I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Well I applied for the second southwest card and got another 7-10 day message. I guess I have to brave and call recon again. It made me very nervous yesterday.

It is worth it? I felt very questioned about the number of cards I have when I applied yesterday and had to call.

I have an offer on several Chase cards to spend $100 or more on phone/utilities/transportation/gym/Insurance to receive a $15 credit. If I pay $100 early toward my next Verizon cell phone bill with one of my cards, I won't lose the credit for autopay correct? Since the balance would then be autopaid? Just trying to maximize the credits, I have until 1/15 to use them. I just paid the electric bill with one of the cards, but of course we just renewed insurance and gym membership last month, grrrr.

I currently have 4 nights booked at the Conrad Orlando using FNCs and points but want to add a 5th. Can I get the SUB for the HH credit card if I already have the HH surpass? TIA!
Yes, the no annual fee HHonors card is a different product from Surpass and Aspire. There are also NLL Hilton Surpass/Business offers floating around out there for those who have already had those cards. In general, if you apply and don't get the pop up, you will get the bonus when you meet the spend, even if there is lifetime language.

Yes, the no annual fee HHonors card is a different product from Surpass and Aspire. There are also NLL Hilton Surpass/Business offers floating around out there for those who have already had those cards. In general, if you apply and don't get the pop up, you will get the bonus when you meet the spend, even if there is lifetime language.
Thank you! Did that change? I was under the impression that Hilton Credit Cards were one time only in terms of receiving the welcome bonus.

Just got our new CIU in the mail today, as they expedited it. There is new terminology on the bottom of the first page (where your card is attached), that hasn't been there previously. I went back and checked the paperwork on our last two CIU's to confirm, and it wasn't there. It now says the following:

Business Transactions Only
This account is a business account, to be used only for business transaction. It is not intended for personal, family or household purposes.

I guess this probably is in the Terms & Conditions when signing up, or in the Card Agreement printed material you get with your card, but interesting that they are choosing to highlight this on the main page now.

Thank you! Did that change? I was under the impression that Hilton Credit Cards were one time only in terms of receiving the welcome bonus.
No, Amex was always known for allowing you to get each of their cards once. Recently, they added a restriction to their personal Gold charge card that may prevent a SUB if you have had any of their personal Platinum cards. Ever since they added the pop up blocker, its worth shooting your shot on any card. Sometimes the public links surprisingly bypass the once-per-lifetime restriction.

Just got our new CIU in the mail today, as they expedited it. There is new terminology on the bottom of the first page (where your card is attached), that hasn't been there previously. I went back and checked the paperwork on our last two CIU's to confirm, and it wasn't there. It now says the following:

Business Transactions Only
This account is a business account, to be used only for business transaction. It is not intended for personal, family or household purposes.

I guess this probably is in the Terms & Conditions when signing up, or in the Card Agreement printed material you get with your card, but interesting that they are choosing to highlight this on the main page now.
Yes, it has always been listed in the terms and conditions you have to electronically check in the application. I always feel guilty reading that because to meet the MSR I need to use other expenses, but then I get over it.

I have an offer on several Chase cards to spend $100 or more on phone/utilities/transportation/gym/Insurance to receive a $15 credit. If I pay $100 early toward my next Verizon cell phone bill with one of my cards, I won't lose the credit for autopay correct? Since the balance would then be autopaid? Just trying to maximize the credits, I have until 1/15 to use them. I just paid the electric bill with one of the cards, but of course we just renewed insurance and gym membership last month, grrrr.
That's a shame, I got those emails on 4 cards in November. I activated it then and used them all, then they recently sent another round of emails, which I thought was weird. It was the same dates, 11/14-1/15. I'm not even aware we have a discount for autopay on Verizon? Guess I don't check my bill that closely!

Yes, it has always been listed in the terms and conditions you have to electronically check in the application. I always feel guilty reading that because to meet the MSR I need to use other expenses, but then I get over it.
Yeah, I remember it being mentioned here before and knowing it's in the terms and conditions, and same, I get over it. To see it big and bolded on the front page though when receiving the card, it came as a little surprise that they are highlighting that. On past CIUs, the only thing that's been highlighted on the main page that the card is attached to, was 1.5% back on everything. Guess they're changing things up this year.

Quick non CC question. I have a checking account requiring 10 debit transactions per month for higher interest rate. Have been using Amazon GC reloads at .50 each. Looks like min reload is now $1. Since I’m using the account more like a savings account, I’d like to debit less.
What are people using for required debits?
Just to come back and revisit this, I'm curious what interest rate are you getting? I have a Schwab money market fund with a current annualized yield of 5.27% and it doesn't require me to do anything.

If you're looking for a 90k offer on the CIC or CIU I would go after it now if you can. I used DW's support link yesterday and was approved for the 90k offer. Today all of her Ink cards and all of mine are back to 75k.
Thanks for the heads up. I had gotten an email inviting me to apply for that offer by 1/8. I just went for it now through the link I was sent and instantly approved!
Just to come back and revisit this, I'm curious what interest rate are you getting? I have a Schwab money market fund with a current annualized yield of 5.27% and it doesn't require me to do anything.
It's a T-Mobile Money account for 4%. I only keep a few thousand there but trying maximize everything. I assume the Schwab has relationship requirements?

Well that was a freaking production. I had to huca twice before I got someone who would look at the application, then I had to talk to like 8 people, and someone got locked out, and I had to talk to verification twice, and one person moved 5k of credit from one of my other cards but then the other person couldn’t see it, so it just disappeared.

But southwest card mdd completed! I should have companion pass by the time these statements close with only 1 k spend on each and a support for my FH.

Well that was a freaking production. I had to huca twice before I got someone who would look at the application, then I had to talk to like 8 people, and someone got locked out, and I had to talk to verification twice, and one person moved 5k of credit from one of my other cards but then the other person couldn’t see it, so it just disappeared.

But southwest card mdd completed! I should have companion pass by the time these statements close with only 1 k spend on each and a support for my FH.
Impressive work with 2 recons!!!

i tried that with my amex and i lost my discount that month

Double Congrats party: party:

Ugh, flight prices are awful! SW points hit DHs account today so I went to look what I could book for Spring Break. No nonstop WGA fares left except a red eye, cheapest is 55k one way. 😳 Cash price for a round trip with 1 am arrival in MCO and a flight with a stop on the way back was over $750. Ended up with the 1 am arrival on Friday night on SW from MDW to MCO, used my Hyatt FNC to stay at the Hyatt MCO. On the return flight, used AA miles to ORD, so yes will be flying out of one airport and back to another. That will cost me 2 Lyfts as well. 😩
That stinks for you. I did that red eye from MDW for spring break last year. However, we were delayed and I then had to pick up our rental car and drive to Cocoa Beach because we went down for a NASA launch. I got into bed around 3:00 a.m.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter