• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

My SIL got back to us and the cruise they’re wanting to do is at the end of September. I’m not sure we could go because ds will be starting VPK and I think there’s an attendance policy for that. We’re gonna have to start following school calendars now 😢
Not sure if all Florida VPK schools have the same policies but the VPK my grandson just started in Baldwin Park has an attendance policy 🙁 no more taking him to Disney, while his parents work

DH just got approved for the SW Biz 120K offer through my referral link! Hopefully this will work out for us to get the CP again. Plan is to change the due date to the 28th or 29th as discussed previously. But I'm wondering when to call to make that change? Wait for the card to arrive first?

ETA: actually, the due date is currently Oct 28. So did we luck out and no need to change? Maybe to the 29th to be safer?
I’ve never tried calling to change the due date, but online I’ve never been able to change it until after the first statement has closed.

Not sure if all Florida VPK schools have the same policies but the VPK my grandson just started in Baldwin Park has an attendance policy 🙁 no more taking him to Disney, while his parents work
I asked his teacher for next year and she said it’s 3 unexcused absences a month but she would work with us if the trip is longer. I’m still not sure we’ll go. I’m not super interested in the Italy itinerary and the flights there would be long.

This talk of moving statement dates has me wondering . . .
I JUST got the Boundless card, and thanks to some surprise expenses will meet the MSR next week (Sept 10 - adding on maybe 2-3 days for some charges to post, so by Sept 13). I'd like to get my 5 FNCs ASAP. My account currently shows my payment due date is October 25 (no "next closing date" is listed). Can I do something to move my closing date and payment date up, so that hopefully I'll get my FNCs sooner? I've got a late October trip to the Swan that I'd love to use those FNCs on.

I JUST got the Boundless card, and thanks to some surprise expenses will meet the MSR next week (Sept 10 - adding on maybe 2-3 days for some charges to post, so by Sept 13). I'd like to get my 5 FNCs ASAP. My account currently shows my payment due date is October 25 (no "next closing date" is listed). Can I do something to move my closing date and payment date up, so that hopefully I'll get my FNCs sooner? I've got a late October trip to the Swan that I'd love to use those FNCs on.
You could ask to have your statement close on say the 15th. My statement closed July 22 I paid the balance on July 25, and I had my 5 certs in my account on the same day. So I would expect your certs to show up before the end of September if you move up your closing date. I think it’s worth a shot.

In my experience with the Boundless (5) 50k FNC offer, the certs were issued within 1-2 days of meeting the MSR, not my statement closing. I have seen others report this same thing. I know that's now how Chase cards typically work. I would do some research online and see if you find other dps that meeting MSR on this card triggers the certs.

In my experience with the Boundless (5) 50k FNC offer, the certs were issued within 1-2 days of meeting the MSR, not my statement closing. I have seen others report this same thing. I know that's now how Chase cards typically work. I would do some research online and see if you find other dps that meeting MSR on this card triggers the certs.
I will add on with my own DP. I hit the $5k spend on June 27th. FNC didn’t hit my account until July 25th. 3 days after my statement closed. I wish I had gotten them in June.

Ok... after discussing this with DH we decided to wait until he hits 90 days before applying for another CIP. Some of the expenses can wait until then and we'll just have to put some of the spend on another card. Not ideal, but it's ok.
I have an unpopular opinion, but I think chase and others will switch to once in a once-in-a-lifetime language if the Amex crack down works out for them. I would do it sooner vs. later. If you applied to a lot of things recently though ofc id wait.

Got back last night from driving with dd to the east coast for her 3rd last semester of uni (she finishes in December, 2024). It is (or seemed like) a long drive -- day 1 was 8 hours and day 2 was 8.5 hours. I packed fruits and sandwiches for lunch so the only stops that we made were for gas and bathroom breaks.

Day 1 we drove to Levis, Quebec, which I am sure not many people have heard of. We stayed at the Four Points Sheraton, which is a 7 min drive from the ferry dock that takes you right to Quebec City (the ferry ride is 15 mins). Next year we will leave a day early so that we can spend a day in Quebec City -- it killed me that we were so close but too tired to venture over. Hit a glitch at the Four Points because I forgot to call ahead and let them know that we had dd's kitty traveling with us and they are not pet friendly. Totally my fault, but she has paperwork showing him as an ESA, which they accepted after I spoke with the duty manager (thankfully). I didn't take any pictures of the room because we were both tired and hungry, so we sat at the desk and ate our take-out. After dinner I walked across the street to an amazing chocolate store and had a small dipped soft-serve cone that was delicious. This Four Points does not offer breakfast of any kind, instead they refer guests to a small cafe, ES Cafe, across the street (no discount for hotel guests). I picked up two "overnight oats" (more like chia seed pudding) and a smoothie for us to eat in the room before we hit the road. I'd recommend this hotel (it was built in 2008 and fully renovated during COVID) and staying on the Levis side of the river because hotels in Quebec City are expensive and they probably a lot charge for parking. Plus the ferry seems like such a nice way to get there. This was booked and paid for cash direct with Marriott (need to get to 50 nights this year to maintain platinum).

Night 2 was in Truro, NS, the small town where dd attends Dalhousie. The best option there is the Hampton Inn and Suites and it was nice. My fav part of visiting the Maritimes is that the people are SO nice and the staff at the Hampton Inn were exemplary (for example, I asked Daniel at the front desk if he had milk for a cup of tea and he opened the breakfast area and handed me a carton; contrast that with the Four Points who I asked for a bit of milk for my tea and they told me how to drive to the nearest grocery store -- I ended up getting some from the chocolate store / ice cream parlor). Daniel was so nice (he's a cat lover too and loved dd's kitty!) -- he upgraded us to a huge junior suite with a massive bathroom). The only downside to the hotel was there seemed to be 2 ball teams (8-10 yr old boys) with 1am curfews -- I say this because there were kids running and screaming up and down the hall until that time. We were so tired that it didn't bother us too much; I would def stay here again versus driving 45 mins further to Dartmouth. For breakfast we both enjoyed blueberry make-your-own waffles and an orange. I rank this hotel higher than the Four Points for the breakfast and amazing staff even though the hard product at the Four Points was nicer. Booked and paid for using the AmEx Expedia spend $150.00 save $20.00 offer.

Flew home in economy class on AC (supposed to be 2.5 hours but we were 30 mins at the gate before pushing back, so over 3 hours in my seat). I had an extra legroom seat in row 12 (right behind biz class), but this particular plane had a solid partition separating biz and economy so I had nowhere to put my legs. Grrr. Next time I'll book row 13 so I can stretch them out under the seat in front of me. Flight was uneventful -- watched Painkiller on Netflix and am loving it so far. I will continue to fly economy class between Toronto and Halifax because I refuse to pay double the points for a domestic biz class flight. Only exception will be if I can get a seat in biz class using eUpgrades.

We had a nice vacation in Quebec City and passed through Levis. I always wondered is it pronounced "Lev-iss" or "Leevies" like the jeans?
We are also driving our daughter to her college program in Orlando and I'm not looking forward to that 17-hour drive. I hope yours has a good semester.

I asked his teacher for next year and she said it’s 3 unexcused absences a month but she would work with us if the trip is longer. I’m still not sure we’ll go. I’m not super interested in the Italy itinerary and the flights there would be long.
We don't have vpk here but it saddens me that policies like this discourage family time. When the kiddos are little (and even when they aren't) travel is very educational.

We had a nice vacation in Quebec City and passed through Levis. I always wondered is it pronounced "Lev-iss" or "Leevies" like the jeans?
We are also driving our daughter to her college program in Orlando and I'm not looking forward to that 17-hour drive. I hope yours has a good semester.
It's Leev-iss, with accent on the Leev.

It's pronounced "Le-V" (the s is silent).

Hoping dd can get off a day early next summer so we can spend a day in Quebec City on the way there. She worked on Wednesday and we left Thursday morning. Her contract went until today, so she had to provide proof that move-in day for res was the 2nd and they revised her contract so that she will have call-back rights for next year.

We don't have vpk here but it saddens me that policies like this discourage family time. When the kiddos are little (and even when they aren't) travel is very educational.
We’re lucky he has a very nice teacher. I bet there are some out there that would be more strict. Ds learned a ton in Germany and even spoke a little German while there. I’ve considered homeschooling since my degree is in elementary education but probably won’t

I have an unpopular opinion, but I think chase and others will switch to once in a once-in-a-lifetime language if the Amex crack down works out for them. I would do it sooner vs. later. If you applied to a lot of things recently though ofc id wait.
I hope you're wrong but who knows? I think we can wait 2 weeks without too much worry, but lifetime language scares me going forward.

You need to set your statement CLOSING date to the 1st of the month. This way your statement will close on December 1st, giving you from Dec 2nd to 4th to finish your MSR and have the points to post in January.
Isn't the closing date 3 days after the due date for SW cards? If so, it should close Dec 1. Am I missing something?

Isn't the closing date 3 days after the due date for SW cards? If so, it should close Dec 1. Am I missing something?
You should be good. I am just super type A personality, and want you to succeed! I wanted to emphasize that you need the closing date to be on the 1st for your best chance of success. It looks like you’re in good shape, and should have a better idea once you have the card. It’s such a tight timeline. I’m rooting for you!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter