• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

We are going to Aulani in Nov. I am looking to book our Hawaiian airlines flights soon. I have enough Chase points to cover most of it. I’ve been seeing it mentioned on here that it’s a hassle booking flights with URs? If I pay most of the cost with URs and put a little bit on my CSR, is that covered with the travel protection?

I have no other points and since Im booking soon, no way to open new cards to earn more.
Flights are $866 each and I need 4, so I don’t really want to pay OOP when I have 230,000URs sitting there.
In my experience, it is not the booking that is a hassle. It's changes and cancellations that cause problems. I haven't booked a flight through the portal since we had several Covid cancellations which we did eventually get to re-use, but it was over an hour on the phone each time to rebook.

Others may chime in, but I think booking through the portal with UR's does give you the travel protection. From one online source (yeah, it's the points guy)-

If you find your trip canceled or interrupted for a covered reason, you’ll be eligible for reimbursement through Chase if either of the following is true:
  • Some portion of the cost has been charged to your Chase credit card.
  • You used Ultimate Rewards to pay for all or part of your trip.

Retention DP
Amex personal plat 30k/$3k/3mos
13 months ago I took 40k/$3k/3mos

I could have waited for a better offer, but I wanted to get the clock started. Plus I plan to cancel a bunch of biz greens and a biz plat in the next month or so and I wasn't sure how that might affect this retention offer.

Retention DP
Amex personal plat 30k/$3k/3mos
13 months ago I took 40k/$3k/3mos

I could have waited for a better offer, but I wanted to get the clock started. Plus I plan to cancel a bunch of biz greens and a biz plat in the next month or so and I wasn't sure how that might affect this retention offer.
I will be calling for my retention offer at the end of this month. Hoping for a similar offer. Thank you for sharing your DP :)

Just approved for a new CIU. I got the 7-10 day message then got an email saying it's approved.

Me too! So weird!

Waaaah!!! I got the dreaded Under Review message! :scared::crazy2:

It is OF COURSE for a legitimate corporate business with EIN, $$$$, and a banking and credit history with Chase.

But happy for you two though!!

I had to go ahead and apply on a Friday evening! :charac2:

Thanks for the heads up.

I wish I knew what to get though.

We have $400 worth of credits and can't find anything to buy.

I really struggled too. In the past I've purchased several Fitbits, Bose headphones, Nintendo Switch games, Instax cameras and Ring devices/accessories. I ended up with a Nest thermostat but still have credits to burn. I just bought a tax software and didn't think to get it from Dell. I do have a microsoft 365 subscription up for renewal soon, so maybe that?

I really struggled too. In the past I've purchased several Fitbits, Bose headphones, Nintendo Switch games, Instax cameras and Ring devices/accessories. I ended up with a Nest thermostat but still have credits to burn. I just bought a tax software and didn't think to get it from Dell. I do have a microsoft 365 subscription up for renewal soon, so maybe that?
I'm looking at some Adobe stuff. Already have a ring and a thermostat. Unfortunately they never seem to have the printer ink we need in stock. It's taking hours and I'm only up to around $200. DH says his time is worth more than this credit. :rotfl:

Thanks for the heads up.

I wish I knew what to get though.

We have $400 worth of credits and can't find anything to buy.
I’ve bought Bose noise cancelling headphones to use on flights. I’ve also bought Bose noise canceling ear buds to use when riding Tower of Terror ( only way I can do it ). Bought a camera once and several flat screen tv sets back when those were available. Bought a Nintendo Switch recently. On my next round I will probably buy more Bose noise cancelling earbuds and save them as Christmas or Birthday presents for some family members. Just a few ideas hope it helps :flower3:

Capital One is so weird to me.

On February 4 I got an email that said "congratulations on redeeming your IHG offer!" and I thought, that's bizarre because I don't remember using that card to make the hotel reservation. I did log in and take a look at my Cap1 account and there were literally no transactions. I could not remember for sure what card I had put down when I made the hotel reservation but I figured any charges would be sorted out at the time I actually stayed at the hotel.
The hotel stay was for the last weekend in February, and I definitely did NOT pay with the C1 card.

Just last night, the credit for the offer posted to my C1 card.

So now I am showing a $28 credit on the C1 account and since I quit using it (and have no plans to use it again), I guess it's just going to sit there.

1- Do you think they will eventually realize their mistake?
2- If it sits there long enough will they eventually send me a check or will I have to call? (I really hate C1 for their "no online/chat" system).

Capital One is so weird to me.

On February 4 I got an email that said "congratulations on redeeming your IHG offer!" and I thought, that's bizarre because I don't remember using that card to make the hotel reservation. I did log in and take a look at my Cap1 account and there were literally no transactions. I could not remember for sure what card I had put down when I made the hotel reservation but I figured any charges would be sorted out at the time I actually stayed at the hotel.
The hotel stay was for the last weekend in February, and I definitely did NOT pay with the C1 card.

Just last night, the credit for the offer posted to my C1 card.

So now I am showing a $28 credit on the C1 account and since I quit using it (and have no plans to use it again), I guess it's just going to sit there.

1- Do you think they will eventually realize their mistake?
2- If it sits there long enough will they eventually send me a check or will I have to call? (I really hate C1 for their "no online/chat" system).
I can answer number two. Yes, I had a credit from a support that I never thought I would see, that they gave me as a credit instead of points. I just left it for future use. After a few months they just mailed it to me.

Has anyone watched White Lotus on HBO? It was filmed at the FS Maui, which looks lovely. But they sure portray hotel guests as self-absorbed, privileged and entitled! The hotel manager is a real character too. Didn't expect to enjoy the show as much as I have been! Looking forward to season 2, which was filmed in Italy!

Loved both seasons of the White Lotus. Don't care how they portrayed the guests in either season, I'd love to go to both of the resorts. Apparently the FS in Italy where they filmed season 2 is booked based on people watching the show.

So after you mentioned this @*WDW*Groupie* I binged Season 1 of White Lotus. It's so, so good, so thanks for the recommendation. The music is literally brilliant- I mean absolutely brilliant. It's some type of mash of instrumental meets EDM meets jungle noise. The season 2 opener music is just as brilliant. I think the show would be a fraction of how good it is if they didn't mix the music in the way they do to ratchet up the tension.

The FS Maui is a beautiful location, just next door to the WA Grand Wailea. The Wailea beach walkway is pretty magical.

So after you mentioned this @*WDW*Groupie* I binged Season 1 of White Lotus. It's so, so good, so thanks for the recommendation. The music is literally brilliant- I mean absolutely brilliant. It's some type of mash of instrumental meets EDM meets jungle noise. The season 2 opener music is just as brilliant. I think the show would be a fraction of how good it is if they didn't mix the music in the way they do to ratchet up the tension.

The FS Maui is a beautiful location, just next door to the WA Grand Wailea. The Wailea beach walkway is pretty magical.
I agree about the music. The scenery in season 2 is gorgeous, but the rates for the FS where it was filmed are absolutely insane! I binged the last few episodes last night -- looking forward to season 3, which is filmed somewhere in Asia apparently.

Who wants to help me pick a summer vacation? For the end of August.

Currently have Yellowstone booked, but feeling a bit meh about it. The more I look into it, with the long driving distances, etc, I’m not quite sure my DD, who will be 6, is going to have a good time.

But can’t come up with any other good ideas besides another Disney trip. Last summer we went to Disney world and then on a trip to the Grand Canyon, Joshua tree and Disneyland. Just did DCL for spring break.

Have a giant amount of UR, 150k MR, and cash. We don’t do beach vacations well, we need activities.

Any brilliant suggestions that are escaping me? Kids will be 6 and 11.

Who wants to help me pick a summer vacation? For the end of August.

Currently have Yellowstone booked, but feeling a bit meh about it. The more I look into it, with the long driving distances, etc, I’m not quite sure my DD, who will be 6, is going to have a good time.

But can’t come up with any other good ideas besides another Disney trip. Last summer we went to Disney world and then on a trip to the Grand Canyon, Joshua tree and Disneyland. Just did DCL for spring break.

Have a giant amount of UR, 150k MR, and cash. We don’t do beach vacations well, we need activities.

Any brilliant suggestions that are escaping me? Kids will be 6 and 11.
What about Seattle? I feel like I’m august you need to head north.

We checked into our SW flight exactly 24 hours and got C9… should have bought EBCI when we booked the tickets. And I forgot my SW Performance Biz card. Also flying out of PHX, no PP lounges, I don’t want to pay $60 for our girls to visit the Centurion Lounge.

We checked into our SW flight exactly 24 hours and got C9… should have bought EBCI when we booked the tickets. And I forgot my SW Performance Biz card. Also flying out of PHX, no PP lounges, I don’t want to pay $60 for our girls to visit the Centurion Lounge.
Can you add your SW Performance biz card from the Chase app, or is that only personal cards? Any chance it's already loaded in to apple pay or google pay on one of your phones?

Irked with the Centurion lounge guest change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter