I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

@becauseimnew Are you still planning your safari vacation? I friend just got back from South Africa and her photos are amazing. My interest is definitely piqued. I'd love to hear more about from anyone who has done a safari trip.
I wanted to come back and say that Qatar has opened up availability, just out of curiosity I looked and there are 4 J seat via AA ORD to JNB on 4/2/24. Might have to reconsider if Qatar continues to release seats.

I think it might be random. I don’t carry balances, or have high balances reported to credit agencies. I did have other Capital One Cards when I was approved for Venture X 1.5 years ago.

There must be some sort of algorithm. We just don't know what it is. Maybe if inquiries/new accounts are low, then balances don't matter. But who knows.

I was approved when I first started this hobby, denied later on. Seems it's pretty good at weeding out churners lol.

Still nothing! I called Chase and she confirmed that I qualified for the bonus but that it could take up to 15 business days to credit. (Which, not for nothing, I read the email 3 times, I just says 15 days) and that I need to wait until Monday and it'll be there. Very annoying to hear other folks with much later dates already getting their money, but at least she confirmed that she sees me qualifying...
Well we know it's not happening on Monday :laughing: But that sucks you somehow aren't getting picked up by the automated system. Maybe next Chase Day is the lucky Tuesday 🤞

And yeah they have a bad habit of saying "days" to mean "business days". (Or they just CYA by saying it ALOT) But if it doesn't post automatically I'm sure they'll get it done somehow. You qualified which was the big hurdle.

Elevated Hilton offers that includes a free night on the no fee, Surpass, and biz. DoC link goes to all offers. Doesn't seem available via support.

Approved for the Surpass even though I've gotten pop-up on it before.

Haven't had the no af yet. This may be good with the fnc I could combine with the one from my aspire. Not sure where I'll use them but easier to use 2 than 1 for a weekend. Still have the other 3 open but the biz or surpass is next to go.

Discover cash back win… have been saving it (the torts year double bonus too) to buy MNSSHP tickets (through UT). I have enough now to buy them at no cost to me! 🎃 👻

Nice - free stuff always good. :thumbsup2

On the subject of Discover, I recently called to cancel my card as I hardly use it these days and they offered me a bonus 3% cashback on my next $1500 of spend - so 4% on everything and 8% on quarterly category spend. So I guess I'll be keeping it a little while longer.

For those who have recently received their Chase Bank Checking/Savings bonuses, are there any great places or strategies to move the funds? My notes say to avoid fees, I have to keep a monthly DD of > $500 and set up an auto transfer of $25 each month to Savings. Also must keep all accounts open 6 months but I plan to keep them open longer - at least one year. I have other older accounts I need to close first. For some reason, I keep procrastinating on that.

I've been trying to chat to close an American Express card, I got someone who said they would transfer me, but then no one ever came back on. I've tried a few more times on different days and no one ever responds. Anyone ever have this happen?

Just saw this on DOC:

Chase Marriott Bonvoy Boundless FIVE Free Night Certificates (Up To 50,000 Points Each) Bonus

Ha, I thought I was special! I got an email with this offer this morning. :) Really considering going for it, I was waiting for the 3 month mark to apply for this when it got pulled a few weeks ago, so I went for the AA Citi card instead. Not sure I can meet the MSR on both, but possibly. It would also put me at 5/25 till Oct, which might be ok if I can get DH to go for a new card in Sept to tide us over.

If I did go for this card, I think the comments previously were that the FNC's post pretty quickly, is that right? I was planning on booking a Nov stay at the Swan using points for SUBs that my mom and I will be getting at the end of this month, but if I did go for the 5 night offer, I think I could use those instead, and save the points for fall 2024, assuming I got the certs soon enough. It's making me nervous that we haven't booked yet.

Good (Thursday) morning from the land of the rising sun! Nothing like being awoken on your first night at 4:15am by an earthquake… 5.2 in Chiba I guess it was (technically where Disney is). Couldn’t go back to sleep after the experience of the whole hotel shaking us awake and the emergency alerts going off! Somehow, I must’ve skipped over the knowledge of earthquakes being a common thing in Japan… what a memorable first morning for sure. My jet lag is terrible.
Just coming to say thanks to this sub for actually being able to get to Japan (something that we thought was a pure unattainable dream) on points!

Ha, I thought I was special! I got an email with this offer this morning. :) Really considering going for it, I was waiting for the 3 month mark to apply for this when it got pulled a few weeks ago, so I went for the AA Citi card instead. Not sure I can meet the MSR on both, but possibly. It would also put me at 5/25 till Oct, which might be ok if I can get DH to go for a new card in Sept to tide us over.

If I did go for this card, I think the comments previously were that the FNC's post pretty quickly, is that right? I was planning on booking a Nov stay at the Swan using points for SUBs that my mom and I will be getting at the end of this month, but if I did go for the 5 night offer, I think I could use those instead, and save the points for fall 2024, assuming I got the certs soon enough. It's making me nervous that we haven't booked yet.
I hope this offer sticks around a while. I have a current chase Marriott that the FN cert is due June 1, I would like to cancel after that and reapply with the bonus (guess I have to wait maybe 30 days?). DH did the 5 FN certs offer a few years ago. They did post pretty quickly after he hit the spend. We used them at the Swan.
Not sure what SUBs you are getting at the end of the month, Marriott has some complicated rules about card bonuses and what other Marriott cards you can have. I have had an Amex Business Marriott for a couple of years and have had my current Boundless for 5, so it looks like I can reapply

I hope this offer sticks around a while. I have a current chase Marriott that the FN cert is due June 1, I would like to cancel after that and reapply with the bonus (guess I have to wait maybe 30 days?). DH did the 5 FN certs offer a few years ago. They did post pretty quickly after he hit the spend. We used them at the Swan.
Not sure what SUBs you are getting at the end of the month, Marriott has some complicated rules about card bonuses and what other Marriott cards you can have. I have had an Amex Business Marriott for a couple of years and have had my current Boundless for 5, so it looks like I can reapply

Fingers crossed for you! I should have said my DS24 is getting ready to have a SUB post, so I should be good to go on that front. Thanks for the heads up though!

DW has an AMEX personal gold that we will likely cancel this month. Can she apply for the business gold? I tried but I’m in AMEX jail. We have tuition payments in June and I’m trying to get a large bonus that I normally couldn’t make. The other option would be the CIP if she can’t get the business gold.

Elevated Hilton offers that includes a free night on the no fee, Surpass, and biz. DoC link goes to all offers. Doesn't seem available via support.

Approved for the Surpass even though I've gotten pop-up on it before.
Nice!
I think I'm going to try to apply for the Biz card and see what happens, I got the SUB 5 years ago.
DW has an AMEX personal gold that we will likely cancel this month. Can she apply for the business gold? I tried but I’m in AMEX jail. We have tuition payments in June and I’m trying to get a large bonus that I normally couldn’t make. The other option would be the CIP if she can’t get the business gold.
yes.

I am confused on the rules. Since I currently have an Amex Business Marriott (the old SPG biz), I thought I had to close it first before I could apply for this Chase Marriott Boundless. Maybe not?

I've been trying to chat to close an American Express card, I got someone who said they would transfer me, but then no one ever came back on. I've tried a few more times on different days and no one ever responds. Anyone ever have this happen?

When did you chat? I think business retention is only open during regular business hours (Eastern time?).

I've had chat be glitchy before, though not recently.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter