I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

A reminder of the CSR's free Dashpass through something like 2024. You also get $5 per month in Doordash credits which can be carried over for a total of 2 additional months, so $15 total can stack up.

Right now there is a coupon code THRIVE5 FOR 60% off 3 orders. Max discount per order is $20. Minimum $15 subtotal. Ends 6/7. May be targeted.

We have done Disney several times in the summer, so we are always prepared for Fla weather.
I would love to do Dry Tortugas, but I get seriously seasick, and I am afraid the boat ride would do me in.
Any suggestions on which cities to stay in? Thinking of staying in a couple of places.

I've really only stayed in Key West but if you want to split it up perhaps do upper and lower Keys so perhaps Key West and then maybe Key Largo or Marathon? There's a nice Hilton on Key Largo-Baker's Cay Resort as well as a couple of Courtyard/Fairfield Inn types and a Hampton Inn around the Marathon area.

There's a pricey sea plane option to the Dry Tortugas but every time I look at it, I talk myself out of it--maybe some day, lol. I don't know why since it's such a neat National Park with amazing history (Dr Mudd was incarcerated there) and of course scenery.

Have fun planning!

I've really only stayed in Key West but if you want to split it up perhaps do upper and lower Keys so perhaps Key West and then maybe Key Largo or Marathon? There's a nice Hilton on Key Largo-Baker's Cay Resort as well as a couple of Courtyard/Fairfield Inn types and a Hampton Inn around the Marathon area.

There's a pricey sea plane option to the Dry Tortugas but every time I look at it, I talk myself out of it--maybe some day, lol. I don't know why since it's such a neat National Park with amazing history (Dr Mudd was incarcerated there) and of course scenery.

Have fun planning!
I have seen the plane option too, and price aside, I fear that would make me sick too LOL.

A reminder of the CSR's free Dashpass through something like 2024. You also get $5 per month in Doordash credits which can be carried over for a total of 2 additional months, so $15 total can stack up.

Right now there is a coupon code THRIVE5 FOR 60% off 3 orders. Max discount per order is $20. Minimum $15 subtotal. Ends 6/7. May be targeted.
Do the $5 credits automatically appear on Doordash like Uber credits do through Amex Plat?

Do the $5 credits automatically appear on Doordash like Uber credits do through Amex Plat?
Yep! Once you put your CSR in to doordash, these will auto credit each month and like the pp said, you can store up - 3 mos at a time - so $15 can build before you will lose any. You will also earn dashpass for free and that helps offset fees.

Does anyone know if there's any offers going on this week or next for $100 VGC? I know there was/is one for $200 right now but this is a gift so I don't want/need to get a $200 one.
Don't know of any, it's rare that the $100 go on sale. Staples did it last week of Dec last year. Haven't seen it since. Sometimes you can get the $100 on discount from the website, which is an online only special. But don't recall anything active right now.

Might have to look into CC offers at stores that carry them to get a discount on the fee. There's a targeted Staples offer, and something for a grocery store? I haven't gotten any so I only remember excitedly checking but getting a rock.

Good Morning Everybody!

I activated my 3rd quarter 5% cash back category for my Discover It Card today and it's Gas Stations and Digital Wallets....it doesn't start until July 1 but you can activate it today.

Happy Shopping! :)
So, digital wallets: does that mean anything you can pay through GooglePay/ApplePay is 5%? That's nice!!

So, digital wallets: does that mean anything you can pay through GooglePay/ApplePay is 5%? That's nice!!
I believe so...but I'm a little behind technology on the digital wallets. Here's what the fine print says:

Digital Wallet purchases include some online purchases and some in-store purchases made with your smartphone, tablet, or wearable. Wallets that qualify include Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, Garmin Pay and in store with Google Pay. Apple Pay transactions included in this offer are transactions made in-store or online when using the Apple Pay button. Listed merchants are in no way sponsoring or affiliated with this program. Certain third-party payment accounts and digital wallet transactions may not earn 5% if Discover does not receive sufficient transaction detail for the purchase to be identified as being through a digital wallet. Discover does not determine the transaction details it receives for purchases. Using digital wallets to make purchases at gas stations will only earn a total of 5%.

Who has done an Alaskan cruise to Glacier Bay? We did a Disney Alaskan cruise a few years ago and loved it but I really want to see Glacier Bay. It would be DS, DH and me, so it can't be a cruise line that skews older. Suggestions for which cruise line?
We just came back from a Glacier Bay cruise on Princess, it was perfect! If I remember correctly, only Princess, HAL and NCL do those cruises with Princess and HAL making up the majority. Princess wasn't "too old" for us, but we are 49 and 53 and traveled without kids. I felt like there was enough variety of activities and programming for everyone, for example, I went to an interesting event with the first woman to win the Iditarod. The day cruising Glacier Bay was spectacular! Please let me know if you have any specific questions on the ship (Royal) or the cruise itself. Also, DH opened the Alaska Airline card last year when they started flying direct to Seattle from Cleveland. We had enough points to fly premium economy there and 1st class home.

Last edited:
We just came back from a Glacier Bay cruise on Princess, it was perfect! If I remember correctly, only Princess, HAL and NCL do those cruises with Princess and HAL making up the majority. Princess wasn't "too old" for us, but we are 49 and 53 and traveled without kids. I felt like there was enough variety of activities and programming for everyone, for example, I went to an interesting event with the first woman to win the Iditarod. The day cruising Glacier Bay was spectacular! Please let me know if you have any specific questions on the ship (Royal) or the cruise itself. Also, DH opened the Alaska Airline card last year when they started flying direct to Seattle from Cleveland. We had enough points to fly premium economy there and 1st class home.

View attachment 764555
Looking at 2024, there are 2 Princess ships doing Glacier Bay but the one from Vancouver sails on Tuesdays which would require too much time off work. So our only option would be Princess Discovery from Seattle. Were there educational talks? Other activities? What room type did you have?

Looking at 2024, there are 2 Princess ships doing Glacier Bay but the one from Vancouver sails on Tuesdays which would require too much time off work. So our only option would be Princess Discovery from Seattle. Were there educational talks? Other activities? What room type did you have?

There were educational talks, the only one I went to was the Iditarod one though. However, on the GB day, the ship turned off all announcements and sales pitches and turned the mic over to the park rangers who periodically would share things throughout the day. The guy had such a soothing voice lol. The other ship activities were the typical cruise activities, shows, comedy, trivia, lots of live music. We had an "obstructed" balcony, but it was not obstructed at all, if you looked down and to the right, there was a lifeboat there but that's it, was very pleased with the cabin.

DP: Charged $200 electric bill to my Hyatt card on 5/24, $10 credit already posted. It is dated 5/24 but I don't know when it actually posted just looked today for the first time.
I missed this. Is there an offer on paying utilities out there?

Getting ready to cancel the Barclays AA biz. Is the 5% anniversary bonus only on miles earned with spend or does it include the SUB? I see an anniversary bonus posted to my AA account, but the amount only matches the spend.

Hi I’m new here and I’m thinking about getting an American Express Marriott business card. I haven’t Hi, I’m new here and I’m thinking about getting a American Express Marriott business card. I haven’t gotten any new cards in the past 48 months, and we put about $5-6000 a month on our credit cards. We pay it all off every month.

I currently have a Marriott Chase personal visa card, I have a Bank of America Visa, and I have a Disney premier visa.

My main reason for wanting to pick up the Marriott business card is because the 15 nights will stack with our regular card, which will help boost us up to our platinum level. Our travel this year is a little smaller than normal, and we are going to be short at the end of the year for our 50 travel nights.

I will also make use of the sign on bonus points from this on a trip in March, so that’ll be even better.

The best on scene for a sign-up bonus right now is 75,000 points, but I’m not sure if there’s something better out there I’m just missing.

Getting ready to cancel the Barclays AA biz. Is the 5% anniversary bonus only on miles earned with spend or does it include the SUB? I see an anniversary bonus posted to my AA account, but the amount only matches the spend.
Just the spend. I got enough to make me positive after they deducted points for the "waived" AF.

And I may be behind the times but I thought I had SMd to close my last one. Tried this time and they responded back almost immediately that I had to call. Wasn't a terrible call, just said I didn't anticipate flying AA for the next year and I didn't want to pay the AF. Rep closed the card out and apologized for not being able to waive the fee for my account. I closed a few days before AF would have posted (last day of the month!) and the fee never posted so I think it's good.

Just the spend. I got enough to make me positive after they deducted points for the "waived" AF.

And I may be behind the times but I thought I had SMd to close my last one. Tried this time and they responded back almost immediately that I had to call. Wasn't a terrible call, just said I didn't anticipate flying AA for the next year and I didn't want to pay the AF. Rep closed the card out and apologized for not being able to waive the fee for my account. I closed a few days before AF would have posted (last day of the month!) and the fee never posted so I think it's good.

Thanks! Just SM'd to close the Barclays Jetblue biz and was told the same thing. Guess I'll call and close both at the same time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter