I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Another Japan planning question. I know I am super late for getting flights for August, but I managed to find JAL premium economy tickets for our flight to Tokyo, booking through AA. But I am not seeing any JAL options at all (with any seats, even economy) for return flights. I looked at a few dates before and after, and same--no JAL returning flights. Should I keep checking back to see if any get added to the AA site (there are JAL flights on the JA website)? Other suggestions?

Needing UOR and WDW tix for Spring Break. Where are you all purchasing from? Checked UCT and AAA, AAA wins by $5-10.
Any other ideas?
I think you mentioned you are low on UR, but Disney tix were on the Chase portal for awhile. Not sure if they're still there.

PYB is another great option; even better if you can do a grocery store that has fuel points, like Kroger.

Had to cancel June booking for Swan as DS has a soccer tournament that weekend. Back to struggling to use my Marriott 5-50k FNC. Everything I'm remotely interested in my FNC aren't eligible. I feel like staying at a Residence Innis a waste of a 50k night. Looking for July now, no place hot.

Anyone been to Moxy Banff? Other suggestions?
ETA. Nevermind. I guess Moxy is opening in January
I have the same issues. Haven't found a use for those 5 FNCs either.

Has anyone here been to Acadia National Park? We are thinking about going in October and I would love some reviews of hotels/B&Bs, etc.

Thanks
No hotel info, but DD did a research summer in Bar Harbor and spent her weekends visiting Acadia - she said it's gorgeous. I hope you get to go.

ooohhh We have a one day layover in San Fransisco next summer....like arrive around 1 p.m, leav the next morning around 8.... so is there anything we can see that's 'easy' from the airport area? We have hotel next door to airport, never been here so wondering
It's not that far from SFO to the city - you can check out the trains or Uber if you prefer. I live in the area but rarely make it to SF, but you have the waterfront with Fisherman's Wharf, shopping in Union Square, a great science plus an art museum in Golden Gate park (which is farther away) and the Disney Family Museum at the Presidio with a great view of Golden Gate Bridge. You can also take a boat trip to Alcatraz from the waterfront if that is of interest.

We’re planning to fly business with BA to England in 2025 but I keep reading bad reviews lately about BA. We’ve never flown with them before. Does anyone have any experience flying biz with them recently?
My only issue is with their old J class seats. If you get the new seats I think it would be great. I don't think we had any other complaints besides those old seats. I think some of the people who complain will complain about everything that isn't a Singapore Suites kind of setup.

Anyone experiencing long delays in Amex sub posting? I met the $15k Hilton FNC spend on 12/20 and still no sign of the cert. Also met the MSR on a Biz Gold on 12/30 and no sub yet either.
DH met the $15k offer and it took a few weeks for him to get an email from Amex saying he earned the cert. His Hilton portal is "under construction" or something like that so he can't actually see if it's there.

How long can we wait to cancel an Amex card when the AF has just been paid? A month? A week? I want to cancel it before I can't, but I also want to double dip for once (never tried it before and so far it's not working - they are taking forever with the Dell credit even though the item has already been delivered... )

Advice needed: my sister is doing the DCP right now - one of my siblings and I are going down to visit her once more this weekend before she leaves.

Using her discount, we’re currently booked at POR in a royal room for just under $600 total for 3 nights.

She was looking in the hub tonight and we could do a split stay - first night at Coronado (non tower) + next 2 nights at Grand Floridian for $1050 total.

We’ve stayed at the Poly before but not the Grand.

I’m kinda leaning towards just sticking with POR - the idea of a split stay on a short trip seems like a hassle (although we’ll have a car), and we’re planning to park hop both days so we won’t *just* be spending a whole day in MK.

I’m torn. Input?

New Sam's Club offer on Chase. It was on my business card.
Earn 10% cash back on all of your Sam's Club purchases, until a $24.00 cash back maximum is reached. Offer valid online only.

I'm going to buy some Disney Gift cards, I've got 3 trips in the next 5 months.
I bought gift cards on several of our Chase business cards and not one has posted the 10% cash back. I called Chase for mine (not husband's yet) and they referred it to their "offers" department but that has been 10 days ago and no word. They won't communicate about this topic on secure messages so I may need to call back plus have husband call - but was wondering if your purchases had the offer post?

Advice needed: my sister is doing the DCP right now - one of my siblings and I are going down to visit her once more this weekend before she leaves.

Using her discount, we’re currently booked at POR in a royal room for just under $600 total for 3 nights.

She was looking in the hub tonight and we could do a split stay - first night at Coronado (non tower) + next 2 nights at Grand Floridian for $1050 total.

I’m kinda leaning towards just sticking with POR - the idea of a split stay on a short trip seems like a hassle (although we’ll have a car), and we’re planning to park hop both days so we won’t *just* be spending a whole day in MK.

I’m torn. Input?
I personally hate split stays, but I'm kind of a type A traveler - the type who has to organize all their stuff the minute they walk into their room. FWIW - The non-renovated rooms at the Grand Floridian we have stayed in weren't impressive. If you have a newly renovated room though, they are very nice. I'm not sure if you would be able to find that info out. Side topic - I'm hoping my daughter can do the DCP - wondering if your sister is having a good experience?

How long can we wait to cancel an Amex card when the AF has just been paid? A month? A week? I want to cancel it before I can't, but I also want to double dip for once (never tried it before and so far it's not working - they are taking forever with the Dell credit even though the item has already been delivered... )
30 days from the date the AF was charged.

I’m torn. Input?
Skip it. With only 3 days your resort time is probably going to be limited for you to enjoy GF amenities. As far as rooms all the rooms at GF have been renovated I believe so it would be a very nice room, Lobby rumored to be starting sometime after the holiday stuff disappears.

For like $40 you can take a MV from POR to MK. I’d splurge on a couple MVs for MK and bank the rest of the savings.

I’m torn. Input?
I've done loads of split stays over the years and would probably do it if I wanted to stay at the GF. But, depending on your price for Coronado and how much it would lower the total, I'd probably do the first night offsite and then check into GF very early in the morning, and head for MK, if that was my park choice. You didn't break down the price for Coronado and GF. Will your first day at Coronado be a park day?

I have the same issues. Haven't found a use for those 5 FNCs either.
I’m gonna chime in on the 50k FNCs just to dissuade anyone else from falling for this trap of an offer down the road unless they know exactly what they are booking with plans to book as soon as the certs post.

My Mom successful used her 5 at swan reserve last year with some topping off so my Dad went for the Amex offer that had 3 trying to do the same and was only able to use 1 (topped off with 14k points, yikes). Points prices have increased so much at the higher end properties these 50k certs are basically the old 35k certs…

I bought gift cards on several of our Chase business cards and not one has posted the 10% cash back. I called Chase for mine (not husband's yet) and they referred it to their "offers" department but that has been 10 days ago and no word. They won't communicate about this topic on secure messages so I may need to call back plus have husband call - but was wondering if your purchases had the offer post?
My Sams charge posted 12/26 and my 10% back posted on 1/2.

I've done loads of split stays over the years and would probably do it if I wanted to stay at the GF. But, depending on your price for Coronado and how much it would lower the total, I'd probably do the first night offsite and then check into GF very early in the morning, and head for MK, if that was my park choice. You didn't break down the price for Coronado and GF. Will your first day at Coronado be a park day?
We would get in late on Friday night and stay at Coronado ($191), then start at Epcot on Saturday. We'd likely just pack an overnight bag and have everything back into the car that morning to drive to Epcot and then drive over to the Grand Floridian mid-day (we only plan to spend a few hours in Epcot). GF is $856 total for two nights.

We'd likely park hop to Animal for Saturday afternoon and possibly Hollywood for the evening (we did four parks in one day last time we were there!).

We'd then start the day on Sunday at Magic - walking or monorail from GF. We'd be able to hang out and relax on Monday as we're not doing the parks that day and leave in the early afternoon.

Both girls really want to do GF, so I think that's what we'll end up doing...

With no kids and very little luggage - and not having to rely on bell services to deliver, I think we can make it work. I've done a split stay before and didn't love it, but GF isn't available all three nights, so this is the only way we can stay there.

Noticed that there was a HH FNC not showing online for dd, so I called this morning. The CSR confirmed that it was there. I tried to use it to make a booking at the Aleph Rome in October, but the system wouldn't allow it even though there was availability showing. The CSR wasn't helpful at all -- kept saying I must be doing something wrong because the night wasn't available. I decided to HUCA, this time using the diamond desk (my account). As usual, the diamond desk was amazing. The CSR immediately asked if I was trying to book for 1 or 2 people, and sure enough the Aleph restricts the base room type to 1 person. This isn't an issue because I'm traveling solo.

While we were chatting I asked her if there was a FNC in my account and guess what? There was! So the issue that has been ongoing since September has now been resolved for me (no bonus points showing yet, but I won't follow-up on those until I'm back from Thailand.

So my the 4 FNCs from new account sign-ups have now been used (2 nights for ds at the Hilton Paris Opera during the French Open -- I got o/s value -- booked base room for 80k pts / night, cash rate is $670.00). Since the room at the Aleph would only allow 1 person, the CSR had to book in dd's name, take out her name and add mine, which then made it disappear from her account, but she was then able to add it to my account. I am really going to miss diamond status when I lose it in a few months.

We would get in late on Friday night and stay at Coronado ($191), then start at Epcot on Saturday. We'd likely just pack an overnight bag and have everything back into the car that morning to drive to Epcot and then drive over to the Grand Floridian mid-day (we only plan to spend a few hours in Epcot). GF is $856 total for two nights.

We'd likely park hop to Animal for Saturday afternoon and possibly Hollywood for the evening (we did four parks in one day last time we were there!).

We'd then start the day on Sunday at Magic - walking or monorail from GF. We'd be able to hang out and relax on Monday as we're not doing the parks that day and leave in the early afternoon.

Both girls really want to do GF, so I think that's what we'll end up doing...

With no kids and very little luggage - and not having to rely on bell services to deliver, I think we can make it work. I've done a split stay before and didn't love it, but GF isn't available all three nights, so this is the only way we can stay there.
I'm not a fan of changing rooms, let alone hotels, mid-stay, but it seems like you've given it a lot of thought and have a sound plan in place, so go for it! I love the GF and being able to walk to MK is amazing (though we always take the monorail!). Having a car makes a huge difference. Can your sister check every once in a while to see if the GF opens up for the first night? You might get lucky!

I personally hate split stays, but I'm kind of a type A traveler - the type who has to organize all their stuff the minute they walk into their room. FWIW - The non-renovated rooms at the Grand Floridian we have stayed in weren't impressive. If you have a newly renovated room though, they are very nice. I'm not sure if you would be able to find that info out. Side topic - I'm hoping my daughter can do the DCP - wondering if your sister is having a good experience?
She has enjoyed her DCP experience, but she's been particularly lucky with her placement and roommate situation. It sounds like the great majority of her peers have not as fortunate in their experience. She would recommend it, but she said she went in with a very clear picture of what to expect (from watching a lot of DCP videos on Youtube, reading about people's experiences) and she knew it wasn't all going to be sunshine and roses. It sounds like a great number of participants self-term because they're pretty unhappy with their experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter