I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

If you use the CSP, you will have some insurance. I'd probably recommend buying insurance separately but CSP insurance may be sufficient for you. I always worry about medical evacuation on a cruise because it is $$$$$. I think the CSP covers $100k for evacuation but I would double check that.
Thanks—I was thinking I should use that one but wasn’t sure

I’m sorry I keep asking I just can’t figure this out. This is the offers I’ve selected on my chase card I’ve used the Best Buy offer on gift cards do those not count? There is nothing under redeemed. Same thing with shop Disney on another card. I show. A $5 credit from Disney on my statement but the offer is under added. I used it to max cash back of $5. I’m so confused—help!

F5FCC958-5A6D-464C-AF63-ABDFA6C616DA.jpeg

I’m sorry I keep asking I just can’t figure this out. This is the offers I’ve selected on my chase card I’ve used the Best Buy offer on gift cards do those not count? There is nothing under redeemed. Same thing with shop Disney on another card. I show. A $5 credit from Disney on my statement but the offer is under added. I used it to max cash back of $5. I’m so confused—help!

View attachment 737682
If you see the statement credit then it's been successfully redeemed, you should also get an email notification that you've successfully redeemed an offer and it will tell you which. But it takes a while before they move over to Redeemed which can be a real pain when tracking them.

Well I took the plunge and maybe Amex officially is done hating me (for now). I did hear a rumor that getting a Biz card (like gold or plat) might take me out of other biz pop-ups. I had gotten the "you're approved" for the gold biz back in the fall and then used that link (and then hated myself for doing it when I saw the plat biz offer). Anyways, I finally can cross the Delta Plat Biz off my list of cards I want. Now to complete the $4k spend. Seeing that we're going to Ireland next month and the card has no foreign transaction fees, I think I'll be okay, LOL.

Has anyone gotten the letter from Chase for rental car coverage internationally? Just wondering how you do it. I need to do that after the 15th since it needs to be dated less than 30 days out.

Random question- my 1:45 pm flight home from Panamá (to MCO via MIA) is 30 min to 1 hr delayed. They’re asking for volunteers in the app. $300-675 (I would pick $675) for a 4pm flight. Would get me home about 2 hours later than scheduled (I had a stupid long layover in MIA) At what point do we think they might raise the offer? Should I wait a bit before picking? I won’t be broken hearted if I lose out but if I take it I’d like to get the most possible.
Granted I did this year ago w/ Delta. But you always put the lowest level. Or so I read. You don't have to accept their offer. Traveling solo gets you the best bet. It's easier to book a single person than a party of 4. Or 4 single travels vs a family of 4. I think when I did the offer it started at $250, and you put in your "offer". I ended up getting $1000. And delta lets you choose. I picked the Amex gift card.

FTR, I've seen them ask on a LOT of my flights. But I don't think they have to go to those measures too often. Now that I fly standby, you'd be shocked how many people don't make a flight! I've needed 17 people to not show up before. The flight was oversold by like 5 and there were 12 people listed standby ahead of me (many of those passengers bumped from other flights) and I've gotten on!

View attachment 737682
I'd stop worrying about it. Mine rarely show in Redeemed, I don't think it's very accurate. My offers usually just disappear a while after I've redeemed them. Take a screen shot of the offer when you redeem it in case it doesn't post.

New Amex offer (on my CS Platinum). $20 off YouTube TV up to 3x. Of course I just bought a Google Play gift card yesterday.
Thank you!! Found it on at least two cards, 3x each, good through August. Heck yes, I will save another $120 on my TV. The funny part is, I literally just changed my billing card an hour ago, after the last discounts on the Chase cards.

lol what is honeymoon hacking?
Used sign up bonuses from credit cards since we were spending more than usual on a wedding, and using those points to travel we so far ended up actually spending only about a quarter of what our honeymoon is worth (used points for flights, hotels). But we didn’t need to use all our Cap One points, so hope to use some of them to decrease the cost of a DVC points rental for a family vacation coming up next year.

Finished up my CIC MSR at Staples. Converted $1000 to MOs. Deposited those with Capital One. Hoping for at least three more trips this week.
I've done this, too, but have to talk to a clerk to get the MOs which is a pain. I use Walmart but haven't tried Food Lion. Are there ATMs at Food Lion that you can use to purchase MOs?

I really wish one could combine VGCs to streamline getting MOs!

Just got approved for the AmEx Plat with 150k SUB and am looking onto the FHR program. Has anyone done this at the Swan/Dolphin? Right now the FHR booking is about $200 more than my AP rate later this month so that credit would be a wash, but the $100 resort credit, possible room upgrade, and 4pm guaranteed checkout would be appreciated. But I know people have poor luck with upgrades at the S/D even with Marriott status so not sure if the FHR program is any different. May post on the S/D board too but thought I'd check here first. I was surprised to be approved since the only other AmEx I have is Delta gold and I haven't been using that too much in the past year.

I've done this, too, but have to talk to a clerk to get the MOs which is a pain. I use Walmart but haven't tried Food Lion. Are there ATMs at Food Lion that you can use to purchase MOs?

I really wish one could combine VGCs to streamline getting MOs!
No I have to talk to people at Food Lion (which I hate) to buy the money orders.

Personal Amex Plat retention offer DP: $3K spend for 30K MR. This was DH's card. We decided to take it as we anticipate to use the coupon-book benefits this year and double dip again early next year 😂. But I'm a little sad that it wasn't as good at my retention offer last year (55K MR for $4K). Oh well, better than nothing.

Just got approved for the AmEx Plat with 150k SUB and am looking onto the FHR program. Has anyone done this at the Swan/Dolphin? Right now the FHR booking is about $200 more than my AP rate later this month so that credit would be a wash, but the $100 resort credit, possible room upgrade, and 4pm guaranteed checkout would be appreciated. But I know people have poor luck with upgrades at the S/D even with Marriott status so not sure if the FHR program is any different. May post on the S/D board too but thought I'd check here first. I was surprised to be approved since the only other AmEx I have is Delta gold and I haven't been using that too much in the past year.
Just a head's up...the FHR does NOT include Swan/Dolphin. The Hotel Collection DOES but you must book for a minimum of TWO nights, not one. SO MANY people don't read the fine print and are disappointed when they don't receive their FHR benefits or the $200 credit...don't be disappointed. If you're staying longer than 1 night then, great-ignore the above 🤣

I've found in the Orlando area the FHR benefit to be most worthwhile at Universal's Portofino Bay resort which IS a FHR or Sapphire Falls which is a THC in the off season. Just my $0.02.

Just a head's up...the FHR does NOT include Swan/Dolphin. The Hotel Collection DOES but you must book for a minimum of TWO nights, not one. SO MANY people don't read the fine print and are disappointed when they don't receive their FHR benefits or the $200 credit...don't be disappointed. I've found in the Orlando area the FHR benefit to be most worthwhile at Universal's Portofino Bay resort which IS a FHR or Sapphire Falls which is a THC in the off season. Just my $0.02.
Thank you! I was seeing that pop up when using the search bar a bit more, luckily my stay is three nights so I think I should be all set if I go that route. I definitely need to read up more on the exact terms since it's a bit confusing which benefits go with what. That is great advice on Portofino...we have not stayed deluxe (or whatever it's called) at Universal yet but once Epic Universe opens I think it's time for a trip back and I definitely want EPs.

Just a head's up...the FHR does NOT include Swan/Dolphin. The Hotel Collection DOES but you must book for a minimum of TWO nights, not one. SO MANY people don't read the fine print and are disappointed when they don't receive their FHR benefits or the $200 credit...don't be disappointed. I've found in the Orlando area the FHR benefit to be most worthwhile at Universal's Portofino Bay resort which IS a FHR or Sapphire Falls which is a THC in the off season. Just my $0.02.
I second the Portofino Bay resort idea. We've now stayed there twice, just for one night each time, and the benefits are great. Last time was just this past Saturday night! The room was under $600, under $400 after the Amex credit. Then you get $100 to spend on food, and they have some good choices. The quick serve restaurant is pretty good. We use it in combination of the quick serve for lunch and room service at night. Free breakfast for 2 in one of the restaurants, choice of buffet or a la cart.

The best part is the included express pass to UO parks. If staying only one night, that included check-in and check-out days; that alone is worth the $400. We don't like Universal nearly as much as WDW but like to pop in every few years. With the express pass in low season you can do everything in one day and then the next day repeat what you liked most before the 4 pm check-out. Also, the staff and service are pretty good. Overall, a good experience and really great value.

Thank you! I was seeing that pop up when using the search bar a bit more, luckily my stay is three nights so I think I should be all set if I go that route. I definitely need to read up more on the exact terms since it's a bit confusing which benefits go with what. That is great advice on Portofino...we have not stayed deluxe (or whatever it's called) at Universal yet but once Epic Universe opens I think it's time for a trip back and I definitely want EPs.

Since your stay is 3 nights, you can also compare doing 2 nights with the Amex benefit and 1 night with your AP rate. Maybe the price difference will be a little less that way.

When you search for the Swan, for example, it will show you this. It's part of the Hotel Collection. You'll get the credit and upgrade if available; you don't get breakfast, late checkout, etc. I recall when staying at The Dolphin that the credit was good towards food & beverage, but when I asked if it was good towards the resort fee, was told no. However, I noted the credit posted right away against the portfolio, so it may have cover any room charges. YMMV.

1675716855625.png

If you use the CSP, you will have some insurance. I'd probably recommend buying insurance separately but CSP insurance may be sufficient for you. I always worry about medical evacuation on a cruise because it is $$$$$. I think the CSP covers $100k for evacuation but I would double check that.

CSR has medical evacuation, but not CSP.

Amex Platinum also has medical evacuation, no limit and you don't need to charge the trip to the card. Just learned today that it's on the Hilton Aspire and Bonvoy Brilliant too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter