I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

I missed out on the INK as well while debating whether to go for it. But probably for the best as we're working on three MSRs (including a retention offer for my Amex Plat that I was going to keep regardless). When I decided to go for it since I could always just get more Staples fee-free VGCs, the offer had changed. Oh well, we did get like 4 of those over the last year-plus anyway.
On the bright side, the reason I was up late last night (time well spent catching up on this thread) was that at 1 AM, AA releases their schedule and we were waiting to grab our return flight from Japan on JAL this November. And success! Thank goodness because we did the same the night before and someone snatched the only two Biz class seats left to anywhere in the US before we could finish the booking. If we didn't get it last night we would have to postpone the trip because wouldn't be able to push out our return anymore. So now we'll be in Japan one more day instead of having a day to relax and do laundry at home before returning to work--I'll take it!

We'll be doing the week before Thanksgiving plus the week of Thanksgiving. SAN->NRT heading there, then HND->ORD back, both in Biz. Then we'll use SW+CP to for the repositioning flight once that schedule opens up. So excited, will be our first time! And paying so little in taxes by booking through AA is such a nice bonus that makes the staying up late worth it.

Tips in case others will be trying to book a hard-to-get award flight on AA or one of their travel partners through AA: check on BA to see which US airports still have Biz class availability so you're ready to pounce on the right route instead of spending time checking them all (most folks here would probably know to do that, but just in case). Then, if looking for two seats, be sure to have the second person saved on AA as a frequent travel companion. And be sure to have a payment method set. That way, when booking, you just select the person's name instead of typing-in their information and all you have to do is click continue and pay the taxes, then done. 😁

Now if you need three seats, sometimes you can do one person in First Class and two in Biz. More than three seats, good luck!

In late November we were in Italy over 2 weeks, flew Biz class both ways. First time with Emirates--very fancy but I would like more storage space like you get with Air France. All but one night (San Marino) were Hyatt award nights and Globalist got us upgraded in all of those. Went to Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, San Marino, Venice, the Dolomites, Trento, Verona, and Milan. The latter was our least favorite. Meanwhile, loved Florence as others here have also. San Marino was surprisingly gorgeous as well--no need for more than one night here, but such striking views from this mountain-top microstate!

Would you be kind enough to share your Hyatt properties in Rome, Florence, and the Dolomites? Also, if you don't mind, the route you used air-wise?

I was the one debating Germany/Switzerland vs Italy/Switzerland with the conventional wisdom here that we need to do Italy first (haven't been to either). We finally just punted a Fall 2024 trip to Spring 2025 and I'm glad because I agree we do need to do the Italy/Switz trip. Now I can really prepare for grabbing seats when the windows open (I was a bit late for 2024 while I was deciding).

Would you be kind enough to share your Hyatt properties in Rome, Florence, and the Dolomites? Also, if you don't mind, the route you used air-wise?

I was the one debating Germany/Switzerland vs Italy/Switzerland with the conventional wisdom here that we need to do Italy first (haven't been to either). We finally just punted a Fall 2024 trip to Spring 2025 and I'm glad because I agree we do need to do the Italy/Switz trip. Now I can really prepare for grabbing seats when the windows open (I was a bit late for 2024 while I was deciding).
Sure thing! And while I like Germany, I agree Italy comes first (though don't hype it up too much in your head, low expectations are the key to happiness 😆)

We did 3 nights in Rome at the Maalot Roma. It was fewer points than Marguta and some of the others but one of the most centrally located and it was excellent. Phenomenal bathroom. The plated breakfast was really good, one of the best during our trip. We'll be back in Rome for a day during a cruise this May so that's why we only allotted 3 nights but honestly, that was good enough. Saw all the main sights including the Colosseum underground, but beyond those impressive structures we didn't like Rome as much. Too busy.

In Florence we stayed 3 nights at a converted, old palazzo called IL Tornabuoni--cannot recommend this property enough! The service here is really excellent. Two employees at the bar/restaurant in particular made everything extra special every night when we wanted drinks and a snack. One night, they put us in a little corner area overlooking the street, brought us some votive candles and even threw in a free drink one night. And great conversationalists. Such great service. Also got a room upgrade to a very large corner suite that was beautifully decorated. If I were to do this again, I would stay an extra day in Florence. We just loved it. Also, one of the days we were in Florence we took a day trip with a tour group to Cinque Terre, what a beautiful and unique place. FYI in case it's of interest (and it should be unless you can't do stairs!)

We drove to the Dolomites in a rental car but did not stay the night. Very breathtaking. To keep staying on points we drove from the Dolomites to Verona at night, where there is a SLH property in the Hyatt network that used to be a Villa. It's called Byblos Art Hotel Villa Amista. Very interesting place, full of quirky modern art everywhere. Basically a rich guy bought it to display his art collection. Every room is different. We got in about 11 pm. Went to the bar and had a great chat with the bartender. We got one of the drinks he invented out of local ingredients and it was the best drink we had the entire trip! Sad to only have stayed one night here but we were doing a day trip to Bellagio and Lake Como the next day and it didn't make sense to go back to Verona that night. The bartender went to our car to say goodbye in the morning, he said he was sad we were leaving already. Aww

Does Chase ship expedited cards with USPS, FedEx, or UPS? I was hoping my new CIU would arrive today but I don’t see it on today’s Informed Delivery.
Mine always come UPS. My last one came in less than 48 hours.

On a travel note, I need Delta from MSP to MCO the week prior to Thanksgiving (not the week of). I have been looking since release day, and good grief, decent flights are over 51k miles a piece! Not good flights are pushing 40k. My last several flights to MCO have been under 20k. Not cool Delta.

Sadly you can’t use an Ink until you get the physical card. Call Chase and ask for expedited delivery - otherwise they can notoriously take up to two weeks to arrive.
Rats. I don't want to risk things and ask for expedited delivery. I don't really need it for another three weeks. I'm going on a 2 1/2 week vacation then.
If I don't get it by....let's say the 19th (that's two weeks from today), I'll call and ask for it to be expedited.
They did say I'll get it between 5-7 business days. So I'm really hoping for not later than next Friday.
I'm assuming my three months began on January 3rd when I got my acceptance email. I will really be hurting if I don't get my card before vacation. I won't get back until February 15th, and I'll only have about a month and a half to generate $6K in spending. Ain't no way that's happening. I'll be cutting it close with three months. Or even 2 1/2 months.

Rats. I don't want to risk things and ask for expedited delivery. I don't really need it for another three weeks. I'm going on a 2 1/2 week vacation then.
If I don't get it by....let's say the 19th (that's two weeks from today), I'll call and ask for it to be expedited.
They did say I'll get it between 5-7 business days. So I'm really hoping for not later than next Friday.
I'm assuming my three months began on January 3rd when I got my acceptance email. I will really be hurting if I don't get my card before vacation. I won't get back until February 15th, and I'll only have about a month and a half to generate $6K in spending. Ain't no way that's happening. I'll be cutting it close with three months. Or even 2 1/2 months.
You can request expedited delivery via SM. I do it every time. Once I forgot, and the card took 3 weeks (!!) to arrive, so if you need it anytime soon then I would definitely request expedited!!

Got approved for my first Ink on Wednesday (Ink Cash). The rumor about the end of the 90K points lit a fire under me. Started my Facebook Marketplace business and my Ink application on the same day.

I know I read this somewhere. But how do I link the Ink card with my CSP to earn points? I'd also like to know my credit card limit, and I'd also like to link the card to either Apple Pay or PayPal to start spending on i
need to wait until the card arrives…you can SM Chase to request expedited delivery……if it’s your first business card you’d need to set up a business card log in once it arrives

While it can take longer, ours have always come in about a week from approval. It should have said what your CL was on the approval page. I have seen reports lately of $5000, but yours could be different.

I was also approved on 1/3 from a referral, I took a screen shot of the 90,000 point offer.

1) I went ahead and SM for expediated delivery. Nervous. But fingers crossed.
2) Did not get a credit limit on my approval email. I got an email. The card is still not showing on my Chase page, however, I know I need to establish a new business card sign up.
3. Did not think about a screen shot. However, I just now took a screen shot that shows the $900 with $6K spend still open.

Thanks for everyone's good words. Hoping to get my card by mid-late next week. I'm off late next week. And I need summer clothes to my trip to Hawaii.

Anyone know where I can get some shorts in January that I can buy in person?

Sure thing! And while I like Germany, I agree Italy comes first (though don't hype it up too much in your head, low expectations are the key to happiness 😆)

We did 3 nights in Rome at the Maalot Roma. It was fewer points than Marguta and some of the others but one of the most centrally located and it was excellent. Phenomenal bathroom. The plated breakfast was really good, one of the best during our trip. We'll be back in Rome for a day during a cruise this May so that's why we only allotted 3 nights but honestly, that was good enough. Saw all the main sights including the Colosseum underground, but beyond those impressive structures we didn't like Rome as much. Too busy.

In Florence we stayed 3 nights at a converted, old palazzo called IL Tornabuoni--cannot recommend this property enough! The service here is really excellent. Two employees at the bar/restaurant in particular made everything extra special every night when we wanted drinks and a snack. One night, they put us in a little corner area overlooking the street, brought us some votive candles and even threw in a free drink one night. And great conversationalists. Such great service. Also got a room upgrade to a very large corner suite that was beautifully decorated. If I were to do this again, I would stay an extra day in Florence. We just loved it. Also, one of the days we were in Florence we took a day trip with a tour group to Cinque Terre, what a beautiful and unique place. FYI in case it's of interest (and it should be unless you can't do stairs!)

We drove to the Dolomites in a rental car but did not stay the night. Very breathtaking. To keep staying on points we drove from the Dolomites to Verona at night, where there is a SLH property in the Hyatt network that used to be a Villa. It's called Byblos Art Hotel Villa Amista. Very interesting place, full of quirky modern art everywhere. Basically a rich guy bought it to display his art collection. Every room is different. We got in about 11 pm. Went to the bar and had a great chat with the bartender. We got one of the drinks he invented out of local ingredients and it was the best drink we had the entire trip! Sad to only have stayed one night here but we were doing a day trip to Bellagio and Lake Como the next day and it didn't make sense to go back to Verona that night. The bartender went to our car to say goodbye in the morning, he said he was sad we were leaving already. Aww

Great info!!! We were thinking 3 nights Rome, 4 Florence, so this seems to confirm!

Great info!!! We were thinking 3 nights Rome, 4 Florence, so this seems to confirm!
I neglected your air route question. We did Air France JFK to Rome with a stop in Paris in J. Would have preferred something more direct but the RDU-Paris route wasn't a thing yet (that's my home airport). But used being in NYC a day before our international flight to see a play, Gutenberg the Musical with Andrew Rannells and Josh Gad--hilarious!

The return was Emirates Milan to JFK in J. Milan is where we ended our Italy trip. We used Delta to reposition both ways from RDU. It was actually a little nerve-wracking because we had a 3-hr layover between our Emirates and Delta flights and had to switch terminals and recheck bags, on the Saturday after Thanksgiving! But we lucked out with no delays, GE and TSA pre-check helped, no lines to check our bags, and we ended up with an hour and a half to spare. Whew.

I have an offer on several Chase cards to spend $100 or more on phone/utilities/transportation/gym/Insurance to receive a $15 credit. If I pay $100 early toward my next Verizon cell phone bill with one of my cards, I won't lose the credit for autopay correct? Since the balance would then be autopaid? Just trying to maximize the credits, I have until 1/15 to use them. I just paid the electric bill with one of the cards, but of course we just renewed insurance and gym membership last month, grrrr.
where did you see that? when i checked chase.com/mybonus all it says for every card is I'm already enrolled doesn't tell me where. I found out 2 are HBO max offers.

where did you see that? when i checked chase.com/mybonus all it says for every card is I'm already enrolled doesn't tell me where. I found out 2 are HBO max offers.
I got that same offer by email, it had to be activated. I had it on Chase Freedom Unlimited and both of our IHG cards.

I neglected your air route question. We did Air France JFK to Rome with a stop in Paris in J. Would have preferred something more direct but the RDU-Paris route wasn't a thing yet (that's my home airport). But used being in NYC a day before our international flight to see a play, Gutenberg the Musical with Andrew Rannells and Josh Gad--hilarious!

The return was Emirates Milan to JFK in J. Milan is where we ended our Italy trip. We used Delta to reposition both ways from RDU. It was actually a little nerve-wracking because we had a 3-hr layover between our Emirates and Delta flights and had to switch terminals and recheck bags, on the Saturday after Thanksgiving! But we lucked out with no delays, GE and TSA pre-check helped, no lines to check our bags, and we ended up with an hour and a half to spare. Whew.

Ah I'm jealous! Tried to figure out a way to do a quick NYC trip to see that musical, it looks hilarious, I follow them both on IG. Looks like it's ending the end of Jan. though.

Ah I'm jealous! Tried to figure out a way to do a quick NYC trip to see that musical, it looks hilarious, I follow them both on IG. Looks like it's ending the end of Jan. though.
Yes, it was much better than we expected. Very funny. Alas, it is ending this month... one can't do everything. A year ago I tried to find time to go up to NYC to see Phantom before it closed for good on Broadway. Have seen it on tour but not on Broadway. But couldn't make it work...

@miztressuz and Friends,

Did you see this offer?

Citi Shop Your Way Mastercard: Earn up to 10% back on Gas station, Grocery store and Restaurant
  • $100 Statement Credit when you spend $1,000‍ -‍ $1,999.99 each‍ ‍month, OR
  • $200 Statement Credit when you spend $2,000 or more each‍ ‍month
  • Expires 12/31/24. DDG

Edit to add: It’s a good card if you plan to take advantage of these promotions. But usually it takes about a year to start receiving these offers.

Woof! What a generous offer! I added a link to your thread which you can see: here

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter