I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

For those of you that have been to Ireland, did you buy waterproof shoes? I have Keen sandals but I’m not sure if I can wear those. Ds has crocs, but again, not sure if those will work. He also doesn’t have any kind of rain jacket so we’ll have to get him one

What card to get... just when I think I have an idea of what I may do -everything changes...

Me- 2/24 Last Chase Card 3/3/23. Originally was going to get the IHG Card, but now I see that the higher offer is now gone. Maybe go with Biz card then, but now I don't need to hurry.

Could go for another Ink Card. Chase has been sending me letters to apply still for 90,000 SUB - latest letter expires May 15th.

Now they come out with the Marriott 5 Night Deal... I have 2 Chase Marriott Cards and 1 AMEX Marriott Card. So, I would have to cancel all of these in order to qualify correct?

DH does not have any Marriott Cards (he is 3/24). So, that is a possibility but I would be the ones using the certificates most likely instead of him. (if used for Swan/Dolphin).

UGHHH.... I hate making decisions. I want all the cards!!!

Saw someone post about the Chase bonus tracker on Saturday, that it was saying it couldn't be displayed in red. Today, I can't find the bonus tracker whatsoever, in app or on website, not even with this "unavailable" message. Anyone else's disappear completely?

For those of you that have been to Ireland, did you buy waterproof shoes? I have Keen sandals but I’m not sure if I can wear those. Ds has crocs, but again, not sure if those will work. He also doesn’t have any kind of rain jacket so we’ll have to get him one
I bought some trail shoes but I really didn't need them. My sneakers were good enough for most days. We had rain every day by it never lasted and was mostly a light drizzle.

Saw someone post about the Chase bonus tracker on Saturday, that it was saying it couldn't be displayed in red. Today, I can't find the bonus tracker whatsoever, in app or on website, not even with this "unavailable" message. Anyone else's disappear completely?
Still showing as red for me but I have had the tracker disappear before. I emailed Chase a few days ago about it and they completely ignored my question about the reason for it not showing up and told me what I have spent so far. Which I guess does the same thing as the tracker just with an extra step and a day or two wait.

What card to get... just when I think I have an idea of what I may do -everything changes...

Me- 2/24 Last Chase Card 3/3/23. Originally was going to get the IHG Card, but now I see that the higher offer is now gone. Maybe go with Biz card then, but now I don't need to hurry.

Could go for another Ink Card. Chase has been sending me letters to apply still for 90,000 SUB - latest letter expires May 15th.

Now they come out with the Marriott 5 Night Deal... I have 2 Chase Marriott Cards and 1 AMEX Marriott Card. So, I would have to cancel all of these in order to qualify correct?

DH does not have any Marriott Cards (he is 3/24). So, that is a possibility but I would be the ones using the certificates most likely instead of him. (if used for Swan/Dolphin).

Your current Marriott cards make you ineligible for the Boundless card :( I just read through it all this morning cause I was hoping to grab it too. The struggle with wanting all the cards is definitely real lol. I'd grab the Ink while you have the 90k offer.

Question about making a connection at BWI. DD and her soon to be husband are flying from Pittsburgh to Punta Cana in July with a connection in BWI. Originally they were going to have about 2 hours in BWI which they were ok with because it gave them some breathing room. But now SW has moved the first flight earlier and the second flight later so that they'll be at BWI for 3.5 hours. Not where you want to be on the first day of your honeymoon. They can switch to an earlier second leg but then their connection time will be one hour. How tight is that? I know they're going to be worried about something going wrong, but is it worth it to have a 3.5 hour layover?

Does anyone recommend a map site where you can plan a trip? I’m trying to plan day trips and overnights from DD’s home when my DH arrives in Germany in May. Hopefully the weather will be warmer then. We may get some snow later this week! 😮

I would like to know the answer to this as well!

Two days ago it was 80 degrees here and then last night it snowed! Are you staying fully into May? Is that the longest you've visited before? Hope the new baby arrives on their time and healthy!

Not Ireland, but I needed waterproof shoes in Scotland (and Iceland and Norway). I found a pair of gore-tex Asics that fit almost as well as my normal running shoes but they keep my feet dry. I pack them whenever I go to a particularly cold/rainy climate now.

There is something fun I think, about staying at MCO. I like watching the people below.
I have stayed before and after a cruise, and I am going to stay there before my 7am flight home this October.

It is worth checking the price difference too. The Hyatt Place is 6500 and MCO is 12000 for my trip, still more but not by as much as suggested in the previous mention.

I haven't seen the Chase bonus tracker on the last two cards we've gotten (Jan'23 and Mar'23) , and just use the "spending report" option under the 3 dot menu to see how much I've spent on the card so far. SUBs have automatically posted as expected (2x90K) without me contacting Chase.

According to this chart, you would just need to close the Amex Bonvoy ($95 AF one). Most of the SUBs need to be at least 24 months ago.

The targeted 90k Ink offer would be without a support? If your DH can support you, the 75k offer plus 40k support would be better.

I haven't seen the Chase bonus tracker on the last two cards we've gotten (Jan'23 and Mar'23) , and just use the "spending report" option under the 3 dot menu to see how much I've spent on the card so far. SUBs have automatically posted as expected (2x90K) without me contacting Chase.
Thanks. We got this card end of February, so makes sense if you aren't seeing it either. I really just don't remember when the 3 months are up, and I was hoping to see that in the tracker. Grr... guess I have to contact Chase to give me the exact date, since we're going to be cutting it kind of close with this one.

Your current Marriott cards make you ineligible for the Boundless card :( I just read through it all this morning cause I was hoping to grab it too. The struggle with wanting all the cards is definitely real lol. I'd grab the Ink while you have the 90k offer.
Yeah. We have gotten like 5 inks in the past year but may need 1 more. Sure wish Venmo still worked with Chase. Helped to make spend...

Does anyone recommend a map site where you can plan a trip? I’m trying to plan day trips and overnights from DD’s home when my DH arrives in Germany in May. Hopefully the weather will be warmer then. We may get some snow later this week! 😮

Two days ago it was 80 degrees here and then last night it snowed! Are you staying fully into May? Is that the longest you've visited before? Hope the new baby arrives on their time and healthy!
Yes crazy weather in Chicago. DS had 2 soccer games over the weekend. Saturday 80s and it drizzled on us a bit then stopped. 🥵 DS drank 2 bottles of water plus a bottle of Gatorade because he was so hot and sweaty. ( TMI I'm sure). Sunday, 40 and pouring rain the whole game plus the field is terribly windy and kept flipping my umbrella inside out. Today, woke to snow on my car and the current temp is "37 feels like 27" according to the weather app. 🥶

According to this chart, you would just need to close the Amex Bonvoy ($95 AF one). Most of the SUBs need to be at least 24 months ago.

The targeted 90k Ink offer would be without a support? If your DH can support you, the 75k offer plus 40k support would be better.
Didn't even think of that... assuming it might stay at that a while, giving me a little more time to get the Marriott one for DH first.

April 1st, we had a blizzard. April 10th it was in the 70s, the next three days mid to upper 80's (we broke records Wed/Thurs). Friday night it started raining, cool and rainy all day Saturday. 6 inches of snow yesterday. So so over it!

Thanks. We got this card end of February, so makes sense if you aren't seeing it either. I really just don't remember when the 3 months are up, and I was hoping to see that in the tracker. Grr... guess I have to contact Chase to give me the exact date, since we're going to be cutting it kind of close with this one.
Are you talking about the CIU you mentioned in this post from Feb 27 (I searched with your Disboards name in this thread) -

Instant approval on another CIU for DH, yippee! And I did remember to use my support link, so 20K for me and at least 99K for him. That's a NICE sub. I wish these elevated offers on the Ink cards would stay around!!
If that's the one, then 90 days would be May 28th (using a calendar calculator; I did not add it up by hand!). I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "cutting it kind of close" - do you mean by organic spend? If yes, then prepaying utilities or getting fee free prepaid cards (ODOM is running the $15 off $300 VGC promo right now; last time I got 3 $200 cards and got $30 off and I've seen a couple dps that is working this time around too although YMMV) will help, and I would make sure to meet that spend at least 2 days before the deadline in order for it to post in time. If cash flow is the issue, I look at the statement close date, and put spend on the card after the close date (but before the MSR deadline) in order to get the extra float time to pay off the bill. I don't know if Chase still allows 115 days from card opening to meet spend like they used to, I thought there were mixed dps on that. You can SM Chase to find out the exact date if you're worried about it.

Do you have a plan for the 5 nights? If you can get a good use out of the certificates then I think your DH should get the card and you should go for another Ink card.

I briefly considered the Marriott card because we are planning a trip to WDW next April but all the nights are 66,000 points, which means I can't use the certificates there.

Mom has the the Citi AA card that gives her the 1st checked bag free ($30).

If she needs to check in a 2nd bag, I assume that AA will charge her the 2nd bag fee of $40 and not the initial $30?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter