I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

I’m thinking it’ll at least be different than what I’m used to, being from New England. For instance will I see a cactus along the way?
I remember the first time I landed in PHX (I’ve lived on the east coast my whole life) and drove from Phoenix up to Sedona, I had to pull over on the highway because I was so amazed at the saguaro cacti. They are HUGE! So yes, coming from New England, that will be different for sure.

We just got a new car too! What did you get? I was driving a 2005 that I’d been driving for 11 years. I absolutely love our new car. My old one didn’t even have cruise control lol
Hr-V...a super cute lil' suv and I love her so much! (I've never loved a car before in my life) I'm new to all the car tech now, even the push start gives me a little anxiety (it just feels so,not a key!) What did you get?:rotfl2:

Us too! I didn't get a new car - but I did just get my grandma a "new" to her car! 2016 Subaru Forester with about 100k miles. The dealer let me put $3k on my Amex - but since I was paying cash they wouldn't let me do more (had to fight for the 3k). It's a nice car!
I know.... I visited 10 dealers, the one I finally bought from,I wish I had found them first!

I've been thinking new car all this year because that was my original plan.

So, what did you all buy? regular gas, hybrid or electric?

My present car is a hybrid and I love it but I was so used to a larger vehicle I still miss 'bigger'! Sold my old van to my friend who lives 5 minutes from me and I can have use of it if I need it, but I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen as I don't want to risk someone else's vehicle. If I have some huge thing to drag home from Costco I'll ask her to come help me, rather than borrowing.

Older DD still has my old Jeep, using it mostly for bigger stuff.

And, continuing on ranting a bit, Staples and the Mastercards this week coming surprised me as last year it was Visa and that's what I want. I'll go get a couple of the mastercards to pay my electric and gas bills and hope for Visa the following week.
I test drove hybrid rav4, it was a great car! ended up with gas hr-v tho, and I love it. I mostly drive city anyway so not much difference there.

That is a good choice..... tbh I was weighing the Rav4 and the Hrv...love them both, finally decided on the slightly smaller model, it works for me, but if I still had little kids,I would have gone Rav4.
We needed the extra space with ds. I was worried the rav4 would feel too big because my last car was teeny tiny but I actually don’t mind it. All of the sensors help a ton.

so I posted this a week or so back.... BBP, I use for 6% cb on groceries.... anyone have a clue why I'd see a trader joes credit on my acct after spending like $20 the week before?

Us too! I didn't get a new car - but I did just get my grandma a "new" to her car! 2016 Subaru Forester with about 100k miles. The dealer let me put $3k on my Amex - but since I was paying cash they wouldn't let me do more (had to fight for the 3k). It's a nice car!
I love my Forester. It's our 3rd Subaru. I vowed never to have another 2 wheel drive car after I got stuck in my own driveway after a snowstorm (Chicago area). Only regret is not having remote start as I'm old and now a wimp when it comes to weather.

I’m thinking it’ll at least be different than what I’m used to, being from New England. For instance will I see a cactus along the way?
We've done that drive a few times (son is in Tucson for grad school). The scenery is very striking. I'd also recommend the Saguaro National Park in Tucson--the cacti are amazing.

so I posted this a week or so back.... BBP, I use for 6% cb on groceries.... anyone have a clue why I'd see a trader joes credit on my acct after spending like $20 the week before?

I have that card as well, and got a credit of $250 after spending a certain amount, can't remember how much.

I know Amex credits have been taking longer to post, but here's a puzzler. A week or so ago I used my Plat card to book a night at the Dolphin to get the $100 Marriott credit, a few days later I used DD's AU card to book the 2nd night. I had added the $100 back after a purchase of $250 to both cards, both nights were more than $250 with tax. I already see the credit to my DD's AU card, but not to mine which I used to book 2 days prior. The offer expires tomorrow and I'm getting a little nervous - specifically booked the Dolphin for a quick weekend trip to take advantage of those offer.

I also still don't see the $25 back on $250 at Best Buy which was made over 2 weeks ago. Hope I'm worrying for nothing!

I go to Ireland in March. I need to get on booking the rest of that trip. I read that you could book economy and then upgrade to Biz. So I had my mom book economy....seems you can't upgrade if it's a rewards booking, you had to pay for economy they are saying. UGH. I'm trying to figure out what to do because she has a lot of avios sitting in her acct from cancelling our biz seats last year.

This was our experience for our Ireland trip in June this year. I booked biz using Avios as soon as the window opened for our red eye over to Dublin. We returned from Shannon and I booked economy using Avios since it was a day time trip. A few months before our trip I wondered about trying to upgrade using Avios and did a chat (I think it was chat). Anyway, they gave me an email to send my question to aerclubupgrade@aerlingus.com . So I sent all the specific details about our booking and asked if we could upgrade. This was their response in March of this year:

Upgrade requests using Avios with Aer Lingus can only be requested on direct www.aerlingus.com bookings. As your booking was made through www.Avios.com it would not be possible to request to upgrade on this type of booking.

You can find further details on how to request upgrades using Avios in the future with Aer Lingus through the link provided here
https://www.aerlingus.com/aerclub/using-aerclub/spending-avios/#/tab-2-upgrades-to-business-class

If find it a little confusing because you can use Avios to upgrade a cash booking, but you can't use Avios if you've made a booking using Avios I guess.

So I got a CiU about 2 weeks ago- I never even looked ,but now I'm wondering- did all the ink apps come with 0% for 12 months? Wondering bc I saw it on Doc's list today and wanted to take advantage of that if I have it

I know Amex credits have been taking longer to post, but here's a puzzler. A week or so ago I used my Plat card to book a night at the Dolphin to get the $100 Marriott credit, a few days later I used DD's AU card to book the 2nd night. I had added the $100 back after a purchase of $250 to both cards, both nights were more than $250 with tax. I already see the credit to my DD's AU card, but not to mine which I used to book 2 days prior. The offer expires tomorrow and I'm getting a little nervous - specifically booked the Dolphin for a quick weekend trip to take advantage of those offer.

I also still don't see the $25 back on $250 at Best Buy which was made over 2 weeks ago. Hope I'm worrying for nothing!
amex credits are notoriously inconsistent.... if it gets to be 4 weeks, call amex and they'll probably find a way to make it right, especially if you have screenshots or something showing you were enrolled in the offer.

So I got a CiU about 2 weeks ago- I never even looked ,but now I'm wondering- did all the ink apps come with 0% for 12 months? Wondering bc I saw it on Doc's list today and wanted to take advantage of that if I have it
The CIU and CIC both come with that, have for a while now. You can double check when you get your first statement, if you scroll down it shows the 0% APR promotional period and the date it ends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter