I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

oh wow... that's a lot of points.
It’s so much. The points are already with United so we don’t know what to do. We don’t know if we should just do it even though it’s a crazy amount of points or if we should try to plan a different trip. I don’t know our other options with United
That does seem like a lot of points, considering Japan flights on United in Biz are 170k roundtrip. If you're saying Ireland is even more, personally I would rethink that.

It’s so much. The points are already with United so we don’t know what to do. We don’t know if we should just do it even though it’s a crazy amount of points or if we should try to plan a different trip. I don’t know our other options with United
Maybe look into this? See if you can get business class on a Saver Rate
https://onemileatatime.com/waitlist-united-mileageplus-awards/
Or also just this:
https://upgradedpoints.com/travel/airlines/united-excursionist-perk/

Agree... what dates/airports are you looking at? @Haley R
That does seem like a lot of points, considering Japan flights on United in Biz are 170k roundtrip. If you're saying Ireland is even more, personally I would rethink that.
We’re looking at anytime in August-September (preferably August) and out of basically any eastern airport that has business availability. We were looking at aer lingus this whole time so I guess we now need to look at United flights. Dh said it’s going to be 115k there and 90k back per person. I think he’s only looking at the dates we originally looked at though which was August 6-22 I think

We’re looking at anytime in August-September (preferably August) and out of basically any eastern airport that has business availability. We were looking at aer lingus this whole time so I guess we now need to look at United flights. Dh said it’s going to be 115k there and 90k back per person. I think he’s only looking at the dates we originally looked at though which was August 6-22 I think
I see availability BOS-DUB 8/13 for 82K each

I'm glad I don't care about business class because that's the equivalent of $3k/person to me and it's just not that long of a flight. Of course I'm not traveling with a little one. And I get the cash price is much higher than $3k/person.

I don't know if it would help in this particular situation but I have found that in general posting things on a company's Twitter website tends to get a response from people who can actually help. I don't have any experience with United but it recently worked with Toyota. Might be worth a try to see if someone can get you the flights you want with the points you already transferred.

I'm glad I don't care about business class because that's the equivalent of $3k/person to me and it's just not that long of a flight. Of course I'm not traveling with a little one. And I get the cash price is much higher than $3k/person.
Originally we never thought it was going to be this many points. We normally would never spend this much. We were supposed to do Toronto and dh decided he wanted to try for Ireland instead. Now it’s turned into a whole issue 🤦🏻‍♀️ The URs were supposed to be our backup for Japan and now we have none left

Is Amex slow to post monthly earned MRs? DD has a new BBP, statement ended 4/11 and she hasn't been awarded any points for the charges on that statement.

I got a State ID for my 15yo when she flew to Hawaii with the band. it takes a couple weeks in my state, but maybe an option?

We were required to get state id's. You go to the DMV. It's pretty easy but definitely do that before precheck.
Thanks to both of you, I did check our state's requirements yesterday. It appears my state will issue a same day state ID with his birth cert and social security card. I may end up doing this. I may just use it on my nephew who I am taking to Europe next month. I probably wouldn't do global entry though since he wouldn't have the Pre-Check in time for our trip (which includes 3 separate domestic departures). He's not likely to fly international again any time soon anyway, so the Pre-Check would be the most helpful for our trip.
Apparently it’s 45k per person so it’ll be 120k 😩 Dh said he still wants to do it and fly United. It’s so many points but we already transferred so many over.
That is a bummer and I think it is a fear we all share when transferring points. I would probably just transfer the other 90K for peace of mind if I had them, but it would be a hard pill to swallow.

Thanks to both of you, I did check our state's requirements yesterday. It appears my state will issue a same day state ID with his birth cert and social security card. I may end up doing this. I may just use it on my nephew who I am taking to Europe next month. I probably wouldn't do global entry though since he wouldn't have the Pre-Check in time for our trip (which includes 3 separate domestic departures). He's not likely to fly international again any time soon anyway, so the Pre-Check would be the most helpful for our trip.

That is a bummer and I think it is a fear we all share when transferring points. I would probably just transfer the other 90K for peace of mind if I had them, but it would be a hard pill to swallow.
It’s gonna be another 120k or so since there are three of us. It’s so many points. Total like 600k URs 😕 United said they escalated it but I have a feeling they won’t be able to do anything. So it’s either fork over the extra 120k and do Ireland or try and find another place to fly to.

I have tuition coming up in June/July and I want to try and combine the business gold with the personal platinum to try and maximize the bonus points for what I'll spend. I've never had an AMEX gold or platinum. Can you get the personal AND business or is it one or the other? If the latter are there any NLL bonuses out there for the business gold?

You might get his pre-check that quickly. I got DD 13's like two days after her appointment. Once you get notification it was approved you can get the number off the website, no need to wait for the letter.

Our state was same day as well. I had already done this process through a few kids and knew what to expect so I had a precheck appt made already since, at times, those can be a ways out. I was able to get the state id and tsa precheck done pretty close together that way.

I have tuition coming up in June/July and I want to try and combine the business gold with the personal platinum to try and maximize the bonus points for what I'll spend. I've never had an AMEX gold or platinum. Can you get the personal AND business or is it one or the other? If the latter are there any NLL bonuses out there for the business gold?
You can get both at the same time :)

What would my churners do? Direct flight from LGA to home, 3 hours 44 minutes.
We booked AA for 11K points each (3) but because I booked when I was AA Plat Pro I was able to reserve MCE seats for free, I'm back down to Gold.
Same flight is now available through BA for 11K Avios (would have to sit at the back of the plane),BUT J is available for 22K Avios (66K total). We do have 400K MRs, so we have the points. I just need someone to help me decide.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter