• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Not sure if this is the right thread to ask this or not? But, anybody know a time of year when you could redeem Marriot 5 free night certs? Everything I'm seeing has nights during the week that are over the 65k threshold? Any creative tips for how to redeem those? TIA

Not sure if this is the right thread to ask this or not? But, anybody know a time of year when you could redeem Marriot 5 free night certs? Everything I'm seeing has nights during the week that are over the 65k threshold? Any creative tips for how to redeem those? TIA

Where are you looking because that makes a difference and I don't see that in your post.

Othwrwise my answer is whenever you just have to find the right property. Not all will work and some flucuate. You can add points to the fnc as well.

So I'm using my instacart bennie for the first time ever! The BF is in ATL for the month for training. They moved hotels. Literally just the other side of the expressway. GoPuff delivered to his first hotel, but won't deliver where he is now. And the crazy thing is, they have to exit the expressway where his new hotel is...and then drive over the expressway to where the hotel hotel was. So I'm sending him a bunch of stuff via instacart instead. I never use instacart since there isn't an easy pick up for me anywhere. And I'm not about to spend what I just did on the norm. LOL.

Where are you looking? We've used them twice now at an all inclusive w/o having to top off!

If you're like me and let your door dash credits accumulate to 15 you may also be like me and need to use them by the end of the week.

Wish I'd realized this last Monday as I'd have used at least one of them before today. Ordered uber eats for dinner, lazy and have uber gc I won't need for rides any time soon so why not. Leaves me with DD to pu Saturday and figuring out when/where to use grub hub one night this week. Times like this when I wish we had shake shack close. Not a fav but I'd be happy with a gc in a pinch some months.
I'm not sure how your doordash credits work. But last week I used Doordash to get delivery from CVS. I had free doordash delivery anyway, and there was a coupon in the Doordash app - it was something like 40% off at CVS if you spent $30. There was something I wanted from CVS that day, and I wasn't going to be able to get to the store. I just added in other things that I would buy anyway to reach the spend amount.

I'm not sure how your doordash credits work. But last week I used Doordash to get delivery from CVS. I had free doordash delivery anyway, and there was a coupon in the Doordash app - it was something like 40% off at CVS if you spent $30. There was something I wanted from CVS that day, and I wasn't going to be able to get to the store. I just added in other things that I would buy anyway to reach the spend amount.

I know there's things like this but nothing close that I need anything from. I get it's "free" money but we really don't have good options for stores around here. Not using dd credit at a store I don't normally shop at because they cost too much just to use credit.

I wish we had CVS close but they are only near hospitals here and all are at least 30 min away. No more 10 foot receipts for me 😂 Food is the best option on all of these, esp since 95% of the time I pick up.

Where are you looking because that makes a difference and I don't see that in your post.

Othwrwise my answer is whenever you just have to find the right property. Not all will work and some flucuate. You can add points to the fnc as well.
I've been looking at various dates in the spring trying to find any weeks that have all nights under 65K points. I know you can only add 15k points per night on the 50K FNC. Is it possible to maybe use the FNCerts on the lower priced nights and then pay OOP if say a few nights are over the 65K point threshold? This would be the only reason I would apply for a marriot bonvoy card in the future, to stay at the swan or dolphin cheaply :)

Not worried about MSR, worried about those biz cards I get every 3 months. Last one was 7/17.

ETA: well I was worried for nothing. Instant approval!
Your post gives me some encouragement; my last Ink was 5/8 and a personal Bonvoy 8/16. Am planning to try for another Ink mid-October. One of the credit card/points websites says 1 biz and 1 personal within a 90 day period is OK. We have had good luck so far with Chase biz approvals, so we'll see.

I've been looking at various dates in the spring trying to find any weeks that have all nights under 65K points. I know you can only add 15k points per night on the 50K FNC. Is it possible to maybe use the FNCerts on the lower priced nights and then pay OOP if say a few nights are over the 65K point threshold? This would be the only reason I would apply for a marriot bonvoy card in the future, to stay at the swan or dolphin cheaply :)
Spring rates now do look high. I just had a Swan room in Sept for something like 43,000 pts, and last Dec was able to use 2 - 35,000 FNCs + some points there. Sometimes point values drop as you get closer. You can absolutely use the 50,000 FNCs on lower priced nights and pay for others, would need separate reservations to do it I think. Don't forget to keep checking after you book, you can modify if the points value or cash price drops.

We had something similar, it rained at late noon and cleared up but those mornings just before the rain was so hot & humid :crazy2: The evenings were the most enjoyable.
This is every day of our trip, per Accuweather, except the last day when the flooding or downpour wording is removed LOL. Still have showers and thunderstorms in the morning and evening.

Mostly cloudy with a couple of showers and a heavy t-storm; flash flooding from persistent downpours can lead to dangerous travel

No, the benefits go by time of selection. Now if you have to change the flight or change seats, it may ask for a charge then if you don't have status. But it's not going to do a reconciliation later and kick you out, the benefits apply to time of booking/selection.

What I'm not sure about in the new program are things like the upgrade list that happen at later points. Like I book a flight now and it says that it added me to the complimentary upgrade list to be processed X days before flight. Well at day X I don't have that status any more will I be removed from processing? I'd think so but I recall something about AA in the previous program your status carrying through on the booking. I'd have to do more research on it, but I'm going on the assumption when they process the upgrade list I'll no longer be eligible (or demoted to whatever level I am currently) If I have to change seats or flights later maybe that seat selection bene will carry through? I dunno but I'm working on the assumption that it won't and I'd have to pay. (Like we did on United when we changed flights after losing status and lost our preferred seats. My fault for not changing the flight while we still had status!) But I haven't started that research yet, I'm hoping to still have some level of status for our flight next year. But I have to get my butt in gear, I see lots of shopping portal purchases forthcoming :)
time of selection?
southwest too?

i have companion pass for this year.
if i book flights for next march, can i use my companion pass that expires in december.

This is every day of our trip, per Accuweather, except the last day when the flooding or downpour wording is removed LOL. Still have showers and thunderstorms in the morning and evening.

Mostly cloudy with a couple of showers and a heavy t-storm; flash flooding from persistent downpours can lead to dangerous travel
By that point you will have spouted gills so no worries about the weather, you can swim from ride to ride.

The nights change over time. I looked at Swolphin for our spring break a couple months ago, all nights were 68k. Then I checked about a month ago, they were mostly under 60k. Now they are 73k per night. They are other places in Orlando we could stay but I would prefer Swolphin. I'm taking a chance I'll be able to use the FNC there but I have a backup plan. If you book 1 or 2 nights at a time, you might get away with say 2 FNC, I paid night, 2 FNC but they would be separate reservations. Also with one reservation you get 1 free night for 4 night paid/on points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter