I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

DON’T CALL THE BANK!

Let’s see. We’re exploiting loopholes and rules that banks for whatever reason don’t enforce. Why tf would you go out of your way to alert them to this? For your own peace of mind? Like you said, frontline reps give bad info anyway. That’s what communities like this are for. Seriously, reaching out to the bank should be anyone’s last resort.

1684695920301.gif

ETA: When I say “call,” I also mean chat, SM, write, text, email, etc. This should always be kept to a minimum and only for things you absolutely need the bank to do, e.g., match an offer, close or product change a card, reallocate credit, recon, ask about retention offers. But ffs, ask yourself first - can I ask someone else here, in the game, this question and might they have an answer or DP? Do I want the bank to have eyes on a SUB for a card that I’ve already had and aren’t supposed to be getting again? When you call the bank for something entirely unnecessary, you raise the risk of someone noticing something’s not right, and increasing your chances of a personal shut down and the bank closing a loophole.

Last edited:
Why not? Never heard it suggested not to see if the sub is attached. I often do it when I'm confirming the date I need to meet spend.

I know amex often gives incorrect info when it comes to confirming the sub but some of their reps are just bad.

This is how loopholes die. It’s also only a 4k msr. What’s the worst that happens? You spend 4k and don’t get the SUB that’s not a big risk and if it is then people shouldn’t be doing these loopholes.

I've never booked airline tickets using my CSR points through the portal. I've only booked hotels. Is there anything I should be aware of? I'm leery of booking flights through a 3rd party site.
Do it all the time. No issues. You get the airline confirmation number and just plug that into the airline app for check in and boarding pass. I just add the pass to my apple wallet and good to go.

Last edited:
Thanks for reminding me, mine expires in a few days. Sadly my Target code says I've used tha max number of codes allowed ☹️ and we're still watching Ted Lasso.
ETA: Remembered T-Mobile gives 6 months free Apple TV+ I activated that. 😁

In the Target app, under My Target, there's a Target Circle offers section. It's not on the main page for Target Circle.
Hmmm...wonder if T-Mobile home internet would qualify for the free 6 mos? I assume you are talking about having phone lines.

Returned from Japan late last night. Immigration in ORD was a disaster and we almost missed our connection. We had a 2.5 hour layover and I would never cut it that close again in Chicago. We’ve done 2 hours in MIA and JFK immigration with no issue, but ORD was an absolute mess. We do not have global entry, but it didn’t seem to make much of a difference anyways… even people that did have GE were waiting almost as long as the regular lines.
I’ll do a write up of our Japan trip on the Reddit board within the next few days… and post here if anyone is interested. But we were so completely impressed and shocked by the culture, the respect, the organization, everything. It was truly an amazing country! DH said he would love to move there lol
ORD is very hit or miss. We’ve gotten super short lines, longish lines. Never 2 or more hours. If a bunch of international flights land at the same time, they will be slow. Honestly returning from Costa Rica in March to DEN was a madhouse except for GE. We were the only ones in the GE area. There was no line.
Hmmm...wonder if T-Mobile home internet would qualify for the free 6 mos? I assume you are talking about having phone lines.
We do have T-Mobile cell, no internet, but in the T-Mobile app, I can scroll and see offers like AppleTV+, T-Mobile Tuesdays etc.

Why not? Never heard it suggested not to see if the sub is attached. I often do it when I'm confirming the date I need to meet spend.

I know amex often gives incorrect info when it comes to confirming the sub but some of their reps are just bad.
The first rule of churning is never call the bank. What we are doing here is driving trucks through loopholes. Do not call attention to yourself or the loophole we are all exploiting will shut! Remember the GrAAvy Train?

ORD is very hit or miss. We’ve gotten super short lines, longish lines. Never 2 or more hours. If a bunch of international flights land at the same time, they will be slow. Honestly returning from Costa Rica in March to DEN was a madhouse except for GE. We were the only ones in the GE area. There was no line.

We do have T-Mobile cell, no internet, but in the T-Mobile app, I can scroll and see offers like AppleTV+, T-Mobile Tuesdays etc.
Checked out the app. Do have some offers but not Apple TV. Thank you

You may be aware that I despair of ever using my Virgin miles to book Biz class on ANA. The availability just hasn't been there and honestly I cannot afford hotels in Japan right now (for as long as I want to visit). The fuel surcharges to England are just as much as buying a ticket for cash, so that seems stupid. But I don't want to waste these points!

I just learned I can transfer Virgin points to IHG.

While IHG isn't necessarily a hotel I stay at often, I could use them for an upcoming Disneyland stay for MouseAdventure.

It's probably a terrible redemption "value" but better than losing them all together, I assume?

Anyone have a better idea for me?

You can fly AirFrance/KLM using Virgin miles to many destinations in Europe. Can be pretty cheap in economy, actually. An example fare might be ORD-AMS-FCO (Rome, Italy) for 12k pts + $171 taxes/fees on KLM metal. For biz, looks like it's about 58k+ $293/taxes/fees. London is an option too on AF/KLM if you were looking for LHR specifically.

Virgin cruise?

Amex is being really slow on the Dell credit on the Platinum Biz. I'm on day 11 and still seeing no credit. I looked and I made a purchase back in February on another Platinum Biz and that one credited in 4 days or so.
Same for me. I had a Dell offer on my plat biz that posted after my purchase, but I'm still waiting for the credit. My payment is due soon, so I'll have to pay and have a negative balance when it posts.

Thanks for reminding me, mine expires in a few days. Sadly my Target code says I've used tha max number of codes allowed ☹️ and we're still watching Ted Lasso.

In the Target app, under My Target, there's a Target Circle offers section. It's not on the main page for Target Circle.
How often will they let you use the code? I hope I can do it again...

Do you create new Apple ID's each time you use a 3 month free offer? I used a free 3 month offer and I have been paying for the past 2 months. My Target Circle account uses the same email as my Apple ID so I do not know if this offer would work for me.
I didn't create anything new - last time I used a code thru the circle app, it just automatically did it with no cc attached to my account- this time it made me input a cc for payment when the 3 months ends (I have it in my calendar to cancel before then)

Do you create new Apple ID's each time you use a 3 month free offer? I used a free 3 month offer and I have been paying for the past 2 months. My Target Circle account uses the same email as my Apple ID so I do not know if this offer would work for me.
I didn't create anything new - last time I used a code thru the circle app, it just automatically did it with no cc attached to my account- this time it made me input a cc for payment when the 3 months ends (I have it in my calendar to cancel before then)
You can also get 3 free months through Best Buy. This is how we’ve been watching it. I used my account for 3 months, and have now signed up using DH’s Apple account.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/apple-...ning-subscribers-only/6484512.p?skuId=6484512
Cool- I wonder if I added this deal now, would it extend my target 3 months? Or would it be usesless doubling the sub....

You can also get 3 free months through Best Buy. This is how we’ve been watching it. I used my account for 3 months, and have now signed up using DH’s Apple account.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/apple-...ning-subscribers-only/6484512.p?skuId=6484512
Cool- I wonder if I added this deal now, would it extend my target 3 months? Or would it be usesless doubling the sub....
Yes, it requires a new Apple ID. We fortunately have 4 in our house.
huh...... so mine was the same as last time-

FYI - no need for the reminder. You can cancel now and your subscription will stay intact until the 3 months is up, and then just not renew. I always sign up and immediately cancel any streaming service where I’m using a promo code. Easy!

I have a large work expense that I am allowed to pay on a personal card ($3000 ish) so looking for a new one.
The bulk ($2400) is to a Canadian company, so no foreign fees are beneficial. I can also shift personal spend to reach higher SUB.

Me:
Venture X Visa 7/1/2022
Sapphire Visa 9/28/2021

P2
Southwest Premier Business 12/10/2022
Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus Visa 11/1/2022
Business Unlimited Ink 8/1/2022
Sapphire Visa 2016
Disney Visa 2013
IHG Rewards Classic Mastercard 1993

Any suggestions of what I should do?

For the Best Buy offer specifically I had to use a different Apple ID. I just did it a couple of weeks ago, and when I tried to use my same Apple ID it said I had already redeemed the offer. So I signed up using DH’s account. Since we’re on a family plan it still kept the same login information.

I have a large work expense that I am allowed to pay on a personal card ($3000 ish) so looking for a new one.
The bulk ($2400) is to a Canadian company, so no foreign fees are beneficial. I can also shift personal spend to reach higher SUB.

Me:
Venture X Visa 7/1/2022
Sapphire Visa 9/28/2021

P2
Southwest Premier Business 12/10/2022
Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus Visa 11/1/2022
Business Unlimited Ink 8/1/2022
Sapphire Visa 2016
Disney Visa 2013
IHG Rewards Classic Mastercard 1993

Any suggestions of what I should do?
Maybe a CSP or CSR for P2, they would have to PC the sapphire card they currently have to a freedom card, then wait 4 days to apply for a new card

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter