• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

I see a lot of you talking about trip insurance. We’ve never used it before even when we went to Japan last time but I’m thinking we might want it now that we have ds. Should we get it for our trip to Toronto too or just Japan?

About to book an ABD trip -- any one know if it would get coded as Travel for using the Costco Visa card (3%)? Or would it get coded as Entertainment if we use Capital One Savor (then we get 4%)?

Just trying to decide between those two cards (if those don't then we'll default to Chase Double Cash).

Thank you!

I see a lot of you talking about trip insurance. We’ve never used it before even when we went to Japan last time but I’m thinking we might want it now that we have ds. Should we get it for our trip to Toronto too or just Japan?
I get insurance for the medical coverage since I am not covered out of the country. I actually under insure the total trip cost and buy atleast $500,000 in primary medical coverage. I've already spent the money on the trip itself. I would not be happy to loose my trip costs, but medical emergency costs could pile up fast.

Maybe not the best strategy for everyone, but it is what I do.

About to book an ABD trip -- any one know if it would get coded as Travel for using the Costco Visa card (3%)? Or would it get coded as Entertainment if we use Capital One Savor (then we get 4%)?

Just trying to decide between those two cards (if those don't then we'll default to Chase Double Cash).

Thank you!
I don’t know the answer, but have you looked into booking through Costco? We did that for our last ABD trip and got a Costco cash card for like $1500 when we got home. When you call the the number on the Costco Travel website, you get an actual ABD agent, so someone knowledgeable about the product. Might be worth looking into!

Planning a Disney World trip in spring 2024... our girls have Good Friday off and the following Monday, thinking about going Friday 4/5-4/9 (park days) how crazy busy is it? Other option would be the first full week in May (which will probably be less busy except for they would miss 5 days of school versus the 2 if we go in April.

Planning a Disney World trip in spring 2024... our girls have Good Friday off and the following Monday, thinking about going Friday 4/5-4/9 (park days) how crazy busy is it? Other option would be the first full week in May (which will probably be less busy except for they would miss 5 days of school versus the 2 if we go in April.
So you are looking at the weekend after Easter (March 31) next year? Probably still pretty busy but maybe less than Easter itself. Should be thinning our some by Sunday. If you mean Easter weekend, crazy.

So you are looking at the weekend after Easter (March 31) next year? Probably still pretty busy but maybe less than Easter itself. Should be thinning our some by Sunday. If you mean Easter weekend, crazy.

I was looking at the park availability calendar for May and noticed that this week MK is sold out Mon-Thu and HS is sold out Tue-Wed. I'm sure it depends on when easter is vs when schools schedule their spring breaks.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/a...kets,resort,passholder&defaultSegment=tickets

Thanks. I’ll try on citizens. I know for some reason my account didn’t close until I called. Maybe a glitch.
I did have to follow up and request they close it a second time. I think because some interest posted after I transfered everything out.
Do you happen to remember how to SM with PNC? I have two accounts I would like to close but I haven't found that option.
I do not as it's been almost a year. I just know I've never called to close an account haha.

For 2023:
Easter was on April 9.
Genie+ sold out by 10:00 am on the Monday, Tuesday, Wed and Thurs before Easter, which were 04/03, 04/04, 04/05 and 04/06.
Genie+ was $35 per person on 04/04, which was its highest price ever.
But I haven't read on Twitter about it being sold out after that.

For 2024:
Good Friday is March 29 and Easter is March 31.
So are you thinking of going when your kids have off from school? That would be March 29, March 30, March 31 and April 1.
April 5 to April 9 would be Tuesday to Saturday.

My only AMEX is a Platinum and I am looking to add to my MR's for future trips. I am working on supporting DD and DH to get their own AMEX cards. I saw a post with a SUB of 90K MR's for an AMEX Biz Gold or hopefully DD or DH could support me for an AMEX Gold with the 90K SUB. I am trying to decide which would be the best SUB based on the MR's: AMEX Biz Gold or AMEX Gold. Does a SUB of 90K appear more frequently for one of these cards than the other or does one ever go higher?

If I get the AMEX Gold I would be 3/24 and I could also get another INK in May. If I get the AMEX Biz Gold I would need to wait until July to get another INK to make sure I am able to meet the spend on both cards. I am looking for opinions on when AMEX Gold would be the best choice. Thank you.

How old are your kids? And how would they feel about missing school?

One of mine was anxious about missing school so we factored that into plans like this. But if they are okay with it, I say go for the less crowded time.

My only AMEX is a Platinum and I am looking to add to my MR's for future trips. I am working on supporting DD and DH to get their own AMEX cards. I saw a post with a SUB of 90K MR's for an AMEX Biz Gold or hopefully DD or DH could support me for an AMEX Gold with the 90K SUB. I am trying to decide which would be the best SUB based on the MR's: AMEX Biz Gold or AMEX Gold. Does a SUB of 90K appear more frequently for one of these cards than the other or does one ever go higher?

If I get the AMEX Gold I would be 3/24 and I could also get another INK in May. If I get the AMEX Biz Gold I would need to wait until July to get another INK to make sure I am able to meet the spend on both cards. I am looking for opinions on when AMEX Gold would be the best choice. Thank you.
I’m currently seeing 130k MR Biz Gold from my support link. So I would be looking for that offer with different browsers, incognito, etc. The 90k personal Gold is a solid offer, and if it only puts you at 3/24 I personally would snap it up. Lower spend requirements and more useful card benefits in my opinion. Plus if you’re going to use it for mostly 4x groceries that’s still a nice haul of points for a slightly less AF than the Biz. And if you can get another Ink, that’s great!

the annual rate was like 2-3 trips worth of individual insurance that I posted earlier, I'm not a salesman for them I sware, I also don't know how good it is I went based on Reddit. It could be all bots posting but it seemed good on the surface.

Does anyone know how to change the order in which your chase cards are displayed? I have two SW cards that are closed, but still showing in my accounts and my newest card is after them. I'd like to move things around, but can't figure out how.

Does anyone know how to change the order in which your chase cards are displayed? I have two SW cards that are closed, but still showing in my accounts and my newest card is after them. I'd like to move things around, but can't figure out how.
There’s an option to hide closed accounts. In the app you go to settings and then account settings. You’ll see the option to hide closed accounts. If you still just want to reorganize them, click on the 3 dots in the app and it gives you the option to reorganize the order of your cards.

Good Morning All!

I'm looking into the Discover It Cash Back Credit Card to try and maximize the 5% earnings per quarter on the spending categories. All I can see on the website is that it's 5% cash back on restaurants & wholesale clubs this quarter. I'm just wondering what the other quarters might possibly be, or what they have been in the past. If gas or grocery stores ever come up in a quarter, it might be worth me applying for the new card.

Thanks in advance for all the advice/help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter