• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

We checked into our SW flight exactly 24 hours and got C9… should have bought EBCI when we booked the tickets. And I forgot my SW Performance Biz card. Also flying out of PHX, no PP lounges, I don’t want to pay $60 for our girls to visit the Centurion Lounge.
You definitely don’t want to pay for the Centurion Lounge at PHX. It’s always packed, and honestly isn’t a pleasant experience. The Escape lounge next door is moderately better if you can get in there, but again, you’re not missing much.

We checked into our SW flight exactly 24 hours and got C9… should have bought EBCI when we booked the tickets. And I forgot my SW Performance Biz card. Also flying out of PHX, no PP lounges, I don’t want to pay $60 for our girls to visit the Centurion Lounge.
I’ve had really bad luck with southwest recently.

Last week I checked in at 24 hours manually on the way to our cruise- got B 28.

Bought early bird for the way home- got B 26. It was free form a credit card so I did t care that much

We have one more year of family boarding. Gonna miss that.

I bought EBCI a few months ago for our flight yesterday and got B56...what a waste :/

Who wants to help me pick a summer vacation? For the end of August.

Currently have Yellowstone booked, but feeling a bit meh about it. The more I look into it, with the long driving distances, etc, I’m not quite sure my DD, who will be 6, is going to have a good time.

But can’t come up with any other good ideas besides another Disney trip. Last summer we went to Disney world and then on a trip to the Grand Canyon, Joshua tree and Disneyland. Just did DCL for spring break.

Have a giant amount of UR, 150k MR, and cash. We don’t do beach vacations well, we need activities.

Any brilliant suggestions that are escaping me? Kids will be 6 and 11.

Not sure if you’re considering international destinations, but Iceland should have nice weather in August. DD was 7 when we went. Depending on how far you want to go, it can be a lot of driving, but was a very active trip for us. We rode Icelandic horses, visited a lava tube, climbed to an ice cave, and soaked in the Blue Lagoon. We saw a geyser, visited a glacier and tasted thousand year old ice, saw amazing waterfalls and even walked behind one. Got to see puffins too. It’s one of our favorite trips. :)

I’m trying to decide if it’s worth it to use DH’s link to apply for a CIU for 75k points + 40k referral points (115k points total versus 90k without a referral? (I’m still seeing a 90k point option).

My question is, I already have one 20k point referral bonus. The 40k would be for DH. That is 60k total, but technically in separate names. So, it shouldn’t generate a 1099, right? Wouldn’t that only happen if I received both referral bonuses in my name?

I’m trying to decide if it’s worth it to use DH’s link to apply for a CIU for 75k points + 40k referral points (115k points total versus 90k without a referral? (I’m still seeing a 90k point option).

My question is, I already have one 20k point referral bonus. The 40k would be for DH. That is 60k total, but technically in separate names. So, it shouldn’t generate a 1099, right? Wouldn’t that only happen if I received both referral bonuses in my name?
That would be my understanding.

That would be my understanding.
Thank you! I’m glad I thought this over more and asked! I was prepared not to apply and on the fence about using the referral link because of not wanting to deal with a 1099. It’s not that it would be a huge impact to our taxes, but I wasn’t sure the extra referral points are worth the bother, and not it doesn’t matter anyway.

What is the Wells Fargo account bonus everyone has been talking about? DH and I were considering going for a Chase welcome bonus, as we were looking into another bank option anyway, and so figured I’d ask about the Wells Fargo one that I’ve heard so many mention something about.

Ok, I'm probably missing something obvious. I don't see my specific gas purchases showing up as eligible for PYB on my CSR. I see the category listed above but the only things I could actually use PYB for were some instacart purchases and an ice cream cake from Bruster's (no idea what eligible category that fell under).

Ok, I'm probably missing something obvious. I don't see my specific gas purchases showing up as eligible for PYB on my CSR. I see the category listed above but the only things I could actually use PYB for were some instacart purchases and an ice cream cake from Bruster's (no idea what eligible category that fell under).
Have you used PYB before? Just trying to confirm you’re in the right section. I do find that sometimes, depending on the company, gas stations are finicky and whether or not they’re considered as a merchant for the ‘gas’ category.

You should see the amount and a little box next to it to check it to get the reimbursement. It will then have you continue on and will ask you to apply the full amount.

What has been the experience with Capital One Venture X travel credit redemption? I bought my hotel on the 8th but still have not been credited on my account

You definitely don’t want to pay for the Centurion Lounge at PHX. It’s always packed, and honestly isn’t a pleasant experience. The Escape lounge next door is moderately better if you can get in there, but again, you’re not missing much.
Oh that's good to know. We are looking at a Grand Canyon trip next year and will likely fly in/out of PHX. DH and I both have Plat cards but would have to pay for the kids.

What has been the experience with Capital One Venture X travel credit redemption? I bought my hotel on the 8th but still have not been credited on my account

I haven't used it this year yet, but back in January of 2022, I purchased a Delta plane ticket on 1/11/22 via their portal and got the $300 credit on 1/14/22.

But can’t come up with any other good ideas besides another Disney trip. Last summer we went to Disney world and then on a trip to the Grand Canyon, Joshua tree and Disneyland. Just did DCL for spring break.

Have a giant amount of UR, 150k MR, and cash. We don’t do beach vacations well, we need activities.

Any brilliant suggestions that are escaping me? Kids will be 6 and 11.
Do you have a trip report on your Grand Canyon trip? That sounds like a great itinerary!
I was *this* close to booking a GC trip for spring break this year, and then decided we'd be in the car too much. My kids are about the same as yours though, so maybe with Disney thrown in they'd be a little more excited.

I think my billing period ends on the 15th, so maybe that was part of the why/when it posted, maybe?
I update my CC info just about every day via Quicken, and Chase travel credits are posted on the same day they're made, if there's a travel credit balance that's due. They show up on the subsequent bill.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter