a lot ISP-MCO and I just feel like it’s usually not open that far in advance….could be wrong though🤪

Last edited:
Hi all! Long time no post...I see some new usernames in here as well as many familiar ones. I dropped out of churning when my husband got laid off and I had a baby in quick succession, and just needed some time away from thinking about MSRs and such. I think that was all a couple threads ago. I'm back now because I'm planning my first return trip to a Disney park in 4 1/2 years and I need some help figuring out redemption strategies!

My best friend and I plan to take my toddler to Disneyland for 3 nights in July. I have 49K UR points to play with. I have specific United flights I want to take, which would require 57,000 United miles (I currently have zero), or $550 cash. I have narrowed our options down to two hotels across the street from Disneyland - the Fairfield Marriott Anaheim, booked on points through the CSP portal, or a cash rate at the Anaheim Desert Inn.

What do you think is the better/wiser use of these two redemption options?

Option 1 - Use all my URs to book the nonrefundable Marriott through the portal + the $50 CSP hotel credit for a cash cost of $50. Pay cash for my and my son's nonrefundable flights. Total OOP expense: $600

Option 2 - Transfer all my URs to United and buy the last 8000 miles to book our flights on points - est. $260. Split the cash cost of the Anaheim Desert Inn room (free cancellation) with my friend - $348. Total OOP expense: est $608.

Option 1 gets us a slightly nicer hotel, is a 1.25 cpp redemption rate, and I'd like to treat my friend (and TBH I'm not sure if the $348 for the other hotel is in her budget - I need to talk with her about it, which is one reason I wanted to get some input on my options here). But I think Option 2 would be more flexible in case something, like a sick toddler, means we can't go at the last minute.

I never fly United so I'm not sure about all their policies regarding rewards redemptions. Hoping one of the brilliant minds here can chime in with some feedback!

Yesterday Southwest announced that they are pulling out of our regional airport completely.

Glad I never bothered to get a Southwest credit card.
Jet Blue did that to me during the Pandemic. I still have over 60,000 miles that I can’t use. I even moved to another state and still can’t use them. 😡 Thankfully SWA is still here. I wish I could find a use for the JB miles…

"On August 01, 2024, our schedule will open for sale through April 07, 2025. (Date is subject to change)."

3+ months is a long time to wait for them to extend the schedule just another 30ish days. Yeesh!

Agree it’s odd …..
but I feel like it’s unusual for SW to have their schedule open 11 months in advance…nothing scientific but we fly them a lot ISP-MCO and I just feel like it’s usually not open that far in advance….could be wrong though🤪
I'm very surprised their schedule is open 11 months out. From my recollection, that was usually a differentiator between Southwest and the legacy carriers - they usually only had a ~6 month schedule which seemed to make their schedule more fixed. I rarely experienced significant changes between release and flight. Contrast that with the big domestic lines and whole routes could disappear a few months before your flight. (Just happened to us on AA but worked in our favor going from a connecting to a non-stop so I didn't complain much.)

Downside to scheduling 6 months after everyone else, was gambling on SW pricing being reasonable. I recall a lot of complaints that the "low cost carrier" was higher than other carriers opening fare buckets. However, mostly they still beat out current fares without baggage fees. But not always. I priced out our trip to Miami in Dec when they opened up and they were priced about the same as AA. (Although with a CP that would tip it still to SW for us.) So this is an interesting change. I'm curious how it works out for them, with the scheduling and fare buckets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter