• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

I logged into my AMEX account and saw a pre-approval offer for a BBP with a 50K SUB after $15k spend in 12 months. I know this card usually does not have a SUB but some others have been lucky and received a 75K SUB recently. Is there any reason to hope for a higher offer or to try the link at Frequent Flyer? If I try the link at Frequent Flyer and I am not targeted for the 75K offer would the offer in my account disappear? My AMEX Plat is my only AMEX card and I do not want to do anything to lock me out of future cards. I am not necessarily looking for a new card but I do not want to pass up a good offfer. I will be working on earning the SW CP later this year so I will be laying low with Chase for the first half of 2024. Thanks for any advice.

Frontier Air... I'm a little afraid but here I am trying them for the first time for a quick trip to FL ($70 r/t!!!) I'm guessing that low low rate is gonna = headaches and extra work? I booked for myself and 2 friends on Wednesday, had to do 2 separate bookings(1 & 2 together) and less than a day later they switched the time from a late night flight to midmorning-
which required "accepting" the change...which then required a scramble to do so b/c it's online or app only,no reps.....But the online link only told me the flight was fully booked (what?!?!) which then required a whatsapp text thread with them to just "accept" the switch....only to have the 2nd booking come thru to "accept" the change hours later, go thru the same song and dance,ony to discover I had to get into whatsapp on a DIFFERENT phone,or they'd tell me to wait for a rep to chat with ( I tried this, that means an empty screen holding for hours) in order to " Accept" the changes they made!!! I guess I've been spoiled by SWA's easy options for years now.
I guess this will be my learning experience...I hope they don't switch it up again like that b/c "accepting" it is stressful!I"ve already learned that I wish I had booked all at once on same booking number.....
:headache:
We’ve flown frontier a lot and never had that many issues but it’s been a few years so maybe it’s changed. We did fly with them last Christmas (after our allegiant flight was cancelled) and they said our bag was overweight even though we knew it wasn’t because we weighed it at home.

Frontier Air... I'm a little afraid but here I am trying them for the first time for a quick trip to FL ($70 r/t!!!) I'm guessing that low low rate is gonna = headaches and extra work? I booked for myself and 2 friends on Wednesday, had to do 2 separate bookings(1 & 2 together) and less than a day later they switched the time from a late night flight to midmorning-
which required "accepting" the change...which then required a scramble to do so b/c it's online or app only,no reps.....But the online link only told me the flight was fully booked (what?!?!) which then required a whatsapp text thread with them to just "accept" the switch....only to have the 2nd booking come thru to "accept" the change hours later, go thru the same song and dance,ony to discover I had to get into whatsapp on a DIFFERENT phone,or they'd tell me to wait for a rep to chat with ( I tried this, that means an empty screen holding for hours) in order to " Accept" the changes they made!!! I guess I've been spoiled by SWA's easy options for years now.
I guess this will be my learning experience...I hope they don't switch it up again like that b/c "accepting" it is stressful!I"ve already learned that I wish I had booked all at once on same booking number.....
:headache:
i fly frontier from ttn a few times a year. they do change flight times but I've never had an issue accepting thru the email they send. never tried thru text

i don't wory about seat assignment and a checked bag is less than a carry on. even when adding that in, its been a lot less than SW. and I don't have to go to phl!

I have this offer on my Amex Gold.
If I buy a $500 VGC will it credit the $30 or just the $10?

DETAILS​

Get a $10 statement credit by using your enrolled eligible Card to spend a minimum of $150 in one or more purchases in-store or online at a U.S. supermarket by 10/6/2023. Limit of 3 statement credits (total of $30). See terms.

Any data points?

You are right, I totally forgot about that new rule.
This was one of those times I was really hoping I was wrong.
Absolutely! DS is totally into sports. Watches American football, hockey and Premier League football. Hard to get a package with everything. Plus we live in Chicago and he is a Green Bay fan, so lots of the games are blocked out. I have spent countless hours, plus $, trying to get access to some of the games.

We grew mini pumpkins this year but dang squirrels have taken a bite out of every one of them. 🎃
Ugh. I wage a yearly battle with the squirrels who take one bite of a persimmon and then throw it down on the ground only to repeat this again and again. 🙁 At least my mandarins were safe for years until last winter they suddenly realized that citrus is also edible.

Totally forgot all the Chase Pay Yourself Back offers end today. Meant to buy some gift cards at Publix. Was hoping they'd extend again, but I guess they are letting them end.

I logged into my AMEX account and saw a pre-approval offer for a BBP with a 50K SUB after $15k spend in 12 months. I know this card usually does not have a SUB but some others have been lucky and received a 75K SUB recently. Is there any reason to hope for a higher offer or to try the link at Frequent Flyer? If I try the link at Frequent Flyer and I am not targeted for the 75K offer would the offer in my account disappear? My AMEX Plat is my only AMEX card and I do not want to do anything to lock me out of future cards. I am not necessarily looking for a new card but I do not want to pass up a good offfer. I will be working on earning the SW CP later this year so I will be laying low with Chase for the first half of 2024. Thanks for any advice.
I actually have a dp on this exact scenario.

I also received the 50k sub offer and already have a BBP. I had heard of the targeted 75k offer on DoC, I tried through my P2's link and got the "offer not available" message, meaning not targeted. I tried the link and it seemed successful after signing in, but then glitched out and said "offer no longer available." This was yesterday. Today I logged into Amex and my 50k offer is there when I click through.

Just know these "pre-approval" offers come and go in your account so there's no guarantee they will be there the next time you try.

Anyone jumping on the Sofi/Rakuten offer for 10k MRs (or $100). I just did my transaction, I'll have to see if I get it right away like everyone else.

When my BF is done w/ training we're going to get away to celebrate both getting thru these 2-3 months (esp with the timing for me, back to school, anny of 1 year since my dad passed and my bday). I'm a beach/sunshine kinda girl. I've been to Cancun 3 times this year, but it is one of the easier places. Where would you suggest? I was sad to see Delta doesn't have as many non-stops out of DTW as I would like. Most flights connect in ATL which is like near impossible to get to (there are up to 40 people listed standby, LOL). I won't have much time to escape, since you know...school. UGH. I'm going to Vegas for a conference in Nov (plus I've already gone 4 times this year, LOL). We'll probably end up back in Cancun, LOL.

Where would you go?

I actually have a dp on this exact scenario.

I also received the 50k sub offer and already have a BBP. I had heard of the targeted 75k offer on DoC, I tried through my P2's link and got the "offer not available" message, meaning not targeted. I tried the link and it seemed successful after signing in, but then glitched out and said "offer no longer available." This was yesterday. Today I logged into Amex and my 50k offer is there when I click through.

Just know these "pre-approval" offers come and go in your account so there's no guarantee they will be there the next time you try.
DH had the 75K offer so we went for it. May have still done it for 50K just to avoid the credit check, but not sure. It is nice to have the 12 month 0%, too, since we decided to buy and expensive tempurpedic bed to help with my shoulder pain. That met half the spend already. Now we just plan to throw spend in there sporadically when there's no other MSR we're working on. I like the 2x back on anything and that it'll keep DH's MRs safe for no AF!

I have this offer on my Amex Gold.
If I buy a $500 VGC will it credit the $30 or just the $10?

DETAILS​

Get a $10 statement credit by using your enrolled eligible Card to spend a minimum of $150 in one or more purchases in-store or online at a U.S. supermarket by 10/6/2023. Limit of 3 statement credits (total of $30). See terms.

Any data points?
I understand the risk is typically on SUB, but I personally avoid purchasing VGC with Amex to qualify for promotional credits.

LAX

Looking at the Chase PYB, looks like they made a change to show all your purchases in the last 90 days and not just the ones eligible for the extra multiplier. So be careful when selecting the transactions to redeem, otherwise you'll be redeeming at 1cpp.

CSR
Gas 1.25
Groceries 1.25
Annual fee 1.25
Select charities 1.5

CF/CFU/CSP/CIC/CIP
Select charities 1.25

The only 1.5 value I see is still the select charities category on the CSR. I don't have a CIP to look at, does anyone see anything good on that card? ETA apparently not!

Last edited:
Looking at the Chase PYB, looks like they made a change to show all your purchases in the last 90 days and not just the ones eligible for the extra multiplier. So be careful when selecting the transactions to redeem, otherwise you'll be redeeming at 1cpp.

CSR
Gas 1.25
Groceries 1.25
Annual fee 1.25
Select charities 1.5

CF/CFU/CSP/CIC
Select charities 1.25

The only 1.5 value I see is still the select charities category on the CSR. I don't have a CIP to look at, does anyone see anything good on that card?

I noticed that too about all the transactions. I don't have any that qualify for PYB currently so I wonder if they will look different besides just the amount of UR to redeem.

My CIP just has select charities at 1.25. Since I don't have any qualifying transactions all my transactions are grayed out and cannot be selected.

Not working on SUB. Just need to buy a $500 VCG to pay for our electric bill, they don’t take Amex or Visa Business Cards.
I did this and had no issues. I bought the gift card with a bunch of grocery items. It added up to a weird number and no one ever noticed. I wouldn't necessarily make a habit of of this, but a couple of times should be fine

i fly frontier from ttn a few times a year. they do change flight times but I've never had an issue accepting thru the email they send. never tried thru text

i don't wory about seat assignment and a checked bag is less than a carry on. even when adding that in, its been a lot less than SW. and I don't have to go to phl!
Ok- so I wonder what's happening with mine then.... I got another email yesterday that it had changed, but it was the exact same! Why would it do that? WHat happens if I don't do anything, does it just automatically switch to the new changed one? (I'm fine with that) the problem lies in the link from the email, it takes me to a page that says sorry no flights on that date (the date they just sent me) so then I'm forced onto whatsapp x2 (for the 2 different tickets) to get the auto change link that way..... if I ignore it,will I still have the flights,just at whatever time they change it to? (on whatsapp the rep came on and told me they can only send the autochange link ONCE. that's why I needed the 2nd phone to do the other one.SIGH)

At least my mandarins were safe for years until last winter they suddenly realized that citrus is also edible.
I love wildlife, but they're driving me nuts this year. Many tomatoes with a bite out of the bottom, all the pumpkins with bites, zucchini and cukes with bites. Pepper plants chewed around the main stem so the whole plant died. We have a baby apple tree that gets maybe 10 apples. They were all at the top so DH tried putting some chicken wire around the top, something still managed to eat all but 2 apples. 😩

Ink purchases for MSR..... if I do a few returns, what will happen? I'm trying to be careful to make sure it's over the it, but organic spending and a few returns has me wondering.... I see the points for next statement, should I 'overspend' MSR?

Ugh. I wage a yearly battle with the squirrels who take one bite of a persimmon and then throw it down on the ground only to repeat this again and again. 🙁 At least my mandarins were safe for years until last winter they suddenly realized that citrus is also edible.

I love wildlife, but they're driving me nuts this year. Many tomatoes with a bite out of the bottom, all the pumpkins with bites, zucchini and cukes with bites. Pepper plants chewed around the main stem so the whole plant died. We have a baby apple tree that gets maybe 10 apples. They were all at the top so DH tried putting some chicken wire around the top, something still managed to eat all but 2 apples. 😩
This is my first year trying a small garden patch. The kids chose a watermelon and red pepper plant, and were so excited to see them grow. Then some animal came and ate all the leaves and flowering buds of the pepper plant, leaving the main stem! The watermelon got to a little larger than a softball before something decided to bust it open. Not eaten, just cracked enough the red inside is showing. Kids were so disappointed. We'll try again next year. Any tips? We were thinking about chicken wire, but sounds like that might not work...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter