I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

I’m not liking the weather forecast for DC tomorrow. We fly in the morning so I think we’ll be alright but I’m not sure about the Munich flight the next day

One of my goals is to fly on an A380 plane. One of the options is Emirates to Dubai and if we did that, would like to stay at the Al Maha. It seems this is going to be alot of points and taxes on the Emirates flights now seem quite high. 2 business class seats from JFK to DXB are 552,000 miles and over $3400 in taxes. The nights at Al Maha are 116,000 -120,000 per night for dates in Feb. We would stay 5 nights so we would get one free. I know no one can answer if it is worth it but especially from those of you who have been there, would you spend this many points/money to go? Thanks

I have flown Emirates a few times in first and once in business. 552K is way too many points for business class flights on Emirates. If the goal is simply to fly an A380, I would highly recommend flying Singapore suites. SQ has been by far my favorite experience as far as service. I would choose an SQ A380 flight over EK with the shower any day hands down. Yikes! $3400 in taxes makes BA flights to and from London seem reasonable. Personally, I'd be looking at other options to get to Dubai.

We've been to the Al Maha twice and absolutely enjoyed it. If I had not already been and I had the points, yes I would spend them and still find it worth it. Having been twice, I don't feel the need to return again and am glad I did it before dynamic pricing kicked in for the Al Maha. That said, I could easily see myself doing a couple of nights as a stopover to the Maldives again.

Plane travel - DD came into Dulles on Thursday after traveling through Miami. She was with other healthy family for a week, other than the plane ride. Last night she tested positive for covid. Itchy, scratchy throat, runny nose and generally achy. We asked her if she tested and she hadn't linked it at all, so took two tests - both came out positive. Although I've long ago given up masks, I think they might have helped her out a bit on the airplane, maybe, maybe not, there's no knowing for sure in this case. Just thought I'd remind that although not as serious, even a simple virus can ruin a vacation. For her it happened on return and she can wfh.

A neighbor/friend tested positive this week, feels pretty poor. She’s got 3 kids home this summer (she’s a freelance writer who WFH when she works) and thinks the only place she was indoors was at the YMCA gym. She had covid about 15 months ago.

I know our local news has been talking about the wastewater monitoring showing big increases in covid in their samples.

We aren’t traveling until late October (and it’s by car), but I’d be careful if you’ve got a big trip coming up and probably mask on a plane in hopes it helps keep me healthy and not ruin a trip. My neighbor (40) has been feeling pretty bad.

Hope your DD is feeling better!

A neighbor/friend tested positive this week, feels pretty poor. She’s got 3 kids home this summer (she’s a freelance writer who WFH when she works) and thinks the only place she was indoors was at the YMCA gym. She had covid about 15 months ago.

I know our local news has been talking about the wastewater monitoring showing big increases in covid in their samples.

We aren’t traveling until late October (and it’s by car), but I’d be careful if you’ve got a big trip coming up and probably mask on a plane in hopes it helps keep me healthy and not ruin a trip. My neighbor (40) has been feeling pretty bad.

I know two unrelated groups of people here and Orlando that have gotten Covid in big ways. One of them were fairly certain was brought home by someone who had been traveling. The other group can’t pinpoint it. I just picked up some tests on Amazon (mine were expired and they’re already sold out locally by me). Ughhhhh

I know two unrelated groups of people here and Orlando that have gotten Covid in big ways. One of them were fairly certain was brought home by someone who had been traveling. The other group can’t pinpoint it. I just picked up some tests on Amazon (mine were expired and they’re already sold out locally by me). Ughhhhh
That’s a good reminder on tests. The last time one of us felt like we had a cold we realized how many tests are expired. I didn’t even think to check dates until my first test didn’t even show the control line! And that was probably 6 months ago! We tossed several but I’m sure any remaining are long expired now.

Our next indoor “thing” is 8/14. It’s not super important so we could skip or sell the tickets (small concert at a performing arts center). We’ve been mostly at our neighborhood pool or outdoor events since getting home from Ireland in June. I’d just rather not miss time at the pool before it closes on Labor Day (well would prefer not to get covid again at all really).

That’s a good reminder on tests. The last time one of us felt like we had a cold we realized how many tests are expired. I didn’t even think to check dates until my first test didn’t even show the control line! And that was probably 6 months ago! We tossed several but I’m sure any remaining are long expired now.

Our next indoor “thing” is 8/14. It’s not super important so we could skip or sell the tickets (small concert at a performing arts center). We’ve been mostly at our neighborhood pool or outdoor events since getting home from Ireland in June. I’d just rather not miss time at the pool before it closes on Labor Day (well would prefer not to get covid again at all really).
You can check your tests for extensions on the FDA website. The ones I have were expired but extended 4 months.

This is an update... :)

As of Thursday, I have enough funds spread around various accounts to completely cover my Summer 2025 Mediteranean cruise! (fare, soda package, and on-board gratuities.) I have been gathering up bank bonuses and rakuten and all sorts of crazy stuff y'all and r/ have been helping me find, in addition to old-fashioned savings. So thanks all!!!

Additionally, between me and P2, we have enough URs to cover 1 of us flying to-and-from start port and end port!

The next page on the spreadsheet is excursions! Yay!

Not sure if anyone posted back in June when this article came out, but it was reprinted today in our local paper and this guy a miles HERO. He purchased a lifetime pass from United back in 1990 and has earned millions of miles. And United apparently loves him! Fun read: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2023/06/23/united-airlines-very-frequent-flyer/
Yeah Tom Stuker is a legend! He is actually a semi regular poster on another forum I'm part of that has more to do with flying than credit cards. He wasn't a big fan of the article as it hit at United in some ways that were not what Tom does or would have said at all. A few things about the WaPo article he wasn't a fan of which he said were inaccurate/plain wrong:
  1. Lie to the first flight attendant you meet inside the door when you board. “She’s the head attendant. I always say, ‘I remember you! You gave us such great service last time. I wanted to thank you again.’ Even if I’ve never met her. I guarantee she’ll bring you all kinds of free stuff.”

2. If you couldn’t book the seat you wanted, keep your phone open on the seat map app as you board. If a blocked seat that you wanted opens up, just take it. “They won’t care,” he says. “They never sold it.”

3. Never check a bag. Never, ever, never. And under-pack. “Every town has laundromats. And stores.”

I've never had the pleasure of meeting Tom since I don't fly too often, but hope to one day with us both being based out of EWR. Everyone who meets/flys with him says he is the nicest person and genuinely loves United and all of its employees. With how much he flys with them, I should certainly hope so! :D

Dh’s grandma is in a nursing home with Covid. 20 are infected and 4 have died. I’m hoping we make it through these flights without getting anything

Wyndham biz app-(sigh) I decided to send the extra info by priority- it shows delivered- now how do I know what's the decision? I tried the online app checker but it says no app within the past 90 days.... I'm lost and wishing I hadn't bothered trying this

Wyndham biz app-(sigh) I decided to send the extra info by priority- it shows delivered- now how do I know what's the decision? I tried the online app checker but it says no app within the past 90 days.... I'm lost and wishing I hadn't bothered trying this
Call the number on the letter you received requesting additional documents and they can move the process along for you. You will have to speak with two additional reps, one who verifies the information was received and processed and then one from their credit approval department. On the latter call, I had to authorize shifting credit from my JetBlue card to open the Wyndham, even though I only had a total of $15,000 in credit lines with Barclays between two cards.

SW credit card question. SUB miles posted on my 3/3 to 4/2 statement. After 2 years what date is it safe to apply again? I know to wait to cancel to anniversary points post just trying to figure out timing of applying again.

Has anyone cruised out of Galveston? Preferred pre-cruise hotel. I am looking at Homewood Suites, Hilton Galveston Island Resort and Grand Galvez. Any recommendations?
We cruised from Galveston in January 2020. My report with hotel review is in my signature. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter