I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Question about making a connection at BWI. DD and her soon to be husband are flying from Pittsburgh to Punta Cana in July with a connection in BWI. Originally they were going to have about 2 hours in BWI which they were ok with because it gave them some breathing room. But now SW has moved the first flight earlier and the second flight later so that they'll be at BWI for 3.5 hours. Not where you want to be on the first day of your honeymoon. They can switch to an earlier second leg but then their connection time will be one hour. How tight is that? I know they're going to be worried about something going wrong, but is it worth it to have a 3.5 hour layover?
I'm always cautious of East coast afternoon thunderstorms in the summer - I try to have as much flexibility as possible. I'd vote for the longer layover to be more sure they actually get to Punta Cana that day. Do they have same day changeable SW tix? they could try to get on the earlier flight once they arrive.

Question about making a connection at BWI. DD and her soon to be husband are flying from Pittsburgh to Punta Cana in July with a connection in BWI. Originally they were going to have about 2 hours in BWI which they were ok with because it gave them some breathing room. But now SW has moved the first flight earlier and the second flight later so that they'll be at BWI for 3.5 hours. Not where you want to be on the first day of your honeymoon. They can switch to an earlier second leg but then their connection time will be one hour. How tight is that? I know they're going to be worried about something going wrong, but is it worth it to have a 3.5 hour layover?
With it being SW I would be less likely to take the 1 hour layover, especially going to an international flight. You know boarding is going to start 30 minutes prior to scheduled departure, that doesn't give much time to get food, drink, bathroom, etc. before needing to be ready to board. With a legacy and assigned seating, maybe. Either way I'd go with the 3.5 hour layover. I'd much rather have extra time in the airport than worry about missing my flight.

I'm having post-trip blues :( so trying to distract myself by planning our vacation for next year. The family has requested a beach destination at an all-inclusive property. Anyone has recommendations for AI properties in the Caribbean (preferably I can pay with points)?

Are you talking about the CIU you mentioned in this post from Feb 27 (I searched with your Disboards name in this thread) -

If that's the one, then 90 days would be May 28th (using a calendar calculator; I did not add it up by hand!). I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "cutting it kind of close" - do you mean by organic spend? If yes, then prepaying utilities or getting fee free prepaid cards (ODOM is running the $15 off $300 VGC promo right now; last time I got 3 $200 cards and got $30 off and I've seen a couple dps that is working this time around too although YMMV) will help, and I would make sure to meet that spend at least 2 days before the deadline in order for it to post in time. If cash flow is the issue, I look at the statement close date, and put spend on the card after the close date (but before the MSR deadline) in order to get the extra float time to pay off the bill. I don't know if Chase still allows 115 days from card opening to meet spend like they used to, I thought there were mixed dps on that. You can SM Chase to find out the exact date if you're worried about it.
OK, you are the bomb!! lol. I did not even think to look back on this thread for my previous posts 😂 THANK YOU! Yeah, organic spend is the issue. I made a stupid error when getting this card, thinking I could put all our Japan trip costs on it and meet MSR real quick, but then realized after I got the card, DUH, I can't use it because foreign transaction fees. *face palm* So that was like $2K I was banking on to use towards MSR that did not happen.
Cash flow isn't an issue, so thanks for the idea on prepaying utilities! I'll probably do that for our electric bill... god only knows with summer about here (in SC at least), our A/C will be running nonstop. I think I'm only cutting it close by about $700 after I pay a few other bills. So I'll probably go ahead and prepay a few months of our electric.
Thanks again!

For those of you that have been to Ireland, did you buy waterproof shoes? I have Keen sandals but I’m not sure if I can wear those. Ds has crocs, but again, not sure if those will work. He also doesn’t have any kind of rain jacket so we’ll have to get him one
We bought a pair of waterproof ankle boots for my daughter when she went abroad to study there. She really liked them and still wears them all the time. She studied in Galway and absolutely loved it! Looking forward to hearing more about your trip.

We ordered a rainproof jacket off Amazon for my DH.

Do you have a plan for the 5 nights? If you can get a good use out of the certificates then I think your DH should get the card and you should go for another Ink card.

I briefly considered the Marriott card because we are planning a trip to WDW next April but all the nights are 66,000 points, which means I can't use the certificates there.
No. I have no plans for the certificates…. That is a bummer the rooms are 66,000 points so you can’t even top off with points. Is is around Easter?

We bought a pair of waterproof ankle boots for my daughter when she went abroad to study there. She really liked them and still wears them all the time. She studied in Galway and absolutely loved it! Looking forward to hearing more about your trip.

We ordered a rainproof jacket off Amazon for my DH.
Do you remember which boots you got?

Didn't even think of that... assuming it might stay at that a while, giving me a little more time to get the Marriott one for DH first.
If you only have the one, it could be worth closing it. My dh and I each have the personal and he has 2 biz. And our subs are too recent. SOOOO no closing. I did grab him an ink yesterday and I have an app pending. You can never have enough inks :flower1:

No. I have no plans for the certificates…. That is a bummer the rooms are 66,000 points so you can’t even top off with points. Is is around Easter?
That’s the weekend after Easter, you can top off but max 15,000 points per night, please double check that

Saw someone post about the Chase bonus tracker on Saturday, that it was saying it couldn't be displayed in red. Today, I can't find the bonus tracker whatsoever, in app or on website, not even with this "unavailable" message. Anyone else's disappear completely?

I originally posted about the notification in red that stated “We are unable to show your bonus tracker”, and the notice is still appearing on the app. I thought it would eventually disappear and I would be able to use the tracker, but it appears not. That’s strange that some have the tracker, some don’t, and others, like me, have this red notification.

Dh said he was looking at rental cars for Ireland and it mentioned you have to have insurance. Would the coverage from our CSR count?
I would call, but don’t count on it. It doesn’t cover liability in a lot of cases. Being outside of US and Canada usually counts out your personal auto insurance. You can call your agent. I’m new in insurance, but I get a fair amount of rental car claims. I don’t claim to be an expert, just please do your research.

I am an authorized user on P2's Amex Gold card (have been for decades, long before we got into the points game). Would this make me intelligible for the Gold card SUB? I've never held the card in my own name.

If yes - If he cancel my AU card, would I become eligible for the SUB? Is there a waiting period?

Thanks!

I would like to know the answer to this as well!

Two days ago it was 80 degrees here and then last night it snowed! Are you staying fully into May? Is that the longest you've visited before? Hope the new baby arrives on their time and healthy!
My plan is to go back with DH on May 9 or May 10. We are going to try for standby seats from the military base at Ramstein to BWI on May 9. My DH is retired from the military and it’s one of the privileges and I can accompany him as his spouse. I have SWA tickets to get us back to Houston. I also have award tickets on United from Frankfurt to IAH if we don’t get seats on the 9th. The first time I visited was in 2021 for the birth of our first grandson. I arrived November 1 and went back with DH and DS on Jan 1. So 2 full months. They both flew in so we could all spend Christmas together. I was also here for 2 weeks in May with one of my sisters, and almost a month in September after we did a DCL Norway cruise together last year. May was definitely my favorite time weather wise. But now you have me thinking about staying longer. Hmmm….

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter