I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Anyone been to Puerto Rico and have a good point redemption to go along? Mostly nice resort I'm interested in....I have bonvoy, hyatt, hilton and UR's to play with. I want to surprise my hubby for his bday this year :)

As my wife has family in Puerto Rico, I have been there more often than I would care to and unfortunately I have to say that our hotel stays there have left me underwhelmed more often than not - especially in the Condado area.

That said.....we did have a great points stay at the Hilton Ponce (on the south side of PR) - it was almost 10 years ago though. You would need a car, but it was nice to be away from the touristy spots around San Juan and experience a more authentic part of the Island. Another option if you have a car would be the Hyatt Grand Reserve - I have not stayed there yet but it is on my list for a future trip.

If you want to stay closer to San Juan, our preferred option is La Concha (Marriott). Nice beach, good location on Ashford Ave, but can get a little hectic around the pools at weekends. Nearer the airport, we have enjoyed two good stays at the Isla Verde Courtyard. Definitely has a more resort type feel than you would usually think of with a Courtyard - beach is very nice, outdoor bar/dining area good for relaxing evenings - plus there is a good microbrewery about 15 minutes walk up the beach. :thumbsup2

To be honest, the Isla Verde courtyard is probably my current favorite as it offers much better value. Its about 20/25 minutes in an uber to downtown San Juan depending on traffic. However, if you want to be in the heart of the action then one of the condado hotels is what you need (or possibly the sheraton in downtown San Juan if beach is not important)

My grand baby just got conditional approval for global entry. I cannot find an appointment in the northeast at all! Like it's not even coming up as a possibility. Any suggestions short of flying to Texas?

Also, do both parents have to be present at the interview or is one enough?

I called about a retention offer on my AMEX Delta Reserve (fee charged last week) and they offered me 15000 points. That seems low. Has anyone received a better offer on this card?

I didn't accept it via chat so I'm thinking about calling in a couple of days if there's a chance to get more.

Did I read here (or somewhere) recently of a 'trick' to get Hyatt points reservations even if website showing no available dates? (I might be imagining things) thanks!

Some hotels have minimum stay requirements on their awards. Andaz Maui was 8 nights at some point and then people would call to shorten it. What hotel are you looking at?

For those of you that have GE apps pending for awhile what are the next steps to check on it? Is there a number you can call or do you email? I ask because I was going to have my mom apply using one of my credits.

My grand baby just got conditional approval for global entry. I cannot find an appointment in the northeast at all! Like it's not even coming up as a possibility. Any suggestions short of flying to Texas?

Also, do both parents have to be present at the interview or is one enough?
Just found wide availability at BWI starting in June. I swear there was nothing when I checked this morning. It's not too bad a trip from Philly.

Approved for Citi AA Platinum card, they pulled my Equifax. I had thawed my Experian because I thought that's what was being pulled but I got a message saying I needed to unlock my Equifax and I could proceed with the application. It was pretty easy. And I was able to get a temporary card, which is great because I have $1,200 in cheer fees that I have to pay this week and they don't take Amex.

Approved for Citi AA Platinum card, they pulled my Equifax. I had thawed my Experian because I thought that's what was being pulled but I got a message saying I needed to unlock my Equifax and I could proceed with the application. It was pretty easy. And I was able to get a temporary card, which is great because I have $1,200 in cheer fees that I have to pay this week and they don't take Amex.
I hope they take your temporary card. I haven't had the best of luck, transactions get declined and Citi then texts me to say something to the effect of not all merchants can be used with the temp card...

For instance, I was able to pay Geico and to pay for parking at the airport for our trip next week. But ordering online at a burger chain or paying for my driver's license renewal got declined 🤷‍♂️

Just found wide availability at BWI starting in June. I swear there was nothing when I checked this morning. It's not too bad a trip from Philly.

I found that refreshing the site in the evening while watching TV yielded good results last spring. I'm in Philly area, willing to drive to BWI or Newark to make it happen. Philly never came up on my searches but I was able to eek into progressively better times at BWI and Newark until I got something that was only 3 weeks out. Newark was closer for me, so that's what I focused on, but BWI would have more things pop up with slightly better timing. Really felt like I was putting those old FP+ refresh skills to work!

I found that refreshing the site in the evening while watching TV yielded good results last spring. I'm in Philly area, willing to drive to BWI or Newark to make it happen. Philly never came up on my searches but I was able to eek into progressively better times at BWI and Newark until I got something that was only 3 weeks out. Newark was closer for me, so that's what I focused on, but BWI would have more things pop up with slightly better timing. Really felt like I was putting those old FP+ refresh skills to work!
Last night we found availability in Ft. Lauderdale on July 4th, and we'll happen to flying out of there that day after a family visit, so that was welcome news!

I hope they take your temporary card. I haven't had the best of luck, transactions get declined and Citi then texts me to say something to the effect of not all merchants can be used with the temp card...

For instance, I was able to pay Geico and to pay for parking at the airport for our trip next week. But ordering online at a burger chain or paying for my driver's license renewal got declined 🤷‍♂️
Thanks for sharing this information. I just tried to pay the fees and it got declined. Thankfully, they said we only had to pay for part of it this week and the rest later, and we still have $400 MSR on DH's SW card. Hopefully there aren't any delays getting the card, a few years ago DH's Citi Biz card never came in, we had to call for them to send a new one.

Thanks for sharing this information. I just tried to pay the fees and it got declined. Thankfully, they said we only had to pay for part of it this week and the rest later, and we still have $400 MSR on DH's SW card. Hopefully there aren't any delays getting the card, a few years ago DH's Citi Biz card never came in, we had to call for them to send a new one.
I applied Friday, it looks like it will be delivered tomorrow (if I'm guessing correctly what the 1 lbs package I'm getting from FedEx will be). DH applied Saturday, and again, if I'm guessing correctly, it's scheduled for delivery Thursday. So you're probably looking at very early next week.

On the SWA Biz card where it says you get 365 $8 Wi-Fi credits per year, can you only use 1 credit per day or is it possible to purchase on mine and DH’s account, which ends up purchasing it twice on the same day? Is the Wi-Fi even worth purchasing. I never get it, but figured since it was free I might …

I actually lucked into a good date as DD is coming to me (DC area) that week anyway.

On the SWA Biz card where it says you get 365 $8 Wi-Fi credits per year, can you only use 1 credit per day or is it possible to purchase on mine and DH’s account, which ends up purchasing it twice on the same day? Is the Wi-Fi even worth purchasing. I never get it, but figured since it was free I might …

We always purchase multiple times per day when traveling. Since it's free usually everyone in our travel party gets it, kids and all.

I have used it multiple times per day. Mainly when changing planes, but I don't see why you couldn't use it on the same flight.

I applied Friday, it looks like it will be delivered tomorrow (if I'm guessing correctly what the 1 lbs package I'm getting from FedEx will be). DH applied Saturday, and again, if I'm guessing correctly, it's scheduled for delivery Thursday. So you're probably looking at very early next week.

Citi sends new cards by regular mail. They'll send only the paperwork first too, which is a big fake out.

It can take a long time. So I tell myself what I tell the kids when they're waiting for a package - it'll get here when you've forgotten about it! 😆

My points hit tonight sometime. Wasn't there this morning, see them there now with today's date. 🤞 you won't have to chat.

My points posted 😁 now as long as qvc actually sends me the sandals I ordered so there's no refund to make up I'm good. They sent me a purse the first time, sticker on the bag it was in even said it should be the sandals.

As my wife has family in Puerto Rico, I have been there more often than I would care to and unfortunately I have to say that our hotel stays there have left me underwhelmed more often than not - especially in the Condado area.

That said.....we did have a great points stay at the Hilton Ponce (on the south side of PR) - it was almost 10 years ago though. You would need a car, but it was nice to be away from the touristy spots around San Juan and experience a more authentic part of the Island. Another option if you have a car would be the Hyatt Grand Reserve - I have not stayed there yet but it is on my list for a future trip.

If you want to stay closer to San Juan, our preferred option is La Concha (Marriott). Nice beach, good location on Ashford Ave, but can get a little hectic around the pools at weekends. Nearer the airport, we have enjoyed two good stays at the Isla Verde Courtyard. Definitely has a more resort type feel than you would usually think of with a Courtyard - beach is very nice, outdoor bar/dining area good for relaxing evenings - plus there is a good microbrewery about 15 minutes walk up the beach. :thumbsup2

To be honest, the Isla Verde courtyard is probably my current favorite as it offers much better value. Its about 20/25 minutes in an uber to downtown San Juan depending on traffic. However, if you want to be in the heart of the action then one of the condado hotels is what you need (or possibly the sheraton in downtown San Juan if beach is not important)
Thank you for all this good info! I'm just starting to look into it so this is a great list to jump off from to do some research.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter