I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

I swear I hate the "update" to my bill pay tracking app. I don't have my CC's set to autopay as there are times I pay from different bank accounts. In the few months I've missed a few CC bills and utilities bills too! My old app was amazing, but when I upgraded phones it was no longer supported. The new one SUCKS! It doesn't remind me when a bill is due (even though I have it set up to do it). I randomly marks billed paid that I haven't paid. Does anyone have an app they like?

I paid for this app too, which is why I'm really upset. The old one was free and was great!
I would like to know also. I recently signed up for a free Mint account but my timing was awful. Before I could even learn how to use it, they merged with CK. Now I can't even figure out how to delete my account.

Thanks for the heads up. I had gotten an email inviting me to apply for that offer by 1/8. I just went for it now through the link I was sent and instantly approved!

It's a T-Mobile Money account for 4%. I only keep a few thousand there but trying maximize everything. I assume the Schwab has relationship requirements?
Congrats on the Ink!

For Schwab, you open a brokerage account with them (free to do) and and a checking account (free to do, but I think there's a hard pull? I don't remember since it's been so long ago) then fund it from your external account. Purchase SWVXX and you're done. When you want the money, you have to sell SWVXX which happens at the end of the market day, and afterwards you can transfer money to the checking account and that part happens immediately. So it's not great if you need to move money out of it urgently.

Alternatively, Ally Savings and Discover Savings both are at 4.35% and don't require 10 debit transactions.

I have an older Hh gc that I think I got around 5 years ago for $50.... I forgot about it till recently,and I have no idea if it's still valid. I tried checking on their website, they said it couldn't be checked....wwyd?

ooh, that's a tough one. I've never actually used a Hilton gc. Is there a Hilton you could maybe go to in person and ask? Or a phone number to call?

I usually do Amazon reloads too - even though they raised them to $1, I figure it's a free $10 a month in Amazon gift cards. I don't know of anything for a lesser amount that you can do easily. At one point, I had money spread out and was having to do lots of small debits. I was worried that all of the small Amazon transactions would throw up a red flag, so sometimes I would go to the self checkout at walmart and buy small items that I needed. I would do multiple transactions at the self checkout, but I kind of worried that they would think I was up to something, so didn't love that either!
I've read the banana idea before but never have done it. Before I practiced intermittent fasting, I used to buy a York peppermint patty at the little store at my work. Nice little afternoon snack for like $.15. I always wondered what the workers thought of me, using a debit card for such a small amount :)

Several affiliate sites are reporting that the 90k offer will go away January 18th at 9:00 a.m. EST
But regular support links do seem to have reverted to the 75K offer. That's what I'm getting with DH's. When I click it even says the offer is not available anymore and has reverted to the most current offer. Still, 75K + 40K beats 90K from affiliate sites if one is in 2-player mode.

I did it! I caught up on like a gazillion pages on this thread that had built up during my November and December travels! Lots of excellent info as always, down to the slippers that I just ordered 😆

In late November we were in Italy over 2 weeks, flew Biz class both ways. First time with Emirates--very fancy but I would like more storage space like you get with Air France. All but one night (San Marino) were Hyatt award nights and Globalist got us upgraded in all of those. Went to Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, San Marino, Venice, the Dolomites, Trento, Verona, and Milan. The latter was our least favorite. Meanwhile, loved Florence as others here have also. San Marino was surprisingly gorgeous as well--no need for more than one night here, but such striking views from this mountain-top microstate!

SoCal in mid-December for an Adventures by Disney Backstage Magic trip. Flew Delta nonstop in first class for this trip after using some leftover travel credits from a year ago to upgrade our economy miles booking. It's an expensive trip but we had gotten a very good discount from having booked during the pandemic before ABD resumed their activities--and the only way to tour the Jim Henson Studios, Imagineering Campus, and one of the few ways to see the Disney Studios Lot. Pricey but a lot of fun. I joke that this trip paid for our flights to Italy and CA as the discounted Disney Gift Cards we bought for it helped us meet various MSRs. That's Mickey Math for ya 😆

Then in late December and through New Year's we were in Arizona taking in all that natural splendor, including two nights at the Grand Canyon. Was our first time in the state and loved it. Stayed on points at Hyatts except for the lodge at the Canyon. Flew in on SW points + CP, but no CP on the way back since it was January so flew AA. I kinda hate using AA miles domestically since learning what great redemptions one can get intentionally, but this was the only direct option on the day we were coming back and the only time that worked.

Anyway, love this hobby!

Ok, Dizzies... I have SERIOUS questions! Or no, just one,really...

I am just doing quick updates to my 2025 plans, and wanted to double-check my WAG ballpark airfare number...

So I looked up the date we are flying, minus one year...

**WHY** does it cost $200 **MORE** to fly nonstop from Philly-to-Venice than to fly from Baltimore-to-Charlotte-to Philly-to Venice??? Why is it $200 CHEAPER to take 2 EXTRA flights???

B'more is more local to me, but I was willing to go from Philly to save 5 hours and 2 flights... but not if it costs **MORE**

It is literally the same flight out of Philly... the only variable is whether I got direct from there or whether I fart around the East Coast first... :confused3

Congrats on the Ink!

For Schwab, you open a brokerage account with them (free to do) and and a checking account (free to do, but I think there's a hard pull? I don't remember since it's been so long ago) then fund it from your external account. Purchase SWVXX and you're done. When you want the money, you have to sell SWVXX which happens at the end of the market day, and afterwards you can transfer money to the checking account and that part happens immediately. So it's not great if you need to move money out of it urgently.

Alternatively, Ally Savings and Discover Savings both are at 4.35% and don't require 10 debit transactions.
I do have a discover savings at 4.4% and cap one at 4.35%. The T-Mobile was higher than most when I opened it but others have surpassed now.

But regular support links do seem to have reverted to the 75K offer. That's what I'm getting with DH's. When I click it even says the offer is not available anymore and has reverted to the most current offer. Still, 75K + 40K beats 90K from affiliate sites if one is in 2-player mode.
I couldn’t even get DH support links to work. When I did the Refer a friend it said offer not available for 75k, so I went with the 90k offer.

Ok, Dizzies... I have SERIOUS questions! Or no, just one,really...

I am just doing quick updates to my 2025 plans, and wanted to double-check my WAG ballpark airfare number...

So I looked up the date we are flying, minus one year...

**WHY** does it cost $200 **MORE** to fly nonstop from Philly-to-Venice than to fly from Baltimore-to-Charlotte-to Philly-to Venice??? Why is it $200 CHEAPER to take 2 EXTRA flights???

B'more is more local to me, but I was willing to go from Philly to save 5 hours and 2 flights... but not if it costs **MORE**

It is literally the same flight out of Philly... the only variable is whether I got direct from there or whether I fart around the East Coast first... :confused3
Captive audience. Happens at all of the major fortress hubs. CLT, ATL, DFW, MSP, DTW. This is why skiplagging is a thing and works. A lot more competition from Baltimore-Washington to EUR than from PHL. Are you willing to look at IAD?

WHY OH WHY did I not apply for an Ink earlier in the week? I totally could have, just put it off. And now DH's referral is back down to 75,000. We also referred my mom and I can almost guarantee she hasn't done it yet. Bummer!

Got approved for my first Ink on Wednesday (Ink Cash). The rumor about the end of the 90K points lit a fire under me. Started my Facebook Marketplace business and my Ink application on the same day.

I know I read this somewhere. But how do I link the Ink card with my CSP to earn points? I'd also like to know my credit card limit, and I'd also like to link the card to either Apple Pay or PayPal to start spending on it.

Got approved for my first Ink on Wednesday (Ink Cash). The rumor about the end of the 90K points lit a fire under me. Started my Facebook Marketplace business and my Ink application on the same day.

I know I read this somewhere. But how do I link the Ink card with my CSP to earn points? I'd also like to know my credit card limit, and I'd also like to link the card to either Apple Pay or PayPal to start spending on it.
Sadly you can’t use an Ink until you get the physical card. Call Chase and ask for expedited delivery - otherwise they can notoriously take up to two weeks to arrive.

I missed out on the INK as well while debating whether to go for it. But probably for the best as we're working on three MSRs (including a retention offer for my Amex Plat that I was going to keep regardless). When I decided to go for it since I could always just get more Staples fee-free VGCs, the offer had changed. Oh well, we did get like 4 of those over the last year-plus anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter