• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

That's first class you are thinking of. Business class seats are released consistently at the beginning of the booking window, then again close to departure (route depending). Lots of award space on the RDU <> FRA route next year (hoping to snag some for December myself). I think it's roughly $75 USD for a change and $100 USD for a redeposit of miles (ie cancellation).

Sometimes you can find the same route on lifemiles for cheaper, but I hear they are atrocious to deal with.
I'm glad you pointed this out as Im debating whether to use them. Not familiar with them but in the
back of my mind is always ...what if something happens or goes wrong?

Aeroplan/Luthansa doesnt let you pick the seat beforehand right? Or do you pay? thanks

For all the Japan experts, I am probably going to do the Hilton Tokyo Bay for our Disney days. I have Diamond with my Aspire and I also have the Friends and Family discount. Can we do the Tokyo sites from there or should we move to a different hotel?

For all the Japan experts, I am probably going to do the Hilton Tokyo Bay for our Disney days. I have Diamond with my Aspire and I also have the Friends and Family discount. Can we do the Tokyo sites from there or should we move to a different hotel?

I would move too. If you want to see how long it'd take you to get anywhere, it would be from Maihama Station. You can get there via the monorail across the street or the free hotel shuttle.

Yep I agree with everyone else. Pick a hotel that’s closer to the other things you want to see in Tokyo

I feel like this is a beginner question but are the upgraded economy but not biz seats (United Premium Select; Delta Comfort+) on international flights different/better than on domestic?
You’re morphing your categories.

Premium Economy (UA Premium Plus/DL Premium Select) are the economy/business class morphed seats that don’t lie flat but have noticeably more space and nicer in flight amenities than economy. They’ve been in their own mini cabins on my flights but not sure if they are always separated from Economy like that. Very few domestic routes offer Premium economy seats.

Extra Legroom seats (UA Economy+/DL Comfort+) are seats in the front of the economy cabin, they’re basically economy with a few extra inches of legroom (sometimes with special amenities depending on the airline). These are on domestic and international routes.

Last edited:

We've never flown E+ on domestic flights, but what I can tell you is we flew United economy TO Japan, and it was awful. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. For the flight BACK we upgraded to economy+ (premium plus is actually what I think it's called with United), and it was great. Free alcohol (I'm talking to you, Buffalo Trace), you get the little amenity kits with socks, lip gloss, some other stuff, cozier blankets, I think we got upgraded food choices but can't say for sure. I know we got so many snack services. But the extra space with the leg rest was WELL worth the cost. I was actually able to sleep.
That’s UA Premium Economy, if you only paid the E+ price you got a heckuva deal!!

Question about the Chase Freedom Unlimited that I see promoted on blogs etc. where the earnings are doubled the first year - is it available only through their affiliate links?

I don't see it on the Chase web pages.

I was wondering if I can support it for P2? Or have someone support me?

Thanks.

So it looks like I might be joining the "Planning for Japan" crowd . . . most likely would be for August 2024.

A few getting-started questions: How far behind am I in terms of planning? I think I have seen that 13 months is optimal (for flights maybe?)? Tokyo Disney would definitely be on the itinerary; are there any points currencies that can be used for the Disney hotels?
If you are ok flying in coach you should be fine. Business class seats often are snagged up on the day of release sometimes within minutes. But check periodically for more award space or in case someone canceled.

If you are looking at booking MiraCosta, there's some homework and a learning curve to it. Getting a Harbor View room is a mission but I've managed it twice. Here's a couple of links that may help. https://www.mousehacking.com/blog/booking-tokyo-disneysea-hotel-miracosta
https://www.disboards.com/threads/mira-costa-booking-experience.3574819/ (post #19 most helpful)

Now, I know it seems insane to jump through all these hoops to book a Harbor View room, plus it's super spendy. For me it was worth it to watch Fantasmic from our room. The following year, we booked our first 2 nights at TDL and second 2 nights at MiraCosta. We popped over to TDS one of the first two nights to watch Fantasmic from the ground and it simply didn't hit the same.

No point currencies other than taking a statement credit, or opening up some cash back cards or doing bank bonuses to mitigate the cost. I have rented out DVC points through David's from time to time to fund stays on property in TDL, TDS and DLP. If you own DVC that's a nice option. There are also a couple of point currency hotels nearby like Hilton Tokyo Bay and the Sheraton Tokyo Bay. I'd look at availability for these sooner rather than later as once standard rooms at HTB are gone, the point cost would be much higher and the option to use a FN cert goes out the window.

Good luck! TDS is my absolute favorite of the 12 parks!

Last edited:
So I have an interesting problem. Has anyone run into this? Chase just bought my mortgage. I say down to pay it this morning (first time) and they won't let me link my external checking account because it's linked to too many "profiles." The help desk can't help me... they're telling me it's because I have 4 credit cards and 4 is the max number it can link and I should go into the branch tomorrow to see what they can do. Anyone have this problem? Any solution?

So I have an interesting problem. Has anyone run into this? Chase just bought my mortgage. I say down to pay it this morning (first time) and they won't let me link my external checking account because it's linked to too many "profiles." The help desk can't help me... they're telling me it's because I have 4 credit cards and 4 is the max number it can link and I should go into the branch tomorrow to see what they can do. Anyone have this problem? Any solution?
I can pay my Chase mortgage with my Chase checking account, but it won't let me pay it with my Wells Fargo checking account (This account is already linked to the maximum number of profiles.). I also can't pay my Chase Ink card with my personal Chase checking account because it's linked to a different profile. I love Chase but they need to work out some kinks.

I can pay my Chase mortgage with my Chase checking account, but it won't let me pay it with my Wells Fargo checking account (This account is already linked to the maximum number of profiles.). I also can't pay my Chase Ink card with my personal Chase checking account because it's linked to a different profile. I love Chase but they need to work out some kinks.
Is there nothing I can do short of opening a chase account?

Can you push it from your bank? I always paid my mortgage with my banks bill pay not through PNCs site. It was the only bill I did that way.

That also seems to weird/dumb. I have 6 cc's on my one chase login and can pay all of them with my one bank account.
This would be my suggestion too. I also have lots of Chase branches convenient to my house/work so I can always write a check and pay in branch. But if I time it wrong I can wait 20 minutes to pay my mortgage which drives me batty.

I'm wondering if it's because I have 2 personal and 2 business profiles (me and DH). I'm wondering if the mortgage counts as a separate profile even though it appears as an account in DH's personal profile.

New Southwest personal card bonuses

Any personal card 75k points for 3k, 3 months.
Expires 12/11/23

Offer is from Southwest so the application link is there on the home page. Chase site isn't showing the higher offer at the moment.

I got an email from Southwest with the offer on the Plus card but it's a 'blind link' that doesn't give you the offer with the application or a choice of cards. Going to Southwest website has the usual comparison selector application link.

The business cards are also available but it looks like the same offers, 80k/60k.
Thanks for this. Considering doing this for P2 to extend CP for another year. If he were approved asap and met spend right away, any thoughts on if statement would close yet in 2023?

Is anyone interested in participating in a companion "I love credit cards and Tokyo Disneyland" planning thread over on the Other Lands - Tokyo Disneyland sub-forum? There are several of us planning right now and we have several experts here. There also appear to be many other experts over there as well. I know I will have lots more questions, but don't want to monopolize this thread and/or violate our subject matter rules. I found the Reddit discussion thread, but I have the hardest time navigating Reddit. I find this format is so much easier for discussions like this. If there's interest, I will start it.

New Southwest personal card bonuses

Any personal card 75k points for 3k, 3 months.
Expires 12/11/23

Offer is from Southwest so the application link is there on the home page. Chase site isn't showing the higher offer at the moment.

I got an email from Southwest with the offer on the Plus card but it's a 'blind link' that doesn't give you the offer with the application or a choice of cards. Going to Southwest website has the usual comparison selector application link.

The business cards are also available but it looks like the same offers, 80k/60k.
This is killing me I don't hit 24 months till Feb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter