• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Need some advice. I have a large spend to put on a cc (ahem, DVC payment) and wanted some advice about what to do. P2 and I are both 3/24. I have CSP; he does not but can usually use mine--we missed the elevated bonus and have no immediate need for points so I figured I'd wait).

Cards I'm considering (we can each open one and make SUB I think, even if its high):
Capital One X
Capital One Venture X (is the $300 travel credit the reason this one is better? I see it recommended but it seems like both are 2x on everything)
Amex Green (I think--read about this one but wasn't even considering an Amex til then
Ink Business Preferred

P2 particularly prefers less complicated. Thoughts/advice?

I don't post much but read often and very impressed by how y'all do this.
I think we all start like that. I read here a long time before I posted. I think my first postings were about trying to get approval for a CSR, it took me THREE retention calls (always leaned toward the baptism by fire method so I guess it tracks 😆) and I started posting here as I was losing my mind in between calls that day. The most I churned at that point was an AA card lol. (All I needed was a rep who was willing to pass over an AU card on my report 🙄 )

Congrats on Barcelona!! And Welcome To The Club! Once you’ve booked a flight with miles earned just because you wanted the bonus on a credit card you have entered the world of churning 😉

Need some advice. I have a large spend to put on a cc (ahem, DVC payment) and wanted some advice about what to do. P2 and I are both 3/24. I have CSP; he does not but can usually use mine--we missed the elevated bonus and have no immediate need for points so I figured I'd wait).

Cards I'm considering (we can each open one and make SUB I think, even if its high):
Capital One X
Capital One Venture X (is the $300 travel credit the reason this one is better? I see it recommended but it seems like both are 2x on everything)
Amex Green (I think--read about this one but wasn't even considering an Amex til then
Ink Business Preferred

I would stay away from anything affecting your 5/24. Save those slots for really worthy bonuses. Like Ventures are good bonuses but with all the business cards out there why bother? Since Ink cards are so easy to grab I might go that route. Do they let you split payments? One of you could get one and refer the other. Bank 2 bonuses and a referral. Alternatively if you’re more into MRs grab Biz Plats (assuming they take Amex, I have never bought DVC) if you’re targeted for elevated offers.

I would stay away from anything affecting your 5/24. Save those slots for really worthy bonuses. Like Ventures are good bonuses but with all the business cards out there why bother? Since Ink cards are so easy to grab I might go that route. Do they let you split payments? One of you could get one and refer the other. Bank 2 bonuses and a referral. Alternatively if you’re more into MRs grab Biz Plats (assuming they take Amex, I have never bought DVC) if you’re targeted for elevated offers.
DVC takes Amex! Our second DVC purchase gave us two MSRs, both Amex Biz Plats. At the time the cards had 0% APR for year, they should bring that back.

Thanks. I believe they do, but I can call and ask first. It's split into several payments and I think each is like 5k, so we could do one, switch the card for the next, and so on.

It sounds like I should pass on Amex for now as I have no idea what I'm doing. My husband has a platinum business card from work and I don't understand it at all.

Capital One X
Ink Business Preferred

I would also opt for the Chase Ink Preferred. 100k bonus for $8k spend (normally $15k) with $95AF. The support bonus if 40k Chase points as well, so if one of you already have an Ink, you can support the other. The applicant needs to be 4/24 or under to get approval.
If you have more spend than the $8k, consider one for each of you, because this is sort of an amazing deal with the low spend and the huge support bonus.

If you don't already have a P2 who has an Chase Ink card support link, consider using a support link from over at https://www.reddit.com/r/DISchurners/. You can message the mods over there with your DISBOARDS username, and they'll get you joined to the group, if you haven't already.

Need some advice. My son and I head to Naples tomorrow for a week. Last trip before he heads to college. I asked if he was interested in BG Tampa for one day and he said he would rather do Disney or Universal.

I still have my Platinum credit for FHR. Portofino Bay is $786--good grief. JW Marriott Bonnet Creek is $269. I also have one day left on a park hopper. My son does too but I'm not sure I can find it so I may need to buy him a Disney ticket. If we did Universal we would want one day, two park tickets.

I haven't been to WDW since 2016 and I know everything is different and I don't have a lot of time to figure it out. Very familiar with Universal.

Any suggestions?

For anyone who's been reading along on my Chase story, I just got this SM from them:
"I see your card was ordered by rush mail, however it has not been shipped yet. You will receive another card which was ordered on the day your account was opened and this card was mailed on July 31, 2023 via standard delivery."
So much for expediting a card... they never even sent it! I must have the worst luck, lol.

For anyone who's been reading along on my Chase story, I just got this SM from them:
"I see your card was ordered by rush mail, however it has not been shipped yet. You will receive another card which was ordered on the day your account was opened and this card was mailed on July 31, 2023 via standard delivery."
So much for expediting a card... they never even sent it! I must have the worst luck, lol.
Oh wow…that’s so frustrating :sad1:

Need some advice. My son and I head to Naples tomorrow for a week. Last trip before he heads to college. I asked if he was interested in BG Tampa for one day and he said he would rather do Disney or Universal.

I still have my Platinum credit for FHR. Portofino Bay is $786--good grief. JW Marriott Bonnet Creek is $269. I also have one day left on a park hopper. My son does too but I'm not sure I can find it so I may need to buy him a Disney ticket. If we did Universal we would want one day, two park tickets.

I haven't been to WDW since 2016 and I know everything is different and I don't have a lot of time to figure it out. Very familiar with Universal.

Any suggestions?
May take too much time for you at this moment, but calling Disney to help recover your son's PH might be good.

Everything is different at WDW but I feel like that means there's more to see you haven't, and Bonnet Creek makes WDW closer/easier to access. In one day you wouldn't get everything done anyway, so you could just go and explore some of the new and relive some of the old.

Tron (MK) and Guardians (Epcot) are both great rides. It's easy to sign up for a virtual queue for the one you choose (can only do 1) on the WDW app. And you don't have to get up early to do it, if you are inside one of those two parks by 1 pm, you can do it at that time. Not sure how long of a message you want since you may not go to WDW, but if you decide to do that, happy to give you crash courses on whatever :-)

Any suggestions?
I can't comment on the Universal option as I've never been there but I will say I went to DL last year after not stepping foot in a Disney park for 4+ years. The app, virtual lines and Genie+ were easy to adapt to, I wouldn't let that stop you. The Bonnet Creek hotels are a nice option as well. Close enough without paying on property rates. Due to the hotel prices, Disney might be the cheaper option.

SW just opened their schedules through Aprilish, and yeesh, it's just outrageous around Easter. Like $780 OW for our destination. Ridiculous.
$780 is crazy OW for any airline, but WN?! Screw that.

Any suggestions?
Disney. That PBR price is obscene.

Concur with calling Disney Ticketing about your son’s missing day, they might be able to help. A quick google search on Individual Lightening Lanes & Genie+ will get you up to speed, many bloggers have write up’s.

I liked JW Bonnet Creek fine. It’s a JW, so it’s a nice hotel. Very quiet when I was there. I didn’t care for the shuttle which visited multiple parks on a set schedule (one morning it was hitting all the parks with MK as the last stop, felt bad for that family!) so do rideshares instead. Food was good but expensive.

Are you looking for 2 nights? If you do 2 nights The Hotel Collection opens up for the credit and sometimes Swolphin pops up in there which would give boat access to EP & DHS.

I would also opt for the Chase Ink Preferred. 100k bonus for $8k spend (normally $15k) with $95AF. The support bonus if 40k Chase points as well, so if one of you already have an Ink, you can support the other. The applicant needs to be 4/24 or under to get approval.
If you have more spend than the $8k, consider one for each of you, because this is sort of an amazing deal with the low spend and the huge support bonus.

If you don't already have a P2 who has an Chase Ink card support link, consider using a support link from over at https://www.reddit.com/r/DISchurners/. You can message the mods over there with your DISBOARDS username, and they'll get you joined to the group, if you haven't already.
Thanks for this reminder/nudge towards the Ink. I'd been half-heartedly considering this elevated offer but you convinced me to act. Used P2's support link and was approved right away.

$780 is crazy OW for any airline, but WN?! Screw that.

Disney. That PBR price is obscene.

Concur with calling Disney Ticketing about your son’s missing day, they might be able to help. A quick google search on Individual Lightening Lanes & Genie+ will get you up to speed, many bloggers have write up’s.

I liked JW Bonnet Creek fine. It’s a JW, so it’s a nice hotel. Very quiet when I was there. I didn’t care for the shuttle which visited multiple parks on a set schedule (one morning it was hitting all the parks with MK as the last stop, felt bad for that family!) so do rideshares instead. Food was good but expensive.

Are you looking for 2 nights? If you do 2 nights The Hotel Collection opens up for the credit and sometimes Swolphin pops up in there which would give boat access to EP & DHS.
I think just one night. Originally I was thinking just one day at the parks but now I'm thinking about two.

I totally agree that price is insane. When did UO Deluxe get so expensive?

I really want to do Disney/JW Marriott but DS is saying he prefers UO. I think he wants butterbeer!

I think just one night. Originally I was thinking just one day at the parks but now I'm thinking about two.

I totally agree that price is insane. When did UO Deluxe get so expensive?

I really want to do Disney/JW Marriott but DS is saying he prefers UO. I think he wants butterbeer!
That’ll be the world’s most expensive butter beer!

So I see TSwift is adding US/Canada dates for 2024. We didn't attempt last time, but have decided to this time, my DS and fiance really want to go. We've all just registered for the chance next week, but I seem to recall Capital One having a presale of some sort last go 'round? Does anyone know how that worked? No clue if they'll have another, but I'm presuming since they are a big sponsor.

*EDIT: I originally wrote my "DH and fiance" 🤣 🤣 🤣

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter