I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

I just closed an amex biz plat a couple days ago. The AF was billed last month and I was waiting until the last minute to cancel in time to have the AF refunded because I was waiting for my Dell purchase to credit. Well, it was the last day I could cancel and the Dell credit hadn't come through yet so I chatted to cancel the account anyway, because I knew I didn't want another year for $695. Maybe this is already known, but the day after the account was closed the $200 credit was posted to the account which I thought was interesting and I wasn't expecting. So now I have a credit balance equal to the AF and the $200 credit. Anyone know what happens now? Will they issue a check automatically at some point, or do I need to contact them about it? I hate to have eyes on the account because of other accounts that I have.
Under Account Services, select Disputes and follow the prompts for credit balance. I know you can move the balance to another card, I believe you can also request a check.

I just closed an amex biz plat a couple days ago. The AF was billed last month and I was waiting until the last minute to cancel in time to have the AF refunded because I was waiting for my Dell purchase to credit. Well, it was the last day I could cancel and the Dell credit hadn't come through yet so I chatted to cancel the account anyway, because I knew I didn't want another year for $695. Maybe this is already known, but the day after the account was closed the $200 credit was posted to the account which I thought was interesting and I wasn't expecting. So now I have a credit balance equal to the AF and the $200 credit. Anyone know what happens now? Will they issue a check automatically at some point, or do I need to contact them about it? I hate to have eyes on the account because of other accounts that I have.
In my experience with credits on Cap One and AMEX cards I've called the number on the back of the card and they immediately sent a direct deposit for the total of the credit. They might refund it automatically since the account is closed but I would probably call so that it isn't left to chance.

Any recommendations for decent travel insurance for international travel? I would want it to cover flight cancellation due to family member's illness/death, and medical coverage should something arise overseas.

I will probably pay OOP for flights with the CSP if that makes any difference.

Mine posted 11 days after the direct deposit was made. It was a legit payroll deposit.
That is the big question - will they consider a monthly direct deposit from an annuity as legit. Can't move DH's pension easily, he's not taking SS yet. So far I've tried sending some investment income from Vanguard, and some 3rd party earnings through Paypal.

Under Account Services, select Disputes and follow the prompts for credit balance. I know you can move the balance to another card, I believe you can also request a check.

Unfortuntely, the dispute option for credit balances doesn't work once the card is closed. If you do nothing, Amex will mail a check in a couple months.

I had to close a biz plat recently before the Dell credit posted. Got the credit after the card was closed as well. I knew that was probably the case, but it was a little nerve racking. The key is that the order has been shipped and the charge posted. I've had it work for a mobile credit as well. It probably works for all credits, but I wouldn't recommend cutting it that close. :)

I did resubmit again. Also trying to TWEET with them... still waiting for someone to answer. Fingers Crossed.
THANK YOU for the suggestion! I just sent Caesars rewards a DM over Twitter. They confirmed that Windham has confirmed my diamond status, and claimed that my Caesars status would be updated by tomorrow, or I should send them another message.

I sent over $20,000 from my Ally online account to the Chase savings in one shot, then transferred $5000 from there to the checking account. The problem I am having is getting something to qualify as a direct deposit, some on here said they got immediate confirmation that they got the bonus for that; others have said it can take 15 days so I am not sure yet if my third try worked.

I think I may do that as well. After sending test deposits last night, I've already been able to verify my regular checking account (to send money to fifth third) and the chase saving account (so I can send the money from my fifth third account to the new chase account), so I'm going to test it with most of what's already sitting in my fifth third account.

That is the big question - will they consider a monthly direct deposit from an annuity as legit. Can't move DH's pension easily, he's not taking SS yet. So far I've tried sending some investment income from Vanguard, and some 3rd party earnings through Paypal.

Luckily it's super easy for me to change both of our DDs for account bonuses. I don't know if follow the comments on DOC, but a couple of people on there have said they sold a gift card on raise and the payment counted as a DD, so that might be another way to get something to work if you start to run out of options.

Luckily it's super easy for me to change both of our DDs for account bonuses. I don't know if follow the comments on DOC, but a couple of people on there have said they sold a gift card on raise and the payment counted as a DD, so that might be another way to get something to work if you start to run out of options.
Hadn't thought of Raise. Thanks, will keep it in mind if all else fails. To get both bonuses is worth another $700 over the savings account bonus, so even if I lose a little selling a gift card, would be worth it. I have always skipped the bonuses that require a DD but this one seemed too good to pass up. i actually had to order checks for the Chase checking account to send a voided one to the annuity company to switch accounts.

Speaking of the Chase Checking + Savings $900 bonus, once I satisfy one part of the bonus and have the $$ in the account, is there any reason to keep it in the account until the second part is satisfied?

In this case, I successfully set up a direct deposit and the $200 bonus is already in my Chase checking account. I'm wondering if I can move it now or if I have to wait for the savings bonus to post in order to get the full $900?

I'll start w/ these since I'm soooo many pages behind, LOL.

I'm excited for you!

If it's any consolation for your planning/lack of planning, I'm finding people say you don't want to 'overschedule' yourself when you are in Ireland because you might just find a place or a pub or whatever that you want to spend more time doing.

Now, that's causing me (chronic planner) a bit of a challenge because while that sounds lovely, I don't want to leave a place and then find out "you didn't go SEE ________?!?!".

I think I'm just going to think about this way for each area we're staying when we go in June. I'll have a few choices for if it's a glorious sunny day (lol), a few things if it's iffy weather, and at least something to do if it's a washout.

Of course, SOME things require reservations, so I have to figure that out too, lol.
I'm more a person who likes to have a few ideas...but I'm not a huge planner. So I'm just trying to get an idea of what she'd like to do, and my mom too. TBH, I think I can non-rev rather easily. So I'm sure we'll go back. And I'm planning on crap weather, LOL.

I've run into the same thing planning for Ireland in March. We only have a week and I really don't have much planned... just one tour so far. I'm trying not to panic. Lol
Ha! When are you there?

I have nothing planned for our trip in March, but I've been there 3 or 4 times before so other than the Book of Kells (again), there's nothing I "must" do. I approach my favorite cities in Europe (Edinburgh, Dublin, Budapest, and Prague) like I used to approach Disney World-I'm not killing myself to do everything in one trip, I'll be back 😂
Okay so apparently we're all gonna be there next month, LOL. When are you there?

I cancelled the Aspire in February, 2021 (which I regret). When my diamond status runs out in 2024 I'll probably sign dd up for the Aspire. I will get the Surpass at some point and hopefully an upgrade offer to the Aspire.
I've had the surpass since 2017 and NEVER gotten an upgrade offer :(

Any recommendations for stylish walking sandals/flip flops and sneakers. After walking this weekend at USO in my flip flops and Rothy’s sneakers and getting 3 blisters, I need better walking shoes for Europe.
SANUKS! I swear they are my go to! And I'm so sad the weather in Ireland won't let me wear them, LOL. I LIVE in flip flops. Gotta be the yoga mat ones though!

I'm so glad you posted this! I was just coming here to ask if anyone knows of an interesting 0% APR card..... they don't get as much discussion here, but I think I'd like one that does a set period at 0% this year...I went and checked the wells fargo offerings, it looks like they have a few to choose from....anything I need to know about a WF app? Active Cash or Autograph both look pretty decent..... advice? (not planning on going into debt at 0% here, just the right time in my life to try this option out)
Bank of America used to have the Bank Americard which was 0% and $0/0% on transfers too! That was my go to for balance transfers a few times.

OMG! I am out of AMEX pop-up denials!! Finally got approved for the AMEX Plat Biz Card. I kept seeing offers for 120,000 MR's but knew there were better ones. Had to pull up link incognito a bunch of times, but finally got one for 150,000 MR's. Wasn't expecting to actually be approved but I was...

So, Now I have to figure out all the benefits of this card. I just enrolled in the Dell credits. I still have to pick an airline for the Airline Credits - any suggestions here. Already get free bags with SW and Delta. Anything other big that I am missing? I have PP with Cap One - is this pretty much the same, since the Centurion Lounges don't count anymore.
YAY! I think I might be out of them too! I finally got approved for the Delta Plat Biz I had been trying to get for awhile.

Just booked flights ORD to EDI (through DUB)for September. There weren't any business seats on Aer Lingus available with Avios so I booked with UR. A little leary about booking through Chase but I wanted to use points if possible. We were able to get the business class lay flat seats as my DH required (not requested lol). I was not willing to pay the price for United's nonstop. Hopefully this won't come back to bite me.
This will be a big trip for our son's 30th Bday. DIL is the planner. Will be a large group of mostly their friends.
I've never been to Europe so a big new adventure!

Speaking of the Chase Checking + Savings $900 bonus, once I satisfy one part of the bonus and have the $$ in the account, is there any reason to keep it in the account until the second part is satisfied?

In this case, I successfully set up a direct deposit and the $200 bonus is already in my Chase checking account. I'm wondering if I can move it now or if I have to wait for the savings bonus to post in order to get the full $900?
As I read it, the accounts just have to still be open to get the full $900, and kept open for at least 6 months. There are some requirements to not pay monthly fees, but I intend to pull much of the large savings account $ out once I hit that bonus.

It just says 1) set up DD to get $300 checking bonus. 2) deposit $15,000 in new money in savings acct 3) maintain savings acct balance through (for me it's 4/16) to get $200 savings bonus, and 4) complete steps 1, 2, & 3 to get the extra $400.

THANK YOU for the suggestion! I just sent Caesars rewards a DM over Twitter. They confirmed that Windham has confirmed my diamond status, and claimed that my Caesars status would be updated by tomorrow, or I should send them another message.
@LynnTH - I just checked, and my status has been updated to Diamond!! Thanks again for the Twitter suggestion. Hope yours comes through too!!

I mentioned before that PNC said it is taking 4-5 weeks to send out new credit cards (yet somehow Chase sent mine in 2 days!). Just read an article in the Washington Post that chip shortages have been affecting new credit cards, with credit unions especially hard hit, taking up to 6 weeks to get new cards out.

From the article - Big institutions such as American Express, Chase and Discover told The Post they aren’t experiencing delays in their supply chain. Instead, experts say, it’s credit unions and regional banks that are hurting.

I mentioned before that PNC said it is taking 4-5 weeks to send out new credit cards (yet somehow Chase sent mine in 2 days!). Just read an article in the Washington Post that chip shortages have been affecting new credit cards, with credit unions especially hard hit, taking up to 6 weeks to get new cards out.

From the article - Big institutions such as American Express, Chase and Discover told The Post they aren’t experiencing delays in their supply chain. Instead, experts say, it’s credit unions and regional banks that are hurting.

That's interesting. My Fidelity ATM card from when I did the bonus took forever. I was going to take it to Japan as backup, but it didn't get here in time. I was wondering why it took so long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter