I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

I have found good rates in September with FNCs at the Swan, but they are high this spring also so we are trying Marriott Sabal Palms (time share villas on the Orlando World Center Marriott grounds) with the 3 FNCs I got from my new Marriott visa. Car rental rates are high also, so we will probably use Uber and Lyft to get around.
Yeah I'm on property all the way. We did off property once and I found having to Uber everywhere very inconvenient. We usually don't rent a car because neither of us particularly likes to drive and vacation is less stressful if neither of us drives. (DH doesn't like how I navigate and gets stressed easily 🙄🤣)

Hi this is for anyone familiar with United Travel Bank. I want to buy for the Amex credit. But
if I buy it for my account can I use for a flight for a family member? I know Jetblue doesn't
care who you use your flight credit for but I just recently switched to United. Thank you

I have 5 50k FNCs from Marriott. Was hoping to use them for Swolphin but so far the nights I'm looking at are over 70k.
So I need alternatives. Any ideas for Marriott 50k nights? I'm not really into Europe. I mean it's great but the flights are so long it essentiallly eats up more than a day of vacation each way. Will probably need to use it in June or July when DS is off school.
I have the same problem. The Marriotts I usually book are all over 70k.
For those of you who have received the AirFrance/KLM 20k offer, do you recall how long it took to post? I didn't get the "Hooray" email on either acct, I'm thinking because it comes through in multiple transactions. AFs are going to post in January, so I don't have a ton of time for this deal to be problematic.
Well, ours was a few years ago, but DH never did get the email. I really hope you get it soon, because it took months and months for him to get the points on the deal.
Hi this is for anyone familiar with United Travel Bank. I want to buy for the Amex credit. But
if I buy it for my account can I use for a flight for a family member? I know Jetblue doesn't
care who you use your flight credit for but I just recently switched to United. Thank you
It should be fine. We put all of ours into United Travel Bank (2 different players) and then mostly use the money there to book flights for our DD (player 3). Haven't had a problem with it.

For those of you who have received the AirFrance/KLM 20k offer, do you recall how long it took to post? I didn't get the "Hooray" email on either acct, I'm thinking because it comes through in multiple transactions. AFs are going to post in January, so I don't have a ton of time for this deal to be problematic.
It took 3 or 4 days, I believe-made the spend on a Saturday and I saw the points on Tues or Weds.

This happens to me when one of my minor kids is attached to my reservation. Don’t know if that’s your situation, but it’s annoying.
Ah.... yes this is for me and the 17yo son... annoying indeed.
That's true when you have a companion pass associated but, since you fly infrequently, I'm assuming that's not your issue...
LOL definitely do not have a CP...
Use the SW app and chat them to make the change. Should be pretty painless that way.
Oh... OK I will try this and see if they can help me.

Thank you

I need to get my son plane tickets for spring break. My plans are a bit in flux for a variety of reasons but I'm probably going to drive down and fly both kids in (his break is a week before my daughter's but they will overlap for a few days). He needs to fly out of Lexington so Allegiant seems to be my best bet to get a non-stop. I can fly him into Punta Gorda. I'll probably fly him out of Tampa because the Tampa flight is on Sunday and the Punta Gorda flight is the day before and he's not going to want to leave on Saturday. Anyone flown Allegiant? My ex will throw a fit, but I'm paying for the ticket and we haven't spoken in four months so I really don't care!

I need to get my son plane tickets for spring break. My plans are a bit in flux for a variety of reasons but I'm probably going to drive down and fly both kids in (his break is a week before my daughter's but they will overlap for a few days). He needs to fly out of Lexington so Allegiant seems to be my best bet to get a non-stop. I can fly him into Punta Gorda. I'll probably fly him out of Tampa because the Tampa flight is on Sunday and the Punta Gorda flight is the day before and he's not going to want to leave on Saturday. Anyone flown Allegiant? My ex will throw a fit, but I'm paying for the ticket and we haven't spoken in four months so I really don't care!
We flew Allegiant ages ago on our way home from a horse show. It was the only direct flight and thus way more desirable. We got seats in the first row so didn't have to deal with any issues with leg room. I remember it being very basic, but the flight left on time and that's all we really cared about. HTH.

Is flying SW out of Louisville not an option? We did the drive on our college tours and it was an easy drive from Lexington to Louisville as we did both tours in the same day before flying home.

Is flying SW out of Louisville not an option? We did the drive on our college tours and it was an easy drive from Lexington to Louisville as we did both tours in the same day before flying home.
Uber is really expensive from Lexington to Louisville and there aren't really any shuttle services. The university does have shuttles at Thanksgiving and Christmas to Cincinnati and I think Louisville, but there are only a few each day and you have to go to the football stadium to catch it. I don't think they run them for spring break. So Lexington is really my best bet. This will be his last flight (if he goes back next year he will have his car).

We fly allegiant every year. It’s the only airline that flies nonstop for us to see family in Iowa. We’ve never had any real problems with them. We go into it with the mindset that they’re more of a budget airline. You don’t get complimentary snacks or drinks, no tv screens on the seats, and the seats are pretty uncomfortable. But it’s worth the nonstop flight vs a layover in our opinion

We fly allegiant every year. It’s the only airline that flies nonstop for us to see family in Iowa. We’ve never had any real problems with them. We go into it with the mindset that they’re more of a budget airline. You don’t get complimentary snacks or drinks, no tv screens on the seats, and the seats are pretty uncomfortable. But it’s worth the nonstop flight vs a layover in our opinion
This is exactly how I feel. It's a two hour flight vs. 6 hours with connections (and the stress of possibly missing the connection). He can deal with a less comfortable seat!

as soon as pending charges clear, we’ll have made spend on P2s new SW biz. Is there any benefit to paying it early? We’ve only had it a few weeks but trying to get him companion pass this year.

Will paying it early (or right away once we get the statement) do anything? Or does it just matter that we hit the spend. We’re 2 weeks out from the first statement close.

Almost missed buying return flights for our girls, only 2 seats left when I went to buy their companion tickets.
as soon as pending charges clear, we’ll have made spend on P2s new SW biz. Is there any benefit to paying it early? We’ve only had it a few weeks but trying to get him companion pass this year.

Will paying it early (or right away once we get the statement) do anything? Or does it just matter that we hit the spend. We’re 2 weeks out from the first statement close.
No, you won't get the miles until the statement closes anyways.

Almost missed buying return flights for our girls, only 2 seats left when I went to buy their companion tickets.

No, you won't get the miles until the statement closes anyways.
Thanks. Do we need to pay once we get the statement or does that not matter either? It’s not due til January 14 I think.

Thanks. Do we need to pay once we get the statement or does that not matter either? It’s not due til January 14 I think.
You can pay whenever you want between the time the transactions post and the due date. The miles will be reported to SW usually two to three days after the statement closes. There have been some reports with other companies of spend amounts not being counted correctly if the charges are paid before a statement generates.

So this Hawaiian/Alaska thing, does this mean I might actually be able to use the Hawaiian miles I have been sitting on since Covid? Alaskan Air at least flies out of here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter