• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

UGHHH! DD and I ordered new iPhone. DD's was delivered on Tuesday. Mine was delivered yesterday and 10 minutes after it was delivered it was stolen off our steps. We have cameras showing FedEx dropping it off at 3:45. Then 10 minutes later a guy in a U-Haul with an orange worker vest gets out and goes up and takes the package. Where he was parked, he couldn't even see the steps - so he knew the package was there. Either following the FedEx truck or in cahoots with him. Gave all info/pics to the police. They were able to get pics of the U-Haul truck on their cameras up the road at some stoplights and get the license plate #. Hope they are able to get him - who knows how much stuff was in the truck.

I don't know why I didn't send these to my work... dumb!! But ATT also didn't require a signature either, which is odd. Called ATT and they are sending me a new phone. They blocked the other phone so it won't be able to be used in the US but they said that people send them overseas and they have no control if it is used there.

So, watch out for your packages. The cop said is going to ramp up with the holidays.
Do you have fedex alerts signed up for your address? There was a scam awhile back where people would register others addresses as their own, and then be notified when packages were being delivered to that address. After that scam started we registered ours for usps, ups, and fedex to help prevent that.

Either way, not your fault and people suck! Just wanted to share that tip if you haven't done it before: I am glad you are getting a new phone!

My wife has decreed that we are going back to WDW for our 15th wedding anniversary next year. It will be my first trip since 2019. We are unsure about staying on site. Am I reading this correctly that there is no longer a parking charge at the resorts and you still don't pay for park parking if you're a resort guest?

My wife has decreed that we are going back to WDW for our 15th wedding anniversary next year. It will be my first trip since 2019. We are unsure about staying on site. Am I reading this correctly that there is no longer a parking charge at the resorts and you still don't pay for park parking if you're a resort guest?
Congrats on the 15th….yes ….and yes…you are reading correctly

Sorry me again. What is the highest AMEX Gold SUB offer currently? I checked on DOC and the information looks outdated? Unless I am looking in the wrong place in DOC...

I get this page when I go to AMEX wesite before I log in... Is there a better offer available? Sorry for all the questions. Thank you for the help...

1698013179306.png

So I wanted to go to Japan for my 40th birthday, but it was covid so that wasn’t even an option.

Next spring (2025) my husband will be on sabbatical and my kids have a non Easter spring break the first week in April.

This seems like a great time for a 2 week trip.

So I need to start planning points. 4 tickets in business seem unlikely, so ideally premium economy.

I have like 150k MR and 300k UR. What are my ideal strategies for flights for 4, does anyone want to give a rough itinerary idea? Kids will be 7 and 12.

I’m excited this might actually happen!
I don’t know anything about planning for Japan but we have a thread about it on our private r/DISchurners group on Reddit that has some tips and tricks that are Japan specific as it became such a hot location recently! If you haven’t joined yet, just shoot us a request on Reddit.

@GlamMistress such a bummer about the Covid diagnosis, the tiredness is soooo annoying! I’m just coming off my second round with it, got it on a cruise. It snuck up on me, thought I just had bad allergies and a couple days later I was like wait a minute… sure enough, Round 2 🙄

For my Aspire and the SW flights I charged on 10/16/23 (prior to the surprise announcement yesterday), I've received reimbursement today for one of the three purchases ($91). I'll check tomorrow to see if I get the rest by then. But on my Plat I made SW purchases on 10/15 and my full $200 reimbursement posted yesterday 10/19. And this morning my $50 airline credit tracker on the Aspire was showing all $50 available, but this afternoon it says I used all $50 of it. If I don't see the rest of the reimbursement tomorrow, I'll be speaking with Amex.
Quoting myself to give an update. All $250 SW airfare reimbursements posted by today...AND I got an additional $50 credit so now I have a negative balance on my card! I'm confused but ok Amex I'm not going to complain.

How did you get Mosaic? I have the JetBlue card and their Biz card. Their new tiles thing confuses me so I'm not sure how all that works.
Status match from Delta platinum.
They gave me the level 3 mosaic. Then the if I got the credit card from the status match link they waive the 99$ fee and the signup bonus is easy 1k for 70k points. Also if I got the card I get another year of mosaic so I signed up.

Last edited:
Quoting myself to give an update. All $250 SW airfare reimbursements posted by today...AND I got an additional $50 credit so now I have a negative balance on my card! I'm confused but ok Amex I'm not going to complain.

Do you plan to re-spend the $50? It sounds like something that has the potential to be clawed back and knowing Amex, they'd do it next year when you can no longer reuse it.

I’ve posted on Reddit

Hi 570!

I went ahead and used your Capital One Venture support in reddit for my Dad! Thanks for posting it.

He was approved! 5k CL. They asked him to verify his identity through a link to his cell phone and taking a picture on the back of his DL. We tried it MULTIPLE times and it kept getting rejected saying it was either expired (it is not) or the card was too damaged to read (also not).

We exceeded the number of tries apparently and he is instructed to call the number on the bank of the card when he receives the physical card in the mail.

Anyone else have this happen to them?

If Dad needs to speak with them, he will not be happy... :rolleyes1 I guess he can do the "please speak with my daughter" routine.

Also. can Capital One expedite the card? The approval and email both state 7-10 days to receive the card...

Thanks everyone.

Last edited:
For those who use United Travel Bank funds, can the money be used to book a ticket for family members? I’m planning to do this for the first time in January and want to make sure if I put all the funds in my United account I can still book tickets for my husband and kids with the travel bank funds.

Hi 570!

I went ahead and used your Capital One Venture referral link in reddit for my Dad! Thanks for posting it.

He was approved! 5k CL. They asked him to verify his identity through a link to his cell phone and taking a picture on the back of his DL. We tried it MULTIPLE times and it kept getting rejected saying it was either expired (it is not) or the card was too damaged to read (also not).

We exceeded the number of tries apparently and he is instructed to call the number on the bank of the card when he receives the physical card in the mail.

Anyone else have this happen to them?

If Dad needs to speak with them, he will not be happy... :rolleyes1 I guess he can do the "please speak with my daughter" routine.

Also. can Capital One expedite the card? The approval and email both state 7-10 days to receive the card...

Thanks everyone.
I just got a Venture X and it came in less than a week. I didn't have to do the picture thing and it said I could start using my card via the app right away. The app wasn't working for me and I wasn't in a rush so I let it go (it's working after having to call). I got a fedex alert text probably within 2 days of my approval.

I have a Southwest personal card I want to close. What do I need to know? When should I do it? I opened it mid-November (mdd, on a weekend, and miraculously still worked)

For those who use United Travel Bank funds, can the money be used to book a ticket for family members? I’m planning to do this for the first time in January and want to make sure if I put all the funds in my United account I can still book tickets for my husband and kids with the travel bank funds.
I used my travel bank funds for hubby's solo ticket. No problems that I recall.

You can but if you cancel the funds will be stuck in their names as they will be issued an e-cert only valid for them. If UA screws something up and offers a refund then you can have the funds put back in your travel bank.

Yes. You can.

I have a Southwest personal card I want to close. What do I need to know? When should I do it? I opened it mid-November (mdd, on a weekend, and miraculously still worked)
Wait for the anniversary points to post. your AF will also post on your statement. You can then close via SM and the AF will be refunded. Just don’t wait more than 30 days after posting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter