• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

I wonder if Chase is getting pummeled with requests for the match to 90K in these last few days and that brought more scrutiny to the way these cards get used? 😥

I wonder if Chase is getting pummeled with requests for the match to 90K in these last few days and that brought more scrutiny to the way these cards get used? 😥
Chase never cares about putting personal expenses on business cards. For all of us, they are likely sole proprietorships, which further blurs the line.

Has anyone seen the $15 credit for bill pay on CF for December or January? Used it both months for Sewer/water bill (billed as xxx county utilities) and have not seen credit yet.

Has anyone else got language in the chase response to the 90k match request that you will qualify once make spend IF “haven’t got bonus in last 24 months.” I will still try to get the match when I make the spend but I thought that language was weird.
Mine does indeed say that.

OK, is what I’m doing allowed?

I received my CIC about two weeks ago, and I already put a fair amount of spend on it. It lists my payment due date of February 23rd.

I have problems linking my credit union to my Chase account. But it’s easy for my to just go to my local Chase branch and pay my balance there. I’ve been doing that ever since we got a car loan from them, five years ago.

Of course, I don’t have a payment due right now. But I can pay down my balance now, and hopefully open up some credit limit space for our Hawaiian trip in 10 days. ($4,000 limit; spent about $2,200 so far.)

We leave for Hawaii January 27, and we won’t get back until February 15th. The time period between the 15th and the 23rd will be crazy, and I’m not sure I can make it to my Chase office by the 23rd.

If I make a payment on…let’s say January 24th, could it count as my minimum payment due on February 23rd? Or should I try to make time between the 15th and the 23rd to visit the branch?

Has anyone seen the $15 credit for bill pay on CF for December or January? Used it both months for Sewer/water bill (billed as xxx county utilities) and have not seen credit yet.
If you are referring to the one time $15 credit on a utility bill over $100, yes I received mine. I used it on 5 different Chase cards that were enrolled in the offer, and got the credit on all of them within 2-3 days. It was only a one time use on each card though.

I received my CIC about two weeks ago, and I already put a fair amount of spend on it. It lists my payment due date of February 23rd.

I have problems linking my credit union to my Chase account. But it’s easy for my to just go to my local Chase branch and pay my balance there. I’ve been doing that ever since we got a car loan from them, five years ago.

Of course, I don’t have a payment due right now. But I can pay down my balance now, and hopefully open up some credit limit space for our Hawaiian trip in 10 days. ($4,000 limit; spent about $2,200 so far.)

We leave for Hawaii January 27, and we won’t get back until February 15th. The time period between the 15th and the 23rd will be crazy, and I’m not sure I can make it to my Chase office by the 23rd.

If I make a payment on…let’s say January 24th, could it count as my minimum payment due on February 23rd? Or should I try to make time between the 15th and the 23rd to visit the branch?

There's others on here will know exactly how to answer this, but I am going to just fumble through. I think you'll have a statement cut on January 25th or so, which will give you a balance of whatever you've spent up to that point (so far $2,200). If you can make it in to the bank on January 26 (or day after the statement cuts) and pay off your balance, or overpay some, then you won't have to worry about it when you return from your trip AND you'll open up credit for your trip.

Would it be easier to call to do everything or should I make the new reservation and modify the current reservation online then just call to have them linked? Also how far ahead of time should I ask if they have any upgrades available?

If you're gonna call, I just say call and have them make all the mods.

As far as upgrades, you can have the agent put in a request and it can be helpful to be specific if you're celebrating anything, etc. If you've earned what IHG calls a "Confirmable Suite Upgrade," you can call IHG and request that between 14 days and 24 hours prior. For just a general request (not an upgrade cert you've earned), if you have a concierge you've worked with at this location or have the concierge contact info, I think it can be helpful to send your requests to them as well.

Mine was only one month but I got it on two cards (UAL & Freedom)
Received the credit almost instantly.

Did you click on the email to activate it?

1705595628870.png

1705595731380.png

The 24 month language has been seen on some Chase SMs since we started matching, which I think has been since at least last summer. My guess is it's a "quick text" some agents use. If you recall the Inks used to have 24 month language which wasn't enforced, but that language has since disappeared. Perhaps the SM language is a holdover from that time period? I don't think it's indicative of a change coming.

Does anyone have a Joint Credit card with Chase?

I think they only do authorized users now but our card is so old.

The reason for the question is about Chase Offers.

P1 has an offer for walmart.com for 10% back up to $10
P2 has an offer for walmart.com for 5% back up to $50

Does anyone know if both offers would work?
If you only used 1 would they credit the larger $ back or the smaller $ back?

The 24 month language has been seen on some Chase SMs since we started matching, which I think has been since at least last summer. My guess is it's a "quick text" some agents use. If you recall the Inks used to have 24 month language which wasn't enforced, but that language has since disappeared. Perhaps the SM language is a holdover from that time period? I don't think it's indicative of a change coming.
Yeah, I remember I got this same message almost a year ago when requesting a match. Had no issue with the sub crediting.

Silly question but will your CU let you do bill pay where they can mail the check since Chase will not link to your CU?
In the past my CU has then changed it from mailing a check to an electronic payment if the PO Box is in their system.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter