• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

And I'm ready to pay off the last bit of my mortgage. Been delaying it for several years, when I could have been mortgage free, but less money in the bank. Time to take the plunge, right before yearly taxes are due and insurance.

I could cover a couple of cards, but in July so far have the IHG and the Amex Surpass. I should have planned better as now I can't think of a card that would easily get approved, pay a large SUB for the tax and Ins payment. The IHG/Amex are already charged almost to completion. Thanks to van repairs, plus other expenses.

I guess there is always next year. Sigh. Plus the hurt is the escrow account would cover most of paying off the CC. Sigh again.

I was hoping to do a referral for the Ink unlimited, but I no longer see the option to refer a friend for 20k bonus points. The only option it is offering is a referral for Marriott Bonvoy. Is that the case for everyone else? Does anyone know if they will offer a new ink referral bonus in the future?

And I'm ready to pay off the last bit of my mortgage. Been delaying it for several years, when I could have been mortgage free, but less money in the bank. Time to take the plunge, right before yearly taxes are due and insurance.

I could cover a couple of cards, but in July so far have the IHG and the Amex Surpass. I should have planned better as now I can't think of a card that would easily get approved, pay a large SUB for the tax and Ins payment. The IHG/Amex are already charged almost to completion. Thanks to van repairs, plus other expenses.

I guess there is always next year. Sigh. Plus the hurt is the escrow account would cover most of paying off the CC. Sigh again.
I've been toying with paying off my mortgage but I've got a 2% interest rate so I think it makes more sense to keep the money invested.

We are in a similar situation, but opted to not pay off our mortgage because we have a low interest rate (3.5%). We currently don’t have any other payments, but in the unlikely event we need to buy a new car, we don’t want to have to take a car loan out at the ridiculous interest rates right now, so thought the cash would come in handy for that, or any other unforeseen future event.

Not sure how large a purchase you are looking to make but usually the credit limits given on the Ink cards are much lower than personal cards…IME usually in the $3,000-$6,000 range.
Interesting...I figured a business card would be higher since businesses can have some big expenses. It's a DVC purchase so it's going to be at least a few sizeable amounts. More than 6k each so maybe business isn't the best idea.

I could just put it on my current cards to get the points and pay the balances in full. I was just chasing the 0%. I'm not really into churning, just want to take advantage of 0% when you can get 5% risk free now.

SO I got the dreaded "send us front/back image of your license,ss#,and utility bill notice from the Wyndham Biz app..... wwyd? I need to fax all of this stuff randomly for a cc? I don't know if I want to do that....
I had to do this for my first Barclays business card. I was hesitant as well, but REALLY wanted the card so I just did it. I was approved within 2 or 3 days, and I’ve never had to do submit anything again for subsequent applications.

Do you have the Hilton Biz? You could earn another FNC by spending $15k on the card.

I was hoping to do a referral for the Ink unlimited, but I no longer see the option to refer a friend for 20k bonus points. The only option it is offering is a referral for Marriott Bonvoy. Is that the case for everyone else? Does anyone know if they will offer a new ink referral bonus in the future?
The support offer is now up to 40k points, yay! But there have been times in the past where some people have lost their support link availability. I was one of them. Super frustrating. The link eventually came back months later, and from that point on I made sure to always save my links somewhere on my phone. Maybe check to see if you have any old emails that might have the link, check both desktop and the app also. I hope you can find it.

Last edited:
I got really spoiled with DD going to college in Atlanta and having lots of SW points. DS's fall break and Thanksgiving tickets are ridiculous. I didn't want him to have a car on campus first year, but I just didn't realize how expensive and inconvenient tickets are from one mid-sized airport to another.

We are in a similar situation, but opted to not pay off our mortgage because we have a low interest rate (3.5%). We currently don’t have any other payments, but in the unlikely event we need to buy a new car, we don’t want to have to take a car loan out at the ridiculous interest rates right now, so thought the cash would come in handy for that, or any other unforeseen future event.
My interest rate is higher. And I've been looking at cars. I've come to the conclusion that the car industry is riding a wave right now that is not sustainable, even with the electric migration. Right now I drive a hybrid which I love and would go hybrid again in a larger vehicle.

I'm going to see what fall brings before I look at any more cars other than online.

I got really spoiled with DD going to college in Atlanta and having lots of SW points. DS's fall break and Thanksgiving tickets are ridiculous. I didn't want him to have a car on campus first year, but I just didn't realize how expensive and inconvenient tickets are from one mid-sized airport to another.
My son goes to Penn State - plane tickets from State College are INSANE. He couldn’t have a car last year as a freshman, but will be taking one this year. Now I just have to hope they don’t get some crazy snowstorm around the school breaks.

We did just buy another car, and were going to pay cash, but they gave us 0% for 3 years. Um, yes please. Now I can leave our money where it is, earning interest for once.

I went to Staples and picked up $1,600 in Visa gift cards. I figured I'd use them toward my semiannual car insurance premium of $2350 (love having two teen drivers:). I applied them all but it applied the payments to the overall annual amount so instead of my balance for the first payment being $750 ($2,350 - $1600), it's $1550 (($4,700 - 1,600)/2). I'm fine with paying the premium in one payment but it's kind of annoying.

And my weekend trauma involved mowing over a yellow jacket nest. I thankfully was only stung four times plus I had to dig one of them out of my hair. Tonight I tried to spray the nest but the learning curve was steep and I used the entire can without achieving my desired outcome so another can is on its way. Every once in a while I regret being single.:rotfl2:

We did just buy another car, and were going to pay cash, but they gave us 0% for 3 years. Um, yes please. Now I can leave our money where it is, earning interest for once.
I got 0% for 5 years when I got mine 2 years ago. I keep feeling like I want to pay it off and have to remind myself that I'm not paying interest so just keep paying monthly.

What is everyone doing for savings accounts right now? I'm earning 4.3% with Capital One but I'm sure I could do better. I've toyed with the idea of buying t-bills (1 or 3 month) but I'm not sure it's worth the effort.

I went to Staples and picked up $1,600 in Visa gift cards. I figured I'd use them toward my semiannual car insurance premium of $2350 (love having two teen drivers:). I applied them all but it applied the payments to the overall annual amount so instead of my balance for the first payment being $750 ($2,350 - $1600), it's $1550 (($4,700 - 1,600)/2). I'm fine with paying the premium in one payment but it's kind of annoying.

And my weekend trauma involved mowing over a yellow jacket nest. I thankfully was only stung four times plus I had to dig one of them out of my hair. Tonight I tried to spray the nest but the learning curve was steep and I used the entire can without achieving my desired outcome so another can is on its way. Every once in a while I regret being single.:rotfl2:
If the nest is in the ground they are unlikely to go away no matter how many cans you spray. Pest control can come and dig up the nest and make sure that they get the Queen. I had that same issue, although mine was in bark dust a couple of years ago. The nest they dug up was surprisingly large. Good luck.

And my weekend trauma involved mowing over a yellow jacket nest. I thankfully was only stung four times plus I had to dig one of them out of my hair. Tonight I tried to spray the nest but the learning curve was steep and I used the entire can without achieving my desired outcome so another can is on its way. Every once in a while I regret being single.

It's best to spray after dusk. They'll all head home when it starts getting dark. Just spray straight down into the hole. I've had success the few times I've had to do it without using a hole can 🙂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter