I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Yes! It has definitely been a nice feature so far and I’ll be ready when the day comes. Even if we have an A boarding position, I’ll still try to use them since they will expire in July and as of now we don’t have any other trips planned until the fall. Hate to let them go to waste!! I’m toying with the idea of changing our return flight to WGA also, but since it’s leaving MCO, I may not do that.
I’d definitely use them since you will earn RR points on the purchase….

Hello! Anyone here have the Bilt Card?

I'm getting ready to pull the trigger and checked out our reddit page and no one has any Bilt support links up.

If you have a Bilt card, please post a link over there! Thanks!

Speaking of the Bill card, can it be used to pay property taxes or is it strictly for rent? I am purchasing a piece of property soon and will need to pay some back taxes and liens from the former owner. I figured this would be a good time to open a new CC with a high spend requirement to get a SUB.

Well, darn it... there goes a few nights from my plans! No way I want to pay cash for the rooms!

Appreciate the info on the Bilt points. My Mom accumulates AA points and has one of their Citi cards. I usually let my AA points <gasp> expire! I normally fly Delta and JB. I think last I had like 12k points earned eons ago... I know that AA use to need activity every 2-3 years to retain them. Is that still the case? But now that I snowbird in Miami, maybe AA will have some use for me.
yeah its 24 months. Also, I hate to say it but AA miles are the most valuable of the big 3, especially with international awards. I never noticed this or I tuned it out because I was diamond/platinum so long with delta.
A good example is JAL is 120k with AA miles. in business class
Delta is regularly 500k+ unless you get a flash sale and then it's still 180k.

Last edited:
Hello! Anyone here have the Bilt Card?

I'm getting ready to pull the trigger and checked out our reddit page and no one has any Bilt support links up.

If you have a Bilt card, please post a link over there! Thanks!
Just added my support link in the miscellaneous thread. Thanks for asking!

Add me to the waiting on United Travel bank, Dell, and Saks credits. My FHR credit credited super quickly though! (Booked 1/2, credited 1/3)

Add me to the waiting on United Travel bank, Dell, and Saks credits. My FHR credit credited super quickly though! (Booked 1/2, credited 1/3)
Same here, along with my Biz Plat cell credits! (My Biz Gold $20 office supply store credits did post relatively quickly though!)

Speaking of the Bill card, can it be used to pay property taxes or is it strictly for rent? I am purchasing a piece of property soon and will need to pay some back taxes and liens from the former owner. I figured this would be a good time to open a new CC with a high spend requirement to get a SUB.
Bilt Card can be used for anything. Just not going to get the multiplier for taxes that you would for rent. It's less of a renter's only program since the Wells Fargo card came out. Before that it was pretty much a renters only program.

Some new Amex offers I see this morning, that I'll definitely be able to make use of, and hopefully some of you can too:
-Spend $50 or more on Cable/Internet bill, get $10 back (up to 2x use)
-Get 10% back on Insurance bill, up to $20

Found this on Hilton Honors Amex (no AF) card. It was on DH's card, but not mine.

r/churning dp, someone's tracker for a jan 1 flight purchase has moved. Hopefully they spend things up a bit but I get it, lots using it at the end of the year or start compared to normal use. Doesn't make me less impatient 😂
trackers for a personal and a biz moved today for 1/1 so I expect we'll all be happy little campers in a day or two...

Some new Amex offers I see this morning, that I'll definitely be able to make use of, and hopefully some of you can too:
-Spend $50 or more on Cable/Internet bill, get $10 back (up to 2x use)
-Get 10% back on Insurance bill, up to $20

Found this on Hilton Honors Amex (no AF) card. It was on DH's card, but not mine.
Found the cable/internet one on DD's old SPG (Bonvoy) AU card. That card always gets the good stuff, not that there is a lot on Amex these days.

I have been helping my parents plan a bucket list trip to Alaska, this is a big deal for them. I got them to sign up for a couple of cards to help with cost (trying to keep their out of pocket cost low as possible).

I have put A LOT of research into this trip. They originally did NOT want a cruise. But now they are mentioning that might be the better option. I do not know anything about cruises or using points and miles to pay for a cruise. I know some can be booked through UR. Any tips or resources that would be helpful or even a step by step guide to planning this type of vacation? I am out of my depth!

Thanks!
What points do you have for them already. There are a few ways to do this.

1. With CSP or CSR they can call Chase Cruise and Tour Center and book any cruise. (When I do this, I already have the Date, Ship and Cabin # that I want and I know the cost). You will pay less in points when using the CSP or CSR. I have the CSR and I recently booked a cruise for my family. Cost was $3000 but because CSR your points are worth 50% more (with CSP 25% more). So I used 200,000 points - basically saving me $1000. This must be booked with Chase and any points used must be done at time of booking.

2. Use any Chase UR points and cash out 1:1 to use for Cruise.

3. Make payment using a Cap One Venture Card and erase any travel charges with points that you have.

I'm sure others may have some other ideas. All depends on the points they have and how many. Can also do a combination of above.

1. With CSP or CSR they can call Chase Cruise and Tour Center and book any cruise. (When I do this, I already have the Date, Ship and Cabin # that I want and I know the cost). You will pay less in points when using the CSP or CSR. I have the CSR and I recently booked a cruise for my family. Cost was $3000 but because CSR your points are worth 50% more (with CSP 25% more). So I used 200,000 points - basically saving me $1000. This must be booked with Chase and any points used must be done at time of booking.
Wish they would bring back Disney as an option...

What points do you have for them already. There are a few ways to do this.

2. Use any Chase UR points and cash out 1:1 to use for Cruise.

3. Make payment using a Cap One Venture Card and erase any travel charges with points that you have.

I'm sure others may have some other ideas. All depends on the points they have and how many. Can also do a combination of above.

Oh, this is very helpful information! They have quite a few URs and a CSP, so that could definitely be an option. They also have a Cap One. Maybe they could use that for excursions?

Are there any great sites where you can see all the Alaskan cruises available, or do you just have to go to each company's site and see what they offer? I serious know nothing!

Thank you so much!

Bilt Card can be used for anything. Just not going to get the multiplier for taxes that you would for rent. It's less of a renter's only program since the Wells Fargo card came out. Before that it was pretty much a renters only program.

My understanding is that the Bilt card helps you avoid paying the CC surcharge that you would otherwise pay on paying rent or in some cases HOA fees, while getting reward points.

While you can pay your property taxes on it, you would have to pay any CC fees your county charges for using a CC, which negates any benefits, IMO. Therefore, you might as well pay the property taxes on a card with a SUB you are working on.

Hello to all - I currently carry three credit cards, all through Chase. My CSP is by far used the most (99% of all purchases), followed by a Chase SW card and a Chase Bonvoy card that I honestly may be canceling soon since I never use it. The newest of these cards is the SW card that I opened 12/6/2021. The other two cards are much older (have had the CSP for 6 years now and still absolutely love it!).

I keep seeing and am now strongly considering applying for the Chase Freedom Unlimited to earn double everything for the initial year offer. That offer is apparently expiring very soon.

We use nearly all UR points earned for traveling and the idea of charging everything in 2024 to a new CFU and doubling their normal earnings sounds appealing, especially being able to combine those points with our already earned URs from our CSP. We put everything possible on our CSP: gas, groceries, doctor visits, ortho payments, restaurants, travel, etc…. If I’m allowed to use the CSP, I charge everything to it for earnings and we ALWAYS pay off any balance in full every month without exception.

We will also be taking our most expensive trip yet this summer with my family of 4 visiting several countries in Europe for approximately 3 weeks, and beyond that average around $4-5K a month charged on our CSP.

Wanted to get any advice before proceeding as I am way simplified compared to so many of you experts!

Basically, I am wondering if transferring all of my purchases to a CFU (keeping but not using the CSP for 2024) is a good idea?

Thank you SO MUCH for any insight!
So here is my take as a non-churner, FWIW. I have these cards that I regularly use:
  • CSP - I keep this card to transfer from my other UR-earning cards. It is the best option for me for travel. (I don't want the high AF of the CSR, even if the rewards are better. I put a little spend on this each month, but don't earn many URs. $95AF
  • CFF - I use this card for the 5x categories. All URs earned get transferred to the CSP each month.
  • CFU - this is DH's card. 1.5 on all spend. All URs earned get transferred to the CSP each month. This card earns us the most URs each month.
  • AMEX everyday - use this for groceries and gas (when there is not 5x on another card. It is my only MR earning card. I recently upgraded to the Preferred version for a year (gave me promo MRs) and then downgraded again. Might upgrade if another good promo for extra MRs comes along.
  • Discover IT - cash back. I use this for the 5x categories. I use the cash back to pay the AF on the the CSP (and the AMEX preferred when I had that). The other cash back gets used for travel-related expenses.
I also have the Disney No Fee card and the United No Fee card. These rarely get used.

I know the best way to rack up tons of URs and MRs is to churn, but I really can't. However, I am looking to get another CSP in DH's name as soon as there is an elevated offer. He did have one in the past (over 4 years ago). When we get this one, we will keep it for a year and then cancel/downgrade either his or mine. And then maybe eventually reapply at some point. So I guess I "churn" once every 5-10 years or so, if I do follow this plan.

I pay the cards off weekly or bi-weekly, so in essence, they function as a debit card.

For those waiting on the Citi AA Biz SUB to post - just saw in the Frequent Miler Insiders FB group a data point that the SUB posted 50 calendar days after the statement posting for the statement period in which the SUB was met. A long time, but at least it finally posted!
Thanks! Just checked and we got our miles now, finally!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter