I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

They will prorate if you downgrade from the EDP to the ED. They will refund if you cancel the card completely. If you downgrade prior to a year, you risk ending up in pop up jail.
Thanks. I don't plan to downgrade or cancel until the year is up. I will downgrade once my AF hits. Thank you!

I think Amex keeps the original anniversary date, so you won't be charged the AF in October unless your anniversary is also in October. The best way to tell when your next AF will be would be to look at when the full $95 AF was charged after you upgraded.

They will absolutely claw back the bonus if you downgrade before the year is up. So make sure you're not off even by a day! I let it go a couple months over just because I'm paranoid lol. I downgrade back to an ED and it's prorated, so doesn't matter much anyways. Then I wait for the next upgrade offer. Last time it was only 2 weeks later lol!
Hmm.. thanks. I SM'd a while back to see when my AF will hit and that will be in October. So now I am unsure when I upgraded. I will have to look into that. I have no idea - LOL.

What @wanderlust7 said :laughing:

I was writing and got distracted and the words were taken right out of my mouth.

But for sure AmEx doesn't change your card anniversary with product changes. They just prorate AFs for mid year product changes. What I recall happened when we were offered a waived AF is they give you the full year for free and then prorated the next part of the year until your anniversary. (like Jan anniversary, upgrade Jun for waived AF, next Jan no fee, next Jun charged for the 6 months until next anniversary)
Thanks. I will look back into other statements to see when I actually upgraded. Glad I came here to ask.

Random question but has anyone ever added zones to their irrigation system? I need to add four more zones and I'm surprised how expensive it is (almost $6,000).

I'm re-doing my backyard and had 21 ugly trees taken down last week (of course they cut my Fios). I can't seed until I have full irrigation because I'm too lazy to move a sprinkler all day:) In good news, the tree company took credit cards!

Note on the CSR upgrade game:
I upgrade my CSP to CSR July 20, 2022, CSR AF posted 11/1/2022
Used Travel credit 7/22/2022, Reset 8/1/2023, Used travel credit 8/7/2023
Downgraded CSR to CF August 28, 2023(13 months after the upgrade)
On 8/29/2023 a credit of $91.68 posted to my CF backdated to 11/1/22 for Annual Fee Refund.
Travel Credit -$600 + $550AF -$91.68 = $141.68 profit?

I upgraded a different CF to CSR on 8/28/2023. Will update when AF post.
DH will call tomorrow to upgrade his CSP to CSR, I guess if it doesn't cost us money to hold a CSR might as well have 2.
Thanks for posting! This was just the motivation I needed to have DH call and downgrade his CSR to a CF. Should have called earlier so we would get a credit. We have a similar timeline.

Upgraded CF to CSR on 5/25/22. Annual Fee posted 9/1/22. Used travel credit on 6/4/22. Reset 6/1/23. Used second travel credit on 6/4/23. Downgraded 8/30/23.

I have already upgraded my CSP to CSR. Waiting on a good promotion to apply for another CSP or CSR for him since it has been over 48 months.

I think my Bonvoy card is in the mail today (Thank you informed delivery).

So I am clear... after the MSR is met, I will earn 5 FNCs (each can be used on a points stay if the points cost is 50K or less)

Do I also earn Marriot points for the purchases I put on it, that go to my Marriot account?

Sorry for the dumb questions... I have had very few cobranded cards!

So I am clear... after the MSR is met, I will earn 5 FNCs (each can be used on a points stay if the points cost is 50K or less)

Do I also earn Marriot points for the purchases I put on it, that go to my Marriot account?

Yep, you got it. It seems like the FNC's might post in batches, I remember some of us received ours on the same day a few months ago.

Since it's a Chase card, the SUB should post after the statement closes. If you meet MSR too close to statement close, there's a possibility they might not post until after the next statement.

You'll earn Bonvoy points as well that you can use to top off to go above 50k if you need to (15k max top off per night). If you need more you can also transfer MR or UR.

I believe I got the email 1 day after I bought my 2nd purchase. (Confirm that your offer was 2 purchases the first time around, I’ve read that some people’s offers were 3.)

Just checked, I got the email around 6pm the day after my 2nd purchase.
Thanks! I haven't received an email, but I see the points in my Delta activity. 😁

Question, I know we can hold multiple CIU/CIC. Can we still churn the CIP? I have two spends upcoming that could knock of 3/4 of the spend in a jiffy, and I'm trying to ease off the other Inks for a bit.

Question, I know we can hold multiple CIU/CIC. Can we still churn the CIP? I have two spends upcoming that could knock of 3/4 of the spend in a jiffy, and I'm trying to ease off the other Inks for a bit.
I believe so…no personal experience but feel like I’ve seen DPs on Reddit…….
if you have a P2 could you cross support so you each get the 40k support points for a CIC or CIU plus the 75k bonus

Last edited:
I believe so…no personal experience but feel like I’ve seen DPs on Reddit…….
if you have a P2 could you cross support so you each get the 40k support points for a CIC or CIU plus the 75k bonus
Yes I would use my support for him but I am looking at the preferred for 100k this time. Looking back we have had 3 each. Last time in 2020.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter