I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

On the SWA Biz card where it says you get 365 $8 Wi-Fi credits per year, can you only use 1 credit per day or is it possible to purchase on mine and DH’s account, which ends up purchasing it twice on the same day? Is the Wi-Fi even worth purchasing. I never get it, but figured since it was free I might …
I have that card and I buy it for myself, my dh and sometimes my kids all on the same flight. You do have to rebuy it again now when the flight isn't nonstop but I've had all my credits post. Is it worth it? SW wifi is very glitchy and I think it works less than 50% of the time for us. But it's free to do it with the Biz card benefit so I always try it unless it's down from the beginning of the flight.

Slightly off-topic (but involves spending some $ so a credit card will be involved): Can anyone recommend some good mens dress shirts that don't need to be ironed? DS is starting a job that requires him to look reasonably presentable, beyond polo shirts and khakis, but not necessarily Brooks Brothers dry-cleaned (what DH insists on--no way is the kid doing any of that). Willing to spend for good shirts that will last a while.

On the SWA Biz card where it says you get 365 $8 Wi-Fi credits per year, can you only use 1 credit per day or is it possible to purchase on mine and DH’s account, which ends up purchasing it twice on the same day? Is the Wi-Fi even worth purchasing. I never get it, but figured since it was free I might …
I’ve purchase it on different devices on the same flight with no issues.

I have that card and I buy it for myself, my dh and sometimes my kids all on the same flight. You do have to rebuy it again now when the flight isn't nonstop but I've had all my credits post. Is it worth it? SW wifi is very glitchy and I think it works less than 50% of the time for us. But it's free to do it with the Biz card benefit so I always try it unless it's down from the beginning of the flight.
I figured as much about it not being the best. I didn’t want to take a chance and be charged $8 for the second device if it wasn’t going to be worth it if both devices didn’t get credit.

I have used for my whole family on flights and been credited for all of us. My understanding is you get 365 in a year, doesn't matter how you use them.

I got my Citi AA card yesterday. Came in regular mail in larger envelope (6” x 9”) not the normal letter size. Card and terms and conditions all in one envelope.

My Chase savings bonus is pending today. My 90 days, since depositing the 15k, was 4/26. Not sure if they are only doing bonuses on Tuesdays or it just takes a week.

I used it on 6 devices when we flew to Hawaii.

I got my Citi AA card yesterday. Came in regular mail in larger envelope (6” x 9”) not the normal letter size. Card and terms and conditions all in one envelope.

My Chase savings bonus is pending today. My 90 days, since depositing the 15k, was 4/26. Not sure if they are only doing bonuses on Tuesdays or it just takes a week.
When did you get approved for the card?

For those of you that have GE apps pending for awhile what are the next steps to check on it? Is there a number you can call or do you email? I ask because I was going to have my mom apply using one of my credits.
I just keep logging in and checking to make sure I didn't miss the email. I'm at 60 days now, no idea what the hold up is. Maybe I've been background checked too much? I work for a school district, officiate youth sports and have a gun permit, all of which results in yearly background checks.

Just a post to say that having a healthy stash of URs came in very handy this week. My sister had major surgery about an hour from her home, her DH has vision issues that prevent him from driving so I (who flew in from another state) and her adult DD have been both shuttling him and staying with her at the hospital. After one of my nights on the awful love seat, I looked to see if I could book the attached hotel with URs. It’s 13k/night and the room is lovely. Rack rate was $170+tax, so it was nice not to spend an unexpected $350 and have a nice bed. Redemption value — who cares, this made it easier for me and didn’t make my sister/b-i-l feel bad about me spending money.

I booked my flight home via Cap 1 travel and after the $300 travel credit the flight home is less than $100 out of pocket.

For those of you that have GE apps pending for awhile what are the next steps to check on it? Is there a number you can call or do you email? I ask because I was going to have my mom apply using one of my credits.

We just log in periodically whenever we remember to check on the status. It hasn't moved and he won't get it in time for his international trip, so he is no longer planning to use it.

If he gets approved while he is out of the country, I may help Mom apply and hopefully, they can do their interviews upon re-entry into the US. Otherwise, we will forget it exists.

My immediate family of 4 all got conditionally approved within 48 hours, some the next morning. And as the 4 of us will be traveling together, it will be very convenient!

Slightly off-topic (but involves spending some $ so a credit card will be involved): Can anyone recommend some good mens dress shirts that don't need to be ironed? DS is starting a job that requires him to look reasonably presentable, beyond polo shirts and khakis, but not necessarily Brooks Brothers dry-cleaned (what DH insists on--no way is the kid doing any of that). Willing to spend for good shirts that will last a while.
I recommend the no-iron shirts from Brooks Brothers. It's all I buy for DH, I don't iron and have no plans to (so much so that one time when I did get the iron out my girls asked "what's that?"). You just grab them out of the dryer and hang, they don't really wrinkle if you leave them in a dryer a bit when it's done. They can be pricey but DH has had some for years and they do not wear out. I actually get sick of seeing them first.

I just keep logging in and checking to make sure I didn't miss the email. I'm at 60 days now, no idea what the hold up is. Maybe I've been background checked too much? I work for a school district, officiate youth sports and have a gun permit, all of which results in yearly background checks.
I applied on Sunday for the baby and he was approved today. But he's a baby. I wonder if that's just an automatic approval.

My grand baby just got conditional approval for global entry. I cannot find an appointment in the northeast at all! Like it's not even coming up as a possibility. Any suggestions short of flying to Texas?

Also, do both parents have to be present at the interview or is one enough?
Just one parent is fine. Don't forget to bring the baby's passport to the appointment.

We just log in periodically whenever we remember to check on the status. It hasn't moved and he won't get it in time for his international trip, so he is no longer planning to use it.

If he gets approved while he is out of the country, I may help Mom apply and hopefully, they can do their interviews upon re-entry into the US. Otherwise, we will forget it exists.

My immediate family of 4 all got conditionally approved within 48 hours, some the next morning. And as the 4 of us will be traveling together, it will be very convenient!

It's tough when half your group has GE and you want to speed through customs/immigration. Don't forget about Mobile Passport app, which is free and you get in an expedited line at select airports. Sounds like its as easy as filing out your passport and declarations app on the app instead of paper and heading to the expedited line.

I'm not sure there's any rhyme or reason to how long it takes. DH and DS got their approvals within days. Mine took months. Both DH and I were fingerprinted, background checked, interviewed by DHS and social workers repeatedly over a 5 year period to adopt DS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter