I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

We did this exact thing on our trip to Scotland. We paid for a room in Edinburgh for 4 nights. During that time we took 2 days/1 night to travel up to the Highlands. I was afraid our luggage wouldn't fit in the rental car since our daughter had been studying abroad! I didn't have any regrets about paying for that night we didn't use, but everyone's situation is different. It was nice to only take what we needed for one night with us.
Totally different thing, but we did something like this in Disney last September. We had a super early flight out of MCO and I was going straight to work when I got home, so I wanted to sleep at the Hyatt MCO. But out last full night had EMH added for DHS, and I didn't really want to be homeless at 11 am until we went to the Hyatt at the end of the night so I waitlisted and got an extra night at BWV. So we had two rooms that lat night, but only slept in one. Both were on points, and it was sooooooo worth it.

If your last card with Chase was September, 2023 then you are fine to apply for another CIP. That's what I would do.

The Hyatt biz card has an elevated offer currently. I wouldn't consider doing the $12k spend for an additional 15k points, but 60k points is decent (boy do I miss the days when the personal card gave you 2 FNCs for any Hyatt hotel -- I got 2 nights each at the PH Vendome and PH Sydney).

Earn up to 75,000 Bonus Points

60,000 Bonus Points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in your first 3 month from account opening.*Opens offer details overlay Earn an additional 15,000 Bonus Points after you spend $12,000 on purchases in your first 6 months from account opening.*Opens offer details overlay Offer ends March 6, 2024.

Hmmm.... Just based on the SUB, CIP is definitely better and can be used at Hyatt...

However if I want to work on status with Hyatt, the WOH business card helps...

Hyatt status is based on calendar year, right?

Decisions, decisions.... 🤯

Just noticed a new WOH personal card offer... 35k SUB ($3MSR) plus additional 30k ($15k in 6 months). I assume that is total $15k spend in 6 months for 65k and not $3k + $15k = $18K?

Last edited:
I'm gonna ask a "have you ever been" question for general info..... Fiji? I'm going for a week+ in August. I am undecided how much time is good ,and what there is to do and see on the islands themselves....asking from those who have experience there? Was (maybe) considering hopping to NZ for a couple of days to visit Auckland area but not sure yet. Don't want my adult ds to get 'bored',I could lie on a beach for days doing nothing and be happy.

Hmmm.... Just based on the SUB, CIP is definitely better and can be used at Hyatt...

However if I want to work on status with Hyatt, the WOH business card helps...

Hyatt status is based on calendar year, right?

Decisions, decisions.... 🤯

Just noticed a new WOH personal card offer... 35k SUB ($3MSR) plus additional 30k ($15k in 6 months). I assume that is total $15k spend in 6 months for 65k and not $3k + $15k = $18K?

For me it would boil down to whether you are chasing Globalist status and if having a Hyatt Card would be key to achieving that.

Putting $15k on the Hyatt Biz would get you the additional 15k points plus 5 nights towards status - at that point you would only be $5k spend away from another 5 nights so might as well do that.

Putting $15k on the personal would get you 2 FNC (1 for having the card + 1 for $15k spend) plus 11 nights towards status (5 for having the card and 6 for spend)

If you are not chasing status, then I think the personal hyatt is still an excellent proposition as the annual FNC is well worth the AF, but the Hyatt Biz is the better option if you need a lot of nights to achieve globalist. I have both and get about 25 qualifying nights a year through them. I put spend on the personal to get to $15k, then beyond that I use the Biz to get the remaining nights I need. Most of the spend I put on the Biz falls in the 2x categories so that helps as well.

I’ve done some searching and digging through old posts but haven’t had luck finding exactly what I’m looking for, even though I’m sure this has been asked a zillion times…

Paris hotels.

I’m Platinum Marriott and zero status Hyatt (but plenty of Hyatt points and URs). Looking for a Paris hotel for our 25th wedding anniversary trip - planning to spend probably 3 nights in Paris in early September 2025 (I know, I’m ridiculous with my planning!)

I’m leaning towards a Marriott property for free breakfast and maybe club lounge access? Any recommendations for well-located Marriotts (we are planning on all the normal Paris tourist activities, as this is our first trip there). A million bonus points for a hotel with air conditioning (we are heat wimps at night) and an open club lounge.

Suggestions? Or convince me it makes sense to stay at a Hyatt without any status?

I’ve done some searching and digging through old posts but haven’t had luck finding exactly what I’m looking for, even though I’m sure this has been asked a zillion times…

Paris hotels.

I’m Platinum Marriott and zero status Hyatt (but plenty of Hyatt points and URs). Looking for a Paris hotel for our 25th wedding anniversary trip - planning to spend probably 3 nights in Paris in early September 2025 (I know, I’m ridiculous with my planning!)

I’m leaning towards a Marriott property for free breakfast and maybe club lounge access? Any recommendations for well-located Marriotts (we are planning on all the normal Paris tourist activities, as this is our first trip there). A million bonus points for a hotel with air conditioning (we are heat wimps at night) and an open club lounge.

Suggestions? Or convince me it makes sense to stay at a Hyatt without any status?
I was Marriott plat last year and couldn't find a Marriott in Paris that was reasonably priced. There is the Westin Vendome, which is outrageously priced (IMHO) and the Renaissance Vendome also absurdly priced (again, IMHO). I decided that as much as I would like free breakfast that I didn't want to pay a premium for it. I am no longer plat and am relieved as I save time not searching for a Marriott property that is in an area that I'd want to stay at a price that I find palatable. You will be in Paris, you do not need free breakfast -- you can go to any number of bakeries and grab a croissant and coffee for a few dollars, ditto for the lounge -- you will not have to look far in any area for amazing food.

Hyatt has some properties in Paris that are good, so if you want to stay on points, that is where I'd concentrate my efforts. I found a nice boutique hotel in the 9th (but borders the 1st) that is clean, quiet and for me at least, very well located. I pay 15 euros for the small breakfast buffet at the hotel for convenience (and it's also very good). I prefer to stay close to the 1st, but as long as you are close to a Metro station you'll be fine to get around Paris.

Just noticed over on FT that Hilton appears to be taking Small and Luxury Hotels(SLH) away from the Hyatt partnership. One of my favorite redemptions was for the Tabacon Thermal Resort in Costa Rica - I can't imagine that redeeming a stay through Hilton will offer the same value I got with Hyatt.

In other news - my credit for the new DL Amex Delta Stays benefit came through in 48 hours - impressive for Amex.

Just noticed over on FT that Hilton appears to be taking Small and Luxury Hotels(SLH) away from the Hyatt partnership. One of my favorite redemptions was for the Tabacon Thermal Resort in Costa Rica - I can't imagine that redeeming a stay through Hilton will offer the same value I got with Hyatt.

In other news - my credit for the new DL Amex Delta Stays benefit came through in 48 hours - impressive for Amex.
Wow, that is a bummer if/when they leave Hyatt completely. It's probably just a matter of time. I find Hilton requires way too many points for redemptions, and I'm sure SLH will require even more! And without the Chase UR transfer aspect... I guess our stay at Los Altos in Costa Rica back in December could be our last SLH stay. We would've never gotten to do that if it weren't for the Hyatt partnership.

Ds and I are planning a trip to Singapore & Tokyo / Tokyo Disney next January. Yesterday I booked 4 nights at the Tokyo Station Hotel for 21k Hyatt pts / night and today I thought that I should book another room for myself, but nothing was available. Kicking myself for not grabbing a second room yesterday!

He’d have to earn another 103,000RR points this calendar year…can he open a SW business card…it earns 80,000 points
or take advantage of the current SW personal card promo…spend $4,000 and earn a CP through 2/28/2025
Thanks so much. I'll pass this on to him.
Getting CP without credit card spend is a truly bonkers amount of flights. And, it resets on calendar year, so, when you say "this year" do you really mean in 2024 or in the last 12 months? If he's at 10 flights in 5 weeks, he may actually hit it this year naturally.

If not, the credit card offer is the best way to get it for a while. You could look at what his travel has been closer to year end and see if tacking on a SW business card would be enough to push him over and earn it for all of 2025.
Yes, 2024. I think somewhere around 15 flights, some in Biz Select, some not (I'm not sure if that even makes a difference here). It stinks, and it's not going to last much longer, but with this unexpected lemon I'm trying to find a way to make lemonade. We tend to fly United most of the time but they don't have the flights he needs for this project.

Paris hotels.

I'm partial to the PHPV, but it's a lot of Hyatt points. I've stayed there without any status back in 2011, and several times since then with Globalist, and I will admit that the free breakfast there is pretty amazing. We liked it enough the first time we went back, so I guess that shows you how much we all enjoyed it. I love the location, too, but I also know that it's not everyone's cup of tea.

I would be a bit bummed if SLH does indeed end their relationship with Hyatt, we've had many great stays all over Europe at SLH properties. Sometimes it's the only good option for using Hyatt points to stay somewhere centrally located, like in Barcelona where the only Hyatt is by the airport and not downtown.

Does SLH partnering with Hilton necessarily mean that they'll drop Hyatt?

I would be a bit bummed if SLH does indeed end their relationship with Hyatt, we've had many great stays all over Europe at SLH properties. Sometimes it's the only good option for using Hyatt points to stay somewhere centrally located, like in Barcelona where the only Hyatt is by the airport and not downtown.

Does SLH partnering with Hilton necessarily mean that they'll drop Hyatt?

It's been confirmed by people on reddit who have asked at hyatt. They'll honor any bookings made but no one knows when booking them will stop.

Paris hotels.

Another vote for the Park Hyatt Place Vendome. Stayed there in Aug 2022 and it was amazing! I loved the area but didn't have enough pts to stay there when I went back May 2023. For that trip, I looked for Marriott or Hilton near that Opera area. I originally booked the Marriott Opera on Haussmann, but switched to the Hilton Paris Opera because I had Diamond status and because the Marriott reviews weren't great.

I was Marriott plat last year and couldn't find a Marriott in Paris that was reasonably priced. There is the Westin Vendome, which is outrageously priced (IMHO) and the Renaissance Vendome also absurdly priced (again, IMHO). I decided that as much as I would like free breakfast that I didn't want to pay a premium for it. I am no longer plat and am relieved as I save time not searching for a Marriott property that is in an area that I'd want to stay at a price that I find palatable. You will be in Paris, you do not need free breakfast -- you can go to any number of bakeries and grab a croissant and coffee for a few dollars, ditto for the lounge -- you will not have to look far in any area for amazing food.

Hyatt has some properties in Paris that are good, so if you want to stay on points, that is where I'd concentrate my efforts. I found a nice boutique hotel in the 9th (but borders the 1st) that is clean, quiet and for me at least, very well located. I pay 15 euros for the small breakfast buffet at the hotel for convenience (and it's also very good). I prefer to stay close to the 1st, but as long as you are close to a Metro station you'll be fine to get around Paris.
i have Marriot lifetime platinum i agree with this settlement I only use it when I have sadly that wasn't the case when I was all pro SPG.

For me it would boil down to whether you are chasing Globalist status and if having a Hyatt Card would be key to achieving that.

Putting $15k on the Hyatt Biz would get you the additional 15k points plus 5 nights towards status - at that point you would only be $5k spend away from another 5 nights so might as well do that.

Putting $15k on the personal would get you 2 FNC (1 for having the card + 1 for $15k spend) plus 11 nights towards status (5 for having the card and 6 for spend)

If you are not chasing status, then I think the personal hyatt is still an excellent proposition as the annual FNC is well worth the AF, but the Hyatt Biz is the better option if you need a lot of nights to achieve globalist. I have both and get about 25 qualifying nights a year through them. I put spend on the personal to get to $15k, then beyond that I use the Biz to get the remaining nights I need. Most of the spend I put on the Biz falls in the 2x categories so that helps as well.
I'm still trying to figure out the Hyatt system and this is helpful.

How far does all of this CC spend get you in terms of the nights you need for Globalist?

I'm still trying to figure out the Hyatt system and this is helpful.

How far does all of this CC spend get you in terms of the nights you need for Globalist?
I'll share my plans in case it's helpful, and in case anyone wants to chime in on it and give feedback!

The biz card gets you 5 qualifying nights per $10K spend, which is 1 night better than the personal's 2 nights per $5K IF you would be spending enough. But the personal comes with 5 qualifying nights just for holding the card.

It helps, but you have to spend a lot or combine this with a lot of stays. We mostly stay at Hyatts if possible, and have 29 nights booked at Hyatts for this year (the only times we're not staying at a Hyatt is Tokyo Disney, a cruise, and two nights at an Amex FHR hotel to use up our Plat credits).

I have Globalist and want to keep it. I have a tally of how much our free breakfasts and free parking would have cost (even though I know we wouldn't have dined at the hotels' restaurants for breakfast without the benefit) to help show how much the benefit is worth to us. Last year it was over $1500. I think it will be higher this year because we have more nights at places where free breakfast isn't included for all (as is the case with SLH properties).

So I plan to first get the Biz card and put at least $20K on it over several months, that more than meets the MSR and gets me 10 qualifying nights. Then, the plan is to get the personal card and put at least $15K on it--MSR met, plus 5 nights for holding the card, plus 6 nights for the spend. That's at least 21 nights from CCs.

Combined with our actual nights from travel we'll be at 50. Later on this year, I'll decide whether to put more spend on the cards or do a bit of mattress running. It may depend on whether there are other MSRs I want to work on or not. I have a list of the four cat 1 Hyatt House/Place in my area and the nights that are "off peak at each" - those nights are 3,500 pts, so I'd be wasting about 35K URs/Hyatt pts for the 10 nights, but it's worth it to me. If they do a "boundless journeys" or other kind of promotion as they have in the past that gives you back some number of points (like 3K back for every 2 stays), that will tip the scales for a mattress run.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter