I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Then I went to apply travel funds from SW but the travel funds are in my old name so I guess I need to call them.
Yes, you need to call unfortunately. If you have multiple travel funds, I'd have a plan in place to combine them into a new (dummy) ticket that you can cancel later on as needed. Otherwise it's challenging to know which funds are in which name until you go to use them.

So I see TSwift is adding US/Canada dates for 2024. We didn't attempt last time, but have decided to this time, my DS and fiance really want to go. We've all just registered for the chance next week, but I seem to recall Capital One having a presale of some sort last go 'round? Does anyone know how that worked? No clue if they'll have another, but I'm presuming since they are a big sponsor.

*EDIT: I originally wrote my "DH and fiance" 🤣 🤣 🤣
The CapOne pre-sale never happened last time due to the Ticketmaster fiasco. If I remember right, they let too many verified fans buy tickets and there weren't any/enough for the CapOne pre-sale so they canceled it. If I had to guess, they're not even going to bother with it this time, unfortunately.

We went to Tampa night 2 and are trying for Miami or New Orleans this time *fingers crossed*

If you have time, check out the Disney exhibit at the American History Museum. It is on my list to get there before it closes next year! https://www.si.edu/exhibitions/mirror-mirror-us-all-disney-parks-and-american-narrative-experience:event-exhib-6659
I will have a little time Thursday morning before I have to fly home. I may take a walk over there and see.
Do you pay for EBCI right away or wait? I ask because your boarding position is determined by the date you purchased EBCI, including any times you reprice if the price changes.

But I feel you, Orlando can be tough with the family boarding. Not sure how many in your party, but perhaps getting one seat with the upgraded boarding would be cheaper than EBCI for all and that person could secure a seat or two for the rest (don’t flog me y’all).
Changing a flight for price reasons does not change the EBCI purchase time. If you change to a different flight it will. There was a test done in the SW thread on the Transportation board in I believe April. Poster and her husband had flights and EBCI purchased on release day on separate PNR. She changed her flight to get a $10 TF when the price went down about 6 weeks out, his flight was never changed. They ended up with sequential boarding positions. Many instances of this over at FlyerTalk as well.

Dh, ds, dd, myself and dd's boyfriend are all registered. One of us better get tickets!! She's doing 6 shows here -- the most by any performer at the Rogers Centre and every single one will sell out. Thank goodness we live close to the arena -- we won't have to worry about parking or a hotel stay, both of which I'm sure will be very costly for her show dates.

Me, DH (well me as him), DS, DSFiance, DS, DSWife all registered. Really only DS+Fiance really want to go badly, but I'd happily go for (almost) any live music and this one seems to be sensational. They just didn't/couldn't devote an entire day for the first go round on-sales.

I think I picked 1 TO date during my registration but between the 6 of us, we hit all the locations (not all dates obviously).

The CapOne pre-sale never happened last time due to the Ticketmaster fiasco. If I remember right, they let too many verified fans buy tickets and there weren't any/enough for the CapOne pre-sale so they canceled it. If I had to guess, they're not even going to bother with it this time, unfortunately.

We went to Tampa night 2 and are trying for Miami or New Orleans this time *fingers crossed*

Ok, I wasn't sure if that was a thing that happened. A friend's daughter's husband got their tickets (in Kansas City) and I thought she said she was glad her DH had a Cap1 card. But that's like the game of telephone+TSwift so who knows of the accuracy, lol.

Depends on the Hyatt Place - I have stayed at quite a few lately and maybe just over half had digital keys - but even some of those required me to go to the desk before my digital key would activate. You would be taking a risk and if for some reason it didn't work - many hotels have a minimum 21yo policy for checkin.
That's her issue. No one will book a hotel for an 18 yo. She can't get a place to stay. Any way of telling which HP have digital key? It does says digital check in available.
Anyone have any ideas whether Hilton Doubletree or Marriott Aloft might work?

Last edited:
Sorry I didn’t mention that lol. Dulles airport and the Udvar-Hazy
Its great! If you go to the lowest level there is an elevator to a tower where you can watch planes take off and land too. They come in waves but when its a landing wave its really crazy to see them come in- I think your little guy is close in age to my littlest guy and he loved that!

Card related because I'd use a card to pay for it...

We are considering purchasing a week (an additional week...we have one already around spring break) at our timeshare condo in Carlsbad (CA). We are looking at the week that would, most years, include Christmas Day.

We are in Phoenix so it's an easy drive- there is no concern about flights or anything.

Do any of you regularly travel over Christmas, or do you have any thoughts about being gone, every year, around that time?

For reference we only have one child (16) left at home, and Christmas isn't huge in our family other than we try to have Christmas dinner with the kids and grandparents every year (either on the day itself or the day before/after depending on what my "kid" schedule is with my boys' dad).

I know I love the location and we are definitely interested in a second week each year, but I'm worried that I'd regret getting that specific week.
I hope you are looking at buying resale from a current owner who needs to sell their week and not overpaying by buying from the Developers.

Last edited:
That's her issue. No one will book a hotel for an 18 yo. She can't get a place to stay. Any way of telling which HP have digital key? It does says digital check in available.

Pre-covid, we had a hard time finding a room for DD1 (20 at the time) to check into for an interview for her internship. We ended up finding a best western that would allow it, but I had to make a bunch of calls to find one that would work.

Its great! If you go to the lowest level there is an elevator to a tower where you can watch planes take off and land too. They come in waves but when its a landing wave its really crazy to see them come in- I think your little guy is close in age to my littlest guy and he loved that!
That sounds cool! I think he would like that. Did you do the IMAX theater?

For those that might remember the "My stepdaughter changed the STATE of her wedding after I'd made all my reservations" debacle... we finally have reached the (small) silver lining.

The airfare to the new location was less that the original location, and SW refunded that as a credit (of course...) so just now I booked our tickets next April 6th to fly us into the eclipse zone for the April 8th eclipse.

With the credit, it only cost $76 OOP for me and my two daughters. We had used points for H's flight, and his flight is only costing us $5.60 (taxes) OOP, **PLUS** there are a few points leftover to apply against his return ticket after the next schedule release. (We want to return on the 9th, and the new schedule cuts off at the 8th...)

So hey, it's not some of the exotic locations y'all have been posting, but I really loved the last eclipse and I'm geeked I get to see another one!!!

Have you tried Embassy Suites? DD and 2 HS friends stayed at the ES in Midtown Manhattan when they were first years in college. All were 18 and they didn't have an issue checking in. Not sure if someone used a parent's name to book the room though.

ETA - I think it was actually a Hilton Garden Inn or a Courtyard (unless they moved the hotel). Sorry I'm not 100% sure.

Last edited:

Under Amenities for each hotel Digital Checkin and Digital Key are often listed separately, though some hotels do not have digital key on that list, but still offer it so it is not 100% accurate for all properties.

My DD19 has had success booking hotels a couple times, but not with the major brand name hotels. Has been smaller local hotels that seem to be more flexible in allowing 18yo+ to checkin.

For those that might remember the "My stepdaughter changed the STATE of her wedding after I'd made all my reservations" debacle... we finally have reached the (small) silver lining.

The airfare to the new location was less that the original location, and SW refunded that as a credit (of course...) so just now I booked our tickets next April 6th to fly us into the eclipse zone for the April 8th eclipse.

With the credit, it only cost $76 OOP for me and my two daughters. We had used points for H's flight, and his flight is only costing us $5.60 (taxes) OOP, **PLUS** there are a few points leftover to apply against his return ticket after the next schedule release. (We want to return on the 9th, and the new schedule cuts off at the 8th...)

So hey, it's not some of the exotic locations y'all have been posting, but I really loved the last eclipse and I'm geeked I get to see another one!!!
We are doing an eclipse viewing trip to! We are doing Niagara, where did you pick?!

Add me to the eclipse "trip" list. It's not much of a trip for us though because we are not far from Indy. I booked one night at the Conrad on points about 6 weeks ago. Somehow, they had not jacked up their rates yet so I got very lucky. We saw the last eclipse and it was amazing. We are close enough we could have done a day trip. However, last time I did that and it took us about 6 hrs to make what is normally a 2 hr drive home. It was an absolute nightmare traffic situation and we had 5 kids in the van. We will stay the night this time.

Your statement is a little confusing. Is that new? I always read that if you just modify for price changes and keep the same confirmation number that your EB position stays the same. I rarely buy EB so have not experienced myself.
Changing a flight for price reasons does not change the EBCI purchase time. If you change to a different flight it will. There was a test done in the SW thread on the Transportation board in I believe April. Poster and her husband had flights and EBCI purchased on release day on separate PNR. She changed her flight to get a $10 TF when the price went down about 6 weeks out, his flight was never changed. They ended up with sequential boarding positions. Many instances of this over at FlyerTalk as well.

I actually think I "learned" that here, so perhaps it's not how I understood it. @EACarlson's info seems to be the correct info.

Your statement is a little confusing. Is that new? I always read that if you just modify for price changes and keep the same confirmation number that your EB position stays the same. I rarely buy EB so have not experienced myself.
Following because I'm totally confused by this too. I wanted to buy EB for my winter break flights but if I change the flight it won't be worth it...

Please refresh my memory on churning the CSP for the SUB - it's every 48 months - right? DH had this card several years ago, just for a year. If it has been more then 48 months, can I "support" him again for the SUB? I will wait for an elevated offer, but want to be ready.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter