I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Help! Thinking of getting a new card. Looking at Wells Fargo Active Cash because of the 2%. Currently, have an old Chase Freedom, Disney Chase, and Alaska Airlines. (I pay off every month.)
Any opinions on the Wells Fargo one? Any better ones I should look at? Thanks!

Help! Thinking of getting a new card. Looking at Wells Fargo Active Cash because of the 2%. Currently, have an old Chase Freedom, Disney Chase, and Alaska Airlines. (I pay off every month.)
DH and I both have this card. I have been using the 15 month zero APR feature, and the 2% cash back is nice. We will probably keep at least one of them when the promo period is over for the 2% rewards. It doesn't have a huge intro offer, is it $200 credit? There are cards with better sign up bonuses. Just depends on what you are looking for.

2. Has anyone's Caesars Diamond match with Wyndham posted yet? Mine still shows gold. Matched on 2/1. I go to Vegas in 2 weeks so getting nervous.
Please post when your match goes through. I did the match last week and will be heading to Vegas at the end of the month, as well.

Hubby and I use this as our base card for spending that doesn't hit one of the higher categories we have on another card. It does the job. It's actually got a sign up bonus, which is better than other 2% cards out there, and it pulls from the same pool of offers as the Chase cards.

If you want a solid card to keep, this is a good one. If you're interested in playing the credit card game a bit more actively, chasing sign up bonuses and various spend categories, then there are other routes to take.

My annual fee hit on my CSR that I opened in 2017. I am thinking of doing a product change and applying again next month. However, I have a lot of Chase cards. Freedom, Freedom Unlimited, Amazon, Disney, Freedom Flex, CSR and 3 inks. Not sure what to even product change to. Should I just cancel a card somewhere?

DH and I both have this card. I have been using the 15 month zero APR feature, and the 2% cash back is nice. We will probably keep at least one of them when the promo period is over for the 2% rewards. It doesn't have a huge intro offer, is it $200 credit? There are cards with better sign up bonuses. Just depends on what you are looking for.
I'm so glad you posted this! I was just coming here to ask if anyone knows of an interesting 0% APR card..... they don't get as much discussion here, but I think I'd like one that does a set period at 0% this year...I went and checked the wells fargo offerings, it looks like they have a few to choose from....anything I need to know about a WF app? Active Cash or Autograph both look pretty decent..... advice? (not planning on going into debt at 0% here, just the right time in my life to try this option out)

I'm so glad you posted this! I was just coming here to ask if anyone knows of an interesting 0% APR card..... they don't get as much discussion here, but I think I'd like one that does a set period at 0% this year...I went and checked the wells fargo offerings, it looks like they have a few to choose from....anything I need to know about a WF app? Active Cash or Autograph both look pretty decent..... advice? (not planning on going into debt at 0% here, just the right time in my life to try this option out)
Not sure about the WF bonus but don’t forget the CIC/CIU have 0% for first year and the current high bonus.

Don't know anything about the Autograph, sorry. Maybe check out some of the websites that review them? Like CyndiLouWho said above, the Chase CIC and CIU both have 12 moths 0 APR also. I have used it some, I am careful to keep the balance below about 30-35% of the CL for utilization purposes. (WF gave us both $20,000 CL) As someone who has always paid my bills in full each month it is a weird feeling, I actually chatted with the WF folks to make sure all I had to do was pay the minimum amount required to avoid the interest!

If you want a solid card to keep, this is a good one. If you're interested in playing the credit card game a bit more actively, chasing sign up bonuses and various spend categories, then there are other routes to take.
I haven't decided if I should do the credit card game. I always forget to use the 5% categories on my Freedom card. :(

Please post when your match goes through. I did the match last week and will be heading to Vegas at the end of the month, as well.
Will do. I just sent an email to them also. Hoping that will help things along. Not sure if I can match when in Vegas or not.

Regarding getting a 0% promo cards. Please don't forget to check the cards you already have (
and maybe sock drawered). For the last 3 YEARS Discover has been giving me 12 months 0% on
new purchases. I use this only to max out the 5% categories each quarter. My citi had same offer
for 6 months. I'm using that for 5% paypal and when they offer 5% Sams Club. My BofA..same thing.

These are cards I had thought about closing but started looking at their offers on my acct more closely.
Good thing I did because the last several months I have bought 8K in Dis gift cards for upcoming cruises
and my budget is shot and a complete mess.o_O

*All are no AF.

Last edited:
Anyone have Chase cards that should have had the statement close within the past week and it hasn't? My current CIC is still showing a close date of 02/07 but the statement hasn't closed. It isn't a big deal I just find it odd.

Anyone have Chase cards that should have had the statement close within the past week and it hasn't? My current CIC is still showing a close date of 02/07 but the statement hasn't closed. It isn't a big deal I just find it odd.
To double check is 2/7 the close date or the payment due date ? On my app it shows the statement due date and for my CIC the close date is 6 days later

Nope, CIC closed Feb 9th as expected. My biz cards don't show a closing date, other than if I look at the dropdown and see when the last statement was. They only show next payment due date. My other card with a payment due on the 8th should be closing today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter