I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Regular tsa is not fun! And I’m flying out of a not big airport. Dreading coming back through fll without precheck.

More airports need spot saver you can sign up for TSA. SEA has it and I think it's been helpful. I looked at fll site and don't see anything about it.

Way too early to be getting up. Excited for a weekend ar DLR but still salty that dl changed the nice 740a flight I booked to 630a. At least I live close to the airport.

Have you tried Embassy Suites? DD and 2 HS friends stayed at the ES in Midtown Manhattan when they were first years in college. All were 18 and they didn't have an issue checking in. Not sure if someone used a parent's name to book the room though.

ETA - I think it was actually a Hilton Garden Inn or a Courtyard (unless they moved the hotel). Sorry I'm not 100% sure.

Under Amenities for each hotel Digital Checkin and Digital Key are often listed separately, though some hotels do not have digital key on that list, but still offer it so it is not 100% accurate for all properties.

My DD19 has had success booking hotels a couple times, but not with the major brand name hotels. Has been smaller local hotels that seem to be more flexible in allowing 18yo+ to checkin.
I did manage to find a Hilton in Milwaukee that lists 18 after spending an hour checking all the hotels. Lol. I decided not to risk the digital check-in/digital key thing. The hotel is $200/night and I don’t have enough points for 2 free nights they need so they are not thrilled with that price to see a concert. At least they have an option now. Thanks

I actually think I "learned" that here, so perhaps it's not how I understood it. @EACarlson's info seems to be the correct info.
When EBCI first came out it worked the way you said. I had rebooked a trip to get back points, kept the same confirmation number and it gave me a lower number even though I bought EBCI on the day of release and my friend bought it later on but before I rebooked my flight.

Sounds like they have changed it so if you keep the same confirmation number the original purchase date is used.

Please refresh my memory on churning the CSP for the SUB - it's every 48 months - right? DH had this card several years ago, just for a year. If it has been more then 48 months, can I "support" him again for the SUB? I will wait for an elevated offer, but want to be ready.
It’s 48 months from when he received the bonus, not opening the card so if he got the bonus at least 48 months ago you can support him for a new one…as long as he’s under 5/24 and does not have any sapphire card.

Last edited:
More airports need spot saver you can sign up for TSA. SEA has it and I think it's been helpful. I looked at fll site and don't see anything about it.

Way too early to be getting up. Excited for a weekend ar DLR but still salty that dl changed the nice 740a flight I booked to 630a. At least I live close to the airport.
tsa scanner is your friend got my DD an appointment from it well worth the $ imo

also looks like the sucia cards for japan are discontinued not sure how thats going to work as i dont think they support android do they? I'm going to try

also looks like the sucia cards for japan are discontinued not sure how thats going to work as i dont think they support android do they? I'm going to try

They don't. I would do some googling. The fb group I follow talks about another version you can get but you can't get a refund if you don't use it all. It requires registering a name to it.

This is a small reason why I got an old iPhone esp since you can fund it with a credit card. The apple pay also worked for getting USJ tix directly through them instead of having to do klook. Feel like I got better express pass options that way.

They don't. I would do some googling. The fb group I follow talks about another version you can get but you can't get a refund if you don't use it all. It requires registering a name to it.

This is a small reason why I got an old iPhone esp since you can fund it with a credit card. The apple pay also worked for getting USJ tix directly through them instead of having to do klook. Feel like I got better express pass options that way.
the refundable card is discontinued i thought.

For those that are Costco junkies... I just got my first membership! (Thanks Groupon) We've always been Sam's Club members, just because I always get it almost free (through Groupon or other saving methods), and I can never argue with free, lol. But we've heard SOOO many positive things about Costco, so we finally bit the bullet when I saw that nice Groupon deal come along.

I'd love to know about travel hacks through them... I feel like you guys have talked about cruises, or rental cars, saving through Costco? and maybe even things like car insurance? Please inform me of what I don't know! :scratchin

We are doing an eclipse viewing trip to! We are doing Niagara, where did you pick?!
OOOoohh!!! A Niagara trip would have been AMAZING!!! I'm jealous!!! :)

I, however, am trying to "volksmarch the 50 states," and we already did NY... so I randomly picked a place on the Missouri/Indiana border to knock out both those states-- and my husband got all excited because apparently that's where his fraternity headquarters is 🙄 -- plus my Stepdaughter lives a few hours away and she will probably make the drive to join us. So a little bit of "something for everyone."

Time for me to put my 'want' out there.

I have an upcoming $4K bill, and possibly a $2K bill.

Latest cards:

July 2022 - Disney premier fee card $49 fee $300sub, $100 referral and enough points earned to cover fee
and now downgraded to no annual fee Disney card resulted in $400 in value for $1k spend

Mid December 2022 - FNBO Amtrak to save my points with a no fee card on auto pilot - personal card

March 2023 - CIU Biz

June 28, 2023 - IHG Biz 165K offer - spend complete

July 19, 2023 - HHonors Surpass - DOC offer - personal card - spend complete

I now have 5 AMEX CC's. At 3/24. Will probably try an MR card after Xmas.

Will I be safe to app another CIU or CIC? Probably CIU to get the 1 and 1/2 since I won't have to buy gift cards.

Mostly I don't want the spend to go to waste.

It’s 48 months from when he received the bonus, not opening the card so if he got the bonus at least 48 months ago you can support him for a new one…as long as he’s under 5/24 and does not have any sapphire card.
Thanks. We don’t really churn so he’s definitely under 5/24. I am fairly certain it was more than 48 months since receiving bonus but will double check.

He is an AU on my CSP. But that shouldn’t matter - right?

(I know the general consensus here about not doing AUs. But since we don’t really churn or chase SUBs I did recently get him an AU card for my CSP because of an international trip. I wanted to keep all our spending on one account.)

Regular tsa is not fun! And I’m flying out of a not big airport. Dreading coming back through fll without precheck.
No TSA Pre?! EEEEWWWW!

For those that are Costco junkies... I just got my first membership! (Thanks Groupon) We've always been Sam's Club members, just because I always get it almost free (through Groupon or other saving methods), and I can never argue with free, lol. But we've heard SOOO many positive things about Costco, so we finally bit the bullet when I saw that nice Groupon deal come along.

I'd love to know about travel hacks through them... I feel like you guys have talked about cruises, or rental cars, saving through Costco? and maybe even things like car insurance? Please inform me of what I don't know! :scratchin
My friend likes to use them for easy travel, one package booking for a hotel/car/air trip to HI instead of 3 separate bookings but then you can’t use any of your points so no appeal to me. Used to be good for car rentals but according to the transportation board people are now finding booking direct with AAA discounts is cheaper. Costco sometimes sells discounted Alaska & WN GCs. I always like to get Landry’s gc from them as they’re 20% off.

Can I buy this for another person?

Update: Well I put in the other person's info and it went to their email so I guess it worked.

Last edited:
That's her issue. No one will book a hotel for an 18 yo. She can't get a place to stay. Any way of telling which HP have digital key? It does says digital check in available.
Anyone have any ideas whether Hilton Doubletree or Marriott Aloft might work?
If you have a Hilton account and the app, have her log in as you on the app and have her as a second person in the room. If the Hilton advertises digital key. She checks in as you, then even if she needs to go to the desk for something, she is on the room. This is what my wife does anytime she travels without me. I have status and she does not.
Following because I'm totally confused by this too. I wanted to buy EB for my winter break flights but if I change the flight it won't be worth it...
If you change to a different flight, it will reset the EB purchase time to when you made that change. If you take advantage of price drops but don't change anything else, your EB purchase time stays with the original time.

I did my first credit card points thing, the IHG card. I paid $99 and I got enough points to cancel out my $1059 reservation next Feb.

Now I need points to fly on American Airlines to Rome next April. It looks like we have several options for our timeframe from about 51-55k points. I saw the citi aa card gives 50, should I just do that? Or would you all recommend a different card? Ty!!

I registered for the Sunday tickets in Indi and Miami. Hoping less people sign up for Sundays.
Just yesterday my brother was registering for another location, and having a huge overthinking problem trying to decide which day would be the best bet for getting tickets. He also chose Sunday hoping nobody would want to go out with kids on Sunday night. Looks like you (and probably many others) had the same idea 😂

I'll be interested to see what others say on this too. We joined last year during a similar promo - I ended up upgrading to the $120 membership to get the 2% back because I booked our extended family Alaska cruise through them. At the time they had the best price and we ended up getting $1450 in Costco cash back to spend (in addition to the 2% that I'll be getting at the end of the year).

The closest one to us is about 35 minutes away, but it's an area we go to pretty often. We try to get our gas there because they seem to be about 30 cents a gallon cheaper than everywhere else. We've also gotten good deals on rental cars through them and I like that they have the extra driver for free. DH typically drives all the time on vacation, but it's nice for the option to be there if needed.

The one downside we had with booking our Princess cruise through them was that they do not take AmEx and I was working on a SUB, so disappointed that I couldn't use it to pay for everything. The other thing when using their travel department is that you are always talking to a different representative. I didn't have to call for much, but could be a concern for some depending on the level of support you are used to getting from a travel agent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter