I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

I tried to look, but couldn’t find an answer. I have a CSP and booked a Royal Caribbean Alaskan cruise for June 2025 along with my parents and my two sisters and their spouses. We’ve never cruised on RC and never booked anything so far in advance. My sister cruises with them all the time and she already had her own travel agent and said we got the best price we’d ever get on this cruise. The travel agent asked if I wanted travel Insurance for $379, and I declined because i was thinking with the CSP there’s some kind of built in travel insurance. Is that correct? What does it cover? I know it has some kind of travel delay reimbursement. I get so confused reading the coverage details on Chase.

Trying to decide on either my next or DH's next card and have a few questions. I have to wait a bit for Chase due to timing so I'm looking at other issuer's personal or biz cards. Nothing for Amex is jumping out at me, so far I haven't gotten into MR's because I don't think they fit our travel needs. I'd like either cash back or points for travel expenses that can be erased. Our air and hotel is covered for our summer trips, but I would still like to cover the cost for Universal tickets, cost of car rental (but want to put on CSR for car rental protection) and food. So, here are my questions :)

US Bank Altitude Connect (personal) - this offer is for 50k points (worth $500), plus TSA precheck, $0 AF first year, 4 Priority pass visits, and $30 streaming credit. Only $2k MSR/120 days. This seems like a really good offer to me, but I don't see it on DOC's list of best cc offers. Am I missing something? Does anyone have any experience with this card that could weigh in with their experience? I've had previous US Bank biz cards, but never any personal cards.

Capital One Venture - can miles be redeemed for UCT ticket purchases? I found an article that said they could, but it was about a year old so wanted to check if that was still correct.

If there are any other cards I should consider please let me know that too. Thank you!

Oh wow. The US Bank Altitude has never been on my radar but that sounds pretty good. Going to look into it as I also need to slow down on Chase and am getting AMEX pop-ups.

For the Venture, I have definitely used that to buy tickets through UCT. It has been a little over a years since the last time but I can't imagine that they are coding differently now. I'm sure someone would have been mad about it and it would have been posted somewhere here! I believe for Universal, you can also book straight through Capital One's portal but I do not remember if that was a good deal or not.

Trying to decide on either my next or DH's next card and have a few questions. I have to wait a bit for Chase due to timing so I'm looking at other issuer's personal or biz cards. Nothing for Amex is jumping out at me, so far I haven't gotten into MR's because I don't think they fit our travel needs. I'd like either cash back or points for travel expenses that can be erased. Our air and hotel is covered for our summer trips, but I would still like to cover the cost for Universal tickets, cost of car rental (but want to put on CSR for car rental protection) and food. So, here are my questions :)

US Bank Altitude Connect (personal) - this offer is for 50k points (worth $500), plus TSA precheck, $0 AF first year, 4 Priority pass visits, and $30 streaming credit. Only $2k MSR/120 days. This seems like a really good offer to me, but I don't see it on DOC's list of best cc offers. Am I missing something? Does anyone have any experience with this card that could weigh in with their experience? I've had previous US Bank biz cards, but never any personal cards.

Capital One Venture - can miles be redeemed for UCT ticket purchases? I found an article that said they could, but it was about a year old so wanted to check if that was still correct.

If there are any other cards I should consider please let me know that too. Thank you!
I have used Cap One for Disney and Universal Tickets. Just erased the charges.

How many UR's do you have? They do have Universal Tickets on Chase Website. With the CSR you would get them at a nice savings.

The US Bank Altitude looks like a nice SUB for little spend.... Hmmm. Just wish it was a Biz Card. Now have to decide if want to use a Personal slot for this.

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the head's up. I wish I'd seen this before I had DH book something! We decided to do a day trip from London to Brighton and use it there. I hope this never happens again, but if it does, I will definitely give it a shot. We usually use them to visit out DD in Pheonix to play golf at the Biltmore or Boulders. I was trying to find Amsterdam availably but no luck. Ah well, now I have the dates on my calendar so hopefully this won't happen again. Thanks again.
Can't recall when your London trip is? I've heard such amazing things about the WA Amsterdam. I'd love to see it during tulip season, late March-May, since I think the WA Amsterdam has one of the few private garden areas. If you're flexible, I'd put an alert search out on openhotelalert, maxmypoint or staywithpoints. I've had the best luck with the last two.

Same! I'm checking DH's and my mom's as well. DH does have an offer for 150K, he's had that for weeks, but 200K would really move the needle for us.

I had no plans to go for a new card any time soon, but I got the 190K offer. Not the 200k offer, but not bad.
Where did you see the offer? DOC mentions it would be in the offers tab of the app, but I prefer to use the website over the app.

ETA: If I use the DoC link, I get the "offer no longer available" and a 120k offer. womp womp

Last edited:
Where did you see the offer? DOC mentions it would be in the offers tab of the app, but I prefer to use the website over the app.

ETA: If I use the DoC link, I get the "offer no longer available" and a 120k offer. womp womp
DH's offer appears at the top of his regular offers list on his current Biz Plat

ETA: I might consider DH taking the offer if we weren't working on two INK SUBs rn. We got these last month but only recently were able to start putting spend on them. Since Amex is sensitive to MS via GC purchases, I would worry that we wouldn't make the MSR of a new Biz Plat in time

Can't recall when your London trip is? I've heard such amazing things about the WA Amsterdam. I'd love to see it during tulip season, late March-May, since I think the WA Amsterdam has one of the few private garden areas. If you're flexible, I'd put an alert search out on openhotelalert, maxmypoint or staywithpoints. I've had the best luck with the last two.
Thanks for the resources. Those are new to me and look great. We leave in 2 weeks, and the certificate expires on the 3rd day we are there, which is why this was such a tight squeeze. We have a timeshare and already had nights reserved so we are double paying, but oh well. In good news we spend 4-6 weeks there a year so Amsterdam could be in our future for another FNC. Thanks again!

I have used Cap One for Disney and Universal Tickets. Just erased the charges.

How many UR's do you have? They do have Universal Tickets on Chase Website. With the CSR you would get them at a nice savings.

The US Bank Altitude looks like a nice SUB for little spend.... Hmmm. Just wish it was a Biz Card. Now have to decide if want to use a Personal slot for this.

I'm going to use most of my UR's for the Hard Rock. I may have enough For 1 or possibly 2 UO tickets after the hotel is reserved. I should be getting a SUB at the beginning of March so then I'll know exactly what's left.

I agree, wish it was a biz card but I've already had a few US Bank biz cards also. I'm not eligible for any right now. You might want to check those out if you want to save your 5/24 spots.

After our last stay at the Al Maha Desert Resort and Spa we pretty much depleted our BonBlah points. So we are working on building up another stash of those. We are ineligible for the Bevy card since we both hold a Ritz Carlton card which I don’t plan to give up or downgrade. When the Brilliant card changes came into effect, I went ahead and downgraded after the FN cert posted. I was hoping for an upgrade offer at some point but have heard those are scarce. Well lo and behold I finally got one. 75k BonBlah points for $5k spend in 6 months. Hurray for optimism!

The offer was listed in my Amex account under card offers. If I click on someone's link the best I could get was the 120k offer.

Sighhh instacart+ on csr.car.. I feel like I'm doing this wrong- I have added my csr to acct for the benefits- yet bottom of acct page says "unlock special offers" and then "add card" which I do (again) but it still shows aa not added, just 5 of the same cc # for payment method.... I don't get this

Sighhh instacart+ on csr.car.. I feel like I'm doing this wrong- I have added my csr to acct for the benefits- yet bottom of acct page says "unlock special offers" and then "add card" which I do (again) but it still shows aa not added, just 5 of the same cc # for payment method.... I don't get this
Not sure but when I have issues, I go to desktop version. If there are duplicate payment sources, delete the extra ones (that’s weird bc they shouldn’t be there). When I couldn’t add a new card it was because I had reached the card limit for my account, although it won’t tell you that. I deleted a few cards then tried adding and it allowed it. Also try unlocking benefits by going from Chase CSR account.

Help please! Long story short- I am working right next to the airport today so I’m going in person to buy tickets from Frontier bc they’re $38 a person cheaper if you buy in person. In my rush to get to work, I forgot to grab DH’s wallet with the CSP and other cards with travel protection.
All I have on me right now are Chase Disney card, AmEx Bonvoy (used to be the Starwood one), and a Chase Freedom (the original one opened in 2007).
I’m extra mad at myself because we are flying Frontier so there’s a real possibility that we will need to utilize the travel protection. And we live to far from the airport for me to come back at a different time.
Which would you use if you were me?

Hi all, where should three of us (two adults, one 18 year old child) stay in London proper (near the touristy "good stuff" - Buckingham Palace, etc. ) for just one night in June on points? Can transfer point from either Chase or AMEX.
We'll be coming in on Eurostar from Paris for only one night, June 18th, and leaving the next afternoon day back to Paris, June 19th.

Help please! Long story short- I am working right next to the airport today so I’m going in person to buy tickets from Frontier bc they’re $38 a person cheaper if you buy in person. In my rush to get to work, I forgot to grab DH’s wallet with the CSP and other cards with travel protection.
All I have on me right now are Chase Disney card, AmEx Bonvoy (used to be the Starwood one), and a Chase Freedom (the original one opened in 2007).
I’m extra mad at myself because we are flying Frontier so there’s a real possibility that we will need to utilize the travel protection. And we live to far from the airport for me to come back at a different time.
Do they take apple/google Samsung pay? If someone is at home, could they call you with the card numbers to set it up? I only have used Apple Pay, but the card is always available immediately when I enter it into my Apple Wallet.

Edit: Looks like they do for in flight purchases, but might not for ticketing, bummer. Hard to tell online.

Do they take apple/google Samsung pay? If someone is at home, could they call you with the card numbers to set it up? I only have used Apple Pay, but the card is always available immediately when I enter it into my Apple Wallet.
Given my past experiences with the Frontier counter, I’m thinking this is a no.
I thought about giving them DH’s numbers but thought they would prob not allow it. Worth a try though I guess.
What would you use as a plan B?

The Freedom only has trip cancellation/interruption. No trip delay, which is maybe what you're more worried about. The Amex Bonvoy (if it's the $95 AF one), I only see baggage insurance for lost or stolen. For Disney, I see baggage delay over 6 hours, $100/day for 3 days.

If I had to choose, I guess I'd go with the Freedom. Because wouldn't the airline be responsible for lost baggage and delays? I'm not sure in what circumstance you'd want to file with cc insurance instead of the airline.

Edit: Looks like they do for in flight purchases, but might not for ticketing, bummer. Hard to tell online.

This is what I was going to sugggest. Call home and get the numbers from someone and add it to your apple pay (or whatever digital wallet you use). I would have that loaded just in case.

The Freedom only has trip cancellation/interruption. No trip delay, which is maybe what you're more worried about. The Amex Bonvoy (if it's the $95 AF one), I only see baggage insurance for lost or stolen. For Disney, I see baggage delay over 6 hours, $100/day for 3 days.

If I had to choose, I guess I'd go with the Freedom. Because wouldn't the airline be responsible for lost baggage and delays? I'm not sure in what circumstance you'd want to file with cc insurance instead of the airline.

I like baggage coverage more, so I would go with one of those cards. But I like UR, so I would maybe want to earn those. Kind of depends on what is worth more to you.

Not sure but when I have issues, I go to desktop version. If there are duplicate payment sources, delete the extra ones (that’s weird bc they shouldn’t be there). When I couldn’t add a new card it was because I had reached the card limit for my account, although it won’t tell you that. I deleted a few cards then tried adding and it allowed it. Also try unlocking benefits by going from Chase CSR account.
Thanks... I'll try on a computer- and I went thru chase app link so it says it's already redeemed on that page.

Hi all, where should three of us (two adults, one 18 year old child) stay in London proper (near the touristy "good stuff" - Buckingham Palace, etc. ) for just one night in June on points? Can transfer point from either Chase or AMEX.
We'll be coming in on Eurostar from Paris for only one night, June 18th, and leaving the next afternoon day back to Paris, June 19th.
You might want to think about staying closer to St. Pancras rather than central London, which will be extremely expensive for summer. The three adults will also be an issue as a lot of hotel have a max occupancy of 2. I think Hyatt is supposed to go the farthest with point transfers?

If you don't care about cost and want to be in central London, look in the Green Park area as you will have an easy ride to and back to St. Pancras on the tube. There are a number of Hilton and Marriott properties in the area. The Park Lane Hilton is lovely and it's close to Green Park Tube Station (which is on both the Piccadilly and Victoria tube line that connects to King's Cross/St. Pancreas) but its $$$$. I think there is a Hyatt in that area also.

But I would actually consider staying close to St. Pancras/King's Cross or even Euston to make dropping bags and picking them up easier (and it will be considerably cheaper) and then just use the tube to go in and out of central London. I tend to do Hilton for one night stays. I stay at the Paddington Hilton on points all the time and I've stayed at the Euston Hilton a couple times to catch early trains.

The tube is so easy to get around so pull up a tube map and you can get an idea of what will be easy to access from King's Cross/St. Pancras tube lines to maximize your time. https://tfl.gov.uk/maps/track/tube And just cross your fingers they don't have strikes while you are there! London is becoming the new France with transport strikes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter