• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Thanks for all the discussion about the lost/stolen cell phone. I'll talk with DS when he gets up for class today. It's within the 48 hour timeframe and it does look like for Vegas you would file these type of reports over the phone, but I'm not sure yet which way we'll go. It looks like he can add an iphone 13 to our plan for $11 a month, so we may just go that way. I definitely don't want him fabricating to be able to put in a claim, so I'll just see exactly what the story is here shortly.

Thanks again!

Is this necessary? I bought physical Disney GC and the charge came from walmart.com (so no reason it wouldn't work).

I think Walmart eGC doesn't work as I see that it doesn't go into cart first. Looks like it goes through Cashstar.

ETA: Anything that gets added to cart first and you checkout as normal should be charged by walmart.com and should work. That's my understanding anyways!

It's been quite a while since I've used a Walmart gift card to buy Disney gift card at Sam's Club. Is that still an option?
I've got several of the Chase 10% off Walmart purchase offers I'd like to put to good use.

Quoting myself again. I posted this on July 12 about my DH's GE application and how despite not getting conditional approval before we left for our Ireland trip, they let him get photo and fingerprints in SNN when we were departing Ireland (they do preclearance in Ireland). When we got home we realized he still needed an official interview but his options included Zoom. We dragged our feet and at the time our next flight was December. Well, today we finally signed in to get it scheduled and the earliest is late November. We're just dumb for not knocking it out as soon as we realized. And of course we're thinking about flying to MCO in -- mid November.

What's the "search for interview" service that I've seen mentioned here? Might try to snag an earlier appt. When I looked for in person interviews, CLT just shows "appts full thru 9/23" as opposed to "next available on XX/XX". It's all our own fault, but I swear zoom interviews were plentiful when we first looked in July. Ugh,
That app that showed available GE interviews was the best $5 I've every spent! When you look at the website for availability it never shows much, but the app updated regularly with lots of options. Because we live so far away from a major airport I had to be picky about when we could realistically do the interview and the app made it work.

Question about Hilton honors points timing- I made purchase (3k+) and then paid in full a few days later on August 17,still no bonus points (new card) on my account- actual pay by date is 9/6,do I have to wait till after that date to see the bonus points?

Question about Hilton honors points timing- I made purchase (3k+) and then paid in full a few days later on August 17,still no bonus points (new card) on my account- actual pay by date is 9/6,do I have to wait till after that date to see the bonus points?
My points came in once the required spend was met

Thanks for all the discussion about the lost/stolen cell phone. I'll talk with DS when he gets up for class today. It's within the 48 hour timeframe and it does look like for Vegas you would file these type of reports over the phone, but I'm not sure yet which way we'll go. It looks like he can add an iphone 13 to our plan for $11 a month, so we may just go that way. I definitely don't want him fabricating to be able to put in a claim, so I'll just see exactly what the story is here shortly.

Thanks again!
I am late to the party here and have not read all the posts as I just keep skipping forward, but have you checked Find My Phone to see where it last pinged? It should keep reporting its location for 24hrs after it was powered off, so might give you an idea of where it last was after it was lost/stolen even if powered off when taken.

I did - I applied through a link on Frequent Miler (or maybe Doctor of Credit?) just before it became widely publicly available. I’m hoping that wasn’t a misstep on my part!

Still no word - and still “2 weeks” per the automated line.
Still no word on my Boundless application yet. Status line still says 2 weeks. It’s been 10 days, but I’ve never had a Chase application take this long. I even called reconsideration today - they could see the application and that it’s processing. I asked if there was any additional information they needed, and they said no. I said that I had a Marriott stay coming up this week that I wanted to use this card for, which is why I was hoping for an update. She said there was no option to push the card through since it was in processing. So impatient!!

Kind of related - I also wanted to apply for the Amex Biz Gold with a targeted NLL offer. I planned to pay our Sept 15 taxes with it so I was going to apply today. I’m guessing I should wait for final word on the Boundless before applying for the new Amex?

I am late to the party here and have not read all the posts as I just keep skipping forward, but have you checked Find My Phone to see where it last pinged? It should keep reporting its location for 24hrs after it was powered off, so might give you an idea of where it last was after it was lost/stolen even if powered off when taken.

Thank you! I did, I went into that when he told me about it and it showed on the strip in Vegas, but he went to the place he had been since he used it and couldn't find it anywhere.

It also had another feature that I didn't know about until trying to find his phone - it had a place I could mark it as lost and have it display a message to call my number if the phone is turned on. So, I guess there's still a (very small) chance that it could be found somewhere, turned on and I could get a call.

Luckily, his phone was decently old and completely paid off. It would be even worse if someone had their phone on a contract and lost it. I guess you'd have to pay it off and then start from scratch buying a new one! That's the thing that bugs me about doing the 13 on contract now, but with it only being $11 a month, I'm pretty sure we'd be able to just pay it off after a payment or two so in that case, we're talking about the phone costing about $400.

thanks - will do! Big question.... how do I change the cash advance limit? never had to do this before

You can SM to lower the limit. Check first what your limit is, it might be low enough that you don't need to.

It usually posts within a few days after the final charge posts (not in pending). Sometimes Amex has delays. If it's any card other than the Hilton no fee, you can check the FNC tracker to see if the total is above MSR.

My points came in once the required spend was met
oh no.....
You can SM to lower the limit. Check first what your limit is, it might be low enough that you don't need to.

It usually posts within a few days after the final charge posts (not in pending). Sometimes Amex has delays. If it's any card other than the Hilton no fee, you can check the FNC tracker to see if the total is above MSR.
...and now I'm blanking on the offer...... I will go search for a screenshot but I think it was the 150k/1 free night offer on the biz...so that's a 4k spend,right? it was mid July when I app'ed

I made a marriott hotel reservation using my Chase UR points. It asked me for my marriott reward number which was new to me. Anyway, now I see the reservation in my Marriott App which I have never seen before. Under "payment' info it has the last 4 digits of a MC that I do not own. Has anyone else noticed this?

That offer is correct. I had a 6 day lag (just this month) between completing spend and points posting. Don't let yourself get worried about it.
now I'm worried b/c (it's been quite a month) I can't recall which offer I signed up on- its either the 3k/130k offer or the 4k/150k offer.....argh!!!! I'm just short of the 4k spend so I think I'll pay some electric bill to be sure

Just to clarify, the MSR on this offer was $4k for 150kHH + FNC. You mentioned you made a 3k spend?

It's been quite a while since I've used a Walmart gift card to buy Disney gift card at Sam's Club. Is that still an option?
I've got several of the Chase 10% off Walmart purchase offers I'd like to put to good use.

That app that showed available GE interviews was the best $5 I've every spent! When you look at the website for availability it never shows much, but the app updated regularly with lots of options. Because we live so far away from a major airport I had to be picky about when we could realistically do the interview and the app made it work.
Sadly the play to buy Disney GCs at Sam’s with Walmart GCs is dead 😢

Just to clarify, the MSR on this offer was $4k for 150kHH + FNC. You mentioned you made a 3k spend?
yes....and since I blanked on which offer I ended up with I just added a bit on my electricity payment to be sure.... this is kind of the ultimate dumb move,not keeping track of what I was app'ing for properly. either way now I should see the one or the other bonus soon now

SO my Cash advance limit is $250....should I SM to lower it to $0? I plan to venmo 5k+ on this cc soon....

SO my Cash advance limit is $250....should I SM to lower it to $0? I plan to venmo 5k+ on this cc soon....

No need to lower it then. They won't let you lower it to zero anyways, I think the lowest is $100. You're charging well above the CA limit, so if it's going to go through as a cash advance, the charge should fail.

Kind of related - I also wanted to apply for the Amex Biz Gold with a targeted NLL offer. I planned to pay our Sept 15 taxes with it so I was going to apply today. I’m guessing I should wait for final word on the Boundless before applying for the new Amex?

I see no reason to wait unless you only want the biz gold if you don't get the Boundless?

I made a marriott hotel reservation using my Chase UR points. It asked me for my marriott reward number which was new to me. Anyway, now I see the reservation in my Marriott App which I have never seen before. Under "payment' info it has the last 4 digits of a MC that I do not own. Has anyone else noticed this?

That's the corporate card the room is being charged to.

No need to lower it then. They won't let you lower it to zero anyways, I think the lowest is $100. You're charging well above the CA limit, so if it's going to go through as a cash advance, the charge should fail.
oh boy.... I'm new to this aspect so what happens if it fails?

oh boy.... I'm new to this aspect so what happens if it fails?

The charge doesn't go through. You might see no charge on your account or a charge and an immediate credit. But better that it fails than be charged a large cash advance fee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter