I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

For the caesar match people, can you do it IN vegas? I know MGM will match at the desk. I asked when my BF was getting his player's card there. I would think you possibly could, IDK. It's good to know it takes awhile. I wanna be at least 1/2 way into my MSR on the Amex card before I do the wyndham. But I'll be sure to give myself some time to get the match too!

I am intrigued ;)

I'm actually heading to Vegas at the end of the month and this status match seems doable. Do you know how picky Wyndham is on 'businesses'?
Barclay is a PITA to get approved I feel. My AAviator personal was easy peasy. My AAviator biz took like 7 tries before they were happy enough to allow me a $500 CL. The JB Biz they denied saying I had the card prior, I didn't. So when I called they gave me it.

DW and I booked a cruise with DCL for February 2024. Should we look at third party travel insurance or would paying for part of the trip with a CSR be enough coverage? If the CSR provides enough insurance should some thing happen how much needs to go on the card to be fully covered?

Got an email from Ally that my 1% cash bonus from last October's offer has posted to my account. I have moved a lot of the money out for other bank bonus deposits, but will keep it open because I had to link it to DH's new Chase savings since Chase wouldn't link to our regular checking (I suspect it may have been a PNC problem and not on Chase's end, but I'm not sure.) So if I want to pull money out of the Chase savings account, I will have to send to Ally and then to PNC. Sigh.

Got an email from Ally that my 1% cash bonus from last October's offer has posted to my account. I have moved a lot of the money out for other bank bonus deposits, but will keep it open because I had to link it to DH's new Chase savings since Chase wouldn't link to our regular checking (I suspect it may have been a PNC problem and not on Chase's end, but I'm not sure.) So if I want to pull money out of the Chase savings account, I will have to send to Ally and then to PNC. Sigh.
I got mine too, I got almost $200 more than I expected!! That was nice. It must have taken in some other deposits I had made.

DW and I booked a cruise with DCL for February 2024. Should we look at third party travel insurance or would paying for part of the trip with a CSR be enough coverage? If the CSR provides enough insurance should some thing happen how much needs to go on the card to be fully covered?
I’m going to former for a March 2024 Disney cruise. If I were traveling with someone elderly or with health issues I’d go third party but I’m personally comfortable with the car coverage. And last I heard it was any amount triggered coverage.

I’m going to former for a March 2024 Disney cruise. If I were traveling with someone elderly or with health issues I’d go third party but I’m personally comfortable with the car coverage. And last I heard it was any amount triggered coverage.
I'm going to PC my wife to the CSR so maybe I'll put $300 to trigger the credit and get something on the card. No health issues I mainly wanted it for reimbursement if something went wrong with the flights or the cruise itself.

If I'm flying in the day before the cruise I would be reluctant to rely on the CSR coverage. I might be ok with it if I'm in the area days before the cruise. We don't need medical since our insurance covers us outside the US. The CSR medical evacuation is only 100k, but now that I know the premium Amex cards has that, it's less of a concern.

The devil's in the details with travel insurance, so I'm always rereading the coverage with the specific trip in mind.

I have a SW personal card. Could I apply for another SW personal card to get the companion pass? Or would I have to cancel my current card and apply for a new card? Is that even possible? Thanks for any information!

We are flying home on Emirates from Milan Italy to JFK in June in Business class!

We need new luggage. Our tickets say 2 checked luggage per person up to 32 kg (70lbs) each.

There was NO mention of the luggage size for the checked in luggage.

I poked around the Emirates website and it states that flights to/from the US, the luggage size can not exceed 150 cm (59 inches).

While shopping for checked luggage, that rules out a LOT of the larger 29" checked luggage that range from 61-63".

We would have to go down to the 24-25" luggage size.

Anyone have experience on how strict Emirates is about the luggage size?

Thanks.

$30 Staples rewards in my Staples account.
For some reason my visa gc purchase from January 2023 counted towards earning rewards. I know for certain that has not happened in the past.
Weird. I do too. But I looked through my rewards history and don't see where I got the rewards. I wonder what I can actually buy at Staples (besides Visa gift cards).

I have a SW personal card. Could I apply for another SW personal card to get the companion pass? Or would I have to cancel my current card and apply for a new card? Is that even possible? Thanks for any information!
SW credit card rules are that you can only hold one personal at a time (except for an MDD). If you have held the card for more than a year, and you have applied for no more than four personal credit cards of any type during the last 24 months, then you can cancel you current SW card, wait 30 days (so that the system is clear you don’t have it anymore) and reapply for a SW personal. This assumes that the companion pass SUB offer lasts 30+ days.

So, I'm an idiot. I was using the wrong CIC somehow so for 2 of my Staples purchases this week I was already over the $25k in office supply spending limit. I guess I need to make two more trips with the correct card.
You've spent more than $25k at Staples? :O How?! (Feel free to PM if you don't feel like posting in public)

Just adding to what was already mentioned. Chase SW personal cards have a 24 month window. If you got your last SW bonus less than 24 months ago, you've got to wait to apply again.

Can y’all remind me…

I’ve got a SW biz card where the AF has hit, but the anniversary points haven’t posted yet. I seem to recall that I go ahead and pay the bill including the AF (which is due in 2 days), THEN the anniversary points should hit, THEN I should cancel the card, and the AF should be refunded? Have I got that straight? Mostly wanting to confirm that the AF will be refunded if I pay it and then cancel.

Question on the Dash Pass that comes with Chase cards. I have this benefit on 2 of my Chase cards, my daughter is a AU on one of them. She has been paying for a Dash Pass. I know authorized users can use the benefit, does she just need to select that CC as her primary payment on her account? She is an hour away at college so we don't share an account.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter