• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

I can pay my Chase mortgage with my Chase checking account, but it won't let me pay it with my Wells Fargo checking account (This account is already linked to the maximum number of profiles.). I also can't pay my Chase Ink card with my personal Chase checking account because it's linked to a different profile. I love Chase but they need to work out some kinks.
That’s odd. I have 10 Chase cards, 5 personal, 5 biz. All paid from my chase checking.

Is anyone interested in participating in a companion "I love credit cards and Tokyo Disneyland" planning thread over on the Other Lands - Tokyo Disneyland sub-forum? There are several of us planning right now and we have several experts here. There also appear to be many other experts over there as well. I know I will have lots more questions, but don't want to monopolize this thread and/or violate our subject matter rules. I found the Reddit discussion thread, but I have the hardest time navigating Reddit. I find this format is so much easier for discussions like this. If there's interest, I will start it.
I would join! I'm hoping to score flights with AA by being flexible with dates Nov 2024

So I have an interesting problem. Has anyone run into this? Chase just bought my mortgage. I say down to pay it this morning (first time) and they won't let me link my external checking account because it's linked to too many "profiles." The help desk can't help me... they're telling me it's because I have 4 credit cards and 4 is the max number it can link and I should go into the branch tomorrow to see what they can do. Anyone have this problem? Any solution?
Can you pay by phone? I’ve not paid my mortgage by phone but have paid CC when they wouldn’t link. Once I paid by phone one time, voila they were linked.

If anyone is using the biz gold credit on Staples online, make sure that your transaction posts. The first one I did worked fine, but two others dropped off. I bought Target GC on 10/12 and got them the next day. Lots of DPs on r/churning about this, though they eventually reappear, with the longest DP at 2 weeks. But mine is already past that. Hope they reappear soon or I might have to go in store to reuse it.

Thanks for this. I didn't realize my charge had dropped off. It's over 2 weeks ago too. I might run out to reuse it tomorrow if it still doesn't show up. I don't want to wait until the 31st and risk it not counting for Oct.

My FNCs didn’t show up until about 2 days after my statement cut. I use the Marriott app, and I believe they show up under the “rewards” section in your account. I made my reservations in the app and the process was incredibly intuitive. I give Marriott major credit for how easy it is. One thing I learned is that you can book multiple nights on the same reservation and it will give you the option to use your FNCs or even points to book. In other words, you don’t have to book each night individually. I initially booked each night separately thinking I had to do that to use the certs, but quickly realized it would have let apply multiple certs to the same reservation. I’m sure if you do it on the website it’s just as easy, but the app was super easy.
Just looked in the app and there they are!

I don't have anything thrilling planned but I am in need of a night in Long Beach in February before a short cruise so that'll be good.

Thanks for this. I didn't realize my charge had dropped off. It's over 2 weeks ago too. I might run out to reuse it tomorrow if it still doesn't show up. I don't want to wait until the 31st and risk it not counting for Oct.

Same here. I'm going to do Grubhub pickup for dinner tomorrow if it doesn't post by then. I tried to Google for Staples charges falling off (unrelated to the biz gold credit) and saw some say it can be up to 30 days. Not sure if that's true. I might just do Grubhub going forward.

Just looked in the app and there they are!

I don't have anything thrilling planned but I am in need of a night in Long Beach in February before a short cruise so that'll be good.

This is just a thought, but maybe you'd want to be bougie for the day at the Waldorf Beverly Hills, Oceana LXR Santa Monica, or Conrad LA. All can be had with your FNC if there's standard award availablity. None are particularly close to Long Beach, but Beverly Hills and Santa Monica are fairly convenient from LAX.

Same here. I'm going to do Grubhub pickup for dinner tomorrow if it doesn't post by then. I tried to Google for Staples charges falling off (unrelated to the biz gold credit) and saw some say it can be up to 30 days. Not sure if that's true. I might just do Grubhub going forward.
I just checked my Grubhub account after reading your comment and I have a 35% promo expiring tonight. Went ahead and ordered pickup. Now I'm hoping the Staples charge doesn't post until the 1st LOL.

Ok... so get this... the mortgage shows up on my personal profile as well as DH's and while he couldn't pay from his, I was able to pay from mine... and we have the same number of profiles. 2 each. Doesn't matter why I guess. It's paid.
Crazy. I never understand this cr@p. I know it shows up because it's linked to both your SS#. When we had a chase mortgage it showed in both our accounts. I now have a Chase auto loan and it only shows on my account because only my SS# was used for the application.

This is just a thought, but maybe you'd want to be bougie for the day at the Waldorf Beverly Hills, Oceana LXR Santa Monica, or Conrad LA. All can be had with your FNC if there's standard award availablity. None are particularly close to Long Beach, but Beverly Hills and Santa Monica are fairly convenient from LAX.
**Edited to add: I think these are all Hiltons? I have Marriott certificates. Fun idea tho!!

Sorry to be dumb... is "standard award availability" the same as xxxxx number of points per stay?

I just want to make sure I'm searching correctly... I'm checking "use points" and just going off a list it returns.

**Edited to add: I think these are all Hiltons? I have Marriott certificates. Fun idea tho!!

Sorry to be dumb... is "standard award availability" the same as xxxxx number of points per stay?

I just want to make sure I'm searching correctly... I'm checking "use points" and just going off a list it returns.

Ah, sorry! I completely missed that part! 😳

If you’re asking about Hilton hotels, then yes, FNC are eligible for rooms that say standard award availability. Standard rooms go for a certain number of points based on the property. For example, the WA Orlando is 90k points/night for their standard room rewards. Hopefully that makes sense.

I have to ask a question I’m pretty sure I know the answer to, but want some reassurance/first hand experience. My DH falls to 4/24 in November. I know I don’t have to wait until the exact date in November, but is it safe to apply on November 1st? Anyone have success with this?

If you’re asking about Hilton hotels, then yes, FNC are eligible for rooms that say standard award availability. Standard rooms go for a certain number of points based on the property. For example, the WA Orlando is 90k points/night for their standard room rewards. Hopefully that makes sense.
Oh goodness I've messed this all up.

I have Marriott free nights up to 50K points each that I just got from the Chase Marriot Bonvoy card.

I miscommunicated so I think @wanderlust7 thought I had HIlton certs.

For Marriott I think I just check "use points" and as long as it's 50K or under I can use one of those certs.. there's nothing else I need to do or look for, right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter