I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Thanks all. I guess it's a little disconcerting that there's nothing in UPS MyChoice... even showing up for a future delivery.
My UPS and FedEx experience has been crap. I did get my latest CIU in 2 days UPS and I'm not sure if it showed in MyChoice. Packages however have been terrible. UPS package (from Target) came from NY to IL to the next suburb over (UPS distribution center) and then California. :oops: No tracking was available from IL until it showed in CA (near DLR, lol) and no further tracking although it says delivery today. FedEx OTOH sent a package from Arkansas to W Virginia then back to Ohio to IL and took 2 weeks.
I hope you get it in time and the tracking just isn't updating.

My UPS and FedEx experience has been crap. I did get my latest CIU in 2 days UPS and I'm not sure if it showed in MyChoice. Packages however have been terrible. UPS package (from Target) came from NY to IL to the next suburb over (UPS distribution center) and then California. :oops: No tracking was available from IL until it showed in CA (near DLR, lol) and no further tracking although it says delivery today. FedEx OTOH sent a package from Arkansas to W Virginia then back to Ohio to IL and took 2 weeks.
I hope you get it in time and the tracking just isn't updating.
Oh wow. ☹️ well it’s 6:30 and still no sign of it. I’ve never had a fedex or ups delivery this late (they always deliver by noon to us), so I’m assuming it’s not coming today. I did SM chase and ask for a tracking number if they have it… not sure if that’ll lead anywhere. I can try to hold off the payment until tomorrow late morning, but 1pm is the cut off deadline, and with my luck it’ll come after that 😭

If anyone familiar with Japan wants to give me advice, I'd be thrilled. Right now we are scheduled to fly into Tokyo and out of Osaka in early/mid May. We have ten days to split between the two. I think our must sees are Disney Sea and Mt. Fuji in Tokyo and USJ in Osaka, Osaka castle, and Kyoto. Originally I was thinking of doing 5 nights in each but I'm wondering if I should do 6 in Tokyo. The other thing I'm wondering about is if I should stick with one hotel in Tokyo (looking at Tokyo Hilton or Conrad Tokyo) or do a night or two at the Hilton Tokyo Bay for our Disney day. Trying to work with Hilton points (315k or so), Bonvoy points (250k or so), and a Hilton FNC (I can get another one pretty easily). But I'm okay with other options too. And of course we need a room that sleeps three.

This is the photographer that I used in Kyoto. Coo is excellent and I highly recommend him.

Oh wow. ☹️ well it’s 6:30 and still no sign of it. I’ve never had a fedex or ups delivery this late (they always deliver by noon to us), so I’m assuming it’s not coming today. I did SM chase and ask for a tracking number if they have it… not sure if that’ll lead anywhere. I can try to hold off the payment until tomorrow late morning, but 1pm is the cut off deadline, and with my luck it’ll come after that 😭
Yeah my Target package now says tomorrow but at least I can see it's back in IL. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Purchased an annual travel insurance policy from Nationwide this morning. $79 for emergency medical coverage, trip delay coverage and baggage delay coverage. Basically approximating the coverage on my CSP for the many trips that I'm not paying for so I have some coverage if I need to buy clothes while waiting for United to get my bags to me again.

Did you use him as a tour guide or just a photographer? Curious since I'm thinking about Japan again.
Just as a photographer. I didn't realize at the time that he was also a tour guide and had arranged another guide to take us to some temples and areas that we wanted to see in Kyoto.

Purchased an annual travel insurance policy from Nationwide this morning. $79 for emergency medical coverage, trip delay coverage and baggage delay coverage. Basically approximating the coverage on my CSP for the many trips that I'm not paying for so I have some coverage if I need to buy clothes while waiting for United to get my bags to me again.
nice i paid almost triple that for everyone in my family was this solo or everyone?

nice i paid almost triple that for everyone in my family was this solo or everyone?
This is just me. I travel for both my day job and side hustle on other people's money so I don't get to use my CSP. Last year United left me without my suitcase for 24 hours due to their own and their contractor's incompetence. Meant I had to go to a work conference in the same clothes I flew in, at least with this I could go pick up a pair of khakis and a polo shirt to get by for a day.

Depends ….how much is her tuition and do you have other Chase business cards you could transfer CLs from. Chase business cards normally don’t get the higher CLs personal cards do usually…for me usually in the $4,000-6,000 range

Hmmm, something to think about. Her tuition is about 8K for the semester (housing is paid separately). The only other Chase Biz card I have is the IHG card I just got about a month ago. What are my chances of even being approved for an INK this soon?

Hmmm, something to think about. Her tuition is about 8K for the semester (housing is paid separately). The only other Chase Biz card I have is the IHG card I just got about a month ago. What are my chances of even being approved for an INK this soon?
Hard to say, supposedly Chase has a 1/30 rule for business applications and it’s usually recommended to wait 90 days between Chase applications….but you could try or do you have a P2 who could apply for a card

Last edited:

It depends how fast you've gotten other Chase cards (both personal and business). If you've kept to the 3 month rule, it's probably okay once you're out of 1/30. But you'll want to wait longer after you get this card to still average out to 3 months.

The CIP is at 100k for $8000 spend, AF is $95. If you have a P2, all the Inks cross support for an additional 40k.

Well it's been a good day over here...or past few days. Chase FINALLY awarded my claim for my son's DC trip. After filing back in MAY! Took them over a month once they finally had everything under the sun, our DNA, my college degrees, etc. Finally they could no long delay and deny us! WOOOO! $1300 we got back! But seeing the PITA it was, I may opt for insurance outside of Chase. UGH.

My daughter got her discover card, and I logged into my account to see I got $100 from her, and clearly someone else. I posted on FB it's a great starter card for everyone having kids head off to college and they get $100 free. Looks like someone took me up on it, LOL.

I decided to have one more go at Caesar's. I tweeted them and included my video from 7/11. An exec reached out and offered me 2 free nights at Nobu whenever I want (Super Bowl and NYE excluded). And to think all I wanted was the room charge of $70! Considering the rates of Vegas on the weekend, I'm thrilled! It says any night they have availability. And also no resort fees, and premium room. Again, I just wanted the $70 covered. So add this into the over and above :)

Oshkosh! My parents travel all over the world every year and my dad never lets them miss Oshkosh haha Never really see anyone else mention it!

I only now know about Oshkosh because of my BF. Not because he's a plane nerd who goes....rather that's when the 200% trips are available like crazy. I'm bummed because he ended up w/ Covid and had to turn down some great ones like San Juan. AHHHHH, LOL.

Is the $75 credit on the SW Priority card calendar year or cardholder year? If it's cardholder year can I assume it has reset when my annual fee and anniversary points post?

Last edited:
A Chase story....
Still no CIU, which they said they were expediting on Friday, with ETA of 1-2 biz days.
Sent a SM to Chase 22 hours ago, asking for tracking on the expedited card, and have not heard back.
Had to pay $2000 on a card with no MSR.
...the End.

Moral of the story: If you have a big spend coming up, give yourself more time to get the new card than I did!

Last edited:
Is the $75 credit on the SW Priority card calendar year or cardholder year? If it's cardholder year can I assume it has reset when my annual fee and anniversary points post?
Cardholder year.

If you look on the chase website (not sure if/where in the app), in the benefits for the card it'll say that it resets after the statement closing in "X" month. It's usually linked to the AF but could be off if you have adjusted your closing date at some point. My $75 resets a month ahead of my AF now because of the way my closing date got changed.

We land in DC in the morning before flying to Germany the next day. We were thinking we would try hanging around at the hotel most of the day but now wondering if ds will be too bored to do that even if we swim. We’re considering visiting the Air Museum but wondering what the best way to get there is from our hotel. I’m assuming we’ll have to use Uber or something like that and we’ve never done that with ds. Dh and I have only used it once or twice. Is it pretty safe in that area?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter