I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

I am currently sitting in the Sakura Lounge in the Bangkok airport waiting for my flight to Haneda (JAL first using AA points).

My stay in Koh Samui ended on a bang, literally. Since I arrived the staff was talking about a wedding that was to take place last night. When I got back to my villa after dinner the walls and windows were vibrating from the DJ music, which was incredibly loud. Then just as I was drifting off to sleep around 11:00 I thought there were gunshots. Turns out they set off fireworks, which lasted for about 5 mins. Since I was awoken so abruptly I had a heck of a time getting back to sleep. I can’t believe they let the wedding party set off fireworks at such a late hour when at least 4 of the villas were not occupied by wedding guests. The loud music continued until midnight. Ugh. Even though I enjoyed the fine Koh Samui weather and food at the resort I can’t see myself wanting to go back to the Cape Fahn.

On another note, I am toying with the idea of going to Tokyo DisneySea tomorrow. My flight lands at 6:40am (it’s an hour late leaving Bangkok tonight); I don’t know how long it will take to clear customs, can’t imagine more than 15-20 mins. If I take a taxi to the hotel (Tokyo Station Hotel on Hyatt points) it should only take 15 minutes. Then I can drop off my bags and take a taxi to DisneySea. Thoughts anyone? It’s open from 9-9 tomorrow and there are tickets available.

Sorry about some of the unpleasant experiences you’ve had. Absolutely go to TDS! The themeing is amazing! The unique snacks and merch are on point and way better than anything I’ve seen at the other parks around the world. They have some very unique attractions. I love Sinbad’s Storybook Voyage and 20,000 Leagues under the sea. The first is like It’s a Small World with a less annoying song and a darling tiger named Chandu that I adore. The second is nothing like you’d expect but very cool. Each time I have gone I found there was little to no wait for them which is a plus. If you are able to get a table at Megellan’s I’d recommend it. I recall the food was really good. Oof now I am wanting to plan a trip to TDS again lol

For travel benefits the CSR is the best, you'll earn 3x on all travel plus you'll have primary car rental insurance and trip delay insurance.

To maximize points earn on normal spend you'll just need to open several cards.
Does the CSP also have primary travel insurance? I didn't feel like going through the hassle of downgrading me/upgrading DH and switching every year. But I do love this benefit.

Because I always ignore this....best way to use the Amex $200 airline credit on actual tickets vs seats, luggage, etc. Oh and how do I score the best Amex Plat offer right now? When I pull up on my browser I get 80k
United travel bank and Southwest under $100 are the easiest and most consistent way I've seen to use the credit on tickets. With both the personal and business platinum I've always had the credit work fine with Southwest tickets under $100. Once I get the credit I cancel the flights and then book and cancel other flights until I have one transferrable travel credit.

I always use Frequent Miler when looking for the best offer. They source the best offers from users and rotate them every 24 hours. That way they always have the best available offer.

On another note, I am toying with the idea of going to Tokyo DisneySea tomorrow. My flight lands at 6:40am (it’s an hour late leaving Bangkok tonight); I don’t know how long it will take to clear customs, can’t imagine more than 15-20 mins. If I take a taxi to the hotel (Tokyo Station Hotel on Hyatt points) it should only take 15 minutes. Then I can drop off my bags and take a taxi to DisneySea. Thoughts anyone? It’s open from 9-9 tomorrow and there are tickets available.
It has my second favorite Tower of Tower, after WDW's. Avoid the quick-service hamburgers, though!

What is the best way to (trip) insure a 2 week trip that includes:

flight to Paris (points + CSP for fees already paid)
Airbnb in Paris (CSP, but not yet booked)
hotel in London for one night (maybe points, maybe cash on CSP, but not booked yet)
train from Paris to Barcelona (not booked yet, but on CSP)
night in Barcelona hotel (not booked yet, but on CSP)
7 day Princess Med cruise (deposit paid on CSP so far)
2 nights in hotel in Rome (CSP, but not yet booked)
flight from Rome to home (points + CSP for fees)

Please don't flame me, but I've never gotten trip insurance before. This'll be my first time.

I am currently sitting in the Sakura Lounge in the Bangkok airport waiting for my flight to Haneda (JAL first using AA points).

My stay in Koh Samui ended on a bang, literally. Since I arrived the staff was talking about a wedding that was to take place last night. When I got back to my villa after dinner the walls and windows were vibrating from the DJ music, which was incredibly loud. Then just as I was drifting off to sleep around 11:00 I thought there were gunshots. Turns out they set off fireworks, which lasted for about 5 mins. Since I was awoken so abruptly I had a heck of a time getting back to sleep. I can’t believe they let the wedding party set off fireworks at such a late hour when at least 4 of the villas were not occupied by wedding guests. The loud music continued until midnight. Ugh. Even though I enjoyed the fine Koh Samui weather and food at the resort I can’t see myself wanting to go back to the Cape Fahn.

I vote for go! (Research shows we regret things we fail to do more than things that we do . . .).

Does the CSP also have primary travel insurance? I didn't feel like going through the hassle of downgrading me/upgrading DH and switching every year. But I do love this benefit.

The CSP has primary car rental insurance, but they exclude certain "high value" cars while CSR does not. We got a great rate on a Tesla rental last time, but it was a high value example, so I had DH upgrade to the CSR.

The travel insurance on the CSR is better. Trip delay is 6 hours instead of 12 and it includes 100k of emergency evacuation, just to name a few.

Is there an easy way for me to find out the deadline to meet my minimum spend on a chase business card?

hotel in London for one night (maybe points, maybe cash on CSP, but not booked yet)

Please don't flame me, but I've never gotten trip insurance before. This'll be my first time.
Go to insure my trip . com - this is what I use for all my Cruises and International Trips. You can compare different companies and rates and see what works best for you. You can also call them and speak with someone, they are very helpful.

I use Insure My Trip as well. Things to think about:

- Are pre-existing conditions a concern, do you need a waiver or is a shorter look back period sufficient
- Do you need medical outside the US
- What's the cancellation policy for the points flight - most can be cancelled with a deposit fee
- Points hotels are tricky. Within the penalty period, technically they can refund the points and charge you the cash rate. But this wouldn't be a prepaid cost and wouldn't be insurable.

I use Insure My Trip as well. Things to think about:

- Are pre-existing conditions a concern, do you need a waiver or is a shorter look back period sufficient
- Do you need medical outside the US
- What's the cancellation policy for the points flight - most can be cancelled with a deposit fee
- Points hotels are tricky. Within the penalty period, technically they can refund the points and charge you the cash rate. But this wouldn't be a prepaid cost and wouldn't be insurable.
Does this sound like the right amount for all of the above through USAA? It was the most expensive one they had -- and quite frankly, I think that's cheap -- but what do I know?

1706203848430.png

Does this sound like the right amount for all of the above through USAA? It was the most expensive one they had -- and quite frankly, I think that's cheap -- but what do I know?

View attachment 828545

The biggest factors for cost is age and trip cost. This would be cheap for my parents in their 70's, but expensive for us. Cost typically goes up per $500 trip cost/person. So it'll cost the same for per person trip cost of $1001-$1500, so you might as well round up.

Devil's in the details with insurance. Read through policies carefully with your concerns in mind.

In 2022 I did AmEx plat (150k)

In 2023 I did
AmEx plat biz (120k)
AmEx biz checking account (60k)
and today I received a 1099 for $600 (presumable for the biz checking account 60k - note that this is not for interest earned for that account, I got a separate 1099 for that)

Just an FYI DP for anyone else who may have done the account last year!

The biggest factors for cost is age and trip cost. This would be cheap for my parents in their 70's, but expensive for us. Cost typically goes up per $500 trip cost/person. So it'll cost the same for per person trip cost of $1001-$1500, so you might as well round up.

Devil's in the details with insurance. Read through policies carefully with your concerns in mind.
Being that I've never done this -- I have no idea what I'm doing, which factors to factor in or how to go about this. I just know I'm going to be in Europe for 21 days on a massive trip and something is bound to go "wrong" at some point. I think maybe where I went wrong was pricing the trip at $15k for 3 people (ages 55,50 and 18)? Should I just break down and call or are they going to upsell me because I'm naive?

I'm an intelligent person beyond this, I promise.

Being that I've never done this -- I have no idea what I'm doing, which factors to factor in or how to go about this. I just know I'm going to be in Europe for 21 days on a massive trip and something is bound to go "wrong" at some point. I think maybe where I went wrong was pricing the trip at $15k for 3 people (ages 55,50 and 18)? Should I just break down and call or are they going to upsell me because I'm naive?

I'm an intelligent person beyond this, I promise.

I've asked questions via chat with Insure My Trip before. They don't give me the impression that they would upsell you.

Another good site is https://tripinsurancestore.com/ They have a lot of good info, though I haven't bought through them before. Smaller company, so you may get more personalized attention.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter