• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

So, back in September I upgraded my CSP to CSR. Just finally got the CSP annual fee. Just wondering - going forward. Will the next fee be when I upgraded in September or again in January 2025? Will probably downgrade again and then upgrade DH's when needed to get the 2- Travel Credits.

So, back in September I upgraded my CSP to CSR. Just finally got the CSP annual fee. Just wondering - going forward. Will the next fee be when I upgraded in September or again in January 2025? Will probably downgrade again and then upgrade DH's when needed to get the 2- Travel Credits.
IME it will hit again January 2025

Well, I’m now the proud recipient of two Ink Cash cards. 😱 After spending $850 in gift cards this morning.

The second card came 20 minutes ago from UPS express.

Fortunately, same account number, so I don’t have to worry about two separate accounts. I’m still nervous about having a business and a personal account with Chase. I’m not going to pitch the second card, however it will remain unused. DH still doesn’t like this travel hacking business. I can’t wait to fly him first class to the Holy Land in a few years. That’s our bucket list destination.

Regarding our Staples, we had a fairly good supply, however it appeared one rack was full depleted. I bought $800 in Visa GC, a 50 Amazon GC and topped it off with a Sharpee. To keep track of how much is still in each card. Then, I put spend on each card. Bought a Hawaii tour book at Barnes and Noble, a top at Burlington Coat Factory and summer clothes at Kohl’s. I tried to use my fourth gift card for lunch at White Castle, however the cashier didn’t know how to ring up the gift card.

So you got the FNC but not the points? I'm hoping all his is fixed now. So annoying! I also got my Aspire in Dec 2018 and have been riding the diamond wave, LOL. I may upgrade to an Aspire again at some point. We'll see. My BF is getting stay credits at Hiltons now I think. So we'll see maybe he can "earn" it, LOL.
I got the points early last week. The FNC wasn't showing in my account online, but the diamond desk CSR told me it was there (she said they are doing system maintenance). I am waiting for my bonus points for the inconvenience -- was told last week to give AmEx until February 1st.

Hello! I finally caught up on the thread from before Thanksgiving!

Went on a 21 night cruise on the NCL Joy on 11/25. It was a back to back (11 nights + 10 nights). Got sick the day we disembarked to go home.

Had a ton of work and real life stuff to catch up on once I was feeling better.

I'm FINALLY ready to get back into the rewards game.

I've was experiencing a bit of FOMO about the Chase Inks after reading about the 90k SUB decreasing soon... But I'm letting it go... 😄

I'm considering getting into the hotel rewards game. Specifically for status. I have a TON of UR points. So I was thinking of going the Hyatt route. Perhaps applying for both the personal and business WOH cards (one at a time).

I have a 55th birthday coming up this year. I think I decided to do a staycation in NYC (we live in northern Westchester in the summer) and will use points to stay in a Hyatt in the city. Can I book 2 room if our adults girls join us and get the credit for the nights towards the 60 nights needed for Globalist?

I'm aiming for some more inspirational travel (no plans yet) in 2025 and 2026. It will be our 30 wedding anniversary in Fall 2026. I need to prepare for a BIG trip now, even though, I don't know where I want to go yet.

We plan to stay close to home in NY and Miami in 2024. We need to get our house in NY ready to sale eventually. Hard to do that when we winter in Miami as snowbirds right now.

I figure we can find Hyatts to stay at along the NY- Miami drive back and forth. And just find cheap Hyatts to stay at for some staycation get aways.

Any tips or advice? I figure it's best to start as early in the year as possible!

I'm also thinking of getting into Bilt. My parents and I both have hefty condo fees in Miami. We also have condo fees for some investment properties we own. They all take payment through ClickPay. I read that people are getting rewards points on the Bilt credit card for ClickPay payments. If so, that is a lot of points we can get for condo fees we pay by ACH every month.

Any tips on Bilt? Is there support available on our Reddit? If I and DH (P2) each get a Bilt card (2 separate condo fees), I don't think the Bilt rewards can be combined like Chase URs? If I am chasing Hyatt Globalist status, perhaps I will transfer my points to WOH and DH transfers his out to some other travel partner...

Can he transfer Bilt points to his WOH account and then transfer the Hyatt points to my account?

TIA for any help.

When you book multiple rooms, you only get the stay credit for 1 room. If you paid cash, you can get the points though.

Hyatt points can be combined once every 30 days. There's a form you have to e-mail in.

If you get into Bilt points and have any use for AA miles, they're the only transfer partner. So you might want to save it for that and transfer URs to Hyatt.

When you book multiple rooms, you only get the stay credit for 1 room. If you paid cash, you can get the points though.

Hyatt points can be combined once every 30 days. There's a form you have to e-mail in.

If you get into Bilt points and have any use for AA miles, they're the only transfer partner. So you might want to save it for that and transfer URs to Hyatt.

Well, darn it... there goes a few nights from my plans! No way I want to pay cash for the rooms!

Appreciate the info on the Bilt points. My Mom accumulates AA points and has one of their Citi cards. I usually let my AA points <gasp> expire! I normally fly Delta and JB. I think last I had like 12k points earned eons ago... I know that AA use to need activity every 2-3 years to retain them. Is that still the case? But now that I snowbird in Miami, maybe AA will have some use for me.

r/churning dp, someone's tracker for a jan 1 flight purchase has moved. Hopefully they spend things up a bit but I get it, lots using it at the end of the year or start compared to normal use. Doesn't make me less impatient 😂

I sent a SM to Chase a couple of days ago after being approved for a new INK. I used DH's referral link but then asked if they would match the 90,000. I am not sure they totally understood my intent (I obviously know the bonus doesn't appear until I have the card and meet the spend requirement!) but I think this is good news?

"I am writing in response to your inquiry regarding the 90,000 enrollment bonus. The offer you requested was 90,000 points after you spend $6,000.00 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open. NAME, our records show that you have not met the spending requirement yet. Once you meet the required spend, please reply to this email to claim the offer. We'll post the original points to your account within 6 to8 weeks from the date the spend was met."

I have been helping my parents plan a bucket list trip to Alaska, this is a big deal for them. I got them to sign up for a couple of cards to help with cost (trying to keep their out of pocket cost low as possible).

I have put A LOT of research into this trip. They originally did NOT want a cruise. But now they are mentioning that might be the better option. I do not know anything about cruises or using points and miles to pay for a cruise. I know some can be booked through UR. Any tips or resources that would be helpful or even a step by step guide to planning this type of vacation? I am out of my depth!

Thanks!

Hello to all - I currently carry three credit cards, all through Chase. My CSP is by far used the most (99% of all purchases), followed by a Chase SW card and a Chase Bonvoy card that I honestly may be canceling soon since I never use it. The newest of these cards is the SW card that I opened 12/6/2021. The other two cards are much older (have had the CSP for 6 years now and still absolutely love it!).

I keep seeing and am now strongly considering applying for the Chase Freedom Unlimited to earn double everything for the initial year offer. That offer is apparently expiring very soon.

We use nearly all UR points earned for traveling and the idea of charging everything in 2024 to a new CFU and doubling their normal earnings sounds appealing, especially being able to combine those points with our already earned URs from our CSP. We put everything possible on our CSP: gas, groceries, doctor visits, ortho payments, restaurants, travel, etc…. If I’m allowed to use the CSP, I charge everything to it for earnings and we ALWAYS pay off any balance in full every month without exception.

We will also be taking our most expensive trip yet this summer with my family of 4 visiting several countries in Europe for approximately 3 weeks, and beyond that average around $4-5K a month charged on our CSP.

Wanted to get any advice before proceeding as I am way simplified compared to so many of you experts!

Basically, I am wondering if transferring all of my purchases to a CFU (keeping but not using the CSP for 2024) is a good idea?

Thank you SO MUCH for any insight!

Well, I’m now the proud recipient of two Ink Cash cards. 😱 After spending $850 in gift cards this morning.

The second card came 20 minutes ago from UPS express.

Fortunately, same account number, so I don’t have to worry about two separate accounts. I’m still nervous about having a business and a personal account with Chase. I’m not going to pitch the second card, however it will remain unused. DH still doesn’t like this travel hacking business. I can’t wait to fly him first class to the Holy Land in a few years. That’s our bucket list destination.

Regarding our Staples, we had a fairly good supply, however it appeared one rack was full depleted. I bought $800 in Visa GC, a 50 Amazon GC and topped it off with a Sharpee. To keep track of how much is still in each card. Then, I put spend on each card. Bought a Hawaii tour book at Barnes and Noble, a top at Burlington Coat Factory and summer clothes at Kohl’s. I tried to use my fourth gift card for lunch at White Castle, however the cashier didn’t know how to ring up the gift card.
Is the 3 digit code the same on both?

You would need to purchase EBCI if you downgrade to WGA+, otherwise you would be subject to whatever boarding positions are left when you check in. Depending on where you're flying from, I would expect WGA+ with EBCI to get a late A boarding group, but you would be after all the A List +, A List, Anytime fares and anyone with a WGA+ fare that bought EBCI before you. I would change and purchase EBCI, but I'm not that picky about where I sit.
I realized as soon as I changed my ticket to WGA+ last night that I had to go back and actually purchase EBCI. Not something I am used to having to do anymore. We fly from Memphis. Since it’s just DH and I and it’s a nonstop flight, where we sit isn’t very important this time. Sometimes we get stuck with a 30 min layover in ATL or MDW so not much time to deplane and get in line for the next flight, which was the main reason I switched to Anytime in the first place. I wanted us to get low A’s as much as possible in those situations to be closer to the front rows. I’m pleased about getting 10k points back after making the switch last night. 😊

I went ahead and made the change. I figure getting back all those points was a great move and potentially another free flight in the future. I still have all 4 of my boarding upgrades that need to be used by July so that’s what we are going to aim to do.
It's nice that you can do the upgraded boardings online now, right after you check in. I would just have your card info ready to go so that you can do the upgraded boardings for both you and DH right at 24 hours prior.

Hello to all - I currently carry three credit cards, all through Chase. My CSP is by far used the most (99% of all purchases), followed by a Chase SW card and a Chase Bonvoy card that I honestly may be canceling soon since I never use it. The newest of these cards is the SW card that I opened 12/6/2021. The other two cards are much older (have had the CSP for 6 years now and still absolutely love it!).

I keep seeing and am now strongly considering applying for the Chase Freedom Unlimited to earn double everything for the initial year offer. That offer is apparently expiring very soon.

We use nearly all UR points earned for traveling and the idea of charging everything in 2024 to a new CFU and doubling their normal earnings sounds appealing, especially being able to combine those points with our already earned URs from our CSP. We put everything possible on our CSP: gas, groceries, doctor visits, ortho payments, restaurants, travel, etc…. If I’m allowed to use the CSP, I charge everything to it for earnings and we ALWAYS pay off any balance in full every month without exception.

We will also be taking our most expensive trip yet this summer with my family of 4 visiting several countries in Europe for approximately 3 weeks, and beyond that average around $4-5K a month charged on our CSP.

Wanted to get any advice before proceeding as I am way simplified compared to so many of you experts!

Basically, I am wondering if transferring all of my purchases to a CFU (keeping but not using the CSP for 2024) is a good idea?

Thank you SO MUCH for any insight!

We all do credit card rewards a bit differently. I personally prefer to put all my monthly spending on a new CC offering a sign up bonus, because I get the most rewards going that route. Here's an example on credit card spending of $4,000:

Use a card like CFU at an average of 5x points= 20,000 URs
New CSP at an average of 3x points= 60,000 URs SUB + 12,000 UR category spend= 72,000 UR

Since you say we, I assume you could be in two-player mode. You could generate a support link for your partner to apply for the CSP for the 60k SUB. Since you received your sign up bonus more than 48 months ago, you are eligible for that SUB again. After you've received your support points from your partner's sign up, you can cancel your CSP, wait 30 days and apply for it again using a link your partner generates. I think the support bonus is 10k.

If you like to be more chill about things, there's nothing wrong with going the CFU route, it just will take much longer to earn the rewards you want for that next big trip. You can do both the new CSP and the CFU, just keep your Chase apps about 90 days apart. Also remember that the CFU doesn't transfer to travel partners, so you'll want to have transferred any existing URs to your P2 if you close your CSP. If you close your CSP, make sure you have a card that can hold your URs or transfer them to your P2.

It's nice that you can do the upgraded boardings online now, right after you check in. I would just have your card info ready to go so that you can do the upgraded boardings for both you and DH right at 24 hours prior.
Yes! It has definitely been a nice feature so far and I’ll be ready when the day comes. Even if we have an A boarding position, I’ll still try to use them since they will expire in July and as of now we don’t have any other trips planned until the fall. Hate to let them go to waste!! I’m toying with the idea of changing our return flight to WGA also, but since it’s leaving MCO, I may not do that.

Anyone buy United travel bank yet and receive the credit on your Amex Plat? I bought $100 on Jan. 2 and still waiting. I didn't want to buy the other $100 until I knew it worked again this year. This is how it is listed on my Amex account so I'm a little nervous:

Special Service Ticket
Flight from CHICAGO O'HARE INT on January 2
CHICAGO O'HARE INTCHICAGO O'HARE INT
Waiting here as well. Just tried it with one card in case it doesn't work.
I didn't buy United Travel bank, but I did buy SW flights on Jan 1 and Dell items and it still hasn't credited. I need to close the account in 2 days and I'm getting worried.

JM
Same here. The card needs to be canceled soon.
Hope you have better luck at Staples! Mine was out of $200 Visa GC this morning. I usually go after church on Sunday morning and they have plenty then.
DH and I both got $1600 worth of VGCs on Sunday morning. Our Staples is crazy - there was a line when we got there before they opened. By the time they opened there were 30+ people in line. Pretty much everyone was just there for the VGCs. Last time they only allowed us to get 5 cards each, but this week we were able to get 8. Usually they are all out within an hour of opening. It would be easier if we lived somewhere where everyone wasn't playing this game.
r/churning dp, someone's tracker for a jan 1 flight purchase has moved. Hopefully they spend things up a bit but I get it, lots using it at the end of the year or start compared to normal use. Doesn't make me less impatient 😂
Oh, I really hope it tracks for all of us. Thanks for the info!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter