• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

If I had to choose - CSR wins out due to easy to use travel credit and ability to combine points with the Chase Freedom family earning 5x on quarterly categories.

And - what sticks out to me from your post - I’ve had the CSR for over 4 years - so time to cancel/downgrade the CSR and apply for a new one to earn another SUB.

Thank you! I’m definitely considering doing a pc and then applying again for a new CSR, which is part of why I was comparing it with the Amex Platinum. It is on my radar that I’m passed the 48 month SUB waiting period. We’ve been able to go on three trips to Universal Studios and stay at the premier hotels all on points, so I’ve been reluctant to switch it up now. I appreciate the feedback on this.

Hey now, parts of Wisconsin are damn picturesque. Coming to the Dells for a tourney?
Appleton. Last year was Stevens Point. Yes parts of WI are gorgeous but most of it is not ocean/jungle/macaws overhead gorgeous. But it beats IL corn fields.
Argh. The CIU I applied for on Friday, 3/17/2023 is STILL pending review.

I just called the BIZ Recon # 1-800-453-9719 and the rep was no help except to give me the application ref # and to state that I will get an answer in 1-2 weeks. I tried to get her to transfer me to the dept that can review my application right away and she said that since my application is under "systematic review" that there is no one she can transfer me to that can help and that I just needed to wait.

Is this a case of HUCA?
I'll admit I have never reconned a biz card so not sure if there is a different number to try. I'd give it at least a week. I have had them take a week or more AND I had an approved card get canceled before I received it because they said the card was shipping and returned to sender.
If you have a biz account already, check your letters to see if you have a notice.

I'll admit I have never reconned a biz card so not sure if there is a different number to try. I'd give it at least a week. I have had them take a week or more AND I had an approved card get canceled before I received it because they said the card was shipping and returned to sender.
If you have a biz account already, check your letters to see if you have a notice.

I believe that is the BIZ recon number. I have had to use it in the past. I have always been able to get it approved on the phone before... It's a PITA to call but I guess I will again... when I work up my courage. Lol. And have the time today.

If you needed a passport by the end of July, would you pay the extra $60 to expedite it? Its for a first-time passport, not a renewal.

Please report back how this goes and the whole trip. I was planning a tentative trip and my husband
can't go so it will just be me and my daughters. I'm hoping to be in an area where they can do
things like tubing ziplining....although I read somewhere the volcano is not near that area? I don't
think they can take long drives. (prob will stay at Hyatt or Marriott)
Thanks.

We haven't been yet, but thought I'd share a couple things I came across in my research. Rio Perdido is an SLH that can be booked with Hyatt points, though availability looks hard to find. Looks like a cool place with onsite tubing and ziplining. Also, there is ziplining about 10 minutes away from Andaz Papagayo at Witch's Rock Canopy Tour. It gets mentioned in the Andaz reviews and seems well liked.

Now that I have been earning MR's and UR's I started researching redeeming them for flights. My current thought is to use some of them for Biz seats to Europe for a Greek Isles cruise in 2025 or 2026. In looking at google flights the options for us are flying out of IAD, JFK, EWR, PHL, Toronto, or Montreal using United, American, Delta, Air Canada, or Iberia. When I tried looking for award flights to get an idea of availability and price most of what I am finding are really high. United is usually 155k miles one way and Delta is around 180-255k miles one way. The only ones which are low are AA but it is on BA flights with $752 in surcharges. Is it that hard to find award availability in Biz for less than 100k a person one way or am I doing something wrong? Do I just need to pay for Expert Flyer or point.me for a month to try to figure out award prices and availability?

I know I need more points/miles but I need to figure out what flights would cost and what airlines so I can determine what my next new cc's should be. I want to make sure that I get cards with SUB's which will work for our flights or hotels pre/post cruise. You all are so knowledgeable and make it look easy. My head is swimming trying to figure out finding good award availability options.

ATV tour with La Finca ATV. Our family’s favorite. Would do this again in a heartbeat. I booked/paid for this 1 month in advance through their Whatsapp.

Don Olivo chocolate tour was highly recommended by our local ATV tour guide. We genuinely enjoyed it, and would recommend it.

Driving is an adventure. We rented a hotspot cell phone along with our car rental and it came equipped with Waze. We have used Waze successfully with only 1 minor detour on the way to Rio Celeste. The roads are potholed in many areas so you definitely want a small SUV just for the bigger tires. But really the roads are fine. It was a bit nerve wracking for DH the first couple of days just due to the unfamiliarity, but he has settled in and can now just go with the flow. We love having a car.
The ATV tour sounds really fun! Too bad my kids are too young...Good to hear you enjoyed the Don Olivo tour! I have that one booked too! Too late for you, but fyi to others interested, this one is on the Chase UR portal. (That's where I booked ours). We have a large SUV reserved, so that's good to know.

We got tickets for TS in Arlington, TX. Now I need to find a hotel. Any suggestions?
The Hyatt Place near by isn’t available.
We have Marriott, Hilton and Hyatt points.
I'm burning an IHG FNC at Crown Plaza Suites right near the stadium. I don't know if they still have availability. I do know someone who has stayed there and said it was nice, so I'm hoping they were right.

So my clear membership and tsa precheck expire soon. Does the Amex platinum card cover both? I know it does for clear but I can’t find about tsa precheck.

I'm 20 miles south in Oshkosh, let me know if you would like any recommendations.
As per my usual, restaurant recommendations are always welcome. Lol

We are staying at Cambria Hotel because it's close to the fields (Badger Sports Park) Team is staying further away. Heard anything good or bad about Cambria?

I all the DIS credit card experts I need some advice as to the best versatile points credit card for my son who just turned 18 to get his first credit card in his name. He won’t be charging a ton, $400-500 per month on it so nothing with an annual fee. Thanks for your help in advance.

We haven't been yet, but thought I'd share a couple things I came across in my research. Rio Perdido is an SLH that can be booked with Hyatt points, though availability looks hard to find. Looks like a cool place with onsite tubing and ziplining. Also, there is ziplining about 10 minutes away from Andaz Papagayo at Witch's Rock Canopy Tour. It gets mentioned in the Andaz reviews and seems well liked.
Rio Perdido looks awesome but seems more adult focused and less family oriented.
Andaz also has their own local 'adventures' but they seem pricey.

https://peninsulapapagayo.com/explore/

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/c...-at-peninsula-papagayo/liraz/area-attractions

Now that I have been earning MR's and UR's I started researching redeeming them for flights. My current thought is to use some of them for Biz seats to Europe for a Greek Isles cruise in 2025 or 2026. In looking at google flights the options for us are flying out of IAD, JFK, EWR, PHL, Toronto, or Montreal using United, American, Delta, Air Canada, or Iberia. When I tried looking for award flights to get an idea of availability and price most of what I am finding are really high. United is usually 155k miles one way and Delta is around 180-255k miles one way. The only ones which are low are AA but it is on BA flights with $752 in surcharges. Is it that hard to find award availability in Biz for less than 100k a person one way or am I doing something wrong? Do I just need to pay for Expert Flyer or point.me for a month to try to figure out award prices and availability?

I know I need more points/miles but I need to figure out what flights would cost and what airlines so I can determine what my next new cc's should be. I want to make sure that I get cards with SUB's which will work for our flights or hotels pre/post cruise. You all are so knowledgeable and make it look easy. My head is swimming trying to figure out finding good award availability options.
For Delta at least you have to look round trip, the one way cost is almost as much as round trip. It's really hard to find any low level awards to anywhere in Europe right now. point.me seems to be the best of the bunch for finding out how to use points. Have you looked at Flying Blue? AF and KLM might be able to do better.

So my clear membership and tsa precheck expire soon. Does the Amex platinum card cover both? I know it does for clear but I can’t find about tsa precheck.
Yes it covers Pre every 4.5 years and GE every 4.
As per my usual, restaurant recommendations are always welcome. Lol

We are staying at Cambria Hotel because it's close to the fields (Badger Sports Park) Team is staying further away. Heard anything good or bad about Cambria?
I stayed in a Cambria in Minneapolis a few years ago and it was very nice. Along the lines of an Aloft or Hyatt Place. Not 5 stars but more than serviceable. For restaurants, Houdini's Escape just south of downtown, Fox River Brewery over by the mall. Any specific types of foods you're interested in? I will ask my wife who grew up here and spends more time in Appleton, I'm sure she'll have some other recommendations.

Argh. The CIU I applied for on Friday, 3/17/2023 is STILL pending review.

I just called the BIZ Recon # 1-800-453-9719 and the rep was no help except to give me the application ref # and to state that I will get an answer in 1-2 weeks. I tried to get her to transfer me to the dept that can review my application right away and she said that since my application is under "systematic review" that there is no one she can transfer me to that can help and that I just needed to wait.

Is this a case of HUCA?
I am in the same situation. I applied for a CIC on the 12th and the automated system is still giving the 2 week message so I talked to a rep assuming the automated system had not been updated and she told me it is still pending. I have never had one take more than a couple of days and this is now at 9 days. I didn't ask for an immediate review because I already have 5 CIC and I am hoping to avoid being questioned on why I need so many.

I'm burning an IHG FNC at Crown Plaza Suites right near the stadium. I don't know if they still have availability. I do know someone who has stayed there and said it was nice, so I'm hoping they were right.
I ended up booking a Marriott Fairfield inn, as I was reading the reviews I also saw that you can take the trolley to and from the stadium, just have to make reservations.
Yes, the Plat covers clear membership up to $189 per calendar year. DH and I are both going to renew. Now that airports are busier it is nice to cut to the front of the Pre-check line.

If you needed a passport by the end of July, would you pay the extra $60 to expedite it? Its for a first-time passport, not a renewal.
I agree with the others who have said to expedite it. My nephew applied for his first passport (non expedited) around the first or second week of Jan and he still doesn't have it back yet. We leave in May and I am starting to get worried.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter