I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

AHHHH. quick question .... made a SWA booking, one letter in the last name is wrong... (o instead of an A) is this going ot be a problem? should we call in to make that letter change,or do we have to cancel and rebook?:faint::faint::faint:
If you haven’t canceled yet, hit SW up on Twitter. They’ll fix it quickly.

Last edited:

Question for those of you who got Pre-Check for your kids. I'm going to use my credit to get it for one of my nephews that travels with me frequently. The website says you have to bring a passport or state issued ID and a birth certificate. His passport is expired and he's only 15, so he doesn't have a state ID. Were you required to produce both a state ID and birth cert at your appointment or do they make any exceptions for kids?
I got a State ID for my 15yo when she flew to Hawaii with the band. it takes a couple weeks in my state, but maybe an option?

I'm not sure I'm following but I don't think the two are related.
Sorry, I tend to give TMI. To simplify, I was asking if renewing my license and changing my address on it would have any affect on my passport application that is still processing, since I had to send copies of the front and back of my current license with my passport application.

Question for those of you who got Pre-Check for your kids. I'm going to use my credit to get it for one of my nephews that travels with me frequently. The website says you have to bring a passport or state issued ID and a birth certificate. His passport is expired and he's only 15, so he doesn't have a state ID. Were you required to produce both a state ID and birth cert at your appointment or do they make any exceptions for kids?
We were required to get state id's. You go to the DMV. It's pretty easy but definitely do that before precheck.

I am debating on which card to get. I have lots of travel to book(flights to Hawaii) so would prefer to put it on a Sapphire.

I can get the CSR online for 70,000 UR online
CSP for 80,000
Or Chase CIU

I use Chase as my main bank so I don’t like to hit it hard. I would only do one card for probably the next 6 months. I need to book flights paying cash and have about 200,000 URs to book a hotel. I’m thinking having the 1.5 redeem on the CSR would be nice, plus the 2 travel credits.

I have gotten 3 inks in the last 18 months, plus no benefits to booking travel on it.
Dh does have a CSR though so as long as I can transfer points to him, I can get the 1.5 redeem that way.

ETA: Im lazy and don’t like calling attention to myself, so no branch visit for me to get a card.

Last edited:
Sorry, I tend to give TMI. To simplify, I was asking if renewing my license and changing my address on it would have any affect on my passport application that is still processing, since I had to send copies of the front and back of my current license with my passport application.
You presenting the DL as an identification document to the application agent satisfied that part of the application process. The photocopy is just a record of what ID was used to prove you are you. Changing the address on it now won't change the validity of the ID then.

As far as I can tell, the state department is only concerned with your address for getting you the passport. Otherwise your address or DL is not really tied to your passport.

Dh transferred our URs to United this morning. It shows they have the aer lingus flight available but when he goes to book it gives him an error and says to call. He’s been up since 4:30 am dealing with this. He called United and was on the phone for an hour and even talked to 2 different supervisors. They told him they can’t control partner airlines and we’ll have to hope availability opens up. We don’t know what to do. Their website is the one showing flights available and we wouldn’t have transferred points to United otherwise. Now we’re just stuck with all of our points being with United instead of chase.

ETA: Dh said he can’t get anyone to move our points back to chase. For reference, it was about 450k URs. He said we could fly with United business class instead for the dates we wanted but we’ll have to add another 45k points per person (120k total).

Last edited:
Dh transferred our URs to United this morning. It shows they have the aer lingus flight available but when he goes to book it gives him an error and says to call. He’s been up since 4:30 am dealing with this. He called United and was on the phone for an hour and even talked to 2 different supervisors. They told him they can’t control partner airlines and we’ll have to hope availability opens up. We don’t know what to do. Their website is the one showing flights available and we wouldn’t have transferred points to United otherwise. Now we’re just stuck with all of our points being with United instead of chase.

ETA: Dh said he can’t get anyone to move our points back to chase. For reference, it was about 450k URs. He said we could fly with United business class instead for the dates we wanted but we’ll have to add another 45k points.
oh no... I hope you all can figure it out. I would just go ahead and add the 45K, once the points are transfered you can't transfer them back to Chase.

ETA: Dh said he can’t get anyone to move our points back to chase. For reference, it was about 450k URs. He said we could fly with United business class instead for the dates we wanted but we’ll have to add another 45k points.

Well I can tell you booking w/ AL is just a nightmare, LOL. The regular booking for AL doesn't show the dates we want for March 2024 open yet. On a whim I checked avios and they are showing the flights ARE available to book. But there are NO business class. Last year we booked in August! So I can't imagine 11 mos out EVERY SINGLE FLIGHT (CLE, ORD, BOS, PHL) has NO biz availability. I'm going to check every day and hope! That said, the avios site SUCKS! So this isn't going to be fun :(

You presenting the DL as an identification document to the application agent satisfied that part of the application process. The photocopy is just a record of what ID was used to prove you are you. Changing the address on it now won't change the validity of the ID then.

As far as I can tell, the state department is only concerned with your address for getting you the passport. Otherwise your address or DL is not really tied to your passport.
Good deal. I just didn't want to do anything that would delay my passport approval or processing time because we have a cruise in July.

Does anyone here have a Bilt MC? Since I don't rent it hasn't held a lot of appeal for me, but seeing AA and Hyatt as transfer partners is intriguing. I've checked DISchurners and don't see any support links for Bilt so if you have one would you post it over there?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter