I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

No experience but that TWA has been reviewed by like all flying bloggers and my takeaway is always “don’t stay there”.

Isn’t that the hotel that didn’t even put trash cans in the rooms? Using a mat instead?
Yes those travel blogs were what made me hesitate about the TWA hotel!

I was all prepared to book it (cause it looks so cool and really has such a fantastic location) until I saw the reviews and then became really hesitant about it... And yes a few of the blogs did mention the lack of trash cans!

I'm glad to hear there is a new hotel near JFK. There were no good options when I needed a room last May. I don't know anything about the TWA hotel. However, there is no way I would choose a hotel with worse ratings over a brand new hotel, especially if the one with poor ratings cost that much more.
Yes the Marriott seems to be really new! Reading reviews of it is interesting - there are a few older ones that clearly don't refer to this particular hotel (and where there is a "response from the owner" saying that they are not yet open)! But otherwise it seems to have just opened about 2 months ago, so really brand new at this point in time.

And thanks for that - would definitely make more sense for me to go with the brand new Marriott!

Expiration is based on your birth date. You get 5 years from your next birthday, so your first membership can be up to 6 years from approval. After that it'll be 5 years from the last expiration date.
Thank You for this. I was assuming all 4 of ours would expire at the same time. Did not know this. So, I am able to renew for DH and DS now and DD and I in June. Crossing fingers for no in person interview!!

DL Gold Biz $150 hotel credit
-purchase 2/2
-email of pending stmt credit 2/4

The back end is Expedia, price was very close to what Marriott was charging direct. No Marriott benefits obvs but I don’t care for this one night stay. Used the link on the Amex Benefits page to book, tried through the DL website but kept ending up on the DL Vacations booking page.

Nice little extra bonus. Might make the math work out to keep the card if I fly delta enough to want the free bags next year. Weird the personal versions of these revamped DL cards have the same AF but less hotel credit.
I have the Delta Biz Plat (upgraded from Gold). Was thinking of cancelling but with the hotel benefit now too - plus free checked bags. I will product change back to Biz Gold. Will be able to use the hotel credit no problem.

I have the Delta Biz Plat (upgraded from Gold). Was thinking of cancelling but with the hotel benefit now too - plus free checked bags. I will product change back to Biz Gold. Will be able to use the hotel credit no problem.
i think it needs a minimum spend no? not sure on the business. I'm on the fence still for downgrading my card I've just had it so long .

Was about to cancel Delta Biz Gold as the AF had hit @ $99. Decided to keep it and have just made a hotel booking for the $150 credit - may even consider upgrading to the Plat now that the companion cert can be used to the caribbean.

Was about to cancel Delta Biz Gold as the AF had hit @ $99. Decided to keep it and have just made a hotel booking for the $150 credit - may even consider upgrading to the Plat now that the companion cert can be used to the caribbean.
I've been wondering about upgrading also. But don't want to forgo a SUB and I haven't had the other Delta cards. I guess I'm mostly writing this to help the universe manifest an Amex upgrade offer for my Delta Biz Gold, lol

I've been wondering about upgrading also. But don't want to forgo a SUB and I haven't had the other Delta cards. I guess I'm mostly writing this to help the universe manifest an Amex upgrade offer for my Delta Biz Gold, lol
Someone just posted on one of my FB Groups that they were told there would be some upgrade offers after February 10th. Take it with a grain of salt - but just in case...

I’m wary of getting excited about the new companion cert expansion given how almost darn near useless the old one was. Like what if it’s yeah you can go to the Caribbean- but only on random Tuesdays or Wednesdays during the height of hurricane season.

I don't think there is any minimum spend for the $150 hotel credit . There is a $10,000 minimum for the $200 Delta Flight credit. Is that maybe what you are thinking of?
yea thats how i understood it, I was not sure if it was for both or not, for the reserve I didn't read the terms yet but didn't seem like I got a flight credit only a stay credit.

I’m wary of getting excited about the new companion cert expansion given how almost darn near useless the old one was. Like what if it’s yeah you can go to the Caribbean- but only on random Tuesdays or Wednesdays during the height of hurricane season.
ive had it for 10 years now platinum and reserve card I've only been able to find it out far ahead. I don't get the new certificate though only the old one we will see if this plays out, I have been looking for resy places the ride share credit appears to be for rides only not food but not hard to do too.

I got a pop up for 60k for mine and the same mqms as a new one since its my oldest amex account I took it then I saw a 75k offer a month later oh well. (this was an upgrade I did it maybe 3 years ago for the reserve from the platinum.

The first card I chose was a Capital One Quicksilver, which has been fine... I liked the SUB and the 1.5% cash back... but overall, I *HATE* the company... 8 more days and I will be cashing out my (excellent rate, but what a headache!!!) CD's with them and burning all bridges...
We've been having some issues with Capital One as well. Never had issues before. I wonder if something's changed.

I would get the CSP if you can meet the SUB requirements and handle the $95 AF. Then (after meeting the CSP SUB) I would get the CFU and/or CFF (not at the same time if you get both). Make sure you space this all out if you choose to get more than one card over a period of time.

Thanks! I should have said we both already have inks and CSPs. I will be keeping mine, but planning to get rid of his on the anniversary unless they throw us a good offer. We got great subs, referred each other, etc.

Just wanted to share the data for a trip we booked to London/Paris for Sept. P2 and I each transferred some miles to Flying Blue during the last bonus from Amex, but we had to top it off yesterday in order to book what we wanted. I had been keeping an eye on KLM/Airfrance and when I found a direct flight from Paris to Newark for 50K miles in Biz. Anyway, here is the breakdown all booked on FB all in BIZ:

CLE -> London 91K miles pp + $382 in fees (CLE-JFK on Delta, then JFK-LON on Virgin) wanted to book this way so we could check our bags straight through. We'll have a 4 hour layover to lounge hop.

Paris to Newark - 50K miles pp + $218 in fees (AirFrance). I will book a cheap cash flight on United from Newark to CLE since we have to get our bags, etc. in Newark anyway and we have the United card.

We will be there a total of 10 nights and taking the Eurostar from London to Paris. Excited to start planning and deciding on hotels, etc. Just wanted to share what I thought was a good deal of 141K miles r/t to Europe - actually less than that since we transferred a number during the 25% bonus. DH and I have been to both before, but London was 25 years ago and we didn't go together. We spent a few days in Paris in 2022 but felt we didn't have enough time and have wanted to go back.

ETA: I checked the amount we transferred during the bonus offer plus with what we added yesterday, and the total MR reward points was 234K or 117K pp.

Last edited:
Just wanted to share the data for a trip we booked to London/Paris for Sept. P2 and I each transferred some miles to Flying Blue during the last bonus from Amex, but we had to top it off yesterday in order to book what we wanted. I had been keeping an eye on KLM/Airfrance and when I found a direct flight from Paris to Newark for 50K miles in Biz. Anyway, here is the breakdown all booked on FB all in BIZ:

CLE -> London 91K miles pp + $382 in fees (CLE-JFK on Delta, then JFK-LON on Virgin) wanted to book this way so we could check our bags straight through. We'll have a 4 hour layover to lounge hop.

Paris to Newark - 50K miles pp + $218 in fees (AirFrance). I will book a cheap cash flight on United from Newark to CLE since we have to get our bags, etc. in Newark anyway and we have the United card.

We will be there a total of 10 nights and taking the Eurostar from London to Paris. Excited to start planning and deciding on hotels, etc. Just wanted to share what I thought was a good deal of 141K miles r/t to Europe - actually less than that since we transferred a number during the 25% bonus. DH and I have been to both before, but London was 25 years ago and we didn't go together. We spent a few days in Paris in 2022 but felt we didn't have enough time and have wanted to go back.
We're also going to Paris and London in June! (We also booked a cruise to Italy on the back end.) I moved 105k AMEX miles to AF in October for three nonstop premium economy flights IAH>CDG and then moved 172k Chase UR points to AF with the 25% Chase bonus in November for the FCO>IAH flight home. I think what you found was an excellent deal.

Our total days in Europe is 21 days. I have had my eye on an Airbnb in Paris for two months and the price has gone down. I"m still considering a hotel though. I need to make a decision soon. I waiver back and forth each day. We're also oing to Eurostar to London and stay on points there and going to train to Barcelona (where we'll stay on points for one night) for the beginning our cruise. We'll also stay in Rome two nights. It'll be my first time in all of the above countries!!! ( but I've traveled to Switzerland, Amsterdam, Germany, and Austria several times before.)

I'm excited for you! I'm looking forward to seeing everthing that you share here.

Thanks! I should have said we both already have inks and CSPs. I will be keeping mine, but planning to get rid of his on the anniversary unless they throw us a good offer. We got great subs, referred each other, etc.
You can have more than one Ink, so it's an option again. As for the CSP, it can be downgraded to a plain no fee Sapphire and upgraded later if needed.

We're also going to Paris and London in June! (We also booked a cruise to Italy on the back end.) I moved 105k AMEX miles to AF in October for three nonstop premium economy flights IAH>CDG and then moved 172k Chase UR points to AF with the 25% Chase bonus in November for the FCO>IAH flight home. I think what you found was an excellent deal.

Our total days in Europe is 21 days. I have had my eye on an Airbnb in Paris for two months and the price has gone down. I"m still considering a hotel though. I need to make a decision soon. I waiver back and forth each day. We're also oing to Eurostar to London and stay on points there and going to train to Barcelona (where we'll stay on points for one night) for the beginning our cruise. We'll also stay in Rome two nights. It'll be my first time in all of the above countries!!! ( but I've traveled to Switzerland, Amsterdam, Germany, and Austria several times before.)

I'm excited for you! I'm looking forward to seeing everthing that you share here.

Ahhh, 21 days, I'm jealous! And I'll be waiting on your report since we aren't going until September. We too might look at an Airbnb in Paris, so many markets there I wouldn't mind buying food and taking it back to make our own meals some of the time.

We're going in June, too! We're doing an Italy/Greece cruise and then heading to Paris after. We're at 16 days. I'm hoarding points for flights to Japan next summer, though, so I just cried a bit as I paid cash for our 4 plane tickets 😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter