I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Slightly off-topic (but involves spending some $ so a credit card will be involved): Can anyone recommend some good mens dress shirts that don't need to be ironed? DS is starting a job that requires him to look reasonably presentable, beyond polo shirts and khakis, but not necessarily Brooks Brothers dry-cleaned (what DH insists on--no way is the kid doing any of that). Willing to spend for good shirts that will last a while.
You may not want to spend this much, but my DSIL wears shirts from Ministry of Supply. Started by a couple of MIT grads, high tech fabric, easy care, moisture wicking, no iron, etc. DD always suggests I buy him a shirt for his bday. I bought a couple pairs of pants for myself for travel and love them.

I got my Citi AA card yesterday. Came in regular mail in larger envelope (6” x 9”) not the normal letter size. Card and terms and conditions all in one envelope.

My Chase savings bonus is pending today. My 90 days, since depositing the 15k, was 4/26. Not sure if they are only doing bonuses on Tuesdays or it just takes a week.
Yep! Chase loves a batch processing Tuesday. Any bonuses qualified the week before pay out in the next batch, scheduled Tuesdays. Sometimes a holiday pushes it back to Wednesday. Between bank bonuses and support points I have dubbed Tues as "Chase day".

Some hotels have minimum stay requirements on their awards. Andaz Maui was 8 nights at some point and then people would call to shorten it. What hotel are you looking at?
not sure yet, just looking and most nights said no availability,I'll check on length tho thanks!

My Chase savings bonus is pending today. My 90 days, since depositing the 15k, was 4/26. Not sure if they are only doing bonuses on Tuesdays or it just takes a week.

Mine is also pending today, 90 days was 4/27. I bet you're right about Tuesday processing.

Yep! Chase loves a batch processing Tuesday. Any bonuses qualified the week before pay out in the next batch, scheduled Tuesdays. Sometimes a holiday pushes it back to Wednesday. Between bank bonuses and support points I have dubbed Tues as "Chase day".

Darn it! Does that mean I should be concerned that I qualified 4/21 and mine still hasn't hit? I got the checking just after the DD hit and I put the 15k in new funds in plenty early. Not sure where my bonus is...

Chase sure does love Tuesday LOL, support points showed up in P2 last night for my latest Ink card :-)

I just realized Sun Country has no wifi. How I am supposed to book Genie+ in the air??? I thought about asking my son, who will be at home, but I don't trust him at all, to do it at the right time. Ugh.

Got an interesting spam call last night. The caller ID said Capital One. I answered because I'm currently having an issue with them (not credit card related). They guy (with a very heavy accent-not the that means anything) says he's from "card services" and based on my Experian credit report, I'm eligible to reduce my credit card interest rate. 🙃

I hung up because: 1) I don't have a CapOne card; 2) my credit reports are frozen; 3) Credit card companies just don't call out of the blue and offer to lower your interest rate (particularly in a rising rate environment with increased delinquencies); and 4) my interest rates are immaterial to me because I never carry a balance.

So looks like a new (to me) fishing scam...
Its pretty hard to prove from what I've read people catching these fraudsters. There should be more protections for phone systems.

Not sure if anyone else looked closely at an e-mail sent recently from Amex Platinum. Now if you link your membership rewards to Rakutan you can get paid with rewards points instead of cash. Interesting and possibly a bigger bonus for those who value the points at more than $0.01 each.

1683143445515.png

1683143490778.png

Darn it! Does that mean I should be concerned that I qualified 4/21 and mine still hasn't hit? I got the checking just after the DD hit and I put the 15k in new funds in plenty early. Not sure where my bonus is...
Is 4/21 90 days from the 15k being in the account or from account open? I think it is triggered by when the 15k was deposited.

Not sure if anyone else looked closely at an e-mail sent recently from Amex Platinum. Now if you link your membership rewards to Rakutan you can get paid with rewards points instead of cash. Interesting and possibly a bigger bonus for those who value the points at more than $0.01 each.

View attachment 758159

View attachment 758160

I didn't even open the email. I'll have to try it. I feel like before it was only for new rakuten people not those with an acct. But this reads like it's for both.

I didn't even open the email. I'll have to try it. I feel like before it was only for new rakuten people not those with an acct. But this reads like it's for both.
I noticed the same when i read it earlier. There is a bonus for new sign up accounts but this seems to be for everyone.

Is 4/21 90 days from the 15k being in the account or from account open? I think it is triggered by when the 15k was deposited.
My email says:
"Set up direct deposit by 04/21/2023 to get your $300 Chase checking bonus.
Deposit a total of $15,000 in new money to your savings account by 02/20/2023
Maintain a $15,000 savings balance through 04/21/2023 to get your $200 Chase savings bonus.
Complete steps 1, 2 and 3 to get your extra $400 bonus.

After you complete these steps, you'll receive your bonuses within 15 days."

I definitely got the 15k in by February (I got it in right away) and kept it through 4/21. So, that was the date I qualified for the bonus. They technically have a couple more days before they exceed the 15 listed, but it's frustrating to see others who had later end dates already getting their money!

View attachment 758159

View attachment 758160

I have been getting paid in MRs for years, instead of cash. But is this something different or better?

Hm, after looking at the calendar, that is unusual. Did you check your checking account? I seem to recall that it deposits to the checking even though it was for a savings bonus.
Is that the date from the bonus tracker?

My email says:
"Set up direct deposit by 04/21/2023 to get your $300 Chase checking bonus.
Deposit a total of $15,000 in new money to your savings account by 02/20/2023
Maintain a $15,000 savings balance through 04/21/2023 to get your $200 Chase savings bonus.
Complete steps 1, 2 and 3 to get your extra $400 bonus.

After you complete these steps, you'll receive your bonuses within 15 days."

I definitely got the 15k in by February (I got it in right away) and kept it through 4/21. So, that was the date I qualified for the bonus. They technically have a couple more days before they exceed the 15 listed, but it's frustrating to see others who had later end dates already getting their money!

You have to keep it in for 90 days from the date you deposited the 15k into savings. What's the date you deposited the 15k?

I have been getting paid in MRs for years, instead of cash. But is this something different or better?

With rakuten? It's not new or different but you used to only be able to do it when making a nee rakuten account. Now you just need to go into your rakuten settings and link it to your amex.

With rakuten? It's not new or different but you used to only be able to do it when making a nee rakuten account. Now you just need to go into your rakuten settings and link it to your amex.

Looks like I made this change from cash to points back in 2021. But I sorta feel like that was also maybe around reactivating the account from when it used to be whatever site it was before rakuten.

1683164590910.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter