I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

I know this post is a bit old, but DH and I did a Hilton timeshare presentation today and we have been debating the ethics of taking advantage of the offer (for us, it was a stay plus a lot of Hilton points) when we were 110% sure that we were not going to purchase (at least not on the spot). For the record: both of us are conflicted, and we did in the end not purchase anything. What's perhaps interesting is that we did learn a few things about the Hilton timeshare that made us slightly more likely to consider a purchase in the future, but we also felt that the people we dealt with today were kind of underhanded and manipulative. Also, by the second "this offer is only good while you are here," I was feeling somewhat less conflicted--if it's really a good or even decent deal, let me go home and think about it.
Agree with you they are high pressure, the way the manager comes in etc, it’s one of the reasons my son hated working there. Totally different from when we bought Disney Vacation Club in 2001, you could go home and think about it.

I just used 3 of my Marriott FNC to book the Renaissance Aix en Provence for next summer. I had to buy 5000 points for $62.50. I plan to use my last 2 for Paris but I haven't decided on which hotel to book.
I have stayed at the Westin Paris Vendome twice while in Paris. Very nice hotel.

Update on buying the Hilton gc with my Surpass. Bought on the 14th and it fully says gift card on what was bought. Credited today, so 8 days. But all the Amex credits have take. 6 to 8 days for me recently.

Now with it clearly in the charge line I don't know if they'll figure it out and claw it back later or not, so as with everything it's very ymmv.

Update on buying the Hilton gc with my Surpass. Bought on the 14th and it fully says gift card on what was bought. Credited today, so 8 days. But all the Amex credits have take. 6 to 8 days for me recently.

Now with it clearly in the charge line I don't know if they'll figure it out and claw it back later or not, so as with everything it's very ymmv.
still waiting on mine. I've received the card, it's been 10 days

Happy Turkey Day all...

Trying to plan a quickie trip w/ the BF since he's off between Nov 28 - Dec 9th. Direct flights and the desire to be cheap has us looking at Cancun (would be my 4th trip) or Vegas (would be my 6th trip and I was there last week, LOL). I want Cancun, sunshine, and beach. He wants Vegas. My 5 FNC haven't posted yet from Marriott. And the reason we held off on me getting them was so we could have more time to use them. If we did Vegas it would be 2 nights. We'd either try to use the Oceans Prime FNC at Resorts World. Or I have the 2 "any time" nights at Nobu to use. If we did Mexico, it would be 3 nights. Our options would be using our FNC from Hilton (and/or points), or Hyatt (via URs).

I just can't make up my mind. He's suggesting Mexico at a different time so we could go longer. But we're in the thick of Michigan winter which means no sunshine.....I just can't decide. UGH. Such first world problems, I know, LOL.

Happy Turkey Day all...

Trying to plan a quickie trip w/ the BF since he's off between Nov 28 - Dec 9th. Direct flights and the desire to be cheap has us looking at Cancun (would be my 4th trip) or Vegas (would be my 6th trip and I was there last week, LOL). I want Cancun, sunshine, and beach. He wants Vegas. My 5 FNC haven't posted yet from Marriott. And the reason we held off on me getting them was so we could have more time to use them. If we did Vegas it would be 2 nights. We'd either try to use the Oceans Prime FNC at Resorts World. Or I have the 2 "any time" nights at Nobu to use. If we did Mexico, it would be 3 nights. Our options would be using our FNC from Hilton (and/or points), or Hyatt (via URs).

I just can't make up my mind. He's suggesting Mexico at a different time so we could go longer. But we're in the thick of Michigan winter which means no sunshine.....I just can't decide. UGH. Such first world problems, I know, LOL.

Has he been to Mexico or Vegas?

Oh that's good to know, because the first cruises I looked at (Carnival) all sail out of Miami.

How do you get from the airport in Ft Lauderdale to the cruise terminal in Miami? Uber?

The ones I was looking at seem to leave out of Miami (Carnival).
I’m sure Uber would work, but we took a cab from Port of Miami to Fort Lauderdale airport. I think it was about $80, and the ride took about a half hour during morning rush hour.

fyi Bombas 25% off, plus 15% shopping portal, 15% off amex offer

pricey but I have never found a more comfortable sock. slowly replacing everything I own!
The only socks I wear! Pricey but they do last for years. I recently restocked on a few pairs - after several years of not needing to buy socks. Got the amex offer and shopping portal a few weeks ago. Don't remember if they were on sale - think they were.

Has anyone used and received the Amex Uber offer/credit? How long did it take for the credit?

I used mine for Uber Eats and it's been almost a week. I did get the email so I guess it'll show up at some point.

Also -- I don't see how people use Uber Eats or that ilk very often...it's SO expensive! It a great option to easily get food if you're unable or really don't want to go out, but boy it's expensive.

Has anyone used and received the Amex Uber offer/credit? How long did it take for the credit?

I used mine for Uber Eats and it's been almost a week. I did get the email so I guess it'll show up at some point.

Also -- I don't see how people use Uber Eats or that ilk very often...it's SO expensive! It a great option to easily get food if you're unable or really don't want to go out, but boy it's expensive.
I used it last Friday and just saw it credit today. And I only use Uber Eats for pick up because of my Platinum credit. Although I use it often at a Thai place and the markup doesn't seem too high.

I used it last Friday and just saw it credit today. And I only use Uber Eats for pick up because of my Platinum credit. Although I use it often at a Thai place and the markup doesn't seem too high.

Same. I was actually more shocked at the prices of the new shake shack than I am when I order for pu with one of the food apps.

I was surprised to learn work uses door dash a lot when I asked about ordering lunch for a meeting, something I never do. But it worked out well and I was able to order Mexican from a place I knew we all liked. I also got the points and will be reimbursed well before my card is due.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter