• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Ok- so I wonder what's happening with mine then.... I got another email yesterday that it had changed, but it was the exact same! Why would it do that? WHat happens if I don't do anything, does it just automatically switch to the new changed one? (I'm fine with that) the problem lies in the link from the email, it takes me to a page that says sorry no flights on that date (the date they just sent me) so then I'm forced onto whatsapp x2 (for the 2 different tickets) to get the auto change link that way..... if I ignore it,will I still have the flights,just at whatever time they change it to? (on whatsapp the rep came on and told me they can only send the autochange link ONCE. that's why I needed the 2nd phone to do the other one.SIGH)
go to the flyfrontier website. look up your account and see what's there. or use confirmation number. if it's less than a 1 hr change i don't think you have to accept, it's an fyi

Ink purchases for MSR..... if I do a few returns, what will happen? I'm trying to be careful to make sure it's over the it, but organic spending and a few returns has me wondering.... I see the points for next statement, should I 'overspend' MSR?
If I return something, I always make sure to make it up, but from what I’ve read Chase as of now isn’t know to claw back

I have this offer on my Amex Gold.
If I buy a $500 VGC will it credit the $30 or just the $10?

DETAILS​

Get a $10 statement credit by using your enrolled eligible Card to spend a minimum of $150 in one or more purchases in-store or online at a U.S. supermarket by 10/6/2023. Limit of 3 statement credits (total of $30). See terms.

Any data points?
Last year with a similar offer, I got $25 back on a single $500 vgc (IIRC my offer was $5 off $100 grocery purchase), and it was on Blue Cash Preferred. I hope I get the same offer you did on one of my Amex cards!

I noticed that too about all the transactions. I don't have any that qualify for PYB currently so I wonder if they will look different besides just the amount of UR to redeem.

My CIP just has select charities at 1.25. Since I don't have any qualifying transactions all my transactions are grayed out and cannot be selected.
That's interesting, the only ones greyed out and unselectable for me are on cards that have no points to redeem. I'm looking at it through the app though so it might have different behavior.

Ink purchases for MSR..... if I do a few returns, what will happen? I'm trying to be careful to make sure it's over the it, but organic spending and a few returns has me wondering.... I see the points for next statement, should I 'overspend' MSR?
I agree with @palhockeymomof2. Returns are normal, so I don’t worry about it. But I do put the spend back on the card just to ease my conscience more than anything.

I actually have a dp on this exact scenario.

I also received the 50k sub offer and already have a BBP. I had heard of the targeted 75k offer on DoC, I tried through my P2's link and got the "offer not available" message, meaning not targeted. I tried the link and it seemed successful after signing in, but then glitched out and said "offer no longer available." This was yesterday. Today I logged into Amex and my 50k offer is there when I click through.

Just know these "pre-approval" offers come and go in your account so there's no guarantee they will be there the next time you try.
Thank you for your dp. I tried the link through FM but I got "offer no longer available". I went back to my account and clicked on the offer and was approved with the 50K SUB. I would like to have gotten the additional 25K but 50K is better than 0K.
DH had the 75K offer so we went for it. May have still done it for 50K just to avoid the credit check, but not sure. It is nice to have the 12 month 0%, too, since we decided to buy and expensive tempurpedic bed to help with my shoulder pain. That met half the spend already. Now we just plan to throw spend in there sporadically when there's no other MSR we're working on. I like the 2x back on anything and that it'll keep DH's MRs safe for no AF!
Congratulations on the higher offer. I hope the new bed helps with your shoulder pain. I agree that the 0% for 12 months is nice to have. I will be doing the same as you and just throwing spend on this card when we are not working on another MSR. It will be very easy to meet this spend with 12 months so no need to be in a rush.

I just needed to tell you all that I really miss the Chase Offers being visible on the website. I actually like their website compared to the app! (I know I'm in the minority here).

Anyone seen any Starbucks offers lately? I need to reload before my Disneyland trip next week!
I agree with you 100%. I only just downloaded the app because I could not see the offers on my business cards on the website. I would love it if they would become visible again on the website.

Did you check the Disney Gift Card thread? There might be some grocery/drug stores in your area with offers.

This is my first year trying a small garden patch. The kids chose a watermelon and red pepper plant, and were so excited to see them grow. Then some animal came and ate all the leaves and flowering buds of the pepper plant, leaving the main stem! The watermelon got to a little larger than a softball before something decided to bust it open. Not eaten, just cracked enough the red inside is showing. Kids were so disappointed. We'll try again next year. Any tips? We were thinking about chicken wire, but sounds like that might not work...
At our previous house we used some fencing about 3 feet high with holes small enough to keep out rabbits and ground squirrels. Won't do anything for regular squirrels but it worked well enough. Chicken wire with some rigid uprights will keep out a lot but not squirrels or deer. Currently we have a fence around the garden that is enough to keep out our dogs (one of them loves tomatoes) but the holes allow in bunnies which probably did more damage this year considering they raised a family in our herb garden. Even dogs didn't dissuade them.

I just needed to tell you all that I really miss the Chase Offers being visible on the website. I actually like their website compared to the app! (I know I'm in the minority here).

Anyone seen any Starbucks offers lately? I need to reload before my Disneyland trip next week!
I can still see all my Chase offers on the website, for business and personal. I currently have 78 offers on my CSR. I prefer the website also. When did they go away for you? I am concerned mine may go away too! :oops:

I do like getting rewards and such but sometimes I am balancing what the rewards are (% back, free checked bags, etc) versus the annual fee. Do y'all track in a spreadsheet or something?

I do like getting rewards and such but sometimes I am balancing what the rewards are (% back, free checked bags, etc) versus the annual fee. Do y'all track in a spreadsheet or something?

I think some of us track using a spreadsheet, especially the more complicated credits like Instacart, Dell, Saks and airline incidentals.

When it's time for me to evaluate an annual fee, I place a value on each of the benefits and decide if the card is worth keeping. With Amex, I always ask for a retention offer, regardless if I plan to keep the card or not. I don't think there's a single card that I'm not breaking even on, or coming out ahead. But it takes real work to make that happen. Sometimes it's just not worth that effort.

I can still see all my Chase offers on the website but not like before. I have to click on each individual card, then click on overview again, then back to the individual card again and then I can see the offers. Once I’ve done that on each card I can see each card on the drop down menu from the offers page but it’s annoying to not be able to click to offers from the main page.

For those of you that have flown business to Switzerland, who did you fly with and how many points was it?

Yes. Last year I saved $1,700 (that includes the $10 wireless credits). Paid $2,400 in AF. I track every dollar.

Maybe this is a known thing, but here's a DP for Amex Plat airline credit. Delta is my selected airline and I was less than $100 into the $200. We're flying Delta to Vegas in December so I figured we'd hit the Sky Club and maybe some in flight purchases, realizing I may not hit my $200 this year.

When I purchased my DH's ticket (I used skymiles for mine), he had a $100 credit from last year when a hurricane postponed our WDW trip and the new tickets in January were $100 cheaper. ANYWAY, the flight was like $203 (one way, we're doing SW back) so the charge to my Amex was $103 after his voucher. Anyway, Amex covered it toward the Delta $200 allowance! Nice surprise. I've got $13 left and should be able to use that easily.

Which credit card companies should I notify that I'm going to Europe? I'm bringing a couple chase and a couple amex. Also, should I notify my bank?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter