• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

The CIP from the 9/1 application is finally in the informed delivery for tomorrow! Of course this will be the one day this week the mail probably doesn’t show up. I need it for that 20% trip advisor deal that ends tomorrow.

I took a look at the TA deal also and after comparing rates at UT, Disney and TA, the amount saved for us on two 3 day tickets didn't make me comfortable with committing for a trip that won't take place until March 2024. Maybe I'm wrong to be slightly uncomfortable if anything should happen to impact taking the trip, with Tripadvisor being the origin of the tickets.

Also, meanwhile the Disney card bonus jumped to $400 and $250, so an attractive alternative for us since 5/24 is not a concern at the moment, thanks to business cards.

Congrats on finally getting the CIP!

Is this for sure--that if you get past the pop-up and get approved, you will get the SUB? I seem to recall reading here that some people on another board (Reddit maybe, but not our Reddit) were questioning that.

As sure as anything Amex goes. Cross my fingers and hope it posts.

Just to be clear, I mean if no pop-up. Sometimes things don't work though, so then all these theories come out as to why. The one I've read that seems risky is the instant card numbers, especially using it too soon after approval. Seems sometimes it doesn't track correctly.

Sigh..... I redeemed a CVS chase offer on the last night possible.... didn't trigger the cashback....
I redeemed a Bare Minerals offer two days before it ended, and it didn't trigger either. I am going to fight that one, since the charge posted on the 4th and the offer expired on the 6th.

OK, so P2 CIP that took 27 days to approve, and didn't show in his account, finally arrived today. I cannot register it online. I can't do anything in his account, because it doesn't show the card. I tried to open a new online account for it, and it won't accept it. When I enter the card number and the social, it says the information is wrong. I know that is the SS, as I sent TWO w9's and I triple checked the number on the w9, every time. It let me activate them by phone, because it recognized the phone number, and we have used both cards already. Anyone had this happen? He really isn't going to be happy calling Chase about this problem.

I redeemed a Bare Minerals offer two days before it ended, and it didn't trigger either. I am going to fight that one, since the charge posted on the 4th and the offer expired on the 6th.

OK, so P2 CIP that took 27 days to approve, and didn't show in his account, finally arrived today. I cannot register it online. I can't do anything in his account, because it doesn't show the card. I tried to open a new online account for it, and it won't accept it. When I enter the card number and the social, it says the information is wrong. I know that is the SS, as I sent TWO w9's and I triple checked the number on the w9, every time. It let me activate them by phone, because it recognized the phone number, and we have used both cards already. Anyone had this happen? He really isn't going to be happy calling Chase about this problem.

I would try SM while picking a random account, but make clear in the message the one you're talking about. This was a few years ago, but I was able to expedite my first biz card with an SM from my personal account.

I would try SM while picking a random account, but make clear in the message the one you're talking about. This was a few years ago, but I was able to expedite my first biz card with an SM from my personal account.
I did just do that. I picked another biz account and asked if they could add the new card, gave them the number and the 3 digit code. I want to pay my property taxes, but want to make sure the card is all squared away first, so they don't question so many immediate large purchases if he has to call.
I did buy the two hoppers from tripadvisor though, couldnt' wait for those.

Oh boy I hope you can get it sorted out my DH wouldn’t be happy either …

I did just do that. I picked another biz account and asked if they could add the new card, gave them the number and the 3 digit code. I want to pay my property taxes, but want to make sure the card is all squared away first, so they don't question so many immediate large purchases if he has to call.
I did buy the two hoppers from tripadvisor though, couldnt' wait for those.
This has been the card from hell. Yeesh. Sorry you are having to deal with that.

If I had to guess, I would guess they have somehow made him a new profile that's separate from his others. When I was doing the Chase checking account bonus, the banker noted this about one of our cards. DH has a card that will show up with his personal cards, but won't show up with his merged business/personal cards. But it's weird that you can't create a new online account using his social. Wouldn't it be crazy after all that work to verify his identity if someone fat fingered his social?
If this tax bill is soonish, it makes me wonder if you should even call, or just plan to pay over the phone or something this first payment after you've paid your taxes. I can just see them locking the account while they investigate why the socials aren't merging.

I really hope this is an easy fix for you.

Do you think that I should book IAH>CDG>IAH and then book CDG>ATH>CDG on a seperate itinerary? I don't think we can get from Paris to Greece via train or any other way so I guess this is the only way?
I can't recall your itinerary and if you actually plan to spend some time in Paris, or it just happens to be where your flight stops?
Often, a flight from say IAH-CDG-Greece airport may cost just a few thousand points more than booking this in pieces.

Ferries are a great way to get from Athens to the greek islands. I do recall a few years back I got some nonstop flights from LHR to Santorini.

This has been the card from hell. Yeesh. Sorry you are having to deal with that.

If I had to guess, I would guess they have somehow made him a new profile that's separate from his others. When I was doing the Chase checking account bonus, the banker noted this about one of our cards. DH has a card that will show up with his personal cards, but won't show up with his merged business/personal cards. But it's weird that you can't create a new online account using his social. Wouldn't it be crazy after all that work to verify his identity if someone fat fingered his social?
If this tax bill is soonish, it makes me wonder if you should even call, or just plan to pay over the phone or something this first payment after you've paid your taxes. I can just see them locking the account while they investigate why the socials aren't merging.

I really hope this is an easy fix for you.
Yeah I will wait for the secure message results. If that doesn’t work I will just pay the taxes and deal with it later. I need online access for quicken and to merge my points with my account. Anyone wanna take bets on the 40k support points posting to my account on this one? 🤣

When do you think the 3 months spend date started. Day of application or approval? We actually got 3 emails thanking him for applying. On 9/1, 9/8 and 9/28 same day as the approval email.

Chase Bank Account Bonus offer for $900 is public!

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/targeted-chase-900-checking-savings-bonus/

Direct link https://account.chase.com/consumer/banking/checkingandsavingsoffer

If you are interested make sure to email yourself a code. In the past Chase has pulled the offer page before the expiration date but if you have a code it's still valid.
Here's hoping the previous we're done with the previous Chase Bank bonus I started in August by the time this offer expires so that DH can do it, too. The 90 days for the savings portion should be early in November

I am no longer seeing the option to transfer points between my Chase accounts. Was there a recent change to the policy or method that you use to transfer earned Ultimate Rewards points?

I am no longer seeing the option to transfer points between my Chase accounts. Was there a recent change to the policy or method that you use to transfer earned Ultimate Rewards points?
They moved it. On a desktop it’s under one of the drop down menus. Go to “Reward details” and the last option on the drop down is “Combine points.” I don't know where it is on the app.

They recently updated the menus. Are you looking under "Rewards Details"? That's where I find the "Combine Points" option now to transfer between cards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter