I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Did anybody else do the SW CP offer from last August? It was fly a roundtrip in September and get a CP for Jan 8 - March 8. Here's a screenshot:

1704731366205.png

I met the requirements and assumed that the ability to add a CP would appear today on my account for my early March flights to WDW but it isn't. Anyone know if there's an extra step I need to take to claim the CP? DH will have theirs by mid March so I only did this because I knew I would have one trip before he earned his CP.

ETA: Never mind, now the "Congrats, Select Your Companion" message has appeared on my account. I just need to learn to be more patient 🤣

We would get in late on Friday night and stay at Coronado ($191), then start at Epcot on Saturday. We'd likely just pack an overnight bag and have everything back into the car that morning to drive to Epcot and then drive over to the Grand Floridian mid-day (we only plan to spend a few hours in Epcot). GF is $856 total for two nights.

We'd likely park hop to Animal for Saturday afternoon and possibly Hollywood for the evening (we did four parks in one day last time we were there!).

We'd then start the day on Sunday at Magic - walking or monorail from GF. We'd be able to hang out and relax on Monday as we're not doing the parks that day and leave in the early afternoon.

Both girls really want to do GF, so I think that's what we'll end up doing...

With no kids and very little luggage - and not having to rely on bell services to deliver, I think we can make it work. I've done a split stay before and didn't love it, but GF isn't available all three nights, so this is the only way we can stay there.
You could check in early to GF and take the monorail back and forth to Epcot if that's your thing.

I almost always drive to Animal kingdom no matter where I'm staying.

I'm also a fan of doing AK early, depending on your ride choices such as Pandora area. But then I don't really care to ride anything in Epcot as I'm more a wander around and snack person, plus enjoy the evening there.

I'm still of the opinion that you could save your Coronado money if not staying in the tower.

Quickly changed this opinion after checking prices for this Friday night at my usual offsite choices. Yikes, way higher than your Coronado room! Disney is now reasonable!

Have a wonderful trip! I'll be at BCV in less than a month and then at Grand Floridian and AKL over Easter.

You could check in early to GF and take the monorail back and forth to Epcot if that's your thing.

I almost always drive to Animal kingdom no matter where I'm staying.

I'm also a fan of doing AK early, depending on your ride choices such as Pandora area. But then I don't really care to ride anything in Epcot as I'm more a wander around and snack person, plus enjoy the evening there.

I'm still of the opinion that you could save your Coronado money if not staying in the tower.

Quickly changed this opinion after checking prices for this Friday night at my usual offsite choices. Yikes, way higher than your Coronado room! Disney is now reasonable!

Have a wonderful trip! I'll be at BCV in less than a month and then at Grand Floridian and AKL over Easter.
Helpful feedback!

And I had to laugh - Disney is only "reasonable" because we have her discount, so we're getting more than 50% off! I don't know how I'm going to go back to paying rack... envious of those of you who bought into DVC long ago!

Another Japan planning question. I know I am super late for getting flights for August, but I managed to find JAL premium economy tickets for our flight to Tokyo, booking through AA. But I am not seeing any JAL options at all (with any seats, even economy) for return flights. I looked at a few dates before and after, and same--no JAL returning flights. Should I keep checking back to see if any get added to the AA site (there are JAL flights on the JA website)? Other suggestions?

The partner award availability is different than directly through JAL. I don't think they tend to release more unless it's very last minute (within 2 weeks). So you'd have to hope to catch a cancellation.

Have you checked other airports and repositioning? If you're going to Osaka or Kyoto, there's a direct KIX-LAX flight.

Noticed that there was a HH FNC not showing online for dd, so I called this morning. The CSR confirmed that it was there. I tried to use it to make a booking at the Aleph Rome in October, but the system wouldn't allow it even though there was availability showing. The CSR wasn't helpful at all -- kept saying I must be doing something wrong because the night wasn't available. I decided to HUCA, this time using the diamond desk (my account). As usual, the diamond desk was amazing. The CSR immediately asked if I was trying to book for 1 or 2 people, and sure enough the Aleph restricts the base room type to 1 person. This isn't an issue because I'm traveling solo.

While we were chatting I asked her if there was a FNC in my account and guess what? There was! So the issue that has been ongoing since September has now been resolved for me (no bonus points showing yet, but I won't follow-up on those until I'm back from Thailand.

So my the 4 FNCs from new account sign-ups have now been used (2 nights for ds at the Hilton Paris Opera during the French Open -- I got o/s value -- booked base room for 80k pts / night, cash rate is $670.00). Since the room at the Aleph would only allow 1 person, the CSR had to book in dd's name, take out her name and add mine, which then made it disappear from her account, but she was then able to add it to my account. I am really going to miss diamond status when I lose it in a few months.

Yay on your FNC posting!!

I know it doesn't matter to you for the Aleph since you are traveling solo, but it's pretty messed up that Hilton allows them to only release a room that sleeps one as their standard room.

Why are you giving up Diamond status?

Another Japan planning question. I know I am super late for getting flights for August, but I managed to find JAL premium economy tickets for our flight to Tokyo, booking through AA. But I am not seeing any JAL options at all (with any seats, even economy) for return flights. I looked at a few dates before and after, and same--no JAL returning flights. Should I keep checking back to see if any get added to the AA site (there are JAL flights on the JA website)? Other suggestions?
It's hard to help without knowing approx. dates and what currency (airline, UR or MR). Have you tried points.me? I used AA points to book JL first class from Bangkok to Tokyo and used AC AP to book ANA first class to and from Tokyo from ORD. Dd and I flew into Osaka, out of Tokyo with AC on our first trip using AP points.

Yay on your FNC posting!!

I know it doesn't matter to you for the Aleph since you are traveling solo, but it's pretty messed up that Hilton allows them to only release a room that sleeps one as their standard room.

Why are you giving up Diamond status?
I got status with the Aspire card in December, 2018, gave it up in 2020. Was able to keep status through COVID, then last year re-qualified with a promo to stay 10 nights. Unless there is a promo this year I will go down to gold, which I'm fine with as it gives me free breakfast.

Speaking of status, I'm also losing platinum status with Bonblah (4 nights shy of re-qualifying, but couldn't bring myself to do a mattress run). I feel so free no longer feeling like I have to choose a Marriott property to keep status!

Helpful feedback!

And I had to laugh - Disney is only "reasonable" because we have her discount, so we're getting more than 50% off! I don't know how I'm going to go back to paying rack... envious of those of you who bought into DVC long ago!

It was a long time ago for me, November of 2000. One of my best decisions!

I've paid for discounted rooms over the years and just recently have been looking for one night AP discount in a cash room. Best I could find in a moderate was 300 something before tax. I have been able to book the Swan through Chase for UR's, but 30K plus depending on the room.

I'm also so into getting rooms on points that paying cash is weird to me, lol.

1) I went ahead and SM for expediated delivery. Nervous. But fingers crossed.
2) Did not get a credit limit on my approval email. I got an email. The card is still not showing on my Chase page, however, I know I need to establish a new business card sign up.
3. Did not think about a screen shot. However, I just now took a screen shot that shows the $900 with $6K spend still open.

Thanks for everyone's good words. Hoping to get my card by mid-late next week. I'm off late next week. And I need summer clothes to my trip to Hawaii.

Anyone know where I can get some shorts in January that I can buy in person?
Did you get your card? Mine came today (did not request expedited). I think that is the fastest (5 days) a card has come.

Just got our new CIU in the mail today, as they expedited it. There is new terminology on the bottom of the first page (where your card is attached), that hasn't been there previously. I went back and checked the paperwork on our last two CIU's to confirm, and it wasn't there. It now says the following:

Business Transactions Only
This account is a business account, to be used only for business transaction. It is not intended for personal, family or household purposes.

I guess this probably is in the Terms & Conditions when signing up, or in the Card Agreement printed material you get with your card, but interesting that they are choosing to highlight this on the main page now.
Weird. I just got my new CIC and it doesn't have that anywhere on the page.

Just have to share my first issue with Chase. Naturally it's the first time I supported my husband.... for whom I have been spending all the moneys. He was hesitant to get into the biz card side of life so I am already walking a thin line here.

The payment I sent via bill pay didn't post in time (it was due Christmas Day) so I panicked and had it pulled directly from my checking account to avoid a late charge.

The next day I called my credit union to find out what had happened, because it showed the original payment had cleared my account but Chase still hadn't credited it. So after much deliberation I elected to put a stop payment on the bill pay one.

Two days later I check my Chase account and BOTH payments have credited... but the money for one of them is still in my checking account so now I don't know what to do, but I'm traveling with my kid and don't get a chance to call anyone (and I wouldn't know what to do or ask for anyway).

Eventually the first payment disappears from my Chase account so I figure all is well (there is an "available credit" showing again and such, since I nearly hit the $3K limit) but every time I try to use the card, it declines. So "my husband" SM's them to find out why its declining and... it's been flagged for fraud... which they cannot address via SM so he will have to call.

I did get an employee card for myself... do you think they'd talk to me or would it HAVE to be him as the primary cardholder?

Just have to share my first issue with Chase. Naturally it's the first time I supported my husband.... for whom I have been spending all the moneys. He was hesitant to get into the biz card side of life so I am already walking a thin line here.

The payment I sent via bill pay didn't post in time (it was due Christmas Day) so I panicked and had it pulled directly from my checking account to avoid a late charge.

The next day I called my credit union to find out what had happened, because it showed the original payment had cleared my account but Chase still hadn't credited it. So after much deliberation I elected to put a stop payment on the bill pay one.

Two days later I check my Chase account and BOTH payments have credited... but the money for one of them is still in my checking account so now I don't know what to do, but I'm traveling with my kid and don't get a chance to call anyone (and I wouldn't know what to do or ask for anyway).

Eventually the first payment disappears from my Chase account so I figure all is well (there is an "available credit" showing again and such, since I nearly hit the $3K limit) but every time I try to use the card, it declines. So "my husband" SM's them to find out why its declining and... it's been flagged for fraud... which they cannot address via SM so he will have to call.

I did get an employee card for myself... do you think they'd talk to me or would it HAVE to be him as the primary cardholder?
Oh no..ugh…I can sympathize DH let’s me take care of all the cards but will not makes calls etc….from my experience a few years ago trying to make a purchase on DHs CIC using my employee card and having it flagged for fraud they wouldn’t talk to me…I had to put him on the phone and they asked him questions to verify his ID and take the hold off

For fraud it will have to be him who calls. But he can give them his info to verify himself (like social, address, etc) and then give them permission to speak to you and you can get into the nitty gritty.

I think this is a random one-off that shouldn't happen again, so don't let it dissuade you from future biz apps for him!

Did you get your card? Mine came today (did not request expedited). I think that is the fastest (5 days) a card has come.
Just got it today. :D

Off work for the rest of the week (weird Government use-or-lose guidelines…I have the use up the rest of my 2023 vacation time by the end of this week). So I’m going to Staples tomorrow. Then to Kohls to check their clearance rack on shorts. Then to Target for a swim suit.

I do have a question. I have my CSP on my Chase app. But I can’t seem to sign in to the CIC on the app. Is there a way? Is there a separate Chase Business app? Also, do I call to have Chase combine the two accounts?

I think you mentioned you are low on UR, but Disney tix were on the Chase portal for awhile. Not sure if they're still there.

PYB is another great option; even better if you can do a grocery store that has fuel points, like Kroger.
Ha, I mean LOW. 12k URs. 😭
I’m gonna chime in on the 50k FNCs just to dissuade anyone else from falling for this trap of an offer down the road unless they know exactly what they are booking with plans to book as soon as the certs post.

My Mom successful used her 5 at swan reserve last year with some topping off so my Dad went for the Amex offer that had 3 trying to do the same and was only able to use 1 (topped off with 14k points, yikes). Points prices have increased so much at the higher end properties these 50k certs are basically the old 35k certs…
I had seen Swolphin at 60k for Spring Break on and off when I app'd for that offer. Of course, by the time I met MSR and the FNC posted, that was no where to be found. Everything Swolphin was 67k and above. I did manage to snag 5 nights in June and book with the FNC, until DS's soccer team booked that weekend for an out of state tournament.
So onto our 3rd choice. Just disappointed I couldn't make a great use of those certs but prices, and points, certainly have home up.

I do have a question. I have my CSP on my Chase app. But I can’t seem to sign in to the CIC on the app. Is there a way? Is there a separate Chase Business app? Also, do I call to have Chase combine the two accounts?
You need to creat an entirely separate login for the biz account.you can use the same Chase app to log into either biz or personal but if you set up Face ID, or similar, it will only work for one or the other not both. You have to type in the login/password for it to work. You can merge them but then to see everything you'll need to use the biz login/password.

As others have already said he’s gotta call but then he can give permission for you to speak.

This is the part I want to chime in on. Chase likely already was told the payment was coming when you stopped it. Next time you make a bill pay and it says it will arrive by X date- RELAX. Give it a couple days to credit on the other end if a holiday or weekend is involved. If you do get hit with a late fee ask them to waive it because you’re such a good client. If you can’t stop yourself from making a double payment, let it process. Then go ask the credit card co for a refund. Chase has a whole portal thing they’ll do to ACH overpayments back to you it’s really nbd. Worst that happens is they mail you a check and it’s a couple weeks before it arrives. I would never stop payment though. That is the sort of behavior that trips fraud alarms as you found out 😔

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter